Start by marking “The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #3)

The Evolution of Fae and Gods

(Chronicles of the Stone Veil #3)

Evil is coming.

A dark malevolence the likes of which this world has never seen, and it comes straight from the depths of Hell. Darkness meant to destroy. A prophecy I am fated to fulfill but will most likely not survive.

Through it all, Carrick Byrne has stood strong by my side. Something has deeply changed between me and the man I once despised, and all it took was a kiss
Paperback, 1st edition, 438 pages
Published March 23rd 2021 by Big Dog Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Evolution of Fae and Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Evolution of Fae and Gods

Start your review of The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #3)
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
"Putting that distance between us again is the only way to keep my heart secure."
description

The Evolution of Fae and Gods is the third book in the Chronicles of the Stone Veil. Sawyer Bennett has crafted a magical world full of passion, romance, and heart! Finley and Carrick have already been through hell and yet the battle is only beginning. The relationship between Finley and Carrick is growing stronger. Especially now that Finley has a full understanding of exactly who they are to each other,
Dali
I’ve been feeling “angsticipation” ever since I finished the third installment of the Chronicles of Stone Veil. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series because I know in my bookish bones that it’s epic and it’ll go straight to my favorites list.

As with the previous book, The Evolution of Fae and Gods picks up right where the previous book left off. Evil is not only after Finley, it’s goal is to rule the world. Forcing Finley, Carrick and the rest of their motley crew into a deadly r
Sentranced Jem
Shelves: arc-2021, 4-5-stars

Book 3 is already starting with a bang. Literally. Fire, glass shattering. yup. BANG!

I am OBSESSED with The Evolution of Fae and Gods. It’s everything I wanted from book 1 and book 2 (Even though these two were still really good books). More drama, more action and adventure. More ANSWERS! More EVERYTHING!

Speaking of ‘chemistry’, I feel like book 1 and book 2 was all about ‘’the angst’’.I was bursting with anticipation..I was dying because I could feel the AMAZING sizzling attraction between
Nadine Bookaholic
In The Evolution of Fae and Gods, we along with Finley learn more about her powers and what we have seen up to this point was just the tip of the iceberg. The chemistry that has been building up between Finley and Carrick is getting deeper and hotter. I don't want to give anything away so just know that there is a LOT going on in this action packed read.

I cannot stress enough that this series MUST be read in order of release because we are left with cliffhangers and the next book picks up right
Simply Love Book Reviews
Apr 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Each installment of this series is difficult to review on its own since it’s not an individual story. Rather, it’s the next set of chapters in one epic tale, worthy of a mini-series or feature film. Sawyer Bennett has created a world that is so rich and clear, making them utterly fantastic believable. I feel transported to a realm where prophecies are real, demons walk amongst us, and the gods interfere with our fate.

In this third book in the series, we get more background detail on many of the
Lynsey A
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Good googly moogly, the Chronicles of the Stone Veil series is totally hitting its stride with The Evolution of Fae and Gods. Like totally hitting its stride to the point that I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough to see what the heck was gonna happen next with Finley and Carrick.

So many more layers have been peeled back on the prophecy and what just may be Finley’s role. And we find out a bit more about Carrick too. Plus, their romance is getting hot and heavy too. *swoon*

And just when I though
Mick C
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arc
I cannot get enough of this series. Just so much story to read and learn and love. Bring on the next one!!!
Piseog
May 10, 2021 rated it it was ok

I am definitely in the minority with this one. This series is just so blah and lacks that excitement or originality I want. There is nothing compelling about it, because the world-building is messy and full of holes, and the protagonist Finley is just plain unlikeable to me. She makes stupid mistakes over and over; when she almost died at the end of book 2 by leaving the house without telling anyone you'd think she learned her lesson. She even says she'll never do it again. Well, she do
Three Chicks
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

At the end of Book 3 (Secrets and Fate), Finely is facing death from what was once her twin sister Fallon. This book opens with Carrick coming to Finley’s rescue, and in this book, relationship for the two takes a new direction.

So, this is going to have to be short and sweet, because I feel like if I could ruin some of the discoveries for other readers. During this book, the connection between Finley and Carrick grows stronger, and it answers a lot of my questions as we
Lisa
Nov 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Ok, that was one hell of a revelation. I love those so much when I'm reading, your reading and your brain is reading as fast as it can and your heart starts beating fast and your thinking about all the things in the story that really snap into place and then you think...brilliant, that was pretty clever. Outside of that reveal, the story is moving along quite nicely. This is a good story and I'm very much enjoying it.
Mia Book Addict
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Finally, I know what happened after the scene that made me scream ‘NO, NO, NO’ for a while and I think the third time was a charm and I didn’t get too crazy when I came face to face with the cliffhanger :) I read the last scene and hoping to read what was next, then BOOM! It was the end, which took me a couple of seconds to realize by the way. I was like ‘No, this can’t be it, went back again to make sure I wasn’t skipping anything :) Thank you Ms. Bennett for making me act like a crazed person ...more
Cathy Geha
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Evolution of Fae and Gods by Sawyer Bennett
Chronicles of the Veil #3

If you have not read books one and two of this series, I highly recommend you do so now before opening book three. This is definitely a series that must be read in order to be fully appreciated. In this book more information is gleaned, Carrick and Finley move their relationship up to the next level, and a whole lot happens that furthers the story and moves the characters toward what Fate has in store for them.

What I liked:
Sandy S
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--THE EVOLUTION OF FAE AND GODS is the third instalment in Sawyer Bennett’s contemporary, adult CHRONICLES OF THE STONE VEIL paranormal/urban fantasy series focusing on twenty-eight year old Finley Porter, and Carrick Byrne. THE EVOLUTION OF FAE AND GODS should not be read as a stand alone as it picks up immediately after the events and cliff hanger of book two A DISCOVERY OF SECRETS AND FATES.

SOME BACKGROUND: All of her life Finley Porter has been treated for hallucinations but days be
Romance Recs
In The Evolution of Fae and Gods we pick up right back where we left off at the end of book 2 of Chronicles of the Stone Veil Series, A Discovery of Secrets and Fate.

This series must be read in order:
The Revelation of Light and Dark (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 1)
A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 2)
The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 3)
A Battle of Blood and Stone (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 4)
The Rise of Fortune and Fury
Aaly
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
*** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. ***

description

Throughout this journey of discovery, search for meaning and fighting against evil forces, Finley would learn that this prophecy was beyond anything she could have imagined.
The story takes shape and all the things we read in the previous books are gaining importance. Of course everything is not revealed and the author managed to add more mystery to one already settled but giving small and subtle clues. I liked it a lot.

Finley gained on maturity a
Avid Reader
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil #3) by Sawyer Bennett
5 stars
M/F Paranormal
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is the third book and you have to read the previous books to understand what's happening.

Book 3 starts where book 2 leaves off. You are still wondering how much of the prophecy is going to be revealed in this book. I was not disappointed in how this book unfolded.

Carrick opens up much more to Finley about who he is, how he has liv
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
This novel is another remarkable and entertaining installment in the Chronicles of the Stone Veil series. Expertly written with an original and captivating storyline, this novel picks up right where the last book left off. True to the previous two books, the author continues to create a fantastical world full of intrigue, suspense, action, and romance. The world building with in these pages is nothing short of phenomenal and I found myself fully engaged in the story. Finley remains a brave and s ...more
Pamela Lilley
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Well! This book has everything you could want in the supernatural department. Action, intrigue, romance, Light Fae, Dark Fae (neither very nice) Daemons, Gods, Demi Gods. All coming together and forming one helluva story. New worlds, different dimensions and of course Carrick and Finlay. I’m loving the dance between them, slow burn is an understatement, and just when you think things possibly could work out. Curveball!! Then there’s The Scooby Gang, I love that reference, and I love that Finlay’ ...more
Renee Entress
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 star

This book pulls you right in. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, lies, and things not of this world.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
The Revelation of Light and Dark (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #1)
A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil #2)

This is even more of Finley’s story. She relies on Carrick but is that safe? She knows he is keeping secrets are they going to harm her in the end? She needs him to help her with not
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is the third installment of the series and you MUST read these in order. Fantastic writing and a well paced story but you can't pick this book up without having read all the previous books.

This book picks up right where book 2 ends. We are finally getting into the meat of this story. Secrets are revealed. The Prophecy is starting to unfold. Finley starts to coax her powers into being useful. Best of all, the tension between Carrick and Finely explodes! Those two are HOT!

Carrick keeps his
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

This is the third book in the Chronicles of the Stone Veil series. You MUST read the first two to be able to follow along in this book. Don't skip - you'll be totally lost.

I will say that this book took a bit for me to get into. It felt like it was dragging on and on until about half way through the book. Then it sped like lightening.

Finley & Carrick are learning lots of information about the prophecy she's expected to fulfill. Their relation
Angie
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Carrick and Finely FINALLY take their relationship to the next level even though it might be a bad idea and we also get more chapters from Carrick's point of view. I'm all about dual point of view for books so I was very pleased that this one had more for Carrick. They are finally figuring what the dark fae's end game is but they are still unsure of how to stop her. And Finley connects with her sister in the Underworld. I couldn't even begin to write about everything that happ ...more
Crystal
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021, march-2021
The twists, the turns...the cliffhanger. Okay, this one wasn’t so bad, because I know it’s not the end, but those twists were something else. And yeah, there might have been a little swooning...I’m more than ready for the next book!
Lora Borzelleca
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
These can not come fast enough!!!! I need the next one NOW lol
Blushing Reader
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
How can I wait 2 weeks?! Damn this series and it’s addicting storyline! Just when I get answers mire questions arise 🤣
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Trust me, I know longer series can be tough to stick with, but I'm 100% invested in this one! Book 3 is THE book everyone has been waiting for, trust me, it's sooooooooo worth it.

We simply we get more of everything in Book 3 and now there's a fight against time. And that will put you on the edge of your seat for this entire read. I honestly have no idea what the end game will be because Sawyer keeps throwing all sorts of things at us.

Finley is coming around more into herself and constantly learn
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This series keeps getting better and better. The new characters getting introduced are just amazing, the plot keeps thickening, and you don't know where you're going to end up next. I am absolutely enthralled by this series. I can't wait to see what happens next.

~Clare💜
Geri
Oct 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the book that brings everything together. Questions answered, people brought together, history learned. The ending though, my heart!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hot Stuff
  • Beneath the Stars (Falling Stars, #4)
  • One Time Only (One Time Only, #1)
  • Like You Love Me (Honey Creek, #1)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • The Dream Guy Next Door (Guys Who Got Away, #5)
  • The Rookie (The Intelligence Unit, #1)
  • The Office Party (Holiday Homecoming, #1)
  • Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch
  • Diana:  A Tribute to the People's Princess
  • Diana
  • Wild Jasmine (O'Malley Saga #6)
  • The Kadin
  • Philippa (The Friarsgate Inheritance #3)
  • The Last Heiress
  • This Heart of Mine (O'Malley Saga, #4)
  • Love Slave
  • Until You (The Friarsgate Inheritance #2)
See top shelves…
New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Sawyer Bennett uses real life experience to create relatable stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From contemporary romance, fantasy romance, and both women’s and general fiction, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone.

A former trial lawyer from North Carolina, when she is not bringing fiction to life, Sawyer

Chronicles of the Stone Veil (5 books)
  • The Revelation of Light and Dark (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #1)
  • A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #2)
  • A Battle of Blood and Stone (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #4)
  • The Rise of Fortune and Fury (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #5)

News & Interviews

Mahogany L. Browne is the author of Chlorine Sky, Woke: A Young Poets Call to Justice, Woke Baby, and Black Girl Magic. She's also the...