Start by marking “Storm Unbound (Fallen Power, #1)” as Want to Read:
Storm Unbound (Fallen Power, #1)

Storm Unbound

(Fallen Power #1)

Can a washed-up recruit find himself and his way home?

Tristan never wanted to be a Bolstered soldier. He wanted the easy city life.

Now he is stuck in a land filled with wild women, exotic magic, and dark dangers. His beautiful commander—his only way back and the one person with any faith in him—has caught the eye of a freakish crime lord backed by shadowy powers.

Tri

Published August 31st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Storm Unbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Unbound

Start your review of Storm Unbound (Fallen Power, #1)
Steve
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one had a rough start, with the MC wallowing in misery and drunken incompetence, which nearly led to me giving up on it very early on.

Fortunately that was merely the start state to get the story where it was going, and I found the rest of it quite engaging. I found myself caring what happened to these characters, and if you can do that in a well-written story I'll stick with it. Probably a 4.5 as it wasn't quite great, but the rounding up is justified based on my engagement with the story.
James
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a surprisingly good read.

I enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would. I really liked the MC and the secondary characters are interesting and the fleshing out of their backstory was good. The pacing was good and I enjoyed how the author worked to develop the plot and suck me into the story. Overall I enjoyed it a great deal.
Steven Naylor
Nov 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Rating 3.0 stars

This was okay. With harem fantasy books there is always the balance between the story and the sex. Does the sex make sense in the setting provided? Do the relationships? What about the timing? Then there is the difference between the act itself and talking about the act. It is somewhat of a balancing act between a fantasy book and erotica. The difference in my mind between those types of books is that in erotica, the whole point is about sex and the story is just there to delive
Curtis
Jan 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Good Characters, Plot, World

This first book swiftly (and deftly) introduces you to the characters and their issues, then adds mysteries, action and “action” to that. Then it proceeds to nicely toss in a super-plot that promises some amazing things. Nicely done. It’s an action-harem to be sure, but different from similar stories. It (at least this first book) leans more on characters and story than it does the sex, which I applaud. This could be a good series. I’m heading for book two. If you’re
Chris Kuntz
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Example of the best in the HaremLit genre

What I love about this book is that all the characters evolve as they experience the trials and wins that occur during the story. That not every fight is won and the MC only succeeds with help from others. I like that it took the whole book for the team to come together, showing pacing and building out the world the characters live in. I will be buying the second book as soon as it comes out!
Jarrett
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exploring the world with Mc...

And companions. This is one book of what is planned to be at least 4 or 5 and it is a brilliant start. The world is an interesting one, full of intrigue and relics that grant peoples powers. The Mc Tristan is introduced to a whole new world, coming from a place where there is only one power without knowledge of the others. A great read if you have the time.
John Czachor
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very good story line and characters..

Enjoyed the new direction of this book. Would liked a little background on the fallen and the powers and the overall description of the Fallen vessel, also the Horizon ...Would have led to a 5 star..Explain the Bolstered powers..can't wait for book 2, hopefully this is not a one of due to lack of reviews...
Joshua Kurtz
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book. Tristan starts out as a loser type,but gets his head on straight pretty fast. There’s a lot of action and the opponents are easy to dislike. Tristans character build is worth waiting for. I’m looking forward to more of this series
Bruce Martin
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Neat take on magic

Well thought out story with good pacing. I liked that the hero seems quite flawed initially. The back story looks to be quite complicated but definitely thought out. Looking forward to the next book.
Ernest Chamberlain  II
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

As with most I read this type of book for the romp that they are. But in this book I found a story line that I would enjoy with just fade to blacks instead of details. If that isn't a good recommendation I don't know what is.
Gregory
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great start to new series

Enjoyed the MC’s development. He has issues he is working through and cars for those around him. The harem premise is interesting and works with the story without being over the top. Definitely reading the sequel!
Justin Ortowski
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

This book was a blast to read! The characters are interesting, each with their own backstories and goals. The mysteries surrounding Gifts had a way of pulling you in and making you want to know more.
Donald L
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Weak, lazy, fat MC

The 1st 3 chapters describe a weak, lazy, and fat man character. Guess what, he stays weak for 28 more chapters. The bulk of the book is him spending weeks trying to get back his kidnapped girlfriends while thinking about brothels. Lazy people stay lazy.
Tracy S McCoy
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great first book!!

A truly engaging enjoyable and entertaining story!! The characters and their interaction is first rate!! You can't go wrong with this adult fantasy adventure!!! More please
Jeff
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was very surprised...

The quality of this novel, the pacing, plot and characters, where much better then I expected. It was similar to Wild Wastes in quality. Which means it was excellent!

I will definitely be continuing the series!
Zayn Bakir
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful group of characters

Love the whole group makeup and how they counter each other weaknesses and I have a feeling the gang will grow even more by next book.
Sam
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not bad

Pretty good story.The characters were written well and defined.I love a good villain.And this book delivered well on that aspect.
Andrew J.
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Surprising good

I was skeptical of this book at first but the story was well thought out and entertaining. The MC developed well and grew into a likable character.
Ryan Cross
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Very entertaining. It could get bogged down quickly. I hope the author can write more books with the same pacing and action.
Rhys Anderson
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Bring new and different powers to play in this book had me ingrossed from the first page, only sad point is I finished it in a day. Looking forward to the next book
Bradley Harris
Oct 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
Nope

Before even finishing the first chapter I hate the MC. The dude is childish, good for nothing drunkard that thinks he is funny and charming. Nope. Peace out.
John D
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun start

This is a good book. You shouldy read it. I like the story. The characters are fun. The book is a good read. i enjoyed it alot.. Download or buy it today. why not?
Shaun
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Good Read

There was something about the rhythm of this book that had me hesitant at first, however after a couple chapters this became a page turner. I enjoyed this read.
Niffler
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, erotic
Enjoyable read, but that start is rough. it feels like trying to get on a full speed train. There is backstory/context missing. I'll read the next and hope more will be explained! ...more
Jonathan Jeffrey
Feb 16, 2021
Jon Stelter
Feb 17, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Heretic Spellblade (Heretic Spellblade, #1)
  • The Scarlet Cavern (The Makalang 1)
  • The Honor of Duty
  • Mana Master (A Mage's Cultivation, #1)
  • First Steps (Descend, #1)
  • The Duelist (The Duelist, #1)
  • A New Path: The Giseria Chronicles Book 1
  • Dragon Breeder (Dragon Mage Academy, #1)
  • Lightfoot
  • Training (Champion, #1)
  • Mana Beast (A Mage's Cultivation Book 2)
  • Monster Girl Mountain
  • Jungle King
  • Dragons of Asgard (Dragons of Asgard, #1)
  • Lost Bonds (Binding Words Book 6)
  • Creation Mage (War Mage Academy, #1)
  • Tournament (Champion, #2)
  • Monster's Mercy  2 (Monster's Mercy, #2)
Leo writes pulp fantasy and science fantasy adventure novels. He lives with his wife and dog. In his spare time, he digs in the earth and climbs things.

Fallen Power (2 books)
  • Shade's Edge (Fallen Power, #2)