Start by marking “The Awakening (Bloodmoon Wars, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Awakening (Bloodmoon Wars, #1)

The Awakening

(Bloodmoon Wars #1)

Finding my fated mate is my worst nightmare...

I don't want to settle down with some Alpha-born pup my father chooses. As the firstborn daughter to an Alpha, I know my life goal should be becoming a Luna and birthing new Alphas, but all I want is to join the Werewolf Guard. I want to kick some evil supernatural ass and protect the people I love, not create the next generati
Kindle Edition
Published November 13th 2020

Start your review of The Awakening (Bloodmoon Wars, #1)
Deborah
May 26, 2021 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book for the most part. Although I felt a bit let down by the blurb. Will doesn’t appear until nearly the halfway point. And apart from curiosity I felt no real attraction or pull between these two. Also the blurb tells us more about him than the book does which was strange.

I liked the world that’s been created and I loved Skye and Cyrus. If I’m being honest I was way more interested in their story than I was in Elinor’s.

Elinor was okay. I found her a bit immature at times but I’m
Claire Weglowski
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love it
Nikki
Oct 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading all of the books but I don't want to touch anything until I find out what order I should red everything in. When it comes to things like this reading them out of order will drive me completely insane ...more
Tersa
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline

Enjoyed the characters and the different stories! Anxious to see what Elinor does to help her vampire! And how about Skye...
Katheyer
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sara Snow’s „The Awakening“ marks the start to the new “Bloodmoon Wars” series, which relates events that will (after the series) eventually lead to Ruby’s story (the FMC of her previous “Luna Rising Series”). Despite being a prequel of sorts, “The Awakening” can be perfectly be enjoyed as a stand-alone series, or even better at any point before or after the ‘Luna Rising Series’, because – seriously - why would someone even want to miss the opportunity to enjoy Ruby’s story 😊

Elinor is the first-
jenny andrew
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Set way before Luna Rising series, Elinor is the daughter of the alpha destined to be a Luna for her mate (although is this what she wishes for?) who has a chance meeting with a vampire. Elinor is such a strong character with some awesome friends - her feelings for Will are just beginning I think and I cannot wait to see how these 2 progress over this series. Some brilliant writing with an interesting plot.
Kathy Zuercher Diveley
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elinor

An alpha first born, but as a female she's not allowed. Even though she is capable and could be in the wolf guards. Her father continually throws first born alpha males at her to see if they are her mate. Since she has not found a mate, now her father has arranged a marriage for her.
Kristine
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another brand new author to me so I didn't really have any expectations and ended up listening to most of this in audio. The narrator did a good job and I didn't have any issues with the narration. It says that this is the prequel to another series- The Luna something or other series - that I have not read but that didn't take away from anything while I was listening to this book.

This is a shifter story that revolves around a female wolf - the first born daughter of an Alpha. This story is diffe
KatJ
Oct 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm writing this review after having read the whole series and have pasted this to each book in the series.

Generally I really enjoyed this series. There is a lot of action within the scenes and some interesting tropes. You've got your enemies to lovers as well as your friends to lovers. More aimed at NA the romance in here doesnt get protrayed past kissing, however narrates relationships that share beds.

I read once this had a twilight vibe to it and whilst it does.. old vampire, young woman vi
Lauren
Nov 29, 2020 rated it liked it
To much of other things

Ok read, I think the hardest thing for me was waiting for this vampire to show up, and yet we don't get to him until after 40% and yet that's super vague. And finally when we get to anything juicy the book is over? I am intrigued by the vampire, yet I don't really feel the connection between these two, there is a ton going on, so what ever this suppose connection is supposed to be its kinda more of background noise. I think we got more of a relationship and more informatio
T.
Apr 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-ultd
The Awakening, book 1 of the Bloodmoon Wars series, is an ebook I downloaded from Kindle Unlimited.

Loved the depth of the world-building and the play of paranormal politics that shapes this marvelous storyline. I loved the characters and the relationships between each of the character-- from family dynamics and traditions to potential romances. I'll be checking out other series by this author.

Note: ends in a cliffhanger and next book resumes from the leave-off point.
angie beth
Aug 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great read!!!!

Although for me it started a bit slow, this story turn out great !! I love the inclusion of of the supernatural characters!! The fact that not only the main characters grew but all the characters did was amazing. Sara Sow is building a wonderful world!!!
Reena
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely delightful story, set in the Luna Rising universe. A forbidden romance between a she-wolf and a vampire, full of mystery and intrigue. If you liked Luna Rising, then this is a must read.
Wildwitchca
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Started slow and then...

Started slow and then I started to enjoy the characters and their challenges. I found it got better and better....until the cliffhanger! Now I need to go read book 2...
Daniela Romero
Jun 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Inesperadamente buena. Me gustó el universo creado por esta autora. Aunque no se dio grandes detalles me llamó mucho la atención y es prometedora. Me encantaron los protagonistas y los diferentes puntos de vista. Queda mucho por descubrir y espero leer el próximo.
Sarah Marshall-Coging
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed. A good light read, not hard to follow. Interesting characters
Trescina Bell
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Exciting read!

This book is awesome. Every exciting read.I couldn’t put it down. It had me from beginning to the end. I’m heading to book 2
Tina Oeffler
Jul 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This book was a great read By Sara Snow. Looking
Forward to seeing How Elinor story unfolds and reading the next book.
Ashley
Jul 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Slow start

This was a great book and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series! This book is very spread out and detailed but NOT boring.
Lisa
Aug 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Pretty easy, enjoyable read. Not sure I liked it enough to continue the series but it was fun.
Lyra
Aug 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Exciting. Lots of fun. I really liked how it gave you the story from more than person’s point of view.
faye gallagher
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mixed feelings

Enjoyed the story but found the main character annoying. Boasting her alpha status but fairly ignorant of the world around her does not engender balanced decisions.
Jennifer Gross
Mandi Miller
Sep 18, 2021
Michelle Young
May 26, 2021

• Luna Captured (Luna Rising, #2)
  • Luna Rising (Luna Rising, #1)
  • Chosen Wolf (The Marked Wolf, #2)
  • Moonstone Academy: Year One: A Mayhem of Magic World Story
  • Wolfish: Moonborne (Wolfish, #1)
  • The Wild Moon (Soulbound Shifters, #1)
  • Ricochet
  • Dead Boys Don't Cry
  • Angel Unseen (Unseen MC #1)
  • Hidden Mate (The Wolf Born Trilogy Book 1)
  • Erratic (Arcane Mage, #3)
  • Winds of Change (Delphine Rising, #0.5)
  • Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
  • Wings of Fire (The Last Phoenix #1)
  • The Butcher of the Bay: Part II (Mounts Bay Saga #2)
  • The Butcher of the Bay: Part I (Mounts Bay Saga #1)
  • Wolf's Claim (The Royal Heir, #3)
  • Druid Academy Complete Box Set: A Magic Academy Adventure

Bloodmoon Wars (5 books)
  • The Enlightenment (Bloodmoon Wars, #2)
  • The Revolution (Bloodmoon Wars, #3)
  • The Renaissance (Bloodmoon Wars, #4)
  • The New Age (Bloodmoon Wars, #5)

News & Interviews

For those of us north of the equator, it's time for chilly days, long nights, and plenty of time to cozy up with a new book–or book...