Start by marking “Amethyst” as Want to Read:
Amethyst

Amethyst

REVERENCE AWAITS

Rashell’s brother has vanished. When the local villagers express no concern, she enlists the help of a stranger from a faraway city to find Teth.

Investigator Derrik discovers the people worship a massive stone known as the Amethyst. Even more bizarre, an ancient relic of a mummy fuels their reverence.

Given limited time, Rashell and Derrik confront these mys
ebook, Free from author's website
Published September 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Amethyst, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amethyst

Start your review of Amethyst
Jesse Bailey
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amethyst is now live! Visit my author website to get a free copy today!
If you enjoy cosmic horror, dark fantasy, lgbtq characters, weird fiction, then this one if for you.
Asa Icy
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
The beginning of this book really caught my attention, and I was disappointed that the initial event ended up playing a much smaller role in the plot than I had anticipated.

For the most part, I enjoyed the telling of the tale from the main character's point of view. At times, though, the narrative was repetitive and did not provide any enhancement to the storyline.

The characters themselves were not portrayed in any great depth and consisted of your typical school-aged cast of a pretty and well
Abi
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This short work was really well-written, from the setting to the characters to the overall suspense. The characters were varied and interesting, making me quickly invested in what happened to them. The mysteries and suspense that surrounded the story and its characters were also extremely well-written and engaging. I highly recommend this story!

Liz
Oct 17, 2020 added it
Shelves: horror
Review&rating on Nov 9th as part of blog tour. ...more
Stef
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great example as to why I do not trust the people in standalone villages.
An investigator is contacted by a member of a village seeking help to find her missing brother. Only for him to turn up to a village who worship a mysterious purple glowing stone called the amethyst and further investigation leads to some secrets that get more and more sinister.
Rashell who contacts this man is pretty taken aback by him at first and thinks he’s not that interested in helping her but soon realises h
Rin | The 13th Shelf
Phil
added it
Oct 15, 2020

• Theodore The Neighbour's Cat: The Novel
  • Deadly Vows (Britton Bay #2)
  • Oh Wretched Moon
  • Devastation Road (Beechworth Trilogy #1)
  • Wither Thorn (The Crest of Blackthorn, # 1)
  • A Human Stain
  • These Deathless Bones
  • Recursion
  • The Song of David (The Law of Moses, #2)
  • One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow
  • Missing in Action (Eisenhorn #1.5)
  • I Remember You
  • The Turn of the Screw
  • The Age of the Vikings
  • Path of Darkness
  • The Witch Caprusche
  • The Eighth Detective
  • Toward the Midnight Sun
Enthralled by the magic that written stories contain, Jesse Nolan Bailey has always wanted to be an author. With his debut novel, THE JEALOUSY OF JALICE, and his shorter fiction, AMETHYST, released to the masses, he can now claim such title with relief. He lives in Durham, North Carolina, where he has embraced the equally-gratifying lifework of hosting a trio of spoiled cats and two mini-aussies.

News & Interviews