Jump to ratings and reviews

Snow In Love

Kindle Edition

Published October 14, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

A.K. Creek

11 books8 followers
A.K. Creek writes small-town sweet romance stories about billionaires, athletes, celebrities, and the women they love. Follow her at www.AKCreek.com.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 21 of 21 reviews
3,164 reviews24 followers
October 9, 2020
The story Joy of the Season by Heather Scarlett is a good small town holiday romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Profile Image for Megan.
7 reviews5 followers
October 12, 2020
I read The Christmas Secret by Ash Keller! I usually shy away from Christmas books until closer to the holidays but I couldn't resist picking this book up. I love the banter between characters and the sweet way the story progresses. Ash Keller is great at setting the mood and making me feel all warm and cozy with this romance! I highly recommend.

Profile Image for Barbara.
16.6k reviews8 followers
October 15, 2020
The story I am reviewing is called Mistletoe and Holly by Isabelle Grace it is a well written story. This is Holly and Chace's second chance, she has things she has to overcome before they can get a happy ending. I enjoyed reading this story and am looking forward to reading the rest of the stories in this set. Another very good story in this set is Joy of the Season, by Heather Scarlett, who is a new Author to me. I will be looking for more by her. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
8,192 reviews93 followers
October 16, 2020
This is part of the Snow in Love Collection. I received a free copy of this book via booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review; I enjoyed the book so much that I have preorder the collection and can’t wait to read the rest of the stories.

1,094 reviews2 followers
October 10, 2020
Great short story the relationship between Luke and Joy has a very rocky start. Can they overcome that to find a happy ending.

Profile Image for Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon).
16.3k reviews154 followers
October 21, 2020
I absolutely loved this captivating collection of holiday romances, with exceptional characters in worlds that are so realistic it felt like I was on the journey with them. I recommend reading this book by an extraordinary authors that know how to captivate the attention of their readers
6,684 reviews79 followers
This is for Joy of the Season by Heather Scarlett

This is a sweet small town holiday romance. It starts off on the wrong foot when Luke shows up and tells Joy he's evicting her after he inherits the building she both lives in and has a shop in.The author paints her scenes beautifully and moves the story quickly and smoothly. I enjoyed the story and would recommend it for a good short read.

3,850 reviews25 followers
October 15, 2020
I received an ARC from the author thru Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving my review. I read The Christmas Secret by Ashley Keller. This is part of the Snow In Love collection. I thought Lola and Eric made a great couple in this story. They balance each other very well. The story was well written and made for a sweet and short Christmas story.

3,849 reviews12 followers
October 15, 2020
I read the Christmas Secret. This short story was my first read from this author. I liked the story, however the third person point of view of story telling is not my favorite. This is the deal breaker for me, so 4 stars. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Profile Image for Kathy Mccalmon.
3,718 reviews27 followers
October 14, 2020
This is a Christmas romance. The characters are fun and well written. The storyline has drama conflict and some suspense.

Profile Image for Sophie-Leigh Robbins.
Author 14 books256 followers
October 14, 2020
I read "The Christmas Secret" by Ash Keller, which is part of this collection of romances. The story sets a perfect mood for the holiday season and it's well-written. It's got romance, it's got emotions, a feisty dog, and lots of banter. Even though it was short, I quite enjoyed reading it.
Profile Image for Fiona Marsden.
Author 33 books115 followers
Currently reading
December 22, 2020
I started with Kwanzaa at His Castle which is later in the book of Holiday novellas. Will review as I read.
This is the story of Imani and Tyson. Tyson is the classic brother's best friend and Imani has been crushing on him for years. Not to the sad state of not dating other men but somehow none of them measure up for the HEA Imani believes in.

Now after a year away, Tyson is back and looking to repurpose a Canadian castle left to him by his father. Tyson's parents fell madly in love but his father couldn't forgo his playboy ways so it turned into a disaster. Love is not worth the trouble in Tyson's view.

Imani recently broke up with her long time boyfriend so both are at a loose end when Tyson asks her to visit his Castle to give her artistic point of view to the makeover.

A Castle, a Blizzard, a Beauty and the Beast library, and a Kinara, the candle holder for the seven Kwanzaa candles, all play their part in bringing Imani and Tyson closer than they've ever been. What will happen by the time the seventh and final candle is lit?

A very sweet and satisfying novella with a lovely cast.
Profile Image for Jamie Jack.
Author 1 book81 followers
November 9, 2020
I was given ARCs of three of the novellas in this collection but not the entire collection. Here are the reviews of those books.

The Christmas Secret by Ash Keller review
Even though this is a very short novella, just around 12K words, the author has managed to create two well-drawn, believable, and relatable characters. There is a fair amount of humor on both sides—though the characters probably wouldn’t see it as such—as they share with us how they view the world, their thoughts, and their actions. I am an RN, so I'm always drawn to romances that have a medical aspect. Honestly, though, I didn't think Lola acted like someone who had done ED rounds, as she talked about in the first part of the book. Anyone who has been a part of critical care is cool under pressure, not as panicked as she is at the beginning. Other than that, I liked the way the romance arc developed. The banter between the characters was stellar. And of course, what a great dog! The Christmas tree farm setting and what went on there added to the holiday spirit. A very quick, yet very fun holiday read. 5 stars

All He Wants for Christmas by Ann Malley review
This very quick read novella, around 16K, is about a couple on the verge of divorce after trying times, including a miscarriage. At the start of the book, she just wants out and to start a new life. He wants to get back together, even though he's filed a countersuit against her for taking company info—which I didn't really quite see the need for and certainly seems to be against his best interest if he wants to reconcile. Will forced time together set them on a new and better path? Perhaps the magic of Fiji and Christmas will have an effect! 4.5 stars

Joy of the Season by Heather Scarlett review
Having just read two other stories in this collection, I felt this one fell a little short. For one thing, in the past month, I have read this *exact* plot in another book. In fact, it made me do a double check to see if I hadn't read it before; however, this particular novella is new to me. Also, it suffers from the fault I see too often in novellas: the dreaded info dump. The author tried to throw us into the heart of the story but slowed down the drama with info dumps in both first chapters by the viewpoint characters. Even in a novella—and one of this short length, around 12K words—an author can pepper such information within the rest of the story as it becomes relevant. Because she didn't truly show us anything about the characters before the life-altering bombshell was dropped, I didn't feel the emotional connection to the character that I like to feel before such a thing happens. As such, this story fell flat for me on several levels. 4 stars

I received a free copy of three books in this collection, but that did not affect my review.

My book blog: https://www.readingfanaticreviews.com
Profile Image for Lori.
25 reviews
December 6, 2020
I bought this collection on my own from Amazon to support one of the writers who I know. I read the entire collection so this review unlike many of the others, is for the entire book, not just one short story.

This collection has eight short stories by eight different authors. The writing level within these stories varies by quite a bit. Some of the stories are very good and I enjoyed reading them. The one with Joy, the last one with Izabela, the first story with Lance, the one with the doctor, are the ones off the top of my head. Others were much harder to read and not as enjoyable.

Many of them spent a fair amount of book space setting up the story, but once it reached the denouement, spent about 3 paragraphs wrapping everything up so there was no real explanation of why two people are actually falling in love. You're just supposed to believe that the two characters who have known each other for a few days/weeks are now super seriously in love and all is good after one very quick discussion, who needs to actually know someone, let's get to the kissing.

There were relatively few editing mistakes, but I did spot one "your" instead of "you're" which is one of my pet peeves. I can't remember which short story had that one, though.

Overall, the collection had some hits but more misses.
3,463 reviews
October 23, 2020
A nice collection of holiday romance short stories. The Christmas Secret by Ash Keller was a cute read, Lola and Eric were an interesting pair.

Profile Image for Marichus Real.
2,138 reviews11 followers
August 30, 2021
The Christmas Secret by Ash Keller
A short, sweet story. Easy to read and well-written. I loved the naughty doggy and made me laugh. I enjoyed reading this book. 5 stars
Mistletoe and Holly by Isabelle Grace
A short, sweet story about how you need to overcome fear and what ifs…? in favour of love. 4 stars
Kwanzaa at His Castle by Hana Sheik
Tyson and Imani are in love with each other, but as he is a friend of Iman’s family makes her off-limits. 2.5 stars
Joy of the Season by Heather Scarlett
Joy can’t believe her ears when she hears Luke saying her he was going to sell the building where she has her business and her home.
A short, sweet Christmas story that is well-written and enjoyable. 5 stars
All He Wants for Christmas by Ann Malley
Sophie loves her husband very much but after having a miscarriage, things change.
Darius has everything a man can wish, but her wife asks him for divorce.
A found the story a bit confusing mostly the first half of the book. 3 stars

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
311 reviews2 followers
October 25, 2020
great characters, love the magic . You are drawn in to this story from page one. The characters are great and strong and feisty. This is about a shop owner changing the mind of her yummy, sexy new landlord. fun and enjoyable read. looking to read more t=from this author

Profile Image for Rhonda.
1,961 reviews24 followers
October 25, 2020
Witty and Charming story around the holidays. The holidays always make for an interesting twist on a romance. Wonderful characters that you will follow on their journey to romance and love. It's always fun when the characters are opposite of each other but find a common ground.

Profile Image for Isabelle Grace.
Author 7 books22 followers
November 27, 2020
The most wonderful time of the year!

Snow in Love is an eclectic collection of sweet novellas spanning the holiday season from Thanksgiving to New Year’s. This anthology has it all. Engaging couples, the magic of the season, and roadblocks to overcome on the way to happily ever after. Not only does this set give you varied holiday traditions from different cultures, it also gifts you with eight new authors whose books you will definitely want to add to your reading lists!!!
Displaying 1 - 21 of 21 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.