Start by marking “Shielding Jayme (Delta Team Two, #4)” as Want to Read:
Shielding Jayme (Delta Team Two, #4)

Shielding Jayme

(Delta Team Two #4)

After a decade of hard work and dedication, Jayme Caldwell’s dreams of a Seattle bakery are whisked out from under her. She’s licking her wounds in Killeen, Texas, living with her memaw, Winnie, while contemplating her future. Of course, Memaw knows exactly the kind of future her granddaughter needs…and it starts with a handsome young man she tricks into having dinner with ...more
Published January 5th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Shielding Jayme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shielding Jayme

Start your review of Shielding Jayme (Delta Team Two, #4)
Radd Reader
I’m just sayin’ that as I got to know that man, I couldn’t help but think that you two would get on like peanut butter and jelly.”

Short novella in the Tis The Season For Romance anthology.

Synopsis: Good old Memaw had a matchmaking plan and low and behold.....it worked. Don’t you just love conniving grandparents. 😁😁

Setting: Killeen Texas

Jayme: Baker
- Moved to Texas when the opportunity to own her own bakery in Seattle fell through.
- Baking clams her. Soothes her soul
- She has a cantankerous gr
Staci
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Christmas story. Year after year
Charlene
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story of love and acceptance. Love doesn’t always happen in your twenties, the best come to those who wait. They appreciate it more.
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a part of 'Tis the Season for Romance and takes place after Shielding Aspen. It is a complete standalone and you don't need to have read the previous books to enjoy this one.

Jayme has moved in with her Memaw after her dreams get trashed in Seattle. Rocket meets Memaw in the grocery store, and she invites him over for dinner. There are sparks and a sweet romance starts. There's some angst, lots of romance and sex, and a tiny element of danger. We barely seen Brain and Aspen from the previ
Dar
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this story!!! In wonderful Susan Stoker style, two people finally find the one who’s right for them. Maturity and sexiness combined, with a dash of suspense, just a dash, and wonderful characters had me wonderfully living their story with them!
Ruth Elaine
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was completely awesome!!! It kept me enthralled from the beginning until the end! Being a novella story, it ended way to quickly, but then doesn’t every good story?
Rocket and Jayme were perfect together!! They were the right amount of sappy and realistic.
The drama made you worry about there being a HEA, but hey, it’s a Susan Stoker story, donut WILL have a HEA.
This one and the epilogue was brilliant and perfect for them!!
The narrator is a new one for me. She sounds like Erin Mallon, a
Anja
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A short story that is losely tied to Delta Team Two but you only get to read about Brian and Aspen. But since this one is about Jayme and Rocket who are matchmaker-ed by Jayme's grandma, that's totally ok. A nice story about falling in love when you almost gave up and started to believe to spend the rest of your life alone. Always a wonderful bonus in some of Susan Stokers books - the epilogue which takes you many years in the future and tells you some things that the couple will experience... ...more
Kathy
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: susan-stoker
I love the books of Susan Stoker. This is the story of a gentle mechanic and a baker and a busy grandmother. I love this story -- warm and funny, romantic and so much more. Bravo!

I received a free copy of this book via BookFunnel and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Vicky
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely and heart-felt novella. Loved Rocket and Jayme. What a perfect pair, with very little machinations involved in the developing relationship from Memaw.

A great read from Susan Stoker... again!

Loved the epilogue( s) too!!
Stories in Review
Read in the 'Tis the season for Romance anthology. ...more
Sandy S
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
SHIELDING JAYME is the fourth instalment in Susan Stoker’s contemporary, adult DELTA TEAM TWO, romantic suspense series. This is baker Jayme Caldwell, and helicopter mechanic Rocket Long’s story line.

NOTE: SHIELDING JAYME was first released in the multi-authored 'Tis The Season for Romance.

Told from dual third person perspectives (Jayme and Rocket) SHIELDING JAYME follows the building romance and relationship between baker Jayme Caldwell, and helicopter mechanic Rocket Long. Having moved from Se
Shelley
Rocket finds his “one” in Jayme❣️

Jayme has moved back in with her Memaw after her dream of owning her own bakery in Seattle falls through. But her Memaw is playing matchmaker and Jayme suddenly finds herself having dinner with Rocket in her Memaw’s house one night😍 But as everyone knows life is short and soon they will discover that for themselves😢

A wonderful story that I was lucky enough to get free with the Tis the Season for Romance Anthology. I look forward to the next story in this series🤩
Carrie
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jayme & Rocket's story is a quick read, encompassing their meeting & dating & HEA & beyond. Winnie is definitely quite the match maker. Jayme is at a bit of a crossroads, and Rocket's encouragement helps her to see that the dreams she thought were dashed in Seattle just might come true in Texas.

I really liked both their personalities & the way they fit together so well. Rocket also has some really great date ideas!

: )
Toria
Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a sweet novella. Well written and a very sweet love story. A little disappointing as it really is not about the Delta team. Not sure why it is considered part of the series. The only connection is that one of the Delta team is a neighbor. There also isn't the usual level of suspense that I love with Ms. Stoker's books. It also said on the Amazon synopsis that the book was 166 pages, but once I got it into my kindle, it was only 107 pages. Amazon also listed it as book 4 in the Delta Tea ...more
SUSAN NORRIS
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was ok
Not a Delta Team Two

Enjoyed the book but kept looking for the Delta Team guys.
One living next door doesn't count. Pleasant read, just don't
expect much adventure.
Elly
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Ive read or listened to most of ms. Stoker's books. This 1 just wasn't her up to par with the rest. Even Rescuing Macie (another short one from her) left me with a good feeling about the book compared to this 1. So i can't say it was because it was short.... ill edit this when i can put it into words. ...more
Pam
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shielding Jayme: Delta Two Book two is by Susan Stoker. This book is different from all the other books of hers I have read in that Rocker is no longer a Delta soldier, he is a helicopter repairman for a contractor who works on helicopters used by Delta Forces. He does not save Jayme from terrorists who have kidnapped her. That said, it does not hurt the book’s action at all. It is more of a romance than an adventure which is a change for her.
Rocker is huge and intimidates people just by his si
CarolKat
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rocket Long met Winnie Morrison at the grocery store. He helped her with her packages and as a result they've become friends. Now Winnie has an ulterior motive when she invites him to dinner, her granddaughter Jayme is staying with her and she believes they would be perfect together.

Jayme doesn't really suspect anything when her Memaw asks her to change for dinner. However, when she returns downstairs and Winnie is talking to a man she doesn't know, she knows something is up. Then when Winnie sa
Melanie Milburn
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Jayme is a wonderful baker and cook. After a terrible disappointment and setback to owning her own bakery, she comes to live with her irascible Memaw.
Rocket is a helicopter mechanic who has befriended Memaw and shows up to dinner one night, a very big surprise to Jayme, especially when Memaw bails on dinner and leaves her alone with the handsome stranger. He has no complaints as he finds her extremely attractive. And so the fun begins. They start to know one another and also get introduced to Me
Lisa Gibbs
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jayme Caldwell thinks that she has her life in Seattle all planned out. But when her plans go awry, she moves to Texas to live with her meemaw, Winnie. Winnie is a hoot and I can only hope that I will be as full of life as she is when I am her age. Winnie is a conniver and she sets up her granddaughter with a man she met at the grocery store. After all, Winnie wants to hold a great-grandchild before she passes.

Rocket is almost 40 and since meeting Winnie at the grocery store he checks up on her
mlady_rebecca
Rocket & Jayme.

Own as part of Tis the Season for Romance

One of those “loosely fits the rest of the series” novellas. In fact, I’m reading a second one of those as we speak. (One in the Irons & Works universe). In this case, the loose tie to the core group of main characters is that the novella focuses on the niece of Brain’s pervy, elderly next door neighbor, the one who likes watching him mow the lawn.

Jayme, the niece, is a baker who came to live with he
Marie
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The world needs more cupcakes!

Winnie is awesome! We should all have a Winnie in our lives and thank goodness Jayme and Rocket do, her interfering brought together two people who are perfect for each other.
Rocket will sweep you off your feet again and again and I would happily let him! They are so sweet together, even when they are arguing, and Rocket is so good with words, no surprise Jayme's anger fizzles when he pours his heart out.
I really love that we get to see their future in the epilogue
Elizabeth
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Two people who belong together!

Shielding Jayme, Is a great, quick read. Jayme and Rocket Are setup by Jayme's grandmother Winnie who we previously met in Shielding Aspen. Although Jamie starts out rolling her eyes at her grandmother's obvious attempts at matchmaking she quickly realizes Rocket Is someone she wants to spend her life with. Rocket figured he would never find 'the one', but after meeting Jamie he knows he has.

I enjoyed getting to know the characters, especially Winnie, who is a hoot
Jackie
Loved

Love all of this author, Susan Stoker’s, books. Her military series are amazing and have read all available. This book was adorable. We knew Winnie from aspen and brains book (previous). She is a spit fire 90year old next door. Who has a granddaughter who has moved to live with her form Seattle. Winnie introduces her to Rocket who she met in the grocery store and the rest is history. His is swoon worthy. He is polite and huge and strong and just knows what he wants and absolutely adores jay
Lisa
Jayme & Rocket are awesome

I love Jayme & Rocket and I adore Jayme’s grandmother, Winnie, who introduced them to each other. Rocket is a large man who people are evidently automatically afraid of, but is a really good guy; and Jayme has left Seattle and moved in with her grandmother in Texas after a bad experience at work in a bakery in Seattle and is kind of at loose ends. Winnie has met Rocket and decided they need to meet. Their courtship was so sweet, and their is a scare in there, nothing is
Merle
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rocket is attached to a Delta team as mechanic for the team's choppers. He's forty years old and is sure he'll never meet the one for him. When he meets a sprightly senior at the market, she takes him under her wing. When her granddaughter comes to stay with her, she fixes the two up with a beautiful home-cooked meal made by Jayme. They are surprised by the fixup, but Rocket finds Jayme enchanting. Jayme is surprised that even though Rocket is huge, she feels safe around him. He encourages Jayme ...more
Marcia
Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Short, sweet story but definitely not as exciting as the primary team's stories. Jayme's memaw plays matchmaker and I know it's well intended, but I get a surge of annoyance when I read of parents/grandparents doing that. Or maybe I just don't like people who are meddling and nosy; memaw was definitely both, but her redeeming point was that she does love Jayme.

We also get cameos from Brain and Aspen which was nice. Overall an easy, relaxing read and I still would recommend reading it.
mum.reader.dreamer.4life
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shielding Jayme is a quick, sweet, and swoony holiday read that I simply could not put down.
This is a short novella about a hot alpha helicopter mechanic, a baker trying to get her life back on track, and Memaw the hilarious meddling grandma. The journey to a HEA for these two was sweet, funny, romantic, a little spicy, with just a small smidge of action.
A slight change of pace from Susan Stoker but just as wonderful as every other book!!!
Urvi ♡
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
It's 4.5 stars from me for this story!!!🥰

I mean many people can relate to the story.
There are time in people's lives when they have a very clear vision of how their future looks like but due to circumstances that future can vanish in blink of an eye.
But this story tells if you have love and support of your loved ones you can move on from insecurities and bad circumstances.
The love story of Jamie and Rocket is also beautiful.
Overall it was a great work done by author.💜
Pat Elliott
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME

This story moved forward gently which was a nice surprise from the usual fast paced, fast action story. The romantic relationship developed with an ever increasing emotional connection.
I liked that the epilogue was lengthy and took us a number of years into the future, a nice departure from an epilogue that is only for the present. A very enjoyable read that is not to be missed. Highly recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ryland’s Reach (Bullard's Battle #1)
  • Flawed (Triple Canopy Book 2)
  • Axel (SEALs of Honor #24)
  • Gwen's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Delta Team Three Book 3)
  • Ivy's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Delta Team Three #4)
  • Irish (Trident #4)
  • Destiny's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Delta Team Three #2)
  • Promises (Kings of Guardian #12.6)
  • Shielding You
  • Nori's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Delta Team Three Book 1)
  • Targeted Risk (R.I.S.C. Book 7)
  • Clay (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #8)
  • Hope's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Delta Team Three Book 5)
  • Levi (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #7)
  • Code Name: Grace (Jameson Force Security)
  • Breaking Away (Delta Force Strong #3)
  • Frost (Trident #3)
  • Breaking Rules (Delta Force Strong #2)

New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Tennessee where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, Indiana, and Tennessee. She's married to a retired Army man who now gets t

Delta Team Two (7 books)
  • Shielding Gillian (Delta Team Two, #1)
  • Shielding Kinley (Delta Team Two, #2)
  • Shielding Aspen (Delta Team Two, #3)
  • Shielding Riley (Delta Team Two, #5)
  • Shielding Devyn (Delta Team Two, #5)
  • Shielding Ember (Delta Team Two, #6)
  • Shielding Sierra (Delta Team Two, #7)