Start by marking “Hidden Meridians (Around Curiosity's Edge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Meridians (Around Curiosity's Edge, #1)

Hidden Meridians (Around Curiosity's Edge, #1)

A hidden world waits, a dark society schemes, and a ship sails to protect that which cannot be lost.

Salem Swan knows none of this as he arrives in Easterly. He knows only that he misses his recently deceased mother, that his new guardian, his uncle Ulysses is unique, and that the boat which will now be his home is unlike anything he has ever seen.

Fearful of this new reali
Published May 6th 2021 by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Meridians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Meridians

Start your review of Hidden Meridians (Around Curiosity's Edge, #1)
Tatiana
May 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you so much to the author for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review!

Salem Swans never knew his father. His mother raised him and she was the center of his entire universe. Until the night a fire started and took everything Salem had ever known away from me. Newley orphaned, Salem is taken to his only remaining family member, Ulysses. To his surprise, his uncle's home is upon a boat named Curiosity and has a full crew of people.

At first, Salem believes his uncle to be a pirate
❦ Shelby | LiteraryFaery ❦
"𝑰𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒘𝒂𝒚."

First off, thanks so much to J.P. Hostetler for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

Okay, WOW--I’ve officially found the PERFECT book to recommend to my freshman English students who come to me asking for book recommendations after devouring everything by Rick Riordan and dying for more adventure novels grounded in fascinating mythologies. This book was a ton of fast-paced fun!! My attenti
Thais • tata.lifepages •
Rating 3.5 Stars! Thank you to the author for gifting me a copy!

The story follows Salem, who goes through a big life change after losing his mother. He has to move in with his Uncle Ulysses and unbeknownst to Salem and his relocation manager, Ulysses lives on a ship: The Curiosity. Soon Salem finds out that the Curiosity is not just any ship. He discovers more and more about the past of his father, who he never met, and learns that there is much more to the world he thought he knew. The Curiosit
Carla
Jun 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The begining

Arson. Murder. The life of a teen, spared. An older man, dead. So begins a tale of wonder.
Salem Swan has lost his mother and is sent to live with his uncle, on a ship! But, the ship, like her crew and Salem are more than they seem. They are a part of a struggle between those who would only have pure humans on the Earth and those who see diversity as the way to true unity for life. The ship and crew have been a part of that struggle for many years. Salem has entered the fight.

The sto
Michelle Rene
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you want a rich world that’s fully immersive from page one, look no further than the Around Curiosity’s Edge series. Hostetler paints with words not just the characters but the sights and sounds of a world all his own creation. A landscape in poetry on every page.
J.P. Hostetler
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I won't review my own book but I am so excited for it to get its cover and physical body soon! ...more
Book Reviewer
Jun 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Around Curiosity’s Edge: Hidden Meridians by J.P. Hostetler immerses the reader in an adventurous world of magic, intrigue, and mystery. Following a cast of characters varying in background and purpose, we’re able to learn about the in-depth universe of magic and its effects on reality. Our characters, including Fern, Ulysses, Salem, Roach, and more, find that they are interconnected in deep and spiritual ways. Our protagonists face off against the Regulats, who want to erase magical bloodlines ...more
Pratibha Malav
Apr 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Book - Around Curiosity's Edge: Hidden Meridians
Author - J.P. Hostetler
Rating - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.8/5
"Around Curiosity's Edge: Hidden Meridians" by J.P. Hostetler is a poignant story. The book is a work of fiction, but it provides a perfect vision of an alternate world.
J.P. Hostetler is a brilliant storyteller. He has written several books. It's my first read of many books of him.
🛶
"Around Curiosity's Edge: Hidden Meridians" is a thought-provoking and intriguing story that revolves around Salem.
Salem's father
Nancy
Apr 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Hidden Meridians takes you on a magical sea journey to save a wild diversity of creatures. J.P. breathes fresh life into mythical creatures that have influenced people around the world for centuries. As several generations of individuals interact in various dynamics throughout the story, we discover their strengths, weaknesses and idiosyncrasies as they attempt to save the rich diversity of wildlife from the dark forces intent on pursuing their misguided concept of purity. A very suitable subjec ...more
Swechha Kc
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
With riveting storytelling that transports the reader to a fantasy land where the wildest mythology comes to life, ACE Hidden Meridians, is a beautiful saga of coming of age, friendship and adventure. It is easy to get invested in the rich storyline, woven with lore, and filled with an eclectic and eccentric ensemble of characters. The book delicately explores themes of home, loss and acceptance, and leaves the reader a fair bit wiser for having read it.

Eagerly waiting to see how this magical s
Angela Randall
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

It was a good book. I recommend the book to everyone who wants to read the book. Very good story
Greg Hoover
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy novels set in a creative world, and this is certainly one. J.P. Hostetler’s novel is an exciting vision of another world. A young man needs to overcome his self-doubt, challenge his personal insecurities, and rise to become a hero. Hostetler blends fantasy and reality to create a world where the fate of all existence hangs in the balance. If you like YA fantasy novels, you’ll enjoy Around Curiosity’s Edge: Hidden Meridians. Read it!
John V.
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating reading!

I highly recommend this book for anyone. This wonderful story can be approached at many levels. At the surface, it’s a story with fantasy creatures and good and evil…. Take it a bit further, and the layers begin to reveal themselves like the story itself, and you see the universal struggle of “power over” against compassion.

Brendan Walsh
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Received this from the author as an ARC, and I'm glad I did.

If you're looking for a fun, delightful, Neil Gaiman-esque adventure, then Hidden Meridians will more than satisfy you. As we join Salem Swan adjusting to life on his uncle Ulysses' ship, the Curiosity, we meet a colorful cast of characters, and are slowly introduced into a who's-who buffet of myths and story characters.

But Salem's journey isn't always peachy...

A secret, ancient organization called The Regulat is threatening everythin
Amy
Goodreads Librari...: Please add awards to this title 1 11 May 19, 2021 04:36PM

• Billy Tapper Zillionaire
  • A Savage Love: The Heart Always Wants What The Mind Knows It Shouldn't Have
  • His Majesty and the Prince of Lothian (A Tetralogy of Tales Book 2)
  • A Home for Urvashi: A Novel
  • Deceived
  • Her Soul
  • Let's Talk: Easy Tips to Become More Confident With People, Improve Your Conversations and Master Effective Communication
  • Tell Me Why, Jannie
  • DEAD PEOPLE’S TOWN
  • The Boss Man's Daughters: They Will Do Whatever To Make Daddy Proud
  • Wanted
  • Pastel Pink (Zadok Series, #1)
  • The Princess of Selgovae and the High King (A Tetralogy of Tales Book 1)
  • A Gangster's Revenge
  • The Mountain Town Series: Lesbian Spanking Romance (Book #1 & #2)
  • A Shadowed Fate (Lord Byron Mystery #2)
  • Blue Fog: Volume 1
  • Claire's Last Secret (Lord Byron Mystery #1)
J.P. Hostetler (Jake) is originally from Lancaster, PA in the United States.

An international career has allowed him to live in places like Germany, South Korea, and India - places that have directly impacted his work.

He writes about leaving the comfort zone and the vital importance of diversity and inclusion: of culture, of biology, and of thought.

Though nomadic by nature, these days Jake can p