Start by marking “Dark (Dangerous Web, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark (Dangerous Web, #2)

Dark

(Dangerous Web #2)

“Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” ~ Madeline L’Engle

Darkness has fallen upon the Sparrow world.
What seemed secure was breached, and what was assumed unattainable is possible.
In this dangerous underground world, we Sparrows took our power by force. As dusk gave way to dark, we Sparrows are once again determined to use any means nec
ebook
Published January 5th 2021 by Romig Works

To ask other readers questions about Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark

Start your review of Dark (Dangerous Web, #2)
 ✘Paulette & Her  Sexy Alphas ❤️
Title: ➳ ❤- Dark
Series ➳ Dangerous Web Series 2#
Author: ➳ Aleatha Romig
Publication:, January 5, 2021
💖💖💖 💖 💖

ღ Wow, I'm not even sure where to begin with this book. It was so freaking good & it started out that way, but then it just kept getting better and better and better. By the end of the book I was completely floored

Let’s just say that, this installment was full of more twists & turns, more of Lorna’s emotional & heartbreaking past

plot thickens with t
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
The aftermath of being held hostage!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: ❤️💙💜💛
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📕📗📘
World building: 🌎🌏🌍🌎
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤

The setting: Chicago

The Hero(s): Reid Murray - Works for Sparrow. Sterling Sparrow is the kingpin of the Chicago underground as well as the head of Sparrow Enterprises. Reid is the Technology specialist of the group and is married to Lorna who was kidnapped an beaten.

The heroine: Lorna Murray - Lorna was married to Reid and sister to
Maggie
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Twisty and mystifying, Dark, the second book in the Dangerous Web series, continued on with Reid and Lorna’s story. The unexpected twists and turns kept me on the edge of the seat the whole time. My heart ached for the Lorna and my heart broke when she bared the horrific experience that she had buried for so long without ever mentioning it to anyone. Reid was supportive and I loved him for that. More secrets surfaced as the story went on and the shocking cliff hanger left me wanting more. I cann

Ilona
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Dark. It's exciting, emotional, and filled with must turn pages to follow Reid and Lorna's journey. Aleatha brought her words to life in the way she told their story.

Dark is the second of the Dangerous Web series and it doesn't disappoint. I laughed, cried, and bonded with Lorna and Reid. Lorna is the magnet that brings their family together keeps made the Sparrow tower a home. I love Lorna and Reid.

They have been a staple throughout all the Sparrow Webs but we never saw the depth of th
Melanie Cesa
Dec 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart! Holy smokes this story is intense!

We learn so much more of Lorna and Mason’s past in this story, and oh man, it is deep and heart wrenching. This story is extremely emotional. My heart cried for Lorna and when Mason found out more about their childhood, I cried for him and his feelings of helplessness and protectiveness.

Reid is incredibly amazing. So compassionate and everything Lorna needs to cope with everything.

Everything is unfolding, the tension is palpable, and crap is about to
Dora Koutsoukou
4 🖤💔❤️❤️🌟🌟🌟🌟s❗️❗️❗️❣️

The second book of the trilogy was intense and emotional, full of avenge, justice, abuse, betrayal, secrets and lies.
And love❣️❣️❣️

The mission of the four Sparrow ‘brothers’ was to find out the people who kidnapped Aranae and Lorna.

Although both wives had returned home, Lorna was trying to heal and recover with the help of her amazing husband, Reid. The depth of his love for her was beautiful and he would do anything to protect her.

Lorna was having flashbacks, not only fr
Lilith  Seven  *DirtyBooksAndMessyHair*
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK: DARK.

GENRE: CONTEMPORARY MAFIA ROMANCE.
AUTHOR; ALEATHA ROMIG.
TYPE: BOOK #2 OF THE DANGEROUS WEB SERIES.
POV: FIRST PERSON: DUAL PERSPECTIVE.
MY RATING: 4 " LIGHT AT THE END OF A DARK TUNNEL" STARS.

Aleatha Romig did it again!!!
Another installation in this suspenseful, hot, and delicious series that I wanted to Devore from the start. This is the unique love story of Lorna and Reid Murray, a Spin-off couple from the Sparrows.

This book right off where book 1 Dusk...after
Christine B
Nobody does it like Aleatha Romig, as the top Sparrow's men race to find out who has infiltrate and broken through an "unbreakable " breach in their system and take the women that keep them from the dark, even the King of Chicago has been brought to his knees Sterling Sparrow. I love how Sterling, Mason, Patrick & Reid work when under pressure.

Reid Murray tries to stay by his wife Lorna side to make her feel safe. The only way she can actual fall asleep after the kidnapping is in her husband arm
Nadine Bookaholic
My heart completely broke with this book, it's a good thing Aleatha Romig knows how to put it together again.

What happens when you're held captive but you don't remember anything once your safely home again? Do you just go on like it didn't happen, or do you try to get answers no matter what they may reveal?

This review is a little hard for me to do because I don't want to give anything away but I wish I had been warned before going in that there was something that would not sit right with me, a
Myla
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing

"𝗜'𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘇𝘆. 𝗠𝘆 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹."

Dark is as gripping as Dusk from the opening to the end I was hooked! It was such an emotional read. The things Lorna went through while growing up keeps coming back to her. No matter how she tries to forget them and reading them for me was a challenge. However, it's a pivotal scene that will define Lorna as a woman of substance. The kind of woman whom Reid fell in love with and will always be at her side during these trying times. The plot thickens
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “The Plot Thickens” Stars

Aleatha Romig keeps riddling me with anxiety but I loved every second of Dark!! This second book in the Dangerous Web trilogy was deep in dark emotion and of course the ending was an explosive cliff hanger. There was so much more to learn about Lorna in this book. The mystery of the present and the slow unveiling of the past makes for an intense and delicate time for Lorna and Reid. My heart broke at times but I was also proud to see her be strong and resilient.

This b
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark is the second book in the Dangerous Web series and the second book of Reid and Lorna’s story. This one picks up right where things left off in Dusk, so you must read that first before continuing with Dark.

This one was full of more twists and turns, more of Lorna’s emotional and heartbreaking past. Which her past can be a trigger for some as it features some sensitive subject matter. It completely broke my heart and the fact that she never mentioned it to a soul and has been hiding that for
Cynema
IT’S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN

“… giving in to the dark. I’m telling you it’s a shitty place. Once you give in, its fucking hard to come back.”

This tense mystery is just a percolating time bomb ready to explode. It coils tighter and tighter like a predator snake ready to spring at any moment. All while the Sparrows plot to unleash their wrath against an enemy that dared kidnap and harm Araneae and Lorna in a mistake that left the real target unscathed, and the Sparrow organization reeling fr
Avid Reader
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark (Dangerous Web #2) by Aleatha Romig
5 stars
M/F Mystery, Romance
Triggers: Child abuse, Rape, Incest, Murder, cliff hanger
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This book continues where book 1 leaves off. For sure you'll want to read the first book. Reid and Lorna are struggling to figure out the mystery behind who took Lorna and where her memories have gone.

Lorna knows that some things are better left alone, but with her amnesia haunting her, flashes coming back and her
Karen
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh Lorna. You sweet, sweet, wonderful woman.

I’ve admired Lorna fiercely through this series. She’s the glue that holds the Sparrow men together. After the trauma of Dusk, she’s home, back in the tower with the delicious Reid to help her recover.

Recovery is hard though and lovely Lorna has to through some tough memories. They were tough on her and very tough to read. Sparrows avenge.

There’s still so much to uncover and I really have no clue how the series will end. The initial conclusions I ha
Sandy S
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars---DARK is the second instalment in Aleatha Romig’s contemporary, adult DANGEROUS WEB erotic, romantic suspense trilogy set in the author’s Sparrow Webs world. This is Reid Murray and Lorna Pierce-Murray’s continuing story. DARK should not be read as a stand alone as it picks up immediately after the events and cliffhanger of book one DUSK. I recommend reading the other series in the Sparrow Webs World for back story and cohesion, as the current story line premise references things that ...more
Diana
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dark Darker ALEATHA'D

*arc received for an honest review*

I've been Aleatha'd AGAIN!!! What a twisted book! It lives up to the title. This series is everything, and I'm once again in the mood to check out all the books in this universe. Aleatha's writing is intriguing and addictive. She always gets me!
Molly
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even with this book. The ending has me scared for what is next but also, I can’t wait to see what happens next. I’m telling you, if you haven’t been Aleatha’d yet you need to get one of her books and read it. Any one. It doesn’t really matter where you start because once you do you will read everything. I bow down to the queen and await my turn to read the final book of this series. I just know that no matter what happens, I will not be prepared but I will love it.
Carissa
Be prepared for this one. It might seem long on what Lorna discovers what she went through as a child. Scenes will feel cringe worthy, and will have some triggers. I just loved Mason and Reid at the end though. Cliffy will be sure to bet you'll stick around for the last installment.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Sarah  - Kindle and Koffee Book Blog
Absolutely brilliant... I really can’t get enough of these characters. The story is gripping and twisted. I have no idea where this story is going and who is responsible for all the events that have happened so far.

What truly comes through is how much each of these men put their woman first. Everything they do is for them. They continually strive to keep them safe and will avenge anyone that threatens them. The powerful relationship between Reid and Lorna is encompassing, is love to have a man l
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 3.5 Steam Fans

It is hard to talk about this book without giving spoilers to make this brief. We really deep-dived into Lorna's history and childhood, which was very hard to read about. Content warnings for child sexual abuse (in detail), PTSD, survivor's guilt, and other dark, twisted themes.

Overall, my head is still spinning, and I cannot wait to find out how everything ends.

Video review available in Week 53: Dec 27 – Jan 2, 2021, weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews,
PP's Bookshelf
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark by Aleatha Romig was a twisted web of drama, action, passion and love. This story was such a beautifully layered romantic supense experience. Reid and Lorna was everything.

Lorna has been rescued in bruised, battered and abused condition after the kidnapping. Her mind is fractured. The trauma and the drug has muddied her memory and the past is rearing its ugly head to torture her more. Reid cannot let it happen. As his friends fight to find out who is challenging the Sparrows, he has one who
Mary Mooney
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in Lorna and Reid's story and it picks up where book one left off. As Lorna navigates her mind's eye and tries to remember the past few weeks, she is having flashes from the past she has forgotten. Some she wanted to forget others she made herself forget. And you wonder why, anyone who went through what she has and came out the other side as a strong, independent woman deserves a future with Reid.
Reid is trying to be strong for his wife but he doesn't know how to help her. He w
CK
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the BEST type of romantic suspense! The plot thickens but so does the intensity of this phenomenal story! Just when you think you know - flashbacks to the past rounds it out. And omg the love of Lorna and Reid is perfect! I can’t wait til the last book!
Juli Hall
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More secrets are revealed and we learn more of Lorna’s horrible past. With what she dealt with I’m surprised she turned out as strong as she is. Reid and Mason find someone from her past and go after him, leading to another doozy of a cliffhanger. Can’t wait to read Dawn.
The Book Lover
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was so captivating and amazing, I read it in one sitting!
Pam
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, arc
This was difficult to read at times, but Aleatha did an amazing job. So many twists and turns. I can not wait to see how Reid and Lorna’s story concludes.
AJ's book-reMarks
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark is the second book in the Dangerous Web trilogy. This title is appropriate for what's written upon the pages. Aleatha does not disappoint in telling this tale, it's dark, dirty, and dastardly. It will keep you on the edge of your seat, can't wait for the finale! ...more
Erin Lewis
5 Star Review of Dark (Dangerous Web #2) by Aleatha Romig

Dark is the second book in the latest series Dangerous Web from Aleatha Romig and as the name implies it is darker, more twisted and absolutely captivating, it is the continuation of Reid Murray and Lorna Pierce's story

Reid is struggling with the guilt he feels at being unable to protect Lorna as she continues to struggle with her loss of memory and her recent trauma. I really liked both Reid and Lorna, both separately and especially toge
Kelly_Reads_Books
Shelves: loved-it
Reid and Lorna's story continues in Dark and it is dark and explosive. The Sparrow stories are always gripping and breath grasping to the last word.
Lorna is still reeling from her kidnapping and trying to come to terms with her absent memory. The Sparrow men and women circle her with support and love, trying to make her feel like she will be lifted up and taken care of when the memories soar back to her.
But that ending, I can't fathom a world without him.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Stay for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #4 )
  • The Office Party (Holiday Homecoming, #1)
  • No Commitment (Capital Kingsmen #1)
  • One More Step
  • My Beautiful Sin (Saints and Sinners, #2)
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Duke I'd Like to F...
  • Forever Lies (The Five Families, #1)
  • Impossible Odds (The Five Families, #4)
  • Defiant Heir (The Heirs #3)
  • Defenseman No. 9 (Hockey Gods #4)
  • Doozer (Burning Saints MC, #5)
  • The Hero I Need
  • Mall I Want for Christmas is You
  • Scarlett Thief (Criminal Underground #2)
  • Headhunter (With Me In Seattle Mafia, #2)
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana, USA. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist ...more

Dangerous Web (3 books)
  • Dusk (Dangerous Web, #1)
  • Dawn (Dangerous Web, #3)