Start by marking “The Novice” as Want to Read:
The Novice

The Novice

I’m a novice about to take my vows. He’s the embodiment of sin—and the new owner of the convent that’s been my home for the past two years.

I shouldn’t want him. Yet from the moment he walks into Mother Superior's office and threatens to turn Saint Clare into a luxury hotel, all I can think about are those lush lips, tight muscles, and perfect hair. That, and the devil’s ba
Published October 13th 2020 by Grey Eagle Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Novice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Novice

Start your review of The Novice
Mary S.
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! This hottest of a guy could definitely make even a nun sin especially one that is just just beginning. Kegan this man was sinful as they come I just wish this story was a duet pov I would have love to hear and see Kegan thoughts and feelings. The story was still great love every moment of it.
Kelly
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is the first book i have read by Ava Lohan and it won't be my last.
These complicated characters were full of mystery and angst. You could feel that there was a hidden story behind what the author was revealing and that it was going to be spectacular.
I loved the aloofness of Kegan, his desire to be a beast, but had suspected there was more to him.
Rose was so naive, almost frustratingly so at times, but I still felt compassion and sympathy for her.
The Novice was incredibly addictive with intr
R Rais
Oct 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Lynn
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5* Beast Stars

The story of Rose, the novice and Kegan the brothel heir was a rollercoaster of sinful sex. Two weeks from taking her vows, Rose makes a decision, against her will to submit and spend two weeks with Kegan at his sex club Lust in order to save her beloved monastery from being destroyed and a hotel being erected.

The attraction between the two of them was palpable and as much as Rose tried to deny them and keep true to her beliefs she succumbed to her weaknesses. Their chemistry
JustALady
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Ava Lohan and... I LOVE IT!! It was really taken in by the characters. I was intrigued and excited to turn the next page.

I loved the part where Rose found out there was more to Kagan than meets the eye. I won’t spoil anything so you will have to read it to find out but honestly it was so touching.

Don’t get me wrong this book is not a mushy touchy love story. Nope. It is so much more than that. It is sexy, hot, exciting, thrilling. It is great.

I can’t wait to read more
Robin Vroman
no hum

Nothing, I have nothing it was just kind nothing to write home about reading. But do the sample thing, someone else might enjoy the book. Happy reading.
Vidhi Mehta
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So this was my first read from Ava Lohan and I am looking forward to read more from her. I loved how Kegan and Rose were complete polar opposites of each other. I loved the intensity that Kegan and Rose brought. I couldn't put it down. Most definitely worth reading it and worth 5*****
Monadh
Prudishly Victorian - this ain't love

I am afraid this book wasn’t for me. I liked the premise well enough: the young and devastatingly gorgeous owner of a pleasure house pressures a novice who is only weeks away from taking her vows to spend two weeks with him as his sexual plaything in order to save her convent (that he has inherited). My main problem was that this was actually the extent of the action in the book. They have sex, and they talk, but mostly they talk past each other and the sex a
DemetraP
Oct 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
I was unable to like either character. The heroine is 2 weeks away from taking her vows and becoming a nun.

The hero plans to buy her convent for $1 million unless she agrees to go with him and do whatever he wants for 2 weeks. Her priest and mother superior tell her to take the deal and they will resolve her sins in confession. That seems extremely unlikely to me but I kept reading. SPOILER SOPILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
S
S........................................................

She goes t
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
*** 3.5 Steamy Stars ***

The Novice by Ava Lohan is a story about a young woman named Rose who is a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows at the Saint Clare Convent. Two weeks from taking her vows she is forced to make a life altering decision of submitting to a man who lives and breaths sex and sin. Kegan Anderson owns the infamous sex club Lust and was inherited the land of the Convent and plans on building a luxury hotel on top of it. That is unless Rose submits to his every whi
Shani
3.5 Stars

Rose is a woman who has a past that has defined all of her future. She’s made mistakes and carries an unmistakable guilt for moments in her life. It’s what has lead her to being on the brink of taking her vows. But when a deal is brokered for her to be whisked away for a 2 week lesson in submission and sex clubs, she says yes.

Kegan has a very dark past of his own, one that has led him onto his current path. He closes himself off to everyone around him, and only shows what he wants. His
Naya
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Initially what drew me in was the premise/storyline of the book; a young nun days away from taking her vows has to accept a deal whereby she becomes a plaything for the powerful brothel owner in order to save their covenant. Unfortunately, this book was just not for me.

I didn't really like the characters, Rose more so than Keegan, and felt there was little to no chemistry between them. There wasn't really much to the story either with there relationship it was just sex, talk, sex, forced confli
Poppy1102
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The blurb had me instantly intrigued, out of hundreds and hundreds of books, I've never had a storyline like this - a novice nun and a manwhore...top marks for originality!!

We have Rose the Novice, Rose is an orphan after loosing her parents in a horrific car crash, which she has never recovered from, but believes becoming a nun will make her parents proud.
And we have Keagan Anderson who is the new owner of the Convent as he inherited it from his grandfather when he passed away...but Keagan has
Laura Lee
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sit back and read that blurb! Holy hotness with a taboo story. I absolutely thrive on anything taboo. Throw in a young gal getting ready to take her vows and become a nun and I'm in. Icing on the cake a "beast" of a bad boy. The blurb alone hooked me on this book.

While this is a new to me author, she is not new to the writing scene. I know this book was written first in Italian, then in German, now being brought to us in English. In my opinion, the flow of the story gets lost in translation. So
Cheryl
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was well written, and had a different, imaginative very complex storyline with twists, combined with two quite damaged complex characters and chemistry that was off the charts, all off which I usually like and enjoy in a book. However it just didn't seen to hit the mark for me, at times I struggled to understand what Kegan hoped to achieve and his reasoning behind going about it the way he did. Also struggled to develop much investment into the characters because I didn't particularly ...more
GrnEyed
Oct 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: sexy-erotic
If you want steamy scenes, then The Novice is a good book for you. If you have issues with a woman on the brink of taking her vows to become a nun seeing and taking part in some rather steamy scenes, this isn't the book for you.
I struggled reading this book because of the lack of chemistry and connection between Rose and Kegan. So much of it seemed forced. For a bit, I felt like Kegan was bipolar. He'd be happy-ish and then he'd rage. He really wasn't a likable character for a good chunk of the
Myrna Richmond
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very powerful story very raw and shocking and not always easy to read. it is a love story but one that is very dark and full of pain. You have a very young girl who made a lot of mistakes who tries to make up for them by deciding to become a Nun. Then you have a young man who was brought up in a sordid sex club who has completely turned his back on anything good.
When they come together he blackmails her into a two week arrangement of sordid sex to save her convent. he is so charismatic
Avephoenix
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Novice is an intriguing, intense, heart-breaking, and scorching hot read that will get you hooked from the start to end. The story is fast-paced, original, well-written, and with plot twists that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Kegan Anderson has inherit the land in which Sister Rose's Convent is situated. He's planning on demolishing said Convent and built a luxorious hotel instead, crushing Sister Rose's dreams to become a Nun. However, he has a proposition for Sister Rose in exchan
RoseyLovesBooks
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sister Rose Davis is a novice at Saint Clare Convent looking forward to becoming a nun in 2 weeks when her dreams are ripped to shreds by the gorgeous and arrogant Kegan Anderson. Kegan inherited the land when his grandfather died and plans to convert the convent into a luxury hotel. That is, unless Rose spends 2 weeks with him at Lust, his brothel for the elite. Rose agrees and discovers that she wants things that a novice shouldn't want. Is there something else out there for Rose, or will she ...more
Jo
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two weeks from taking her vows Rose finds herself with a dilemma to save the convent.
Enter the devil. Entitled,rich,totally alpha and wanting Rose.
What transpires is a girl with secrets who doesnt feel deserving and a beast with a past that makes his decisions dangerous.
Fatal attraction or happy ever after? The tension,twists and attractions take you on a steamy ride through self loathing,love and guilt.
Great characters, great writing and a real page turner.
I have never read anything by this au
Nanci
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
I received an ARC for my honest review. I started this book wondering if it would be any good since I have never read anything from this Author or any type of book that was about a nun. WOW!! is all I can say! I loved every page and the whole story was so good I couldn't put it down. I have since starting this book read it twice because I didn't want to miss anything. The chemistry between Rose and Kegan is HOT and sweet and everything in between. I am now going to purchase the book just because ...more
Lori Sang
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for a very intriguing storyline. A novice just weeks away from taking her vows get caught up with a bad boy to save the convent. I expected this book to be dark and steamy and it certainly was but IMO there was just something missing that would elevate this book to a 5-star read. Maybe because I didn’t particularly like either of the main characters and in some parts I had a hard time understanding their motivations. All in all, I did enjoy the story.
Cheyenne
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Novice is sinfully sexy. Rose is on her way to becoming a nun. A deal is made and Rose is to spend two weeks with the hunky and confident Kegan before she takes her vows. What happens when Rose discovers a forbidden world that the infamous Kegan brings her into. This book was steamy, taboo, intriguing and titillating. I really enjoyed this story. I rooted for Kegan all the way through. If you are in the mood for a sensual read then this is the book for you.
Tara Conrad
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ava Lohan is a new fresh author voice. The idea of a novice nun falling for a man is oh so wrong, yet oh so steamy.

At times, I had problems connecting with the characters, seeing them as believable.

The storyline was good. Lots of twists and turns and steamy sex scenes.

Overall a good read. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Theresa Doherty
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was powerful, dirty, and so raw. There was Rose about to take her vows when her Mother Superior gives her what can only be described as a task from the Devil for the Devil. Keegan is known as the beast, Rose will see him as the Devil. Ava Lohan tells a story that invites you in freely, but once in you cant leave your mind wont let you. Loved it. I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Christine
Oct 16, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was interesting not exactly what I was expecting though. The characters don't really get interesting until half way through the book when we get their backstory. And the plot twist was predictable. I felt bad for Rose and what had happened to herself as well as Kegan they are both pretty messed up but they end up together in the end. It's was a good read.
Meredith Renner
Oct 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was not as advertised. It just didn't live up to the hype. I don't think this was a good story. The way the book moved forward was disjointed and I felt the anti-hero was a bit ridiculous. He tried to be a bad ass but really missed the mark. I couldn't even understand why the heroine was falling for him at all. I must say I was disappointed.
Pam Johnson
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a ARC
My review
I read constantly and when I find a book that has a unique storyline that grabs me I am hooked
Kegan ( Beast) & Rose (Novice) is that hook
Story flows, characters develop through the book
And the sex and guarded enthrall is off the charts
5 stars
Harry
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A novice....
A man who sells his body for money....
Contract....Seduction.... Falling ....Love..... Hurt....
This was a very good story but the only thing I didnot liked is that Kegan continues his business as per usual when the girl is gone.
Sue
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
When I read the blurb for this book, I was excited. I wish you could assign half stars as I would rate this as a 3.5. It was a more unique story with lots of heat and steamy parts. I enjoyed it.

• Diamonds are Forever (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy #3)
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Elegant Sins
  • Pyromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts, #1)
  • Copper (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #2)
  • Stories of September
  • Pyromancist (7 Forbidden Arts, #1, SECOND EDITION)
  • Until the Last Breath
  • Simply Irresistible
  • Dark Fairy Tales
  • My Darling Arrow (St. Mary’s Rebels, #1)
  • El Diablo (The Devil, #1)
  • You Are My Hope (You Are Mine, #2)
  • Crowne Rules
  • Bad Bad Bad
  • Adrik: A Dark Mafia Romance (Dirty Dons Club Book 5)
  • Hawk (Intergalactic Dating Agency / Sky Mates, #1)
  • Dark Notes