Start by marking “Casino Chiseler (Alex Cohen, #4)” as Want to Read:
Casino Chiseler (Alex Cohen, #4)

Casino Chiseler (Alex Cohen, #4)

Would you gamble everything you possess to win more than you can imagine?

Jewish gangster, Alex Cohen leaves jail to find salvation from the 1940s mob in the hotels of Las Vegas. When Bugsy Siegel invites him to take over sports betting in Nevada, Alex must figure out how to get back to the top table in New York without attracting the Feds' attention.

If he succeeds then he
Kindle Edition
Published September 30th 2020 by Sobriety Press

To ask other readers questions about Casino Chiseler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casino Chiseler

Start your review of Casino Chiseler (Alex Cohen, #4)
Alex Jones
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Casino Chiseler is the 4th Book in the Alex Cohen Series by Leopold Borstinski. This gangster saga charting the life and times of Jewish Mobster Alex Cohen just gets better and better.

A fan from book 1, along with Damp Pebbles Tours, I have followed Alex’s Journey and this is undoubtedly my favourite yet.

Alex is back on the scene following the events of book 3 , and he’s looking to get back in with the gang that matters, the murder corp, whilst earning some much needed cash. This leads Alex to t
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
This is the fourth book in the Alex Cohen saga, and it’s absolutely amazing!! I am a late arrival of this series, but from reading my first a while ago I was instantly hooked and super excited to read more from Alex Cohen, so when I was offered the chance to be apart of the blog tour for; Casino Chiseler, I literally jumped at the chance.

What I really like about this series is that you can dip in whenever you like, I know this as I did start the series at book three, and I never felt that I had
Emma
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
All of my reviews can be found at https://damppebbles.com/

I chose to read and review an eARC of Casino Chiseler but that has in no way influenced my review.

My favourite gangster is back but this time he’s moved halfway across the country to make his fortune in Las Vegas, baby! Having had the syndicate turn their backs on him, it’s time for Alex Cohen to up-sticks and make his name elsewhere. This is another super addition to a very readable series and I really enjoyed it.

Alex Cohen’s connection
Sue
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Welcome to the fourth book in the Alex Cohen saga, Casino Chiseler!

Alex is out of prison, after being caught up in the Feds' concerted efforts to take down some high profile mobsters on tax evasion charges. He is feeling a little abandoned by the syndicate, but soon comes to realise that he still has friends in high places - friends who continue to have need for his singular talents.

So, Alex finds himself heading west to Vegas, baby! Times they are a changing for Alex and his mobster friends an
Neats
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm always excited to read another book in the Alex Cohen series and Casino Chiseler was fabulous. It's like chatting to a friend that you haven't seen for a while and catching up on what they've been up to . . . and Alex has been a busy guy!

Recently released from prison, Alex is feeling somewhat neglected by members of the syndicate who he had considered to be his friends. During his incarceration he had little or no contact from any of them and he's found himself in a very different America si
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Casino Chiseller by Leopold Borstinski is the fourth instalment in the Alex Cohen series. A gangster saga that follows the Jewish mobster Alex Cohen through the years. This series just gets better with every book I pick up. This book sees Alex having been released from prison and feeling like he has been left high and dry by the syndicate. He decides that although the syndicate has cut ties, he still has friends that need his type of talent.
Alex goes to Las Vegas to his friend there, Benny. He
Yvonne
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely loving this series and have enjoyed each book. Casino Chiseler is the 4th book in the Alex Cohen series and Alex is making his way back into the fold after his spell in Sing Sing prison for tax evasion. Alex was part of a group called The Murder Corporation, a group that was the go-to people for a contract killing. This is America, Al Capone has already been imprisoned, the Mafia is on the up, loyalty is paramount and these are dangerous times. WWII has begun as Alex now sets his ...more
Philip Van
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Life of enforcer as Las Vegas starts up as a gambling Mecca for a crime syndicate - 4 stars

Alex Cohen is the enforcer par excellence. If there is a problem, Alex will fix it, usually by shooting a weapon. His organization skills are top notch. His Jewish heritage is seen as a disadvantage by the Italians. The time period spans the development of Las Vegas from 1941 through 1950.

Alex makes connections, sets up protection payments, prostitution and pays protection to the police. When a card deale
Mandie
Mar 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Casino Chiseler is the fourth book in the Alex Cohen series, and we meet up with him after he has been released from prison and the life he was used to is not there anymore. Divorced from his wife Sarah, most of the people he used to count as friends and allies have deserted him and he is almost having to start from scratch again. Thrown a lifeline he makes his way to Las Vegas and begins working with Benny Segal. Can this be his way back into the syndicate he went to prison for, or will he end ...more
Kimberly
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Casino Chiseler is the fourth volume in the Alex Cohen series. Each book covers a different decade in Alex’s life, and with a Vegas backdrop, this novel gives us a look at the 1940s. This mafia thriller takes place during a time when gangsters were as big as the stars on the silver screen.

I’m going to start by saying that this book was not what I expected. I was hoping for non-stop action and a close up look at the big mafia names I grew up reading about. This novel has some action but not to th
Elizabeth Gray
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Casino Chiseler is the fourth installment in the Alex Cohen series, which focuses on the life Alex leads as a member of the Italian-Jewish National Crime Syndicate. The thing is, after serving his time in New York's Sing Sing Prison, Alex is no longer a member of the Syndicate. Adrift, he realizes that there is nothing holding him to the East Coast. His wife divorced him, and his reputation in New York is gone.

Alex goes west, originally to Los Angeles, then is invited to join Benny Siegal in the
Lynsey
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the fantastic Alex Cohen series and it gets better and better. This sees Alex just recently released from prison and trying to organise his life after being left high and dry by the syndicate. He ends up in Las Vegas - the city of opportunity!

Once again this was a great read from Leopold. It was amazing to see how Las Vegas was formed from dodgy deals and criminal activity. I had always thought it was Native lands and it was that group who developed it! You learn some
Jay Williams
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alex continues his murderous ways in LA and then in Las Vegas. He is still on the outs with the Syndicate, but gets occasional jobs from them. He works through the early days of Las Vegas and closely with Benny Siegal who is widely known as the father of Sin City. The characters are well-described, but have little depth. Actual events from history are deftly woven in to the narrative as the action takes place. The writing is clear and easy to read, which is to be expected from Borstinski. I star ...more
Anne Carty
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another installment of the Alex Cohen series! With every book in this series I am falling more and more in love with this series!

Alex is just out of prison, down on his luck and needs to get back to the top of the mafia. Moving to Las Vegas to help run casinos seems like the perfect new start.

I am really enjoying the series. Although Alex is gangster and uses a lot of violence to get what he wants I love him as a main character. He is very smart and thinks things through before making decisions
Jessica Belmont
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review:
Casino Chrysler by Leopold Borstinski is the fourth book in the Alex Cohen series and I am a big fan. The books keep getting better over time, and I really enjoy Borstinski’s writing style.
The plot is excellently paced. I was on the edge of my seat for the majority of the book and I really loved the twists and turns. This is a must read series for Crime Fiction lovers.
Excellent writing, entertaining and absorbing plot, and awesome characters. You can’t go wrong. Highly recommended.
Rating:
Jean Marcotte
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was the best book of the series so far. I love the way prison matured Alex. He is more controlled and level-headed in this book. The setting of Las Vegas was a nice change as well. It seems like everything is going to work out ok for Alex. He re-unites with the love of his life but in the end it appears he will be connecting with an old flame. Guess we'll have to wait for the next book to find out. This was a great continuation of the series. ...more
Dawn
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed books 1 to 3 of this series, and this 4th book ("Casino Chiseler") didn't let me down. The story, characters, pacing are all perfect, but what really gets me about this series is the imagery. You can't fault Leopold Borstinski's writing and his ability to build a picture in your mind's eye. I can't wait for book 5!

This review was written voluntarily and is entirely my own, unbiased, opinion.
Jeanne Richardson
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book I've read written by Leopold Borstinski; he has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of his books.

The P.Turners
Please see blog for [K]'s review:

Ann Keeran
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Adults
The story of Alex Cohen continues as he works hand- in- hand with the Mob. Mr. Borstinski has written another fantastic book with realistic characters and an amazing story.
Jackie
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great Alex story. Wherever he goes, there’s action to be had. You definitely don’t want to miss out on this superb series.
Jacqueline  sharp
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the Fourth book in the Alex Cohen series and another brilliant read. I have lived getting to know Alex and seeing him grow and become the man he is now. He’s not always a good guy, but he is loyal to those that are loyal to him.

This book sees us through the 1940’s, Alex is just out of jail after being sent down by the FBI for tax evasion. Determined not to get caught for that again Alex makes sure his paperwork is upto date. He had hope he would be back in the syndicate but there are som
Alice-Elizabeth
Apr 16, 2021

• Backstories
  • The City That Barks And Roars
  • Poppy Flowers at the Front
  • Forgotten Lives (DCI Doug Stirling, #2)
  • An Eye for an Eye (Detective Kate Young, #1)
  • Where Is Tony Blunt? (Atrocities #2)
  • Orca (Finley, #1)
  • One by One
  • In a Deep Dark Wood
  • Rough Country
  • The Hard Way
  • The Big Ol' Bike
  • Silent Night (Paige Northwood, #2)
  • Last Seen (Detective Bernadette Noel #1)
  • The Heat
  • Fifteen Coffins
  • The Conspiracy: Episode 1 (CID Case #1)
  • Baghdad Central

News & Interviews

Let's face it: Being cooped up inside during the pandemic has left a lot of us searching for a sense of connection with one another. Memoirs...