Jump to ratings and reviews

About Time #1

One Time Only

A fiery, passionate MM romance novel from #1 New York Times Bestselling author Lauren Blakely…

Ever hear the story about the bodyguard who falls for the rock star?
Yeah, it never ends well.
Each day I remind myself that it's my job to protect Stone. And nowhere in the job description does it say I should lust after the charismatic, charming rock star.
But every night I spend with him the attraction grows more intense, electric, undeniable.
Until one night in a limo when we combust.
One time only will have to be enough.
Because the mistakes from the past are chasing me.
And If I give in again, I might lose everything.
Good thing I’m strong, determined, and dedicated to resisting him.
But after a close call at his concert, all bets are off.
And in his hotel room, we strike a brand new deal.
One that can’t end well for me, but I do it anyway. Because sometimes you grab hold of the desire. And other times, the desire takes hold of you.

350 pages, Paperback

First published November 18, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Lauren Blakely

217 books19.1k followers
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely.com/one-free-book/

Connect with Lauren here

➜ TWITTER: www.twitter.com/laurenblakely3

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
88 (3%)
1 star
38 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 470 reviews
Profile Image for Lauren Blakely.
Author 217 books19.1k followers
November 18, 2020
One Time Only is available everywhere! And this standalone MM forbidden romance is electric, passionate and a total page turner!
✦Amazon ➜ http://blkly.pub/OneTimeOnlyKindle
✦Apple➜ http://blkly.pub/OneTimeOnlyApple
✦Nook ➜ http://blkly.pub/OneTimeOnlyNook
✦Kobo ➜ http://blkly.pub/OneTimeOnlyKobo
✦Google ➜ http://blkly.pub/OneTimeOnlyGoogle
✦Audible ➜ ONE TIME ONLY is performed by Jacob Morgan and Teddy Hamilton! ➜ https://blkly.pub/AudibleOneTimeOnly

Profile Image for Carol [Goodreads Addict].
2,272 reviews24.7k followers
November 19, 2020
One Time Only is a brand new M/M rock star/body guard/taboo romance by Lauren Blakely. You don’t need to read it but there is a prequel to this, Maybe This Time, which tells how Jackson came to work for Stone. The very beginning of their story. I also want to say that Lauren Blakely writes amazing M/M romance! This is full of passion, steam, and sweet, romantic moments as well. These two made me swoon so much! Their love felt so real to me.

Excerpt Reveal - ONE TIME ONLY by Lauren Blakely - Beneath The Covers Blog

Jackson Pearce has been a body guard for five years. He loves his job. His latest job with the rock star, Stone Zenith, is a perfect gig. He gets to travel, and he truly likes Stone. They hit it off in every way, they talk, they laugh, but when their eyes meet, there’s something else there. Lust, longing, attraction, all of it. But a body guard falling for his client is the world’s worst transgression.

“Everything about this is wrong. But everything about this feels right."

guitar player

Stone Zenith has the world by the tail. He loves performing. But he can’t exist without a body guard. It needs to be the perfect fit since they spend so much time together. One look at Jackson and he just knew that he was the perfect man for the job. One look into his eyes and he also knew that there was something else there. An attraction that he couldn’t deny

“Once wasn’t enough. Once barely scratched the surface of my need for him.”

One kiss fueled their hunger for more. And their agreement for one night only, only whet their appetites for more. The chemistry between these two, the ease in which they got along, the connection they both felt even when they weren’t together was amazing.

“His kisses undo me. He kisses me like I’m the best thing his lips have ever touched.”

Stone is an equal opportunity player, he is attracted to either sex. But the attraction he feels with Jackson is something entirely new. Jackson has been in love before, but he is alone now with nothing but sadness and a huge financial debt to pay off. Jackson is a man of honor, a man who lives by a code. And sleeping with his boss is against every single rule there is. He needs this job. But he needs Stone even more.

“I want only him. Just him. Always him.”

This book! It pretty much blew my mind. I couldn’t help but to love these two with all my heart. I felt it every time their eyes met and held. The passion Lauren is able to convey with her words leaves me breathless. The love they both feel is nothing to take lightly. But can Jackson retain his honor but still grab on to happiness? I loved everything about this book and was so thrilled to hear that there will be another M/M romance in a few months. The next one will be Declan’s story, Scoring With Him. I can’t wait.

“You’re every song, every lyric, every word.”

For more about this book and so many others, come and visit me at Carol's Crazy Bookish World.

Shelved as 'dnf'
Audio 5 ++++ Stars
Story dnf @ 40%

I seriously tried because having Jacob Morgan and Teddy Hamilton narrate an M/M is a RARE treat I didn't want to pass up. Unfortunately, the story wasn't working for me...at all. 🤷🏽‍♀️ To me the plot was so nonsensical that it made the MCs seem like juveniles. I guess what I'm saying is that the story lacked depth.

I was so sure I would love this book. I reeeaaalllyyy wanted to adore this book but it is was it is. Like my dear friend Shile would say "embrace the dnf ". 😁

Profile Image for *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time.
1,921 reviews3,431 followers
November 25, 2020
I just don’t think this author is for me.

This one just lacked any depth and felt very immature.
The dialogue was often cheesy and eye roll inducing.
I honestly didn’t find the sex very hot either. Probably for the point above.
This book was too long for virtually nothing to have happened.
I did finish but eventually had to start skimming.

Profile Image for Dali.
1,745 reviews433 followers
November 28, 2020
One Time only is sizzling hot and touching read. With this book, I felt like my eReader was my own personal sexy toy.
“You are every song, every lyric, every damn word.”

Full disclosure, I tend to avoid MM romance for the same reason I tend to avoid erotic romance: too much focus on the sexy times and not enough on everything else like character and plot development. This is not the rule, just my not so stellar reading choices.

BUT there have also been books like this one where yes, without a doubt there is incendiary chemistry between the characters along with melt your eReader scenes, together with all of the elements in romance novels skillfully woven into the tapestry of a story that will hook you, transport you, change you. One Time Only hooked me, transported me, changed me because of love.
“Love is the most important rule of all – love, just love.”

I don’t know if I’ll be filling my eReader with MM romances in the future, but I do know that there are authors like Lauren Blakely who I can trust will provide a great read.

So quick recap of the book since I’ve taken much of your time with my confession.
Hero : Stone Zeniths. Sexy, magnetic rock star who first appeared in One Night Only. He’s a tree loving, life embracing man with a heart of gold who likes to play the field and has the hots for this stoic bodyguard.

Hero : Jackson Pearce lives by his code of honor, respect and honesty. He’s dedicated to his job not only because he needs the money to pay off a debt but because he’s a protector by nature.

��� Plot/Pace : Stone has stayed away because he mistakenly though Jackson was straight as an arrow. Jackson stayed away because in his line of work falling for his boss is a big no-no. But the two banter and needle each other relentlessly, and they open up until one night, it all because too much for either of them to ignore. They agree it should be a One Time Only thing because of the rules and risks, but their connection, longing and need for one another can only be limited by forever.
“His grin is so damn wicked. Dripping with sex indeed. His eyes flash with filthy intent, and I’m an electrical line, crackling, sparking. About to snap.”

Sexiness : It was fireworks and dynamite. It was without a doubt off the charts sexy. Even in the cold weather while I was reading their story I had to fan myself.

Feels : I laughed, and swooned and fanned myself. There were SO MANY quotes I highlighted and would LOVE to share. I just loved their love. It was contagious.

Facts: One Time Only is a standalone contemporary romance by Lauren Blakely. It is a MM romance, told from both points of view with a happy ending. Sub-Genres: Rocker Romance | Bodyguard Romance | Forbidden romance

* I was given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author via Candi Kane. The excerpts are from that copy. I am voluntarily reviewing this title. *

Amazon -> https://amzn.to/3krAtwX

Stalk me on FaceBook * Instagram * More reviews
Profile Image for ☆ cal ☆.
481 reviews86 followers
May 14, 2021
Oh my god I can’t believe I quoted this review with sex scenes instead of the hard-hitting moments lol.

———————————-

"My bodyguard is a superhero. That's the only explanation for what he's doing to my body.
And this is his superpower.
Magic fingers."

Decided to give this 5 stars because... honestly I don't know. Maybe because one of the characters is referenced as the look alike of Chris Hemsworth? Partially yes. My mind went haywire. I think the biggest reason why I highly enjoyed this is because after reading two books from Lauren Blakely, I already kinda knew what I'll be getting on this one. The plot is on the okay-ish side. It's light and cheesy. Full of banter and flirtations. Sexual tension and the sex were just magnificent.

"J," he says in a hungry whisper. "I need something."
I sink in deeper, grip tighter. "Anything," I say desperately. "Just tell me and I'll do it."
"Destroy me," he urges.

I'm so damn happy right now after reading this. I was smiling from ear to ear. My grin never really left my face. Overall, this book is just my needed break from all the crazy shit I've been reading. A bit cheesy and predictable but I'm still taking it. I don't highly recommend this to anyone. This book and its story is obviously on the hit or miss basis. I'm just glad it worked out for my favor.

"Did I ever tell you about the rock star who fell for his bodyguard?"
"Let me guess. Did the bodyguard fall hard for him too?"
"So damn hard."
340 reviews172 followers
September 3, 2020
Listen up people... if you've read and loved A Guy Walks Into My Bar, you're going to go ape $hit banana cakes over One Time Only! Stone and Jackson are magic on the page. Their journey is full of witty sarcasm, red-hot melt your panties sexy times, and friendship. Did I say magic on the page? Cuz yeah, MAGIC ON THE PAGE!!!

If you haven't ready A Guy yet, DO IT. Then read OTO when it comes out. You can thank me later. But I am not responsible for the melted panties, Lauren is. lol
Profile Image for ⭐️AMST⭐️.
127 reviews15 followers
November 20, 2020
~ 2.5 ~

Ugh! I wanted to love this one but just... didn’t.
Don’t get me wrong. There’s nothing bad about this story. Very readable and fluffy.
But, IMO there’s nothing special about it. I’m pretty sure tomorrow I won’t remember most things from the book.
Those were the same feelings I had about the last MM book by this author, so maybe the style isn’t for me.
Profile Image for JESSI.
843 reviews97 followers
June 3, 2021
Teddy Hamilton & Jacob Morgan slayed this audiobook as Jackson & Stone!! For the longest time no one could compete with Joe Arden & Shane East, but they have some serious competition now. One Time Only had everything from witty banter to seriously steamy moments and a lot more love than I was expecting. Add in a flawless audio and this book was just everything happy & swoony!!

Stone was everything perfect in a rock star yes, he was a playboy, but he also had a heart of gold. Not to mention huge shoutout to Lauren Blakely for writing a rock star that didn't have a huge drinking and drug problem, I get the stereotype but damn it is a bit overplayed. Stone went above and beyond for the people he loved or cared about and that included Jackson. Being attracted to your bodyguard might not seem like that big of deal but when you come from two totally different worlds there are bound to be some bumps along the road.

Jackson was everything beautiful and brooding. He had been through a rough few years and having your first real attraction since your life imploded and to your BOSS comes with its own set of problems. This was never supposed to happen, but Stone is so much more than what people see on the outside and spending 8 or more hours a day with him is leaving Jackson more confused than he has ever been.

It was only supposed to be One Time Only but as Jackson and Stone's attraction grows stronger so does their chemistry and before either man realizes there is much more involved in this relationship than either one of them expected. How can this work when Jackson is breaking every rule he believes in, and Stone is so much more than he ever expected? Stone knows logically that there is no way for this to work but logic has nothing to do with it when your heart is involved.

There was so much I just loved about this book!! This is my second Lauren Blakely book that I have listened to, and both have been incredible. A Guy Walks into My Bar was the first and it gave me all the feels but this one was much more on the lighthearted side which was seriously delicious. Teddy & Jacob gave their all for Jackson & Stone and I was so sad for their story to end but I will be looking into more audios that they have done together for sure.
Profile Image for Kate V.
1,048 reviews79 followers
December 1, 2020
Meh.

Stone is a rock star. Jackson is his bodyguard. They're attracted to each other. But of course they can't go there because boss/employee. So what happens? You guessed it...they go there. Feelings are caught and well you can probably guess the ending.

This wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. It lacked some depth and was pretty long for there to be no plot essentially. I'm not kidding...nothing actually happened. Stone's inner dialogue was immature, shallow, and mildly annoying. Jackson was too mushy for apparently being dominant. Taking these things into account made for sex scenes that I skimmed over (I almost never do that). However, there were some cute parts that I did find myself saying 'aww.'

I love MM but I'm also really picky when it comes to MM. Is this in my top 10 I've read? Absolutely not. But correct me if I'm wrong, I believe writing MM is fairly new to this author so that being said, I think it's a great start.
Profile Image for Cadiva.
3,225 reviews291 followers
December 8, 2022
Enjoyed this rock star/bodyguard romance

I've been working my way through Lauren's MM backlist and mostly enjoying the trip.

This book was shaping up to be another 5* read but then it did two things that niggle me.

Firstly, the irritating 75%/Third Act break up, which is so annoying and formulaic.
Thankfully, it didn't last long and was resolved by a grown up conversation between Jackson and his best friends and then a healthy and honest dialogue with Stone.

The second thing is a personal bugbear, the use of the word "clean" to indicate someone's sexual status.
The reason I dislike it is because its opposite is dirty and that brings all kinds of unpleasant connotations.

It's a minor point but using negative seems to be a simpler solution.

That aside, the rest of this narrative is lovely as both men slide into an easy working relationship which rapidly turns jnto friendship, lust, attraction and to love.
Profile Image for Kim.
2,430 reviews149 followers
November 17, 2020
OH, HOLY SHIP! It's rockstar, Stone Zenith, and his big, burly, hot bodyguard, Jackson Pearce! Oh. Hell. Yes!

I have loved Stone since we met him in One Night Only. He is a vibrant, charming, cocky rockstar, but he has a good heart and really pays attention to people. He is a bit impulsive and lives for music and sex...and he is an equal opportunity lover. He has been denying he has the hots for his stoic and straight bodyguard and just living his best life.

But then one night leads to some revelations. The plot thickens...maybe Jackson is not what Stone thought at all...

Jackson is intense, focused, and thrives on control. He needs his job and he does it well. His eyes are on Stone all the time...and that means he notices his tight a** and sexy grin...and his sexual exploits. He tries to stay guarded and detached and avoids unnecessary risks. But he has a wicked sense of humor and is having a hard time hiding his attraction to his boss.

Jackson likes to needle Stone for fun. Stone loves to get a reaction out of Jackson. Even once Stone knows the truth, he tries to resist the attraction. And Jackson knows anything between them would be a bad idea. Not only due to his employment status, but he is emotionally unavailable and does not usually do casual. And Stone has been all about hookups and nothing serious.

But sometimes the lure of just one time can be an easy way to justify acting on urges that should be buried. But is one time ever really enough? Can they up the ante and still have things return back to normal?

These two are so freakin' H-O-T! The resistance. The sexual tension. The pure lust. The aching need. The sheer combustion and unavoidable collisions. The forbidden element. The connection that they cannot deny. The rules. The risks. The possible rewards.

It is a tangled mess of sheets and of their professional and personal lives. And I loved every second of it!

This is an intense, passionate, humorous, heartfelt, and swoony opposites-attract, bodyguard-rockstar M/M romance. I loved getting both Stone and Jackson's points of view. I adored both of them and thought their personalities were unique and equally likable. I enjoyed seeing them challenge and push each other, and begin to crack each other's defenses. They are not afraid to get vulnerable and really communicate, and Stone appreciates that Jackson treats him like a man and not a celebrity. They try so hard to deny what is really happening between them so they can avoid thinking about the consequences. But despite the good stuff between them, there are some big obstacles.

I laughed, I swooned, I fanned myself. I was all in with these guys! My heart hurt at times but overflowed with happiness at others. This is all I wanted for them!

This can be read as a standalone and even though we did meet Stone and Jackson in the prequel novella, One Night Only, she provides enough info to catch up without missing a beat. Fans will enjoy that some other characters make cameos, but the author has written this story so that it can be enjoyed on its own merit without having to read any other books.

I have always loved this author's heroes in her books, but when she writes TWO dynamic and lovable ones, her stories are just that much better! Both of these guys are sarcastic, fun, deep, loving, and sexy as sin. I love them both equally and refuse to pick a favorite! This book is off the charts in the categories of heat, sweetness, with, and swoon!

I did enjoy their relationships with their younger siblings as well. I wonder if we might see them pop up again in future stories. Personally, I am loving this author's M/M books so much that I hope she brings us more of them in the future.
description
Follow Me: Blog: Reviews by Tammy & Kim (Rachel and Jay) | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Profile Image for NMmomof4.
1,482 reviews3,486 followers
Shelved as 'tried-sample-but-no'
December 4, 2021
Meh 🤷🏻‍♀️
Profile Image for haletostilinski.
1,144 reviews333 followers
November 22, 2020
4.5 stars!

I think I ultimately actually enjoyed this one more than A Guy Walks In..., because while we eventually got some fluff between these two, it didn't feel over the top like that one, and the ending didn't drag out too much.

I took .5 stars off and rounded down instead of up because it took a bit for me to get into these two together. I wasn't quite feeling the chemistry and connection between these two, but I did eventually, and I came to enjoy these two quite a lot. I just think the beginnings of their relationship could have been handled better, written better. Also I wish the bodyguard aspect had been played up more. But Jackson barely did any actual bodyguard-ing in this - and by that I mean actually preventing someone from harming Stone - except for like one instance.

But overall, this was an enjoyable read and went a little better, in my opinion, than the first book I read by this author.

Stone Zenith (what a name lol) is a bonafide rockstar, with multiple grammys, and as such, he needs full detail of bodyguards, especially while he's touring.

Jackson is one such bodyguard, who has been working for him for 4 or so months before anything happens between them. Because Jackson always tries to be as professional as possible and Stone thinks he's straight, although they still build a rapport between them and build a connection that they try to deny, but can't.

When they kiss one night, Jackson says it can't happen again and they try to leave it be, but they can't for long. But they agree to just one time only, as Jackson thinks it will help get it out of their systems and they can go back to being just bodyguard and client. Jackson is very much of the opinion that he can't sleep with his boss, it's against the rules, and also he needs his job to pay off a debt from when his partner, who died, bought something before he died that still needs to be payed off.

But Jackson ultimately can't resist Stone, so he comes up with the One Time Only deal. Except, they have their one time....and it's not enough.

Then they agree to one week while Stone is in Las Vegas doing shows before his touring ends for a number of months, but they obviously can't keep their feelings in check for long.

As this went on, I felt their connection more and more. I really enjoyed them. This did have an extra epilogue, kinda like A Guy Walks In, which makes me think this is kinda the author's style, but in this there was no focus on an extra couple out of nowhere, and it wasn't like one epilogue after another after another, so it didn't drag too much, and only felt a little overstayed in it's welcome - the extra epilogue, I mean.

So overall I enjoyed this and I recommend it. I enjoy this author, and hopefully she does more MM in the future and finds her MM legs, as it were (these could be improved upon, is all I'm saying.)

So two thumbs up from me! Onto the next :)
Profile Image for Kath.
271 reviews7 followers
November 26, 2020
Cheesy and annoying! This took forever to read and the epilogues just kept going and going!
Profile Image for Pam Nelson.
3,072 reviews96 followers
Holy Hot!
I love a relationship SHIP, this book really gives us all we want in a romance and so much more. We get these awesome wonderful characters who try to stay away but attraction is named that for a reason. Two people who are attracted can’t stay away. Their One Night Only rule went bye bye after they got their hands on each other.

Not only is this book hot but it has those awe moments that I can’t get enough of but also some of the funny times you can’t help but become endeared to.

The fact that Stone’s fans were rooting for him and Stone before they were an us was fantastic.
I love the way Lauren writes her MM romances she never makes it a big deal that it is two men it’s never even a second thought. I wish this on all MM book and writes if we write it then maybe it will become true. Let love be love.
I loved the ending and the ENDING. Not only do we get a bit more but we also get a great interview I for one can’t wait to see more MM romance from Lauren.

These narrators blew me away. I already loved both of them and I was surprised who was doing who for characters. I always say Teddy and more a Stone but no he was totally Jacks throw and threw. Fantastic both of them.
Profile Image for fleurette.
1,304 reviews107 followers
May 12, 2022
This is a very simple story. I read it as a beach read and as such the story was perfect. But I am not convinced that it would work as well in other circumstances.

Jackson and Stone are drawn to each other from the beginning. We know it and we are waiting for them to do something about it. Considering what the author decided to put in the prologue, I am surprised that it takes them so long. I would have expected the story to move forward much faster.

But as I said, this is a simple romance story between the rock star and his bodyguard. I'm not entirely sure the reason why they can't be together really works. I am not sure if it is fully convincing for me. But the author did a really good job to convince us that it all matters. So it's not bad overall.

I was surely surprised by the amount of sex scenes. And the passion of Jackson and Stone's relationship in general. Sometimes it was more like erotic romance. But I'm not going to complain, as beach read it worked quite well. And these scenes were varied enough not to be boring.

My guess is that in this story there are quite a few characters from other books by this author. I'm not sure if I read her other books, so I didn't expect to recognize anyone. But I liked many of these characters and maybe I will read some of the other books just for one of the characters I met here.

Overall it was pretty fun. We will see if I will remember these characters for longer or it will be another story about a bodyguard and the star he protects. But I also admit that I've been craving a rock star story for a while now. And this book has served its purpose.
Profile Image for Bookish Lauren.
Author 1 book174 followers
November 15, 2020
I'm loving Blakely’s M/M content! It's a new venture for her and is absolutely fantastic.

Stone and Jackson are a hot rocker/bodyguard duet. In the world of romance novels, everyone knows that "getting someone out of your system" turns from fling to forever. One time turns into all the time.

And the supporting characters were fantastic. From Stone's brother to Jackson's family and fellow bodyguards. The people on the sidelines can help make or break a story. With Blakely, they make it every time.

5 stars, highly recommended
Profile Image for Keri Loves Books.
1,237 reviews176 followers
November 11, 2020
This MM romance is sizzling hottt! The rockstar is about to get swept off his feet by the gorgeous man who was hired to protect him.

Stone is a rockstar and his bodyguard is becoming a problem. The attraction between them continues to grow and soon it will consume them both if they let it. Jackson needs this job. So crossing that line is an internal struggle for him. He'll need to decide whether it's worth breaking his own rules to have Stone just one time only.

Stone is fun and carefree. He lives the rocker lifestyle. He embraces life and loves both men and women. He's a really great guy with a big, soft heart.

Jackson is serious about life, his job, and everything else that matters to him. He is Stone's complete opposite. His baggage from a past relationship weighs him down and has left him struggling to free himself of that weight. His job is something he loves, but he has rules. He never gets involved with his clients. However, Stone has been testing his resolve since they met. This stoic man has met his match.

The mutual attraction becomes clear and pushing each other's boundaries is going to bring them both immense pleasure. Once they cross the line between boss and employee, they decide it can only happen one time. One time only will never be enough for either of them.

This is a sexy MM romance with lots of heat. Stone and Jackson share some sweet moments as their relationship transitions from one night to a lifetime. I enjoyed these characters and their path. Their love and attraction was beautiful and their connection was intense. And the epilogue brought it all full circle. Enjoy!
Profile Image for Mari  Cardenas.
2,009 reviews23 followers
November 20, 2020
3.5 Stars

Okay, so here's the thing—and I've said this before, so bear with me—I'm one of those strange creatures that prefer plot to sex in books. As in, if there's an engaging plot, I don't need the sex scenes at all. However, if there's sex in the book I'm reading, I expect some balance with the story, especially in one as long as this one. It's all about finding a balance, otherwise, I'll end up skimming through most of the sex scenes no matter how hot, or how well written, they are.

I liked Stone and Jackson, and I liked them together. It's undeniable they were super hot as a couple, but they also felt younger than they were. I'd go as far as to say they came across as immature in some scenes. Which, let's face it, comes with the territory of being a rockstar and getting everything he wants. Honestly, I think the plot, or lack thereof, didn't do him or Jackson any favors.

Despite this, the book was enjoyable for the most part, perhaps not exactly what I was expecting, with it being my first Lauren Blakely book, but still entertaining enough to keep my interest until the end (even if I did skim through a lot of the sex scenes). This could very well be just me. You could read it, and find that you love it. So I would suggest giving it a try, and seeing how you feel about it.

* Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. *
Profile Image for Favey List.
526 reviews8 followers
November 16, 2020
I love getting lost in Lauren Blakely's world!  After a glimpse of Stone and Jackson in One Exquisite Touch I have been looking forward to the rest of their story.  One Night Only delivers this and so much more!  It's the very best of a forbidden bodyguard romance mixed in with friends to lovers and topped off with seriously HAWT AF sexy times and next-level dirty talking with all the feels.  When they come together it is absolutely electric!  The fun-loving rock star with a heart of gold and the stoic, sexy-as-hell bodyguard are revealed layer by layer and I was all in for the beautiful friendship, excellent banter, and undeniable attraction! I listened nearly straight through and have repeated it again.

Jacob Morgan and Teddy Hamilton deliver excellent performances once again!  They are so good together!  They perfectly embody the personalities of these characters with their friendly flirtatious banter and undeniable passion for each other.  Stick around for the epilogues and the interview at the end with Stella Hunter. They are the perfect way to finish off this great story!!

I received an ALC of this audiobook in exchange for my honest review, and enjoyed every moment!
Profile Image for Milla .
628 reviews307 followers
Read
January 31, 2021
Classic case of telling not showing. No real chemistry or fully developed characters. Just lots of “I wanna fuck this guy but nooo I have to restrain myself” over and over again which only felt like fodder between sex scenes. Meh!
Profile Image for Bookstagrambrielle  (Brie).
225 reviews13 followers
November 10, 2020
I absolutely loved this book! 5 hot, steamy stars! Absolutely recommend this book.

Stone is a world famous rockstar who loves to play the field with both women and men. He's never been in a committed relationship or been in love. He's charming, magnetic, sexy and has a heart of gold. Everyone likes him and not just because he's famous, but a genuinely kind person.

Jackson is a bodyguard who gets hired by Stone's team. He is 6'4" of hard muscle and takes his job seriously. He's so good at keeping a stoic face that Stone isn't sure for several months if Jackson is straight or gay. Stone has no idea just how much Jackson is attracted to him and vice versa.

It was such an intense build up. So much longing and angst, and when they finally admit that they want each other, they agree to one night only. Only we know how that always goes!
Profile Image for Rachel.
1,415 reviews24 followers
November 16, 2020
4.5+ stars

Stone and Jackson finally get their story! I have to say, I have been waiting for this book since we met Stone in One Night Only and saw the hidden chemistry crackling between them. Lauren Blakely may be new to the M/M world, but she can write some dang hot men!

Stone Zenith is a rock star with a reputation for fun. He has never hidden his physical desires, and is openly bi, preferring to keep his options open to his mood. He has built a solid friendship with his bodyguard, trying to keep his attraction to the man to himself, since he isn’t sure Jackson would appreciate the attention.

Jackson Pearce has been guarding Stone for some time now, and knows his moods better than anyone. Jackson knows that Stone isn’t picky about the gender of his partners, though as time has progressed and their friendship developed, it has gotten harder and harder to know what is going on behind the closed doors. But he has a code that is important to him, and he wouldn’t cross the line between bodyguard and lover with a client.

The temptation to cave and test out the chemistry between them becomes too much and they decide to forget boundaries just one time. But one time is hard to stick to when that one time is oh so good.

This was a steamy quick read. As I have come to expect with Blakely’s writing, there is so much heat and heart in this story. I found myself grinning at their banter, and also holding my breath wondering how Jackson and Stone could reconcile their attraction with the code Jackson believed in with his work. The inspiration Jackson provided to Stone’s music made me giddy and I loved the way their entire story played out.

description
Profile Image for Caz.
2,619 reviews994 followers
January 14, 2021
I've given this an A for narration, and a C- for the story (which was DIRE) at AudioGals. I'm leaving it at 3 stars.

Teddy Hamilton and Jacob Morgan have only recorded a handful of books together, but thanks to their performances in the much-loved&nbsp Him/Us/Epic from Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy, they’ve become something of m/m narrating royalty. I listen to Mr. Hamilton fairly frequently, and he’s a firm favourite here at AG – although I have to confess that I’ve hardly listened to Mr. Morgan at all; not because I don’t like his voice or his work, but because he doesn’t record often – if at all – in the genres I tend to enjoy.

So I was really excited to learn the pair was teaming up again for Lauren Blakely’s latest m/m story One Time Only, a romance between hot, openly bisexual rock star Stone Zenith (yes, really) and his equally hot, ex-marine bodyguard, Jackson Pearce – and they are both, of course wonderful.

The story? Not so much.

In fact, the most notable thing about the story in One Time Only is its absence.

You can read the rest of this review at AudioGals .
Displaying 1 - 30 of 470 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.