Start by marking “The Age of the Machine (vol.1)” as Want to Read:
The Age of the Machine (vol.1)

The Age of the Machine (vol.1)

At last, the Age of the Machine Era has arrived! And with it comes the Machine War. Infantry Regiment—and Living Automaton—Jarrott Watford, leads the charge and builds an army of hybrid soldiers to fight after commandeering a whole fleet of airships. He and the other machine people then flee to Europe to continue to grow their forces. Joaquin Landcross, son of famous ex-th ...more
Published September 5th 2020 by Independent

To ask other readers questions about The Age of the Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Age of the Machine

Start your review of The Age of the Machine (vol.1)
Todd Simpson
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant, I loved it. This is such a clever and interesting story. Full of great characters, and a plot that I really enjoyed. I was already a fan of Michelle Lowe’s from her Legacy series, and this book I feel went to a whole different level of imagination and entertainment. Her description of the machine people is amazing, I could picture all sorts of weird and wonderful Automatons.
The world had become quite a different place and it was quite evident in America with the Civil War, when men d
Jim Razinha
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.” Steampunks Cylons! And the next generation of Landcrosses! My thanks to Ms. Lowe for sending me a pre-publication copy of her latest novel, the first of a new series.

Airships, Living Automatons, battles, a dangerous mission, intrigue, twists, steampunk, all woven together into a briskly paced, tightly knit arc. Joaquin Landcross enlists in the British army to help fight the machine men wh
William Bitner Jr.
The Age of the Machine, Volume 1
By Michelle E. Lowe

Genre - Fiction/Steampunk Fantasy/Adventure
Format - Print (Paperback)
Publication Information - Independently Published, September 4, 2020, ISBN-13:979-8648215733
Pages - 358
Rating - 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Reviewed by - William C. Bitner, Jr. https://booksinmylibraryblog.wordpres...

With a need to escape and travel without leaving the comfort of my sofa, I found the perfect remedy in one of Michelle E. Lowe’s steampunk fantasy escapades. Her new series “The Age of t
Melissa
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Age of the Machine continues the Pierce Landcross saga of the Legacy series. We now get to know his children!
This specifically is where brothers Joaquin and Kolt get to shine. Kolt had already enlisted in the army as a pilot. Now Joaquin is ready to join him to fight in the War of the Machines! It is a bittersweet discussion between Pierce, Kaisia, and Joaquin about him leaving. Especially given what Pierce knows. There was surprising laid back island wisdom from Sky, the youngest Landcross
Jeff
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. I admit I'm a fan of the author so take the review how ever you want.

The main characters are the children of the Legacy series which make them feel very familiar. The book has great flow and pacing. Once the action starts it is nonstop until the last few chapters where it slows down to tie up the story and set the scene for the follow up. There were a few spots that find of lost me, I'll mark it up to ADD on my part or possibly because it w
Glen
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A Steampunk Civil War novel complete with cyborgs and air ships. A cyborg Confederate battles against the Union in an effort he knows is a losing one.

Not bad, asks some questions.
Madelon
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE AGE OF THE MACHINE is a nuanced cautionary tale that works on multiple levels. The most obvious of these is 'just because you can, should you?' It is also pretty clear that the human divide of us versus them are under scrutiny. It is an ethical study cloaked in the essence of steampunk.

Although not absolutely necessary to your enjoyment of THE AGE OF THE MACHINE, I would highly recommend that you read the Legacy series which provides a background for some of the main characters in this book.
Robyn Little
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
would make a very interesting B Movie. very action-packed with an interesting setting. A bit too crowded for a first book though, many times I had no idea who a character was supposed to be or what was going on. would make a good library read.
Jane Smith
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The start of an exciting new series by a great steampunk writer who takes us into the terrifying possibility that machine people could take over the world.
Ruth

• Winnie the Pooh Collection
  • The Smartest Giant in Town
  • The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Fantasy
  • The King of Capri
  • The Order (Gabriel Allon, #20)
  • Rage
  • The Carpet People
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Art of the Fellowship of the Ring
  • Further Tales of the City (Tales of the City, #3)
I'm a Georgia-born native who has spent most of my life near the Atlanta area before pulling up stakes and moving clear across the country with my husband, Ben.

My writings include many published novels, The Warning, Cherished Thief, Children’s books, Poe’s Haunted House Tour, and The Hex Hunt. One in which, Atlantic Pyramid, earned a spot on the Best Books of 2014 list.
Six-part steampunk/fantas