Start by marking “Frozen Rage: A Hellequin Novell (Hellequin Chronicles)” as Want to Read:
Frozen Rage: A Hellequin Novell (Hellequin Chronicles)

Frozen Rage: A Hellequin Novell

(Hellequin Chronicles #6.5)

Realm of Dreich is a getaway for the rich and powerful, a medieval-inspired town in the middle of a vast frozen wilderness. Now it’s the site of a wedding, intended to join two feuding families who have spent centuries in an uneasy truce with each other.

When Tommy Carpenter asks his best friend, Nate Garrett, to help him with the security of the wedding, Nate reluctantly a
Paperback
Published September 2nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Frozen Rage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frozen Rage

Start your review of Frozen Rage: A Hellequin Novell (Hellequin Chronicles)
Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance
This is the first novel I have read by this author, and as far as I can tell, his books are receiving stellar reviews and rave kudos, but before I add mine to that, I just want to point out that the cover of Frozen Rage looks absolutely amazing! The physical copy is striking.

Right from the start, the novel sort of jumps into the action and takes off with a banter and a crew that definitely has had a past together. Though the Realm of Dreich isn’t new to familiar readers of the Hellequin Chronic
Nick Borrelli
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever been to one of those murder mystery dinners? You know, the ones you pay to attend and at some point during or after the dinner the lights cut out, someone gets "murdered", and it becomes an interactive experience from then on to try to find out who the killer is. Well, this book is kind of like that except way bloodier, it takes place in a medieval wilderness, the main players are werewolves and werelions, and it's way more satisfying in the end.

FROZEN RAGE is technically a standal
Montzalee Wittmann
Frozen Rage A Hellequin Novella
(The Hellequin Chronicles)
By: Steve McHugh
Narrated by: Simon Mattacks
This is a novelle of Nate, Remy, and Tommy going to a wedding where there is sorcery, werelions, and magic. Good fantasy and action! Good mystery too! Great narration!

Sana Zameer
Beautiful cover, fast paced high action paranormal mystery there's nothing not to like except that it was short and I wanted more. I'm a huge fan of Hellequin Chronicles and it felt so good to be back in that universe with Nate and the rest of the gang. As usual no time is wasted and the story takes of from the very first page and goes on at a breakneck speed. The action scenes are always great and the interaction between the cast is very enjoyable. Now I'm counting down days till the release of ...more
Melissa
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, snarky, very Nate!

Exactly what you expect from a Hellequin story!

As always, well-written and easy to read. All the usual action and sassy dialog were compressed into a delightful murder mystery.

I think I'll read it again!
FanFiAddict
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
8.0/10

Action, mystery, magic, and snark all come to play in the newest addition to the Hellequin Chronicles. While I am a newbie when it comes to McHugh’s works, Frozen Rage quickly sold me on the rest of the series. Not many people can pull off a wholly satisfying read in 117 pages, especially toward the end of a series, and completely sell a reader on picking up the previous installments.

*Note to self: never expect weddings in fantasy settings to go either as planned or without bloodshed*

While
Kristine
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I have really liked this series from the beginning (I've read every book) and now we are even on a spin off series that is in this same world (read all of that one as well). When I saw this novella out on Audible, I thought, "Ooh, something new!" So, it was a no brainer :)

This is a very quick, well paced read with Nate, Tommy and crew and they get thrown into a situation when Nate says yes to Tommy's request for some help. He's agreed to do security for a wedding in some other realm and he
Lee Belshaw
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A murder,mystery with magic and a wedding.

Once again thrown into Steve McHughs world of magic, weres and other fantastical individuals, which is something I'll never tire of.
This Novella was a great read. It has everything, action, comedy, love stories, drama and even a wedding. The pace of the story is spot on, never rushed nor too slow. Nate, Tommy, Remy, Diana and Sky are the main focuses this time and they live up to all expectations. Jumping into battle, never a thought for their own live
Kari DoRego
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Werewolves and Weretigers and Werelions and a Werebear oh my. All at a Wedding what could go wrong.

Another highly enjoyable Novella by Steve Mchugh. Fun , fast paced , and fantastical. Nate returns as his snarky confident self like a smash-up of Deadpool , Neo, and Gandalf. With him is Tommy his best friend , Reme the smart-mouthed Foxman ( think Ryan Reynolds but British and a man fox hybrid) and Diana she's one bad mutha... watch your mouth. No seriously when it come to Diana watch your mouth
Orlando Sanchez
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic magical murder mystery.

Steve leads us on a Poirot-style mystery worthy of Dame Christie herself, but with magic. This was an excellent fast-paced nkvella that kept you guessing right up until the final reveal.
Kudos Steve! A wonderful story. One more thing, I think you're the one that should don the trench coat. This was a great story!
Geni Frew smith
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nate Remy and Tommy are all back in this brilliant novella. This book has you from the first sentence! Keeps you on your toes and laughing the entire book. You have all the gang at a wedding with werewolves and werelions. Trouble always finds Nate, brilliant book! This is a must read if you have read the Hellequin series from the start.
Terry
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why are weddings always so bad in books? Who hurt these authors?

Great story and fun homage. No clues are given just answers.
S A M | The Book in Hand
Here are a few things you can expect from Frozen Rage:

Serious murder mystery vibes;
Intrigue;
Shapeshifters;
A kick ass lead;
LGBT;
Break-neck pace filled with bloody and brilliant action;
CHAOS.

On to the full review…

If you don’t want to read it already from the above details then let me tempt you a little bit more.

This book is such an enjoyable read, I didn’t realise how much I wanted a fast paced whirlwind murder novella until I picked this book up. I had engaged with Steve on Twitter a bit in the
Kerri
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Storytellers on Tour and the author for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

So I’m gonna come right out and say that I did not know that this was part of a series. Not only that, it’s number 6.5 in a series! I’m pretty sure that this information was part of the sign up but, apparently, my brain decided to skip over that information because it thought the cover was pretty.

(Which it totally is, btw)

That being said, I had a lot of fun with this little novell
Evelin
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frozen Rage is a short novella from the series of The Hellequin Chronicles. It only has 11 chapters, but these chapters are full of action. However I haven’t read the previous books in the series I really liked this novella. It turned a very good reading full of exciting creatures, gods, goddesses and well-written worlds. The author created an interesting atmosphere where everything is possible. There's humour, blood, fights and facts, that help you understand the world. The characters are uniqu ...more
Jea Song
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
“𝑾𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒆𝒅, 𝒘𝒆’𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒕’𝒔 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏.”
-𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝑴𝒄𝒉𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒃𝒚 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒛𝒆𝒏 𝑹𝒂𝒈𝒆

𝓕𝓻𝓸𝔃𝓮𝓷 𝓡𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓣𝓸𝓾𝓻✨

Happy to be a part of the Frozen Rage book tour! Check it out on Goodreads and Amazon! Thank you @sot_tours and @stevemc79 ❤️

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Magic x Murder x Wedding 👀👀👀👀

This is a part of a series but it’s even good as a standalone!!! It’s fast-paced so you won’t get bored at all. It took me an hour to finish it and it was great! Anddd... LOOK AT THAT COVER Y’ALL!!!! ✨
Arina
My kind of cozy read: bloody murder, inviting characters, and a scenery peppered with fantasy, paranormal, and even historical legends. A whodunit with a bite (ah! a pun), that perhaps reaches a far too sudden resolution when compared to the rest of its mystery.

Nevertheless, this was a very well-accomplished novella that can be read as a standalone or an introduction to this compelling series, and it deftly achieved the purpose of drawing me into this new world. Nate and his friends are hilariou
colin c ball
Another great addition

I've read each of the Hellequin novels several times, loved every page looking forward to seeing what comes next.
Steve McHugh uses these stories to flesh out his characters giving histories, a past you share and you love these people even more as you wait to see how they will grow, live and/or die.
If you haven't read the other books in the Hellequin series start today, right now!!
They're free with Amazon prime so there's no excuse..I promise you will not regret it, though y
L.G.
If you have followed the Hellequin series, you will not be disappointed by this 125 page novella. Nate Garrett (the main character) attends a wedding as part of the security detail led by his best friend, Tommy Carpenter. Murders, magic and violent fighting ensue. Best of all, Nate gets to play detective and solve the crime. There is no cliffhanger!

This could be a standalone if a new reader to this series can catch up with the concept of shifters, sorcerers, different realms, mythical characters
Trish R.
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not understanding this! I've read all the Hellequin Chronicles and the last one was written in 2018 and suddenly there's a novella written 2 years later? Why?

Anyway, it was a good story, about a wedding that went wrong and 5 people were killed, before lots and lots of werelions attacked the castle where the wedding was supposed to take place and started killing all the werewolves, as well as the human wedding guests.

No sex and the F-bomb was used 18 times.

As to the narration: As usual, Simon Mat
Neil
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The return of Nate in his most intimidating persona made this novella a great read.
Not nearly enough of Tommy geeking, out but amusing glimpses of his and Nate’ interactions. A fun read all the same.
That being said there were for such a short read, an almost bewildering number of new character introductions, which at times had me going back to check on who they were. Thankfully it all coalesces nicely in the end. With even a slow learner like myself catching on.
Essentially a murder mystery with
Anneka Avery
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Fantastic Adventure

Another fantastic adventure into the world of Nate Garrett. I’m a huge fan of Steve McHugh and he never fails to deliver a phenomenal story with his enchanting wonderful characters. I feel so connected to the characters I never want his books to end. It brings me so much joy reading his books and I’m delighted with this novella. It was engaging to read, had me guessing and laughing. Thank you Steve McHugh!
Toni Yallop
Mchugh strikes again

The Frozen rage novella is a bit different to the others that involve Nate Garret. He is forced to investigate and be somewhat diplomatic as well as fight and be generally sarcastic. The wit and one liners are point having me in inappropriate giggles over things that aren’t supposed to be funny. Cannot was til December now!
Jeff Cochrane
Frozen Rage

I really liked it. I have read all the books about Nate Garret and have never been disappointed. This one was a little different in that it included a mystery that had to be solved. Still lots of action and snarky comments. Anytime Nate and Tommy get together is bound to be a good thing. Recommended.
Sarah Anderson-Pagal
I haven't read the previous six books in this series, but now I really want to.

McHugh has created an exciting new world (worlds?) Different realms like Avalon and Earth. There are wereanimals, sorcerers, banshees, Gods and Goddessed.

His use of humour and sarcasm is great! It helps to break up intense scenes.

I really enjoyed this novella and now want to dive into the Hellequin universe!
Robert Clark
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, but completely up to the author’s high standards. Very good read.

We back tracked in time a little as I have been a follower for a while and we now know that Arthur isn’t such a great guy. Any time the whole gang gets together, it’s bound to be a good read. I mean, with Nate, Tommy, Remy, Diane and Sky involved, the book just can not be bad!
Karen Merten
HAPPY Little Tale

I have been a fan of Nate and friends from the beginning,as they are some of my favorite set of characters.I am so much waiting for the next adventure,and this was a great little read.
Bigmommanina
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I've loved every single Hellequin book since the beginning & this novella is just perfect, it proves to me that no matter what happens Steve McHugh & the Hellequin series are & will always be a firm favourite
Al Parks
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magic Mysteries 👍

I love this, nice mystery, as well as Nate kick in ass. I am hoping McHugh does some more novellas as well as more full books for Nate. This will tide me over til next book comes out in a couple of months.
Cecil Ridenour
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detective Garrett

Always nice to see what Nate is up to no matter what the circumstance. This was a another great book. I can easily seeing him have all those skills after years of investigating and hunting people.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Trinity (Feathers and Fire, #9)
  • The Demon Accords Compendium, Volume III
  • Druid Master (Colin McCool #12)
  • Savage
  • Blood Rule (Rule of The Council #3)
  • Walking The Razor (Montague & Strong Case Files #12)
  • Moonshine (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #11)
  • They Bite: A Nyxia White Story (The Nyxia White Stories Book 1)
  • Druid Arcane (Colin McCool #11)
  • Holy Sheoly (The Preternatural Chronicles, #6)
  • A Time for Witches (The Ghosts of Gotham Saga, #2)
  • Dark Glass (Montague & Strong Case Files #11)
  • I’m Glad You’re Dead (The Preternatural Chronicles, #1)
  • Darkkin Queen (Demon Accords, #16)
  • Blue Storm (Blue Wolf #6)
  • Forged (Alex Verus, #11)
  • Night Hunt (Harbinger P.I. #9)
  • Dragon's Scrape
Steve is a bestselling author of Urban Fantasy. His book, Scorched Shadows, was shortlisted for a Gemmell Award for best novel.

Steve was born in a small village called Mexborough, South Yorkshire, but now lives with his wife and three young daughters in Southampton

Hellequin Chronicles (8 books)
  • Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles, #1)
  • Born of Hatred (Hellequin Chronicles, #2)
  • With Silent Screams (Hellequin Chronicles, #3)
  • Prison of Hope (Hellequin Chronicles, #4)
  • Lies Ripped Open (Hellequin Chronicles #5)
  • Promise of Wrath (Hellequin Chronicles, #6)
  • Scorched Shadows (Hellequin Chronicles, #7)