Start by marking “Interrupting Starlight (Before The Fall Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Interrupting Starlight (Before The Fall Book 1)

Interrupting Starlight

(Before The Fall #1)

The human composed a song in his heart, a pull he couldn’t ignore, a draw that demanded further exploration—

When he answered a distress call, L’Den hadn’t expected to find one of the Invaders waiting for him. The tug he feels on his soul is even more surprising, drawing him closer to the woman, in spite of her humanity. Both his second-in-command and A'rch, his companion m
Kindle Edition
Published September 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Interrupting Starlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Interrupting Starlight

Start your review of Interrupting Starlight (Before The Fall Book 1)
Penelope
MY RATING GUIDE: 1= dnf/What was that?; 2= Nope, not for me; 3= This was okay/cute; 3.5= I ENJOYED IT; 4= I liked it a lot; 5= I Loved it, it was great! (I rarely give 5 Stars).

3.5 Stars (nearly 4) for INTERRUPTING STARLIGHT a novella in the Pets in Space, #4 anthology by Kyndra Hatch. I enjoyed INTERRUPTING STARLIGHT. It is difficult to fit a full story with 3 dimensional characters into a short novella yet I felt this was accomplished.

KCC Commander Protector L’Den/MMC, a Korthan Cyborg Corp o
Carole
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stranded on a desolate planet for 2 years after the crash of her survey ship, lone survivor Tessa has all but given up hope of rescue by the Human Colony Alliance when she’s surprised by the arrival of a Korthan ship responding to a distress signal.

L’Den, Cyborg Korthan is even more surprised by his immediate attraction to Tessa. His companion a Moga/Hellhound, A’rch wants the hated human killed because she is the enemy, and humans, Korthans are at war.

This was an excellent story, though short.
Jacqueline Lelievre
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kassandra Blake
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was clearly the cover that made me want to know more but I confess that I expected a longer story.

The story takes place in another galaxy and in a distant future from us during a war between humans and aliens.

The universe created is coherent and the vessel very interesting. My scientific side is intrigued.

The characters are well worked and the beings who accompany them are amusing by their behavior.

I had a great time with this book and I'm already wondering what to expect next.

Norma Dangla
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like very much science fiction romance stories, especially those having to do with aliens and humans, so I bought this story as soon as I read the plot synopsis. It is good, but there are lots of grammar mistakes, which detract from the story itself. English is my second language, yet it wasn´t difficult to detect those mistakes, and I felt distracted trying to correct them. This work needs a good editing.
Dawn Carey
Oct 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Interrupting Starlight

This is one amazing story of war and how no matter what race you are there is two sides to everything. Finding out that your other half is definitely not human can be downright scary but they say opposites attract. Beautiful storytelling that will take you out of this world!!!
Barbara
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the Before The Fall series a well written story that kept me turning pages. Korthan L’Den and human Tessa's story there is suspense, drama, danger, twists, turns, villains, and romance. I want to read the next book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Katie
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short, Sweet, What a Treat!

This story hits on a lot of the story and character types I enjoy. Sci-fi? Check. Romance? Check. Cute Critter Shenanigans? Also Check. Characters I can grow into, love, hate? Check, check AND check. Kyndra Hatch could lay down a full series in this universe and I would pick it up straight away. Drew me in and kept me there. Had fun with it!
Kay
Sep 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Beauty in every word

I’ve read these books all the wrong way around yet it’s been easy to follow and most satisfying for the heart and the imagination. Kyndra Hatch is definitely an artist who draws beauty with words!
Tegan Brinkman
Jan 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Interesting story, well written but is very short

It ends nicely but is anti climatic and doesn’t give much of a ending for the pairing given the synopsis of the next book

Ryan Mackay
May 03, 2022 rated it liked it
Really 2.5 stars rounded up lol

I don't think this book did a particularly good job with the fated mates stuff. Also I'm sorry but if I'm lost in space for 2 years with zero contact, I'm think I'm assuming my fiancé has moved on....

felt wrapped up in a hurry as well, but overall fine.
Marianne
This is a super sci-fi romance! I loved it! It is entertaining and interesting, sweet and exciting.. Love the characters!
Claire
Read in the Pets in Space 4 anthology
Mary L
Dec 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I loved reading this book. I would recommend it to all my friends. Gave a new twist on alien and human relationships.
Thetaxmom
Oct 25, 2021
Lori
rated it did not like it
Jul 26, 2022
Oct 12, 2020
Lynn Walker
Jul 08, 2022

• Bargain with a Beast
  • Storm (Elite Rogue Alien Warriors, #1)
  • Deal with the Devil (Mercenary Librarians, #1)
  • The Viper (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp, #3)
  • The Devil You Know (Mercenary Librarians, #2)
  • Dark Planet Warriors: The Complete Serial (Dark Planet Warriors, #1)
  • The Cardinal Sky (Sky Saga, #1)
  • Reaver's Prize (Thaxian Warrior Mates #3)
  • Devoted
  • The Wife Assignment (Rogue Protectors, #5)
  • A Duel with the Vampire Lord (Married to Magic, #3)
  • Tarnished Tyrant (Zhukova Bratva, #1)
  • Decadence (Darkstar Mercenaries #4)
  • The Rebel and the Rogue (Interstellar Brides Program, #19)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Tarnished Queen (Zhukova Bratva Book 2)
  • Prey (Coveted Prey, #1)
  • Wildcat (Wildcat Hockey, #1)
Kyndra Hatch grew up with a fascination for science fiction and a deep interest in ancient civilizations, a combination which fuels her active imagination. After twelve exciting years as an archaeologist, Kyndra pursues a passion for writing and has discovered her works have a decidedly science fiction romantic flair. She is a USA Today bestselling author and an active member of the SFR Brigade.

Ky