Start by marking “A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #2)

A Discovery of Secrets and Fate

(Chronicles of the Stone Veil #2)

Life as I knew it ended the day I accepted my fate.

In its place is an existence even the wildest imagination could never fathom. Strange creatures walk among us, plotting our demise, and I’ve come to find that the fate of our world rests squarely on my shoulders. We’re all in danger and I’m trying to figure out how to make it through each day.

The key to my survival is a ma
Paperback, 1st edition, 406 pages
Published March 2nd 2021 by Big Dog Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Discovery of Secrets and Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Discovery of Secrets and Fate

Start your review of A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #2)
✰ Liz ✰
"Do immortals sleep?"
description

A Discovery of Secrets and Fate is the second book in the Chronicles of the Stone Veil. Sawyer Bennett has created a world where good and evil are at war and the stakes are high for those who want to survive! Finley is seeking the truth about her powers and her sister. Despite her torn feelings for Carrick, she cannot seem to stay away from him. Although he seems to want her as well, something is holding him back. As the forces of evil continue to grow in strength, Carri
Sentranced Jem
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2021

I think people who plan to start this series should know that the story so far has been going at a steady pace…it’s not slow burn, neither is there a lot happening in a short amount of time. I have to say I’m enjoying the pace. I’m getting to understand the characters better, my bond with these characters is building in a slow, natural steady pace.

Let’s talk about Finley cause this girl is a tough woman and on most occasions, so fearless.I felt Finley’s frustrations with everything that’s
Dali
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
With A Discovery of Secrets and Fate, Sawyer Bennett continues her romantic fantasy series that has rich world building and fascinating magic, edged with thrilling suspense.

A Discovery of Secrets and Fate picks up where The Revelation of Light and Dark left off. Finley Porter knew life wouldn’t be the same when she accepted her special abilities to see other worldly creatures walking the Earth.

On her twenty eighth birthday though, fate throws her another twist when those powers are heig
Lady Heather
Publication Date: March 2, 2021

"5- All is not as it seems, stars!"

This is the second book in the "Chronicles of the Stone Veil" pentalogy, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying this series.

In A Discovery of Secrets and Fate there is more emphasis on character development and world-building.
Carrick and Finley are set to travel to Faere, and the author did a wonderful job of describing the land the Queen of the Light Fae has created, and the dynamics of their society.

The story's writing
Nadine Bookaholic
I must stress that this series needs to be read in the order it is released to enjoy it at it fullest. The first book The Revelation of Light and Dark left us with a whopper of a cliffhanger and this book picks up right where that one left off.

I found this story a bit more enjoyable and I think it was because of everything going on, and there is a lot! The chemistry is getting stronger between Carrick and Finley and I cannot wait to see if they get their HEA. We find out a bit more about Carrick
Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic
After the way The Revelation of Light and Dark ended, I was pretty desperate to find out what would be next for Carrick and Finley. Would there be a huge confrontation with the new big bad dark fae in town? Would Finley find out just what her role is in the prophecy? And just what in the heck was Carrick?

While many of my questions were answered and while I got answers to questions I didn't even ask, I'm left at the end of A Discovery of Secrets and Fate with a confused look on my face. Knowing w
Simply Love Book Reviews
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am simply loving the Chronicles of the Stone Veil series, and this second book pulls the reader deeper into the mysteries surrounding the prophesy that Finley Porter is destined to fulfill.

In the first story, we met Finley, and alongside her, we learn that the world is not as it seems. Dark and Light Fae, as well as demons, walk among us, and Finley must come to terms with the fact that her ability to see through the disguises that these creatures wear makes her unique. Assisted by the wealthy
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
Unfortunately, this one didn't work for me. While I love the descriptions of Seattle, love Carrick's character, and the interaction with the Gods, there wasn't much of a plot arc here. It reads fairly flat until the last ten percent. Adding to that, Finley's character seems to have turned into a weepy, immature, irrational person. Her actions in this book venture into TSTL territory. For me, it was a vast departure from the ambitious, intelligent woman with a hard-won sense of self.

I'm on the fe
Rebecca Elizabeth
DNF I’m throwing in the towel with this series. I have tried to get and stay invested but things are moving so slowly storyline wise. I get it but at the same time I feel like it’s just a little too slow.
Cathy Geha
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Discovery of Secrets and Fate by Sawyer Bennett
Chronicles of the Stone Veil #2

This is definitely a series one needs to read in order. In book one, The Revelation of Light and Dark, we met Finley, Carrick, and the main players of the series. On Finley’s 28th birthday, she and Fallon (her twin) had a big party that ended up with a BIG surprise that leaves the reader wondering, “What next?” In this book we pick up with Finley and she is in denial, needs a break, and is unwilling to take on the “p
Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Discovery of Secrets and Fate is the second book in the Chronicles of the Stone Veil series by Sawyer Bennett. The book is not a stand-alone so I'd suggest reading the first book before picking up this one. I didn't and read ADOSAF without having read the other book and for a couple of chapters, I was lost. It wasn't very difficult to understand what was happening and after a while, I was reading the book as if I had. The book ends with a cliffhanger, but considering that we know that 3 more b ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Well, well, well . . . things are getting quite a bit more heated in the second book of the Chronicles of the Stone Veil and I like it! A lot . . .

A Discovery of Secrets and Fate picks right up just where The Revelation of Light and Dark ended and takes off running.

In A Discovery of Secrets and Fate, we learn quite a bit more about Carrick. And a bit more about Finley’s abilities. And, whoa, do we learn a whole lot about what’s happened to Finley’s sister.

But the best part is the sizzle and sim
JC
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was ok
After the slow first book, I thought the pace would have picked up in this one. NOPE.

Instead, it was somehow even more terrible.

Finley is one of the most stupid, gullible and annoyingly stubborn characters I've had the misfortune of reading. She never learns her lesson and somehow gets more ridiculous.🙄
Rebecca
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
In the Revelation of Light and Dark, Finley’s life as she knew it was unequivocally rocked to its core, not just with the truth behind the veil and the fact that there are creatures among us, looking to destroy the world as it is, but also because accepting her new fate, her new way of life means putting her trust in a man that she barely knows and one who holds so many secrets of his own that it’s no telling how things will turn out.

In book two, A Discovery of Secrets and Fate, Sawyer Bennett o
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
With the intricate world building, dark and light fae, mystery, and a lot of doubt (mostly on Finley's part), this series is so good, and I just want more all the time!
This installment was slower paced than the first one, but it also contained a lot of new information, so that was all good to me.
Finley is in a difficult situation on more than one level, and I have no idea what will happen next - because this one ended on a huge cliffy!
Michelle
*Note: This is the second book in a series that is best enjoyed if read in order. If you are new to the series, you can check out my review of book one HERE*

A Discovery of Secrets and Fate is the second book in the new adult/adult fantasy romance series, called Chronicles of the Stone Veil, by Sawyer Bennett. I absolutely loved book one- The Revelation of Light and Dark. It gripped me like a book has not done in a long time. While I didn't think it was possible, I loved book two even more than b
Jill
Oct 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three Chicks
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

At the end of book one, Finley was celebrating her twenty-eight birthday with her twin sister Fallon when she witnesses something evil take over the body of her sister. In this second installment, there are more questions than answers and Finley will have to rely on Carrick Byrne more than she ever thought she would.

Along with Carrick, Zaid, and Titus Finley now has her friends to help her. A tragic event convinced her that she should open up to her friends and tell the
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Return to a world where magic and unbelievable is real, and a foretold prophecy may mean the end of the world.

We left Finley and Carrick upon the discovery of some horrific news at the end of the first book. I was really excited to jump into the second chapter of this brand new world, but honestly the first half of the book was a little slow. However, I didn't give up because I love the entire premise of this entire series and the second half is where all of the action really lied where it ends
WycEd Reader

Check out our full post for A DISCOVERY OF SECRETS AND FATE on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆☆☆
M/F Paranormal

You have to read book one in the series to understand what’s happening. And while book one wasn’t my favorite, I am SO glad that I read book two.

Finley and Carrick now have to figure out how to solve their questions from book one. Finley will face unrelenting challenges and Carrick will show more of himself.

I am so happy that in book two, you get t
Caroline F
O.M.GEEEE! Things are ramping up as secrets are revealed about Carrick, Finley's own history, her growing powers, as well as her role in the fate of the world.

”There’s a prophecy of doom, and you’re an integral part in thwarting it.”

As Finley struggles with the news that she has a pivotal role to play in the future of the world, she continues to hone her fighting skills. She also struggles with the secrets that she’s keeping from her best friends. When she gets a wake-up call that nothing in her
Erin Lewis
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 Star review of A Discovery of Secrets & Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil #2) by Sawyer Bennett

Firstly if you have not read The Revelation of Light and Dark, then you need to stop and do so as this series needs to be read in order. If you are a fan of fantasy or paranormal romances this is for you.
As with the first book I was a little surprised at how much I enjoyed this story. Continuing the journey that Finley Porter and Carrick Byrne have embarked on. Finley is still struggling to come t
Lita Thomas
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
A Discovery of a Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of The Stone Veil # 2) by Sawyer Bennett. The story picks up with Finley being a ball of confusion and her emotions are all over the place. She doesn't know how she feels about everything that is going on in her life as well as what her place is in regards to the prophecy. I struggled with this story in book 1 but now I can see that that book was laying the groundwork for the story. So glad I stayed with it. This book was so good. As Finley is trying ...more
Samantha Turbyfill
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Yall thought that first cliffhanger was crazy HAH!

My goodness this is not where Finley saw or wanted her life to go. Carrick is not helping matters continuing to be so secretive but also looking like a damn snack--the tension!

After the chaos of the last ending Finley finds herself wanting out of this madness that her life has turned into being able to see beyond the veil. This leads unfortunately to her and her friends being in danger. Finely is going to suffer heart ache and decide to go all i
Elizabeth Clinton
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Once again Sawyer Bennett has you wanting more. A Discovery Of Secrets & Fate has us learning more about what Finley is about to endure and hoping that Carrick is the man she can trust to lead her to the answers she needs.
There is so much we need to learn but what we know is that Finley is about to become entrenched in a world that will have her having more questions then answers, but watching it all unfold will have you on the edge of your seat. With each book in this amazing world you can’t h
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
This series is just getting better and better. The story is unfolding a bit more, questions are being answered and tension is rising between Finley and Carrick...to the point where I’m frustrated.

There’s a little truth bomb that I refuse to accept ... bahhhh, I really need that next book.

Can’t wait to see what’s to come!

Full review to come!
Piseog
May 09, 2021 rated it liked it
You can forgive the first book in a series of a lot of things, because you are getting to know the world and the characters, and it's okay of you don't understand or know everything. The promise of what's to come can be exciting. Well, unfortunately the second book in this series didn't have all that to help and I was just disappointed with it. The world-building is a bit convoluted. We have fae, fallen angels and demons and then we have gods of fate and humanity. Just pick one. It was confusing ...more
Lynsey A
This series still has me sucked into it. We find out more interesting things in this story. We find out why Finley is the way she is and why (view spoiler). We also get more movement on the Carrick and Finley front. There's always been a little bit of something between the two of them, even in the first book but Finley's dislike of Carrick was so much she pushed it to the side.

Anyway, I liked this one and we do get to see a bit of a protective side
Gin
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fantastic fantasy! This picks up after that OMG ending of the first story and Finley is devastated by the revelation and the loss of a loved one. There's added danger as Finley decides she's had enough and turns her back on Carrick and her "destiny." But good old hot hunk doesn't let up. He's there to protect her at all costs. A tragic event has our girl back in the mix to take hold and have a say in the outcome. The visuals in this story are fabulous as Finley and Carrick take a trip to another ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Mafia Casanova
  • The Strike Out (The Brentwood Boys, #7)
  • Duke I'd Like to F...
  • The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business #1)
  • The Office Party (Holiday Homecoming, #1)
  • The Naughty Pine
  • Wicked as Lies (Zyron & Tessa, #1; Wicked & Devoted, #3)
  • My Brother's Roommate (Frisky Business, #2)
  • Tempted Heir (The Heirs #7)
  • One Time Only (One Time Only, #1)
  • Truth Be Told (Blackbridge Security, #4)
  • Operation K-9 Brothers (Operation K-9 Brothers #1)
  • Eye Candy (Fighting for Love #3)
  • The Boy on the Bridge
  • Every Breath You Take (Bayou Devils MC, #3)
  • It Ends Tonight (Bayou Devils MC #4)
  • Wicked Games (Bayou Devils MC, #8)
  • Addicted to Love (Bayou Devils MC, #2)
See top shelves…
New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Sawyer Bennett uses real life experience to create relatable stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From contemporary romance, fantasy romance, and both women’s and general fiction, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone.

A former trial lawyer from North Carolina, when she is not bringing fiction to life, Sawyer

Chronicles of the Stone Veil (6 books)
  • The Revelation of Light and Dark (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #1)
  • The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #3)
  • A Battle of Blood and Stone (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #4)
  • The Rise of Fortune and Fury (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #5)
  • The Shadow Princess (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #6)

News & Interviews

Summer reading time has arrived, and for the serious reader that means it’s time to enact a game plan. There are just too many good books,...