Start by marking “A Wind From the Rift (The Price of Magic #2)” as Want to Read:
A Wind From the Rift (The Price of Magic #2)

A Wind From the Rift

(The Price of Magic #2)

The sorceress has broken free of her shackles.

Months of imprisonment have forged Gwyn into something new; something dangerous. Eight dead sorceresses whisper in her ear, hungry for blood and vengeance – and after unleashing the red magic to make her escape, she fears she won’t be able to stop.

All Gwyn really wants is to go home. But as she soon discovers, escaping the Clo
Published November 2020

To ask other readers questions about A Wind From the Rift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wind From the Rift

Start your review of A Wind From the Rift (The Price of Magic #2)
Dianne
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imprisonment hasn’t cowed Gwyn. Instead it has honed her into something “more,” something to be feared, justification for the fears that imprisoned her in the first place, but does she have the magic under control or is it controlling her?

The wizards of the Syndicate are determined not to let her get free of the Clockwork City, but they have no idea how far her magic and that of the sorceresses before her will go to beat them at their own game. With few she can trust, and even fewer she can coun
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

I want to thank Talem Press very much for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this sequel, I think the first book has many solid points that were highlighted even more in this one, but at the same time, I think the first could be a little more solid and better built than this one, that doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy it, in fact, I did!One of the things that I liked the most is, no doubt, the author’s style that’s light even in the moments of great
Helen Scheuerer
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Wind From the Rift is the breathtaking sequel that surpasses Bonnie Wynne's stellar debut. It's addictive, fast-paced, full of adventure with a touch of romance - exactly what us fantasy-lovers crave. Wynne's prose pays homage to the classics while still maintaining a fresh, original voice that will no doubt become what Bonnie is known for, along with her fantastic characters. I can't wait to see where the rest of the series takes us! Highly recommend.
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Talem Press for providing me with a copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review!

A Wind From the Rift is book 2 in the Price of Magic series and therefore my review could contain spoilers for book 1, The Ninth Sorceress.

After really enjoying The Ninth Sorceress last year, I was so excited to read the sequel and it did not disappoint.  In fact, I think I actually enjoyed this one even more!

Kicking off right where the Ninth Sorceress finished, Gwyn thinks she is in the most dan
Nikki
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

My Thoughts

First, some background. I had the opportunity to read an early copy of the first book in the Price of Magic Series, The Ninth Sorceress, earlier this year. Unfortunately, my family got hit hard by the flu (yes, probably THAT flu) which obliterated my review deadline and reviewing from the haze of illness didn't seem fair. That
Ivey Byrd
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ella (The Story Collector)
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, magic
Imprisoned for months, Gwyn is desperate to escape the Clockwork City and return home. The last thing she expects is to be inducted into the Syndicate as a novice wizard, but escaping is an impossible task and she has little choice but to play their game. With a relentless storm buffeting the city, and her own red magic threatening to take control, Gwyn is in more danger than ever, and running out of options.

A Wind from the Rift continues the story of Gwyn, a young woman coming to terms with who
Danielle
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, nov-2020, to-review
A Wind From the Rift picks up right where The Ninth Sorceress left off, Gwyn in now free from her imprisonment. She is not the same as when she was first captured and went in, she is changed and stronger, something to be feared by the Syndicate.

All Gwyn wants is to go back home to the few friends and family she has left but escaping from The Clockwork City is harder than it sounds. With the Syndicate lurking around every corner and knowing the ins and outs of the city, Gwyn feels her dreams of e
Olivia Estelle
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! That's how you write a sequel. I loved everything about this book, from the new characters, to the new settings, to my girl Gwyn's new found power. I was completely enthralled from start to finish.
Julie Bird
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great sequel! Really great story, lots of action and intrigue and very well written. Looking forward to the next one.
Margus
Nov 23, 2020
Keith Symcox
Nov 21, 2020
Bonnie
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Courtney Murray
Seahn
Oct 27, 2020
Chloe Anderson
Oct 30, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book to series listing 3 14 Sep 02, 2020 03:16AM

• A Golden Fury
  • Riven (The Relic Trilogy, #2)
  • Fangs
  • Vicious (Villains, #1)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Beta Hearts (Neon Birds, #3)
  • A Truth In Ruby ( Onyx Trilogy, #2)
  • A Secret In Onyx ( Onyx Trilogy #1)
  • Witch Born (Witch Song, #2)
  • La Tempête des échos (La Passe-Miroir, #4)
  • The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)
  • House of Danger (Choose Your Own Adventure, #15)
  • La Mémoire de Babel (La Passe-Miroir, #3)
  • Dawn's Promise (Silent Wings #1)
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Memento (The Illuminae Files, #0.5)
  • Les Disparus du Clairdelune (La Passe-Miroir, #2)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)

The Price of Magic (2 books)
  • The Ninth Sorceress (The Price of Magic, #1)