Start by marking “Cyberpunk: The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Future” as Want to Read:
Cyberpunk: The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Future

Cyberpunk: The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Future

(CyberPunk 2020 Role-Playing Game)

The corporations control the world from their skyscraper fortresses, enforcing their rule with armies of cyborg assassins. On the street, Boostergangs roam a shattered urban wilderness, killing and looting. The rest of the world is a perpetual party as fashion-model beautiful techies rub biosculpt jobs with battle armored road warriors in the hottest clubs, sleaziest bars ...more
Paperback, Second Edition, 250 pages
Published August 28th 1990 by Talsorian Games, Incorporated (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Cyberpunk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyberpunk

Olivier Delaye
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this as prep for Cyberpunk 2077, a game I just can’t wait to play the bejesus out of. Blown away by Pondsmith’s visionary take on the future. Simply masterful!
Matthew J.
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just want to grab some people and dive in! Cyberpunk 2020 has been a perpetual favorite of mine from way, way back. The Cyberpunk genre always struck a special chord for me, and I'm not 100% sure why. I'm not even into computers, and I've never been good with tech. Yet there's something. And with this game, Mike Pondsmith did for Cyberpunk what the folks at Chaosium did for Cosmic Horror with Call of Cthulhu. All in one book, everything you need to run the game for years.
Now, this was a "near
Miguel Angel Pedrajas
Un libro de tamaño similar al A4, en tapa blanda a color e interior en blanco y negro con 254 páginas. La encuadernación es de las que sufren con solo mirarlo.
El interior presenta una maquetación algo caótica, con numerosas llamadas a los lados, destacados, tablas y un texto a doble columna. Ofrece gran cantidad de ilustraciones, pero con irregular calidad, habiendo preciosos dibujos y otros no tanto.
El mundo de Cyberpunk es un lugar violento y peligroso, lleno de gente a la que le encantaría ar
Fraser Simons
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I recently read this for the first time as I am writing a retro-future version of my own game, The Veil; with the goal of incorporating some cyberpunk lineage into the bones of the design work. I read the Cyberpunk 2020 in PDF form.

The writing is snappy and entertaining, with good flow. The game was clearly progressive in many ways so I can see why it is looked at very fondly. Having lifepaths and one of the first games to have actual classes and associated "feat" like bonuses (I believe before
Mafalda
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mafalda by: Yeray Reyes (A close friend)
Read, played... fun times!!
Pachuca
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leido-y-en-casa
Soy un enamorado de este juego con sus virtudes y sus defectos. Me descubrió todo un genero dentro de la ciencia ficción además de proporcionarme gloriosas partidas.
Tom
Jul 27, 2019 added it
Always interested in the way pulp and speculative fiction are capable of reading and synthesising an accurate and authentic portrait of the future. This guidebook’s vision of the world in 2020, written from the practically ancient age of 1990, not only predicts such phenomena as the corporate usurpation of politics, the privatisation of war, but also manages to describe the total effects of that, not just economically, but culturally, emotionally and even personally. Whilst the technicals of Cyb ...more
Seth
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: research
I'm using this old Roleplaying game system to help with my future world.
Seth Skorkowsky
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A little dated now, but the game world is fantastic. CP2020 is the best roleplying system I've ever found.
Bryan
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Classic
Yup
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Quite an excellent book. The stories that accompany it are a very nice touch!
Patrick Young
May 20, 2016
Bob Kempfer
Feb 21, 2017
William
rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2015
Mar 03, 2018
Craig Krohn
Mar 13, 2014

• Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
  • Oriental Adventures (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse
  • Mage: The Ascension
  • Guide to the Camarilla
  • GURPS Basic Set (GURPS Third Edition)
  • Forgotten Realms: Adventures (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Stock #2106)
  • Oriental Adventures D20
  • Dungeon Master's Guide (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Stock #2100)
  • Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Fiend Folio
  • Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Rulebook
  • Guide to the Sabbat
  • The World of Darkness (Main Rulebook)
  • Arms and Equipment Guide (Dungeon Master's Guide Rules Supplement)
  • Ravenloft (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Module I6)
  • Vampire: The Dark Ages
  • Dungeon Master's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition)
Michael Alyn Pondsmith is a roleplaying, board, and video game designer. He is best known for his work for the publisher R. Talsorian Games, where he developed a majority of the company's role-playing game lines since the company's foundation in 1982. Pondsmith is credited as author of several RPG lines, including Mekton (1984), Cyberpunk (1988) and Castle Falkenstein (1994). He also contributed t ...more

CyberPunk 2020 Role-Playing Game (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Land of the Free (Cyberpunk) [BOX SET]
  • Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads: The Unexpurgated Cyberpunk 2020 Referee's Guide
  • The Night City Guide (Cyberpunk 2020)
  • Chromebook 1/2 Compilation (Cyberpunk RPG)
  • Rache Bartmoss' Guide to the Net: The Cyberpunk Sourcebook for the Global Computer Net
  • Brainware Blowout
  • Wildside: The cyberpunk sourcebook for the street
  • Pacific Rim Sourcebook: Cyberpunk
  • Cyberpunk Live & Direct (Cyberpunk)
  • Neo Tribes (Cyberpunk)