Start by marking “The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor 1)” as Want to Read:
The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor 1)

The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion

(The Book of Eleanor #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  66 ratings  ·  30 reviews
From USA Today Bestselling Author Shannon Nemechek comes a brand-new series "The Traveler" will take you on an EPIC adventure through time.
Timeless meets The Originals

An ancient curse has plagued the Stewart witches for centuries. Only one witch can break the curse, A prophecy foretold of her arrival-the last Stewart witch but an ancient foe is determined to stop her.

Ar
Kindle Edition
Published September 2020 by Warranted Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Traveler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Traveler

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor 1)
InD'tale Magazine
"The Traveler: A Chimera Rebellion" will take readers across time from contemporary Georgia to Revolutionary War days to the Civil War!

Read full review in the 2020 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Beckyandthebooks97
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-reads
This book will take you on an epic adventure through time. Katie Butler is on vacation in Savannah, in the hotel she is staying at a lady begins telling guests the story of Eleanor MacAllister and her book. Katie becomes intrigued by the story and wants to find the book of Eleanor. Katie has a surprise awakening when she is transported back in time to 1864 but doesn't understand why. Here she meets Colm O'Donnell and they go on a great adventure together. Katie must decide whether to stay in 186 ...more
Suzette Thurlow
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best vacation you will take all year, with out leaving your reading nook. Travel through time with the Book of Eleanor. Katie is taking a much needed vacation in historic Savannah. She has always loved the deep south, the history, the romance and the ghost stories. Katie finds out some stories are true as she is taken back to the civil war in search of her true love.

I love The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion what a wonderful adventure. Great job Shannon Nemechek I can't wait for the second book.
Angela
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion is the first book in The Book of Eleanor Series by Shannon Nemechek. It is a time travel fantasy- with magic, mystery, witches, history, war, love, suspense, drama, action and adventure. This has the feel of “Outlander”, but with a flavour all its own. I really enjoyed this first book and am looking forward to continuing with the rest of the series.
Katie Butler is a Major in the US Army- and she has no idea that her love of old books will catapult her on a
Erica Fish
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Traveler:Chimera Rebellion is the first book in The Book of Eleanor by Shannon Nemechek and what a first book it was. Shannon Nemechek is a new author to me and I will be seeking out her books in the future. This story has all the great elements for a great book. To be honest it was the cover that drew me to the book. On the other hand, it was the plot line and characters that keep me glued to my kindle. Nemechek writes about Kate and Colm who meet by chance. Kate loves books and when the bo ...more
Kerry Baker
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion by Shannon Nemechek is the first book in the Book of Eleanor series. This is a fantastic and unique story that will have you completely hooked from the start.
From the moment I started reading this book I was utterly hooked. I really felt like I was immersed completely in the story and the journey of Katie and Colm. I loved how different they both were and how they managed to create a connection despite this.
Ms Nemechek has a great writing style – one that I have a
Merricat Alexander
Shelves: ibbbfun
I loved this so much, I was curious from the get go for the synopsis, as it seemed to remind me of another series that I also enjoy, but this book instantly made its own stand all by itself within the first few pages, I was hooked from the prologue. I adored Eleanor, Katie and fell in love with Colm myself. It had everything I loved, history, witches, magic, powerful women and handsome men.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 CRANKY STARS

This is a well written enchanting story that takes place in Savannah. The author has thrown in some historical romance so that it is technically historical fiction. The key history is the American Revolutionary War and the War between the States. There is a little time travel/memories and magic. I got wrapped into the story every time I picked up the book, which wasn’t too often as I found it hard to put down to begin with. Every time I read a book like this, I have to write down t
Laura Furuta
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor Book 1)
By: Shannon Nemechek
5 out of 5 stars

The story The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor Book 1) by Shannon Nemechek is a time travel/romance book. It is a story that had me hooked from the beginning and I didn’t want to put it down. I loved reading about the characters of Katie Butler and Colm O’Donnell. Katie is a strong, independent woman who finds herself transported back in time. Colm is attracted to Katie and is determin
Madilynn Dale
Shelves: 2019read

5-Star

The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor Book 1) by Shannon Nemechek is full of Magic, romance, and time travel. I fell in love with it immediately. Katie is taking a break before beginning her new role and managing her PTSD. She stumbles on a story that is a huge part of the small Georgia town history that she us somehow tied to. I loved following her and learning of Colm and Eleanor. Each of thes
Dana
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m going to start with what drew me to reading The Traveler....honestly, it was the blurb: time travel and the Civil War, which are two of my fav things.

I was very intrigued with how Ms. Nemechek was able to spin the story of traveling through time. It was pretty neat actually.

As this is the beginning of a new series, I felt the character development was good and has me ready to read the next book......
Karen
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am generally into historical romance but this one is very well written and captivating.
Kim Michele
Jan 19, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion because of the blurb, it sounded interesting and I love the time travel genre. I was hoping that I would get something a little bit like Outlander with a more magical bent but what I got was a poorly written, convoluted, not well thought out story. The transition from present day to the past was not smooth, suddenly we're thrust in a world where the main character Katie turns into someone else entirely. Half way through the first scenes of Katie ...more
Katie Kearney
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor 1) by Shannon Nemechek. When I read the blurb I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect but I knew I was interested to see where this author was about to take me. And boy am I so very glad I opened this book up and stepped inside. Katie immediately drew me inside the story and I was ready for an adventure and this story gave me just that. I couldn’t put it down and I’ll be honest I wasn’t ready for it to end. The author’s writing style is smooth a ...more
Booksisters21
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion is book one in an epic new series from Shannon Nemechek

From start to finish I was captivated by this incredible story and how amazing it was written. When Shannon said that this book would take you on an epic adventure, she wasn't lying.

The story is a constant page-turner and you won't want to put it down until you have finished.

This story is a unique and magical one that will most definitely leave you wanting more.

This was the first historical romance that I ha
Michelle Austin
The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion was a great 5 star read.and book one in the Book of Eleanor series.

I was pulled in right from the beginning. Katie is in Savannah enjoying a vacation, when she hears a story that intrigues her. She is determined to find the book. She ends up traveling back in time. This is where she meets Colm O’Donnell and things get more interesting from here.

Will Katie stay in the past or come back to the present time?

Overall, this was a great read. I really loved all of the c
Rachel Moss
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not read any of the other novels by Shannon Nemechek, but I will say she outdid herself with "The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion"! It was an awesome read. It was very easy to fall into the story, and to be transported back in time to the Civil War, just as Katie was. You fall in love as she falls in love, and it will spellbind you as the magic is released. It based on historical fact, but as it as meant for entertainment purposes only, it was one of the best contemporary historical fiction n ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Netania
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. An adventure through time, some historical romance, and a bit of book nerd, this reminded me of ‘Outlander’. This is definitely a page turner, and I loved the plot and characters. Although the beginning was a little narrative-heavy, the story picks up and I really enjoyed the dialogue and the writing style hooked me in. This is a well-written book with lots of heart and warmth. I can’t wait for the next book.
Michelle
I absolutely loved this book. I have always been a big fan of time travel stories and this is a great start to what looks like an amazing series. Everything in this book was perfect from the well developed characters to descriptive writing. I loved reading about Katie and Colm. I fell in love with these two phenomenal characters with each page I read. I can't wait to see where their journey of love and survival takes them. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book. ...more
Heather W
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion is the first book in The Book of Eleanor series and is a great start to this new series.

The characters are well developed, intelligent, and likable. The storyline is well written and intriguing, with time travel, a long-lost book, mystery, history, magic, curses, secrets, suspense, and romance.

I cannot wait to read the next book in this series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Emmett J.
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Superb writing

What an enjoyable story. I like the blend of fantasy with the time travel with the romance. Only reason I didn't go full 5 stars is because of leaving me hanging at the end. That is perfectly acceptable for a series. I don't like it. I like things wrapped up in a book. Seldom do I read a book I don't skim a bit. This is no different but only for the steamy erotica passages I can do without.
Heather Lovelace
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a solid, well-written book! This romance is filled with the present and the past, supported by two main characters that you will immediately relate to. Nemechek has created a wonderful storyline that captures your heart and imagination and won’t let go. I loved every page and look forward to seeing how the series continues.
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
totally new to this author, great book cover, not my normal go 2 genre ...but i really enjoyed it for a chance. hope to read more from Shannon soon enough!! well written characters, very cool, creative and fun read.
Maureen Munson
Could not get into it

I tried many times to give this book a chance. I thought because it was such a short novel that I could push myself to finish it but it did not hold my interesr.
Beth Amy
They need to warn people when a book os X rated

It did considerably shorten the reading times, though. Sorry, if sex was so difficult to figure out, we wouldn't have so many idiots in the government or on the roads. I don't need or want a sex how-to manual in a story.
So, now, you're warned...or slavering, depending on your tastes in romance books. But, having at one time been involved in the occult, I suppose I should have expected it. Sex & witchcraft go hand in hand.
And this story is about wit
Debi

5 Stars

I'm a HUGE fan of time travel novels that include romance… There's a huge series out there with books that are like super long and I have that whole series in paperback and have read it 3 times ...This is why I was a bit worried when I saw this book, I was afraid I'd be too critical or it wouldn't live up to what I had in my mind as far as expectations for the time travel genre…

One of the main reasons I chose
Jenni Bishop
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Traveler: Chimera Rebellion (The Book of Eleanor 1) by Shannon Nemechek is an interesting read that keeps you on your toes wondering what is coming next. It is well written and keeps you glued to the pages. I enjoyed the characters and the worlds that Shannon has created. The story is along the same lines as Outlander, which I truly love. There is magic and witches, time travel and wars death and love.

Kate finds herself in Savannah and loving the history she has heard about, but she soon fin
Finn Cunningham
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the very beginning to the very end of The Travelers: Chimera Rebellion, I was pleasantly surprised with how this story was woven. This book deserves 5 stars and I believe it is a definite must read! This book made me feel every emotion at once, and I loved it. From curiosity to anger, defeat to hope, and everything in between! Katie and Calm's story is stunning from start to finish with mild violence, mild sexual scenes, and minor language. I am very eager to see how Katie's story continues ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It is a time travel story that is engaging and I enjoyed watching the world building grow throughout the story. There is much going on in this story but I was easily able to keep up. The characters made the story realistic and had me turning pages fast. Katie is on leave from the Army when she finds out about a lost book. Now she is determined to find said book but is she prepared for what she finds and the secrets it holds? I highly recommend this book.

• The Prison Doctor
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • The Fat Girl's Guide to Loving Your Body
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Shattered Dreams
  • Sweet Tea and Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #5)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • The Time Traveler's Awakening (Prequel to the Magic Bound Saga): A Time-Travel Paranormal Romance
  • Journeys Through SpaceTime
  • Death at Hazel House (Sukey Reynolds, #1)
  • The Player (Men of WarHawks Book 2)
  • Die for Me
  • Serenade
  • Indebted to the Vampires (House of Durand, #1)
  • Cozy Halloween Cozy Mystery Boxed Set
  • Roast Turkey and a Murder (Rainey Daye #7)
  • The Night I Met Father Christmas
Shannon is a USA Today Best Selling Author of over 18 novels and novellas.
Shannon started her writing career while still serving in the US Army.

Shannon grew up in Macomb, IL where she graduated from High School in 1987 and soon after joined the US Army. Shannon served from 1987 to 2015 during Operation Desert Storm and during Operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In April 2015 Shannon retired from

The Book of Eleanor (2 books)
  • The Traveler: Chimera Revolution (The Book of Eleanor 2)

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....