Start by marking “Taken at Midnight” as Want to Read:

Taken at Midnight

Once upon a time, Cinderella left school for a cast party.
She never made it.

I’m almost to the house when a strong hand closes over my mouth and pulls me into the shadows.

He says he’ll keep me for two days. I know he’s lying.

And worst of all, I might not want to leave.
Published October 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Taken at Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken at Midnight

Start your review of Taken at Midnight
myo 🍒 (myonna reads)
absolutely terrible, talk about stockholm syndrome
Stephanie
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing adventure. Poor Desiree, swept away at midnight to be thrust in to everything nightmares are made of. Or was she? Max is playing with fire and doesn’t care who knows it, his struggle to keep it together is a feat of strength I wouldn’t dare challenge the mighty hades with. The fire and passion in this tale will engulf every fibre of your being. I can’t get enough of this amazing world Amelia has created, from Hades to Zeus, and Erich and Maximus. Each story takes you deeper and s ...more
Teresa Lara
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved Maxx and his lil princess
Intense emotional dark in this amazing short love story
Ready for more
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Stephanie
Oct 24, 2020 rated it liked it
this was a really fun novella but there were a lot of errors that distracted me from the story and I HATED how they said I love you after literally a day lmfao yuck
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️

Her hands come up on instinct to meet my thighs but I twist a hand into her hair and hold her in place. This is what it means, to be ruined. She can struggle if she wants, she can cry and scream and push away, but it’s not over until I say it’s over.
“Hold still,” I tell her, and by god, her body goes still in front of me, her grip tight on my pants. I’m in her mouth now but it’s not enough. I’m going to take her throat, too.
“Open wide, little princess.”

This man, I swear Amelia writes THE BES
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor The greatest threat walking these grounds is me. And tonight, I’ve kidnapped the princess.”

'Taken at midnight' is another Standalone novel in the Black Mountain Academy world by the author Amelia Wilde . Told in dual Perspectives , get ready to meet Desiree and Maximus.

This book has to be shortest read of this series , but damn if it doesn't make you take a ton of cold showers! Even in a small length of book the author has stu
Jenny B
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a deliciously dark tale... Mr Maximus Prince is the ultimate dominating swoon worthy alpha who captures his Cinderella (Desiree). This is an insta love with all the feels and some steamy hot darkness thrown in and this read is a quick easy read. I found the premise to be interesting and it was a delight to get a guest appearance from my favorite swoon worthy alpha Hades. Amelia Wilde was able to put together a story in the most perfect of ways to allow me a perfect escape.
Brigid Brown
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whoa, this ain't your mother's Cinderella story!!! This is dark, twisted and oh so hot and dirty!!

Desiree is quick to learn, at the hands of Maximus (literally), not to walk alone at midnight. All is going according to plan, but Maximus doesn't expect to fall for his captive.

This is quick read but it has everything that I have come to love about Amelia Wilde's books.
Marcie
Nov 02, 2020 rated it liked it
A hot and intense lightly dark romance

This is my first read by Amelia and man - what an intense, wild and hot ride. If you are a more sensitive reader and have triggers I would tread carefully with this one. It does have a somewhat dubious consent involved and Stockholm syndrome. Maximus Prince has a job to do and Desiree is that job. He is to deliver her as payment, but when he sees her he knows that she is his....before she even realizes it and he is going to show her that in every way possibl
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 TAKEN STARS!! This is a fast delicious story that is full of love. OMG...I devoured this story and now I want more. Amelia Wilde sucks us readers in and boy do we love it.
Lilith  Seven
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK: TAKEN AT MIDNIGHT.

GENRE: CONTEMPORARY DARK ROMANCE.
AUTHOR: AMELIA WILDE.
TYPE:STANDALONE.
POV: DUAL PROSPECTIVE.
MY RATING: 4.5 STARS.

Another canon-worthy addition to the Amazing BLACK MOUNTAIN ACADEMY SERIES by Bes-selling author AMELIA WILDE.

Desiree didn't know someone will be waiting for her at the end of the highschool's Cinderella play with the intention of stealing her away. Her only mostake was to walk on the streets alone at midnight.
Maximus Prince kidnaps her and m
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amelia Wilde delivers another sinful and uber steamy read in Taken at Midnight. The scorching hot chemistry will make you squirm and burn. It just fed my craving for the author's addictive and steamy storytelling!

Desiree didn't expect a monster will be waiting for her in the dark while she walk back home from school on the night of her eighteenth birthday. Maximus Prince kidnapped her and then broke her in most delicious ways. And now she is falling for the wicked prince. But Maximus is bound by
Karen_
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Black Mountain Academy
Written by: Amelia Wilde

If you love dark, dirty tales that give you the world of Gods and their powers then you are going to want to read this novella.

It all comes down to the Prophecy that you received.

For Desiree her prophecy was “at midnight, when she turned 18, she would meet her destiny.”

Walking to a cast party late, the moment midnight strikes, she remembers her prophecy. Would it come true? What was her destiny? She found out when a gloved hand cove
Whennie
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short Stockholm story

This is my first ever read from Amelia Wilde and it got me so hot. I would be adding Amelia on my on to read list 😍

So back to story.. Taken at Midnight plays as a little bit of Cinderella like, because Desiree taken by Maximus at the strike of 12 midnight on the day of her 18th birthday while Desiree wearing her Cinderella dress from their school theater play.

This book was short but very entertaining, Desiree only takes a day and a night to blossom her attraction for Maximus
Ga Books LoverX
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What isn't there to love about this book?! It was short, dirty, and oh so good! The author pulls you in from the very beginning and I just love her writing style! There really is not too much to say without giving away spoilers, just know if you like your romances on the short, dark, and dirty side, this is one that you much check out! I give it 4.5 stars and totally recommend it!

PS: Thank you to Amelia Wilde and Candi Kane PR for allowing me an advanced copy of the book to review to review hone
Reds Reads
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you’re looking for a fast, dark, and sexy read, then look no further than Taken at Midnight!

I loved this novella length dark romance. One of my favorite things, is that it’s in the same world as Hades, and we even get a quick visit with him. I know we’re supposed to be talking about Maximus and Desiree, but Hades will always be my fav 🤭

Midnight means more than her performance as Cinderella being over, it means Desiree will be 18, and her life as she knows it will be over. Only she wasn’t exp
Effie
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Call the fire department on this one because this book will burn everything in it’s path with how hot it is.... Damn Amelia, I need cold showers for a month lol. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥.

Maximus and Desiree will set your body on fire with this short but intense read. It’s a Cinderella story with a very hot villain and a helpless princess who has no choice but to obey what is coming to her when she is kidnapped at midnight.

I won’t delve too much into this but your panties will be incinerated when
Stephanie S
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whew sweet baby Jesus this one was on fire!! I thought it was going to be longer but it is a quick dirty ready if you are ready for it. So if you love a quickie this one is for you. I loved this one also as it took me back to a side story from Hades and the mountain. I have loved these little gems Amelia Wilde has given us as we wait for the next installment.

I would love to see more to Max and Desiree's story and hopefully we will see them again. I give this one a solid five FLAMES for the quick
Crystal
2.5 stars.
I felt like there was too much inner monologue going on, and not enough interaction between the two characters. There were quite a few errors, not the kind a spellchecker would catch, but incorrect words (shirt instead of shut, I'm instead of in). And finally, I didnt feel or believe enough of what was going on to believe in the fright she should have been experiencing. Overall, it all read as too flat and insta-love, and just didn't work for me.
Ade
Nov 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Amelia Wilde is a new to me author. My first impressions were, all in all, good.

This was a quick erotica story with barely any plot to it. Basically, a girl is kidnapped by an older man who was supposed to deliver her to someone else, but decides to keep her. In order to keep her, he has to make sure that she isn't in "perfect" conditions to be sold. So the whole of the book revolves around three or four sex scenes of the man "destroying" her. With his dick, obviously. In the end, they end up to
Heather Navarre
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful easy to read, short, hot hot book!

I don’t have much to say, I loved it and it’s worth the 5 stars.

Keep writing these delicious dark stories Amelia and I’ll keep reading them!!!!
Ri
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I need more Maximus. This story packed a lot into limited pages. The suspense and mystery piqued my interest. The only problem with it was that it was so short. I was invested because it had a cameo of another favorite, Hades, which is another character I love. Before I knew it the story was over and that made me sad because it was so good up to that point.

A lot of detail is packed into the short story. I wish that it could have been a full book because anything that this author does is
HANNAH (Books, Films, and Tea)

Full review to come! Really short but steamy read. Maximus and Desiree have lots of chemistry and there's a little angst, but it's mostly them being together.
Karin
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Maximus kidnaps Desiree he had no idea what one single glimpse of her would do to him and now there’s nothing he won’t do to keep her and Desiree should be petrified but she’s captivated by him. I enjoyed this book so much I just wish it was longer
Yoneidis Martín Martínez
Desiree returns home after a play at school, the clock is about to strike midnight and she will be 18 years old. They told her long ago that in this day she would meet her destiny. What she found is that a man tied her, gagged her and locked in the trunk of a car. Desiree has been kidnapped. Happy birthday!!
This book is certainly not like the others I read in this series.
His kidnapper, Maximus Prince, has a mission to accomplish, but blinded by desire, he decides to take this little princess to
Lita Thomas
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Taken at Midnight by Amelia Wilde is a a different telling of the age old story of Cinderella. Desiree while walking to a cast party where she played the lead role of Cinderella is kidnapped. Walking in her costume deep in thought since it is almost midnight which will usher in her 18th birthday she doesn't realize when he grabbed her. Maximus is out doing his job. He is to pick up the package and deliver it to it's owner. What he didn't expect was to he enchanted by Cinderella.  A decision need ...more
Deborah Kurniawan
3 ★★★

A crossover between Black Mountain Academy and the Hades trilogy.

Maximus & Desiree
Maximus is assigned to take Desiree to Hades (from the King of Shadows, Summer Queen, and Midnight Kingdom) as a debt payment.
What he doesn't predict is how fast and how hard he falls for Desiree.
Desiree is just a high school kid trying to live by.
She is afraid of Max but she can't help fall for him too.

The story is super short, it's very fast-paced, and it has HEA.
I am very happy to see Hades (his tri
Renee
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Once upon a time, Cinderella left school for a cast party. She never made it. I'm almost to the house when a strong hand closes over my mouth and pull me into the shadows. In the space of an instant, the night has gone from fairy-tale success to my darkest nightmare. He says he'll keep me for tow day. I know he's lying. And worst of all, I might not want to leave.

This book is dark and an insta-love
Valerie (onemorechaptervi)
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a kidnapping story, where the moment the kidnapper’s features are described your immediate reaction was to scream kidnap me please. I volunteer as tribute! Then you spend every chapter where the heroine is either too scared or hates her kidnapper saying to yourself, honey if I was in your place I wouldn’t be upset, in fact lets switch places.

Well, guess what Amelia Wilde delivers just that in Taken At Midnight. Our heroine is kidnapped on her way home from a school play from
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mr. D (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Ruthless (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Mr. Heartbreaker (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Wicked Idol
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • She's Mine (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Heartless (Starcrossed Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Stories of September
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Midnight Sommelier (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Tyrant Twins
  • Inevitable (King Crime Family, #2)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Charity (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Indebted (King Crime Family #1)
Amelia Wilde is a USA TODAY and Amazon Top 100 bestselling author of steamy contemporary romance and loves it a little too much. She lives in Michigan with her husband and daughters. She spends most of her time typing furiously on an iPad and appreciating the natural splendor of her home state from where she likes it best: inside.

Subscribe to Amelia’s private mailing list for updates, giveaways, a

News & Interviews