Start by marking “My Time With Papa” as Want to Read:
My Time With Papa

My Time With Papa

This is a loving story about a little girl who lost her Papa and finds a way to remember all the wonderful memories she had of him that she will cherish forever. Walk down memory lane and recapture the memories of lost loved ones from the imagination of a young girl.
Published August 27th 2020 by Tellwell Talent

To ask other readers questions about My Time With Papa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Time With Papa

Start your review of My Time With Papa
Bethany M. Edwards
When a trauma happens, one of the most effective ways to help children process their grief is through reading. Even the ancient Greeks used bibliotherapy to help with emotional growth.

In this picture book, MY TIME WITH PAPA has wonderfully captured the especially difficult emotions of losing a parent.

MY TIME WITH PAPA is the story about a #multiracial little girl whose dad dies suddenly and her mother helps her take an imaginative walk down memory lane of all the fun times they had together to
Book Reviewer
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Time with Papa by Shauntae Spaulding is a heartwarming children’s picture book that tells the story of a little girl whose father has passed away. Her mother is there to support her as she grieves and helps her understand her heartache. Her mother tells her not to think of it negatively, to remember all the fun times she had with her dad. Thus begins the story as the girl closes her eyes and she and her father are reunited in her imagination.

Shauntae Spaulding navigates the devastating topic
Dipali Gupta
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When we lose our dear ones  it is very difficult to express our emotions
and especially for little ones because we always told them they had gone with the angels or they became a star.  Shauntae made it really easy for kids as well as for  adults how we can narrate to kids that your loved ones are still there with you.You can cherish their memories forever .
QUEENIE
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This beautifully illustrated children's book paraphrases the powerful verses from Psalms 139. This is a book about how God sees us through children's eyes. The colorful and detailed illustrations give the story life. This book is an important message to young hearts. This is a journey we all will take and God will see us through it. It was written in poetry form and I could understand it. I recommend this book to young children and their parents. I give this life lesson five stars.

jacquie
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book! A heartwarming gentle book to assist young ones who have lost a dear one. A beautifully well written book on how to keep the beautiful memories alive. I could not help but get teary, I highly recommend this! 🌺🌺
Logan J
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a very lovely book for children who have lost a father or granfather. To help explain that they are still with them for ever.
The illustrations were absoultely wonderful.
Geetanjali Naidu
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it's hard for children to move on with the grief loss of a loved one. Shauntae Spaulding's book “Time with Papa” is a heartwarming and endearing story about a little girl who tragically loses her daddy and, in spite of her grief, finds a way in dealing with the grief in a manner that would have an embossing effect in the hearts forever.

I must say, thought being a children's book after reading I felt good. The beautiful author Shauntae has a very special knack of dealing with such a del
Alya Khomenok
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
The loss of a loved one is an irreparable loss.
And sometimes the best friend to get through the pain is a book. Such, for example, "My time with Papa". It's about how moments from the past help you get through grief.

Good memories can help to keep in touch with a loved one who has died. The author who lost her stepfather wrote this book in memory of him. I hope it will appeal to those who are missed and sad. With a book-friend, it will be easier to live at that time.
Bibiobee Inc
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is really a touching story. It is hard for people when they lose their beloved, even for adults. I love that the author is trying to encourage and inspire children to go through a hard time in a positive way. Ensure them that they are beloved by papa whenever and wherever. We are going through this pandemic crisis; a lot of people lost their close families and friend. The uplifting book helps kids to manage their emotions in a positive way.
Reads A-Lot
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An endearing tale about a little girl who has lost her dad. She realizes that he’s not really gone and can still be with him in her memories.

Lovely illustrations – so bright and colorful! A nice tale that teaches kids that one is never lost as long as you keep loved ones alive in your memories. “As long as you remember me when you close your eyes, we will continue on.”
Anna Rrc
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely book about a child who loses their father. They learn that by keeping them in their heart and dreams no one is really ever gone.
Amna

• It Gives You Strength
  • The Fires Above
  • Covet
  • The Super Twins
Hello! I am a single mother who moved from NorCal to sunny SoCal in 2013 with my wonderful son. I formerly worked as a government employee until 2018 when I decided to be self-employed to have the flexibility of taking care of my son and achieving my dreams. I am super goal-oriented and I believe in the power of prayer. God has guided my steps since fully accepting Him in my heart in 2010. I stron ...more