Start by marking “Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)” as Want to Read:
Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)

Deviant

(Black Mountain Academy)

Black Mountain Academy was my only choice. It was meant to be freedom. But with those watchful eyes, it’s anything but the fresh start I crave.

When you’re good, nobody ever remembers. But when you’re bad, they can’t stop reminding you. I was labelled a rebel, a party girl, a nuisance, even a… never mind, you don’t need to know that.

That all changed when he gave me a labe
Published October 21st 2020 by Dani René Books

Start your review of Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)
K
3 ‘Hello, Monster. Have you come out to play?’ STARS!!!

D E V I A N T /ˈdiːvɪənt/; departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behaviour.

“A deviant with angel’s wings,” I muse. “You have no idea what you’re doing. Playing adult games, and you’re only a nineteen-year-old girl. I was being nice giving you a lift home, but—”

“I thought you weren’t nice. Make up your mind about what you want, Mr. Donati.” She whispers my name with condescending sweetness.’

Well, then.
I d
25 Readings Or More
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5

Arabella is far from a good girl, but when her last mistake take an ugly turn she is forced to go to Black Mountain to live with her aunt and to finish school. It's not what she want but maybe a new start is what she need to be better.
One history lesson it's what it takes to prove her wrong.
Elian Donati, her history teacher, is handsome, dark, sinful, dominant, forbidden, yet she can't help but crave his attention, his touch....
However Elian has many secrets, dangerous ones and Arabella is
myo (myonna reads)
Oct 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: smut, dark-romance
nah this book was fucked up. at first i didn’t like it because it felt unrealistic considering it was 5 chapters in and he was already saying he was interested in her but as the story went on it got better. i don’t really like teacher/student relationship books but this one was good. plus the smut was immaculate. but at the same time i’m not convinced by the romance? like there’s a point where someone asks if he (the love interest) loves her and he responds with how much he likes having sex with ...more
Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads-pic

I Know That You Have Daddy Issues
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
She's a Deviant, and he's been sent to put her in her place. It's forbidden, and they should know better. But they don't. Secrets lurk. Monsters await. Let the games begin.

Oh, man. What did I just read! I went in having semi-read the blurb. I was so fascinated by the beautiful cover. Arabella is relatable, fun
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor The man is a complete dickhead. But I want him more than anything."

“Deviant” is a standalone romance by the best selling author Dani Rene under the Black Mountain academy series. Told in dual perspectives , from the characters to the plotline , everything was perfect about this book!

God , I am so obsessed with this Back Mountain Academy series , It is not even funny!! This book was another masterpiece of this series and I absol
chary ❀

At first I don't have any inkling how the story will take off. Multiple POV arcs, I appreciate the build-up and the reversal facet that was thrown into the story, yet, when everything comes concurrently it felt anticlimactic and lackluster, and I just didn't care for it.

Kelly
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, dark, taboo
Deviant was such an intense and fabulous story. This dark, forbidden and taboo tale takes the reader on a voyage of lies, deceit, and so many secrets that the subplots are just as enticing as the main characters interactions.
I loved this story from the first chapter to the last!
Tammy
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read! Elian and Arabella, two broken souls, that think they will never find happiness, both a bit lost in life. This story captured my attention in the first chapter, and I couldn't put it down until I was completely done. It has everything a reader wants in a book, a dark suspenseful, a tad taboo (but not over the top) and some seriously steamy scenes. One of the best from Dani Rene so far.
Mirjam
Sep 16, 2020 marked it as to-read

Part of A multi-author series of standalone books filled with drama, angst, love, lust, and everything in-between, The Black Mountain Academy Series

Black Mountain Academy. From the outside, it may look perfect and ideal—school uniforms, exemplary teachers, privileged students. But anyone on the inside could tell you about the debauchery, the scandals, the drama, the forbidden–taboo–romances. Because where Black Mountain Academy is concerned… never judge a book by its cover.
Simona  (Adventures after tea)
I was so excited for this book and now I'm a little dissapointed. I don't say that is was bad but I expected something else. For a teacher/student book, it didn't gave me that feeling of forbidden, that struggle of the characters to try to hide their realationship.
I was a little confused at the begining, I didn't know where the story was heading. There were moments where I thought that we going to get a love triangle (I hate those) and even it were moments when I thought that the characters are
 Mary ❤️ DBO
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deviant
(Black Mountain Academy) by
Dani René

5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well... This book was what I needed. Just PERFECT for me and for my DEVIANT mind.
I love everything taboo and age gap, teacher romance, forbidden romance and that's it.
My fantasy came true, literally. I wish it came true in my real life too.

Arabella's life has been turned upside down by her family. She is forced to leave away to Black Mountain Academy to escape her darkness and start a new life, after all the bad things that she has done
hala
Oct 24, 2020 added it
I don’t even wanna talk about it.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
[image error]

*Ku Read

There is nothing I have read from Dani that I have not loved and devoured right away. Deviant is the same. I fell in love with this story from start to finish. Dani wraps us up in a story of twists and turns, a little bit of darkness, and steam of love that comes out of Elian and Arabella that both fight with every breath they make.

I will say that Arabella for everything that she has been through I did not expect her to be as fun and mouthy as she was to Elian. These two a
Nikki  Malan
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deviant by Dani Rene
Arabella’s life is coming down around her. The good girl gone bad, caught in an act that has repercussions, and the only way to keep her out of deeper trouble, is to send her to Black Mountain Academy. But Arabella seems to attract trouble with a capital T, and her latest attraction is to the enigmatic, controlled, but oh so very sexy History teacher. Elian takes one look at the alluring Arabella and knows he has a problem on his hands. He also knows that not all ideas go acc
Joy Westerfield
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible story! Prepare yourself for a wild, dark ride into the world of Black Mountain! The story of Elian and Arabella will hold you captive from beginning to end! When something happens in Arabella’s life, she is sent to Black Mountain Academy, where she meets Elian. There is something dark and mysterious about him but he is someone she can never be involved with. When Elian first sees Arabella, he feels a connection with her like no other, but she is forbidden, or is she?

These two
oritty: books and i (tilayov)
IMG-20201025-095733-679

I make the rules, you obey. I'm the extreme dominant man and I like things done in a certain way"
"I want your words, your eyes, and every other part of you"
Arabella has to go through her senior year of high school all over again – she has been bad – she did not follow the rules and she has gotten herself in a bad place so she is sent to Black mountain academy to change her ways only she rebels all over again and this time to sever consequences but she has no one to turn to
Her mother does not
Lilith  Seven
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK: DEVIANT BY DANI RENE

GENRE:CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE.
AUTHOR: DANI RENE.
TYPE: STANDALONE...A PART OF BLACK MOUNTAIN ACADEMY SERIES.
POV: DUAL POV...
my Rating: 5 TABOO Stars.

Arabella has her whole life uprooted...losing the only person who has ever loved her for her has scarred her for life. Newly moved from city life to a small town, Black Mountain...she has to start anew. She is far from a good girl but maybe she can change herself...
But one Class with a hot teacher is all
SheReads
I am so disappointed.

I was so looking forward to reading this book and it turns out to be something completely different than I had in mind. I didn't even finish this book. It started off all jumbled, and the past/present was just confusing. It didn't make sense. Then you get to chapter 7ish and the hero's foster brother kisses the main girl who admits to also liking him and then he admits to doing threesomes with him? I don't get it. Not my cup of tea.

Renee
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Black Mountain Academy was my only choice. It was meant to be freedom. But with those watchful eyes, it's anything but the fresh start I crave. When you're good, nobody ever remembers. But when you're bad, they can't stop reminding you. I was labelled a rebel, a party girl, a nuisance, even a...never mind, you don't need to know that. That all changed when he gave me a label. I submitted to the nickna
Gsmitty
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Deviant by Dani Rene is set in the Black Mountain Academy world and let me tell you, where's my letter of invitation? Where can I apply to attend? Because this story was EPIC!

Arabella is quite the character! Young and impressionable, yet simultaneously wise and experienced beyond her years. A fascinating dichotomy that really drew me in, wanting to know more about her, what made her tick, what captivated her. And like her, I was absolutely mesmerized by a certain teacher's icy stare.

Elian Donat
Lita Thomas
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Deviant : Black Mountain Academy by Dani Rene. Arabella has grown up in the public life. Her father is a senator and her mother is an uncaring narcissistic woman who only cares about herself. Rebellion has been something she did but all she ever wanted was to be loved. Now her father is dead and she has no choice but to be shipped off to her aunt and Black Mountain Academy. Arabella has decided to take this chance to get her life together. What she didn't expect was to walk into History class an ...more
2OCC Reviews
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
The moment I first started reading this story I was instantly hooked. I have loved every book in this series so far and this book was another great addition. The forbidden relationship between these two made this an incredibly enjoyable read.

Arabella has had her whole life uprooted and she is trying to come to terms with her new life.

Elian knew what he wanted and did what he had to in order to get it. I really enjoyed the mysterious persona he gave of within the story.

This story wa full of forb
Marlys Cruz
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Deviant by Dani Rene was a steamy teacher/student book that left me wanting more once I finished! It may first seem as any other teacher/student forbidden love story but the whole purpose of why Elian persuaded Arabella left me in shock for a short while. I usually can tell what’s going to be biggest plot twist while reading a book, but I can guarantee everyone who reads this will be in for a treat. I definitely recommend this book for anyone who loves this forbidden genre.
Jessica Roessler
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deviant by Dani Rene is part of the Black Mountain Academy series that includes stories from all different authors. So far, the stories I have read in this series have been amazing. Deviant included. Unique. Addicting. Intense. &was just a complete mindf*ck…but in the best of ways.
So far, I have noticed that these stories within this series have all come with a bit of a forbidden and dark tone, and it completely meets my fancy. Dani Rene takes you on a ride with Deviant, and Mr. Donati. Mystery,
Tanya
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-groups
I've found my newest favorite bbf. It is Elian Donati. If I had him as my history teacher I would have had and A+++. His dirty talk and dominating personality had me blushing everywhere while reading. Ok so now that I got that out of the way let me talk about the story itself. It was not just the panty-melting scenes that kept me turning the pages. The way the author also kept me wanting to know more about Arabella. She wasn't just another "broken" romance heroine. She was strong, resilient and ...more
Tre Talbot
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book, from the first chapter I was pulled in and wanted to know everything about both Elian and Arabella and their background stories. I felt an instant connection to both of these characters and it only intensified the further I got into the book. We’re given a story that is filled with suspense, romance and a bit of frowned upon actions in some eyes. The little tidbits in between the chapters had my mind going wild, I had no idea where things were heading and I loved being kept ...more
Tracey
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh yea I just finished reading this book and Dani rock this book . I truly enjoyed the story plot. The connection between the characters will leave you wanting more. This book is steamy with a good plot to read. I am not going to spoil anything check out this book .
Karin
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Elian and Arabellas story was a addicting teacher/student. Arabella is sent to Black Mountain Academy as a punishment and in a attempt to get her in line but she isn’t a girl who likes to be told what to do and when she meets Elian they both feel a connection and they both know there’s something much more mysterious lurking beneath the surface
Jennifer Pierson
Dani Rene is an instant one click for me so I don't even read the descriptions anymore. I'm not a fan of the whole taboo teacher/student trope, especially when the student is in high school, yet, I couldn't put Deviant down after I started it because I didn't pay attention to the description. Arabella has made many mistakes already in her young life, which has led her to be sent to Black Mountain Academy to finish her senior year out, with her secrets held close to the vest. Elian is one of her ...more
Tre Talbot
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Taken at Midnight
  • Mayhem At Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #3)
  • Out of Love
  • Callum's Hell
  • Madman's Method (Madman Duet, #1)
  • Vibe
  • Cruel Crown (Sekten #2)
  • Luring Light (Royal Bastards MC: Tampa, FL, #2)
  • Watch Me (Phoenix, #1)
  • American Street Kings Box Set
  • Sully's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.1)
  • Dominic (Made Men, #8)
  • Wicked Princess (Royal Hearts Academy, #3)
  • The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)
  • No Love Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #5)
  • Hypothetically
  • Crowne Rules
  • Leo (The Zodiac Queen, #5)
Dani is a USA Today Bestselling Author of dark and deviant romance with a seductive edge.

Originally from Cape Town, South Africa, she now lives in the UK with her better half who does all the cooking while she writes all the words.

When she's not writing, she can be found binge-watching the latest TV series, or working on graphic design either for herself, or other indie authors.

She enjoys readin

Black Mountain Academy (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • She's Mine (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Ruthless (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Hate Me
  • The Pretender (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Charity (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Untamed King (Black Mountain Academy)

News & Interviews