Start by marking “It Gives You Strength” as Want to Read:

It Gives You Strength

A mashup of Science Fiction, Historical Fiction and Fantasy, set in New York during prohibition, the characters interact with actual historic figures, including mobster Jack “Legs” Diamond, heavyweight boxing champion Jack Dempsey, and World War heroine Edith Cavell.

The story follow an alien anthropologist, Tashan Zho, on a rescue mission to the distant planet Earth in 192
Paperback
Published August 5th 2020

Start your review of It Gives You Strength
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
A well written and witty page-turner that’s full of memorable characters...

Forty-some years ago my uncle gave me a science fiction anthology. It was a thick red hardback that I read from cover to cover. It inspired a lifelong love of the genre. The stories in that book made me think outside the box. They filled me with awe for the imagination it took to write them. That book still remains in my collection today. The title is OMNIBUS OF SCIENCE FICTION, edited by Groff Conklin, a well-known and p
Dipali Gupta
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a crisp and interesting plot woven around science and history which is perfect for captivating the interest of readers.The Story is fast-paced and entertaining it has so many interesting elements that's why I truly enjoy reading it . Story is so intriguing from the first page when a drone guided by AI Melanie is about to hit the starship of the royal family and how they escaped from there .
Tashan Zho, an alien scientist, is sent to Earth on a rescue mission.
He had to find the crown prince
Agustina Franceschini
I was really excited when I started Reading “It Gives You Strength”, because I’ve read a lot of books like this, but I thought this one was going to be different. I was totally right.⠀

This book tells us the story of an Alien Scientist, who is sent to earth on a secret and important mission. This creature must prevent the earth from its end, but it has to save it inside of a human body.⠀

When he finally arrives on earth to begin work, he realizes that the body that was given to him is not suitab
Cynthia Cuestas
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are new to reading science fiction and happen to love American History, this book is for you! I am new to reading science fiction and I felt that this book was an excellent precursor to this genre due to how Philip Brown made the book so easy yet captivating to follow. Brown does a beautiful job of combining historical and science fiction in "It Gives You Strength". The chapters of Brown's book takes you on an adventurous journey of meeting aliens in a far solar system from earth who happ ...more
Kevin P
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brown had me at “Sentient”

Science fiction as a genre is usually not at the top of my list when I venture onto Amazon for a good read. In fact, it’s more likely at the bottom. Nevertheless, Brown’s “It Gives You Strength” broke all of my self-imposed rules for what qualifies as great literature. And given the age of Covid’s realities of an unseen predator emitting from the mouths of strangers to make life as we once knew it unrecognizable, maybe we all need to be more accepting of “science”.
Unbo
Grasshopper Bot
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Philip Brown has brought forth in his book, a thought that might have bewildered many scientists.
'If we abruptly introduce the concept of alien civilizations to them, their belief
systems and natural development will be forever altered,'

One can only hope for this world of his creation 'The citizens of Dagan had been taught since childhood that they had evolved beyond the use of physical violence.'

After the promising start in space, the book switches to regular earth life, with boxing & bootleggi
CHRISTOPHER MORANO
Philip Brown coalesces culture, family, history and science fiction to create a work of gravitas and promise. In It Gives You Strength, he weaves a a fascinating tale. It keeps the reader in a tantalizing space in which history is honored, and reviewed, while anticipation of the future is dangled like a sweet, uncertain fruit. I look forward to the sequel!
Booksiren
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In New York City of the prohibition era of 1920s, when the mobster Jack “Legs” Diamond is not the man to mess with, the heavyweight boxing champion Jack Dempsey is at the top of his game, and the World War heroine Edith Cavell is remembered for her valor, an alien anthropologist from a distant planet finds himself transported to Earth into the body of a bootlegger and follows clues from his broken memory to save the planet from a devastating invasion.

It’s been years since the rulers of the adva
Tim
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Awesome Book! This book is so Well Written. I am a fan of SyFiFantasy, and Historical Fiction. This book has it all. The Characters in this book are wonderful. I haven’t enjoyed a book as much as this in a long time
Carissa
Nov 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, giveaway, dnf
Thanks to Goodreads, the publisher, and the author for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Ok so two things excited me about this: the cover (the cover!) and the mash-up of genres, which basically plucked all of my favorites out of my brain. I ended up putting it on my DNF shelf however, and I will get back to this if I have time, but at the point where I was in the book, I still wasn't drawn in.

So basically the plot, from what I gathered, was that an ex-celebrity "athlete" in a sport calle
Deependra Singh
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow...what a science fiction this book is, everything i came across was very new read and innovative, language used is lucid, i enjoyed every page.
Book begins with " The Lady Melanie '', a sentient with no consciousness, only purpose of her was to receive data & carry out commands, nothing more than a smart weapon, she was a " Stealth killer Drone ".
Her purpose had entered her kill zone between "Venus and Earth" and she had the target locked on Trundholm.
Alien royal family of planet "Dagan"
Shantanu Rawat
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fresh and fascinating plot woven around science and history which is ideal for dazzling the enthusiasm of readers.The Story is relentless and engaging it has so many intriguing components that is the reason I really appreciate understanding it . Story is so fascinating from the main page when a robot guided by AI Melanie is going to hit the starship of the illustrious family and how they got away from that point .

Tashan Zho, an outsider researcher, is shipped off Earth on a salvage missi
Shubham Lakhina
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
By - Philip Raymond Brown
Format – Kindle Edition
Genre – Sci-fi Fantasy
Print Length – 314 Pages
My Ratings – 4.7/5

PLOT –

🖊The story starts in 1926. Tashan Zho is an Alien Scientist and sent to Earth on a rescue mission. The Alien 's form of camouflage helps him to resurrect the body of a dead host so that the alien can walk effortlessly among the earthlings.

🖊Since Tashan Zho reanimates the bodies, his memories and mission files are evidently contaminated by the body. Today,
Komal Chhabra
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
💫Nevertheless, all my self-imposed guidelines about what counts as great literature were violated by Brown's "It Gives You Strength" And in the age of Covid 's reality of an invisible enemy coming from the mouths of strangers to make life as
we once knew it was unrecognisable, maybe we would all be more "scientific" embracing.

💫Unbounded by the traditional limitations of earth and the biology and physics of her species, Brown has built a wonderful romp back to the roaring twenties in the lovely
Ankita
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Gives You Strength is a novel that is not based on just single genre. Infact, it is based on multiple genres like Science Fiction, Fantasy and historical fiction. The story is set in the past in year 1926. Protagonist of the story is an academician Dr Tashan Zho. He was called by the High Council and it is a big achievement for him. Zho is an anthropologist who have studied life on the planet Earth. The High Council members asked Zho about the weapons that Earth's scientist possess. Zho told ...more
Sourav
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
GIVES YOU STRENGTH

AUTHOR:- PHILIP RAYMOND BROWN

FORMAT:- KINDLE

GENRE:- SCIENTIFIC FICTION

MY RATINGS:- 4.8/5

➡️ The book is a scientific fictional fantasy by the reader friendly author. The book is filled with alot of twists and turns. It is a thriller.

➡️ The story is about a alien rescue mission. Tashan Zho is sent to earth for the rescue mission. He has some great powers. He can reanimate the body of a dying host , so that he can walk among earthlings.

➡️ But right there a problem occurs. His
Rutuja Ramteke
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Oh boy, how this could be so fun and so real. I am amazed by the imagination of the author that he put in the story with many fresh and unique concepts. It Gives You Strength is a modern day sci-fi with a blend of fantasy and dark fiction, though the story is not set in today's time but I feel it's way more ahead than what humans can think when it comes to sci-fi, I would say, this is what you call as a great sci-fi. Honestly, let me warn, the book serves so much more than the blurb depicts, you
Sejal
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Gives You Strength is a stunning Sci-fi novel, it's a graphic and sensational novel that will drench your complete consideration into the story. The creator weaves an all around made Sci-fi dream that is stuffed to the rafters with a lot of mistery, activity and experience.

The story is about an outsider physicist ( an alien) who was sent on a salvage mission to planet earth. It was a highly confidential mission and a PC was intended to take Tashan Zho to earth and help him to remember the tr
Eliza Evans
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some books are attractive with their title itself. The title "It gives you strength" is a positive title which can attract any reader at the first sight. It’s a scientific fiction novel full of mystery, action, drama and pact full adventure. The setting of the fiction is placed in New York City and I have spent some good time there and I love to read everything related to this City.

The plot of this fiction is unique and interesting and it will transport you to the another world.
Tashan Zho, an al
Shreyasi Sarkar
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Set in 1926 during the prohibition era of upstate New York, this is a page turner for all historical and sci-fi lovers. It is loaded with drama, suspense and action.
Dr. Tashan Zho is an alien scientist who disguises using a transference protocol for a rescue mission to earth. I found the concept of this transference protocol pretty interesting as it used a dying host and reanimated its body to make the extraterrestrial creatures look like one among the others on earth. The suspense builds up whe
Sagar
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Gives You Strength By Philip Raymond Brown❤

📚My Rating:9.7/10

⭐It is 1926, the height of prohibition. Tashan Zho, an alien scientist, is sent to Earth on a rescue mission. The alien's method of disguise, the Transference Protocol, allows the extraterrestrial to reanimate the body of a dying host so that the alien can seamlessly walk among Earthlings.

⭐The suspense builds up when he lands on earth with a marred memory and corrupted mission files as he tried to reanimate a bootlegger whose body wa
Shiny  Jain
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
💕The cover says it all for the novel- “It gives you strength”. Yes it’s a scientific fiction novel full of mystery, action, drama and pact full adventure. The setting of the fiction is places in New York City which is why I love this novel more as I have spent a good time in this city and everything related to NYC makes me relate more and more.

💕Tashan Zho an alien from another planet, who is on a rescue mission to Earth is transported into the dying body of bootlegger Ryan Costello. When Ryan Co
Moksh
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"She is nothing more than a weapon, albeit a weapon."

Thanks Dr Sarah Brown, for being heroic in the battle against pandemic and supporting a debutant author in crafting such brilliant sentences.

Engaging plot that have twists and turns, hybrid characters with transference protocal, interaction with actual historical figures, including a mobster, a heavyweight champ and a world war heroine, patients of seizure disorders, prison camp with cripling human rights violations, a seemingly impossible re
Sneha Sarkar
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you like Science fantasy fiction then jumping into the realm of this genre is very enjoyable and fun ride.

An alien scientist, Tashan Zho is on a mission to rescue a member on earth. He has to discover the princess Halana in any other case Alien's family of planet 'Dagan' has design to invade earth to discover their princess.

On his arrival, Zho reanimates the remains of a dead bootlegger, his memory and mission files are corrupted by alcohol-ravaged body.

Kelly, the leader of a criminal gang of
Ian
An alien scientist, Dr Zho, is sent against his will on a mission to rescue a member of his world’s royal family stranded on Earth. On arrival his life force is transferred into a dying human, but his mission files are badly damaged and he finds himself plunged into prohibition era America. What you get is an intriguing mash-up of sci-fi and historical fiction.

There are some familiar sci-fi tropes here – transferring into another body, interacting with a less advanced civilisation – but the book
Monika Singla
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🔷 BOOK: It Gives You Strength
🔷 AUTHOR: Philip Raymond Brown

If you love reading historical and science fiction then this book is for you. The story is captivating right from the first chapter. Tashan Zho was sent to a planet Earth on a top secret rescue mission. He has to rescue Princess Halana who was believed to be held hostage on Earth in a prison called Craig Colony. This book involves the concept of Transference. Things got complicated when he reached Earth and had broken memory and corrupte
Nony
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It Gives You Strength is a Science Fiction written by the author Philip Raymond Brown. In 1926, Dr Tashan Zho is an alient scientist of the planet Dagan. He is also an anthropologist. As a boy, Zho was fascinated by the planet Earth and therefore he has done great research about it.

The High Council of Dagan believed that the Princess Halana is still alive and she was held hostage on the planet Earth in a prison called the Craig Colony. Council was going to launch starships in the coming few mon
Deepika Kumari
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stories of aliens really fascinates me. This story is about an alien scientist who was sent to planet Earth for a rescue mission. It was a top secret mission and a computer was programmed to take Tashan Zho to earth and make him aware about the Transference Protocol. After being transported to Earth, when Tashan wakes up in an alcoholic bootlegger, he has broken memory and corrupted files for his mission and he only remembered one thing - To Find Mike Kelly.

Major Mike Kelly is the leader of a c
Yaman
It Gives You Strength By Philip Raymond Brown

My Rating:- 9.9/10

🌟The book begins with a bang by introducing Lady Melanie (Tashan Zho), an alien who will soon come to life in the body of former Ryan Costello. No less important than "saving the earth," she is given a mission.

🌟The author skillfully combines space opera with history, both soothing and fun, while never allowing the gadgets and gizmos to take over the plot, despite its strong combination of technology and science elements. The characte
Funboy
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
It Gives You Strength Review 🗣️

It's an amazing book written by Philip Raymond Brown and it's has about 314 pages and the genre of the book is Crime, Thriller & Mystery.

It's a story of Melanie who is Alien and goes into body of former ryan Costello. She is on a mission to save the earth.

Characters and the plot of story is really amazing and it's a fast pace story.

The writing style of the author is very amazing and error free. Author has narrated this story very nicely.

Cover of the book is highlig

• MIЯЯЯO : at THƎ WƎIЯⱭ WAYWAЯⱭ