Start by marking “Train to Laramie” as Want to Read:
Train to Laramie

Train to Laramie

Runaway!

Tess flees her lecherous stepfather but takes the wrong train, arriving in Laramie. This end of tracks town bursts with workers building the Transcontinental Railroad, striving to lay the rails that will connect a nation. Threatened by outlaws, Tess is helped by Brett Calloway, a tie cutter for the Union Pacific. But when her stepfather locates her and joins the ou
Kindle Edition
Published August 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Train to Laramie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Train to Laramie

Start your review of Train to Laramie
Connie Carpenter
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Train to Laramie by Andrew Roth is the first book that I have read by this author. I hope to read more of his work soon. This book will draw you in as soon as you start reading it. The author has done a great job in ensuring that his work is as historical accurate as it can be.
In this book, we meet Tess. In the opening of the book, we see Tess preparing for her birthday celebration. Tess, her mother and her stepfather live in what appears to be a small shack. Tess and her stepfather do not get
Deana Dick
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book has been a real adventure into the Old West. I don’t think I have read a book quite so realistic as this one that depicts the time period so precisely. I completely submerged myself in this story and felt like I was given a front row seat to a Western movie. Times were hard in those days and everyone worked tirelessly to gain a little bit of land for themselves.

The beginning of the book was heartbreaking as we witness the ruthless treatment that Tess endured at the hands of her s
Pam
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is not often that I read a book written by a male author whose primary character is female. Train to Laramie is just such a novel and I must say it was well done. I had no problem believing this story of Tess and her experiences.

And Tess definitely experienced quite a few things within these pages, many of which were unexpected. On the run (with her mother’s blessing) to escape her often abusive stepfather and his evil intentions towards her, Tess accidentally hopped on the wrong train in her
Kendra Neal
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Cover of this book, Train to Laramie by Andrew Roth, is what
peaked my curiosity and interest in reading it. I am very glad I
"judged a book" by it's cover, because I liked the Book as
much as the Cover.

Tess lives in a small house with her Mom and Stepfather. She
doesn't get along with her Stepfather. Tess finally gets enough
courage to flee from her Abusive Stepfather. She boards a train,
only to discover she is on the wrong one and it is heading in the
wrong direction. Her original destina
Heather Russell
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then you pick up a book without realizing how much you will get involved in the story. Train to Laramie was one that surprised me by immersing the reader right into the rustic west through the eyes of a young 17-year-old girl, Tess. Life has been cruel to Tess but she walks by faith and finds what God has in store for her life.

The book begins with a heartbreaking situation at home but when Tess tries to flee, she finds herself going into the wrong direction. Fortunately, God was se
Patti Pierce
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imagine living with a mother who appears to be weak and a stepfather who resonates with anger and stays drunk. This set of circumstances faces Tess, and on her seventeenth birthday she flees for her life by jumping on a train she believes will take her east. Unfortunately, she winds up further west instead in Laramie. This book illustrates the best and worst in human nature. It also shows God’s grace and mercy. It also shows how God has a perfect plan for our lives, even when we can not recogniz ...more
Erin
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: celebrate-lit
This is a fun read. It’s got some danger and suspense plus a plot that involves your heart. The genre is historical fiction, but there is also a budding romance and a bit of mystery/suspense.

Tess is a strong young woman intent on saving herself from her stepfather. She hops a train thinking she’ll end up in Chicago and be able to get a job. Little does she know that she got on the wrong train and she’s going to the end of the line, Laramie. Here is much lawlessness and she may not have found he
Betti
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be dismayed. God knows the plans he has for me. He will never leave me or forsake me. He will be with me to the ends of the earth.

These words have become words to live by for Tess, who jumps the train in Omaha to get away from her abusive step-father. Needless to say, she is repeatedly reminded of these words as she arrives in Laramie instead of Chicago! Life in the Wild West is not at all what she expected. But those words come back again and again to ca
Joni
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Train to Laramie by Andrew Roth is a wonderful story set in the early pioneer days when railroads were being built as fast as men could labor. The main female character comes alive through the author’s description. The main male lead character can easily be visualized by the descriptions provided. This story includes romance, hope, faith and growth for the characters. There is violence in this story just as violence occurred in the Wild West. The author did a nice job of including the violence w ...more
Ashley Dawn
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really got into this story. Tess is running away because of her stepfather (and horrible people around, but mainly her stepfather). I think the author handled that part well without being too blatant in the descriptions of what her stepfather wanted. She gets on the wrong train, or does she? I love that the author showed our plans are not always God's plans for us.

Brett was awesome. He's a decent man when there seem to be few of those around. There is adventure and suspense. I honestly didn't
J.E. Grace
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tess hops a train to escape her violent and abusive stepfather, Frank. She thinks she is headed for Chicago but has hopped the wrong train and is headed for Laramie. She arrives sick, alone, penniless in a rough town fraught with danger.

Train to Laramie is a well-written western story with exciting and well-developed characters that bring the western flavor to life. The storyline varies from the actions of violent men to townspeople just trying to scrape a living to survive.

The story is suspens
Amy
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Train to Laramie is the first book I have read by Andrew Roth. It definitely will not be the last. I thought this book was a pretty good read. I enjoyed the historical details that made me feel as though I was part of the story. It was great going along with the adventures beside Brett and Tess. It was such a fun journey and entertaining to getting to know the characters. I hard time putting the book down. I had the whole tale read in two nights.
Train to Laramie is getting four and a half stars
Debbie
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book made my heart cry at the beginning. I hate abusive stepfathers and at the start of this book I thought we was going to be reading about a rape scene, but I am happy to say we don't. Tess was able to get away.

I was kept reading this till the end. It was a really inspiring book as Tess was reminded all through the book that God was with her and I especially liked that Bible verses was part of the story.

This was a story of evil that men are capable of because of greed.

I couldn't help s
Jodie Wolfe
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
As an avid reader, I found the book to be frustratingly repetitive. While I appreciated the faith elements and historical details, the combination of constant over-the-top emotions with the characters and the continual reiterations, made the novel disappointing.

~This book was provided for free and I was under no obligation to provide a favorable review. (2020)
Robert Harrison
Rachel Taylor
Dec 02, 2020
Jeanna Massman
Dec 03, 2020

• An Ivy Hill Christmas (Tales from Ivy Hill)
  • The Thief of Blackfriars Lane
  • A Heart's Gift (Love's Road Home)
  • Faith's Mountain Home (Hearts of Montana, #3)
  • Bride by Blackmail (Moonlight & Magnolia)
  • Snuffed Out (Wilkester Mysteries Book 2)
  • Endless Mercy (The Treasures of Nome, #2)
  • Covert Amish Christmas
  • The Dressmaker's Secret (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #1)
  • The Gold Digger (True Colors)
  • Sing Until You Die (The Spies of World War II Book 3)
  • Georgia Ann ~ English Rose (Charleston Brides #2)
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • Silver Moon (By the Light of the Moon #3)
  • Blue Moon (By the Light of the Moon #2)
  • The Confident Hope
  • Mishaps Off the Mainland (Merriweather Island #5)
  • Vanished in the Mountains