Start by marking “Yes, You Can, Heather” as Want to Read:
Yes, You Can, Heather

Yes, You Can, Heather

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  69 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
This is the inspiring story of Miss America, Heather Whitestone, a courageous young woman who refused to be swayed by formidable odds--and of a mother who made agonizing choices and incredible sacrifices to enable her deaf daughter to achieve her dream.
Published May 1st 1996 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published July 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Yes, You Can, Heather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yes, You Can, Heather

John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very inspiring story about the first handicapped Miss America.
Patricia
For someone who was born with a moderate hearing loss such as myself, this book was extremely inspirational. I felt like I was right there with Heather and her mom riding the emotional roller coaster. I think her shear determination and hard work outweighed her set backs and disappointments. I remember the night Heather Whitestone was crowned! I was blown away and totally amazed!!! I will never forget that moment. I saw her on The Celebrity Apprentice not so long ago and again I was amazed at he ...more
Steph
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
"The audiologist has found nothing new, but she did have one unexpected recommendation. Because Heather's best hearing sensitivity and speech perception came through her left earned she preferred listening through that ear to listening with both, the CID audiologist recommended the use of amplification in her left ear only."

"I think the two girls became such good friends because Misha's continuing efforts to learn sign proved her commitment to their friendship. And in another way it affirmed and
Angela
Sep 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a great book about perseverance, hard work, believing in oneself, having high aspirations/goals, and great accomplishment.It is a reminder that even if your goals scare you or freak you out because they are so lofty, you can still reach them. It is proof that a handicap is not a brick wall that keeps us from reaching our goals or a happy life.
Prophetess Cassandra
Dec 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
It is indeed a very wonderful book, I have touch by her courage and inner beauty. It shall be an encouragement to all women who desire to succeed in life..... no just $$$ and status, but really succeed in being a real woman.
Maybama02 Carroll
Jul 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I read these in middle school. Being a young girl from Alabama, growing up we were fascinated with her! Everyone read these books!
Kristy
Jun 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the amazing true story of a young girl who became Miss America despite unbelievable challenges, due to her faith and help from her mother.
Elizabeth
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!!
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Grandmother
It is very sad but its a very good christian book it defaintly brougt me closer to god
Alicia