Start by marking “Vale” as Want to Read:
Vale

Vale

Alexander Vale has lived for a thousand years. He has seen the human race fall prey to the immortals and now, as a member of the ruling Archon class, he is responsible for his own people- both the older and more powerful Archontes as well as the hunger-driven Subalterns- and the mortal Esnes. The Law is his safety; he helped create the ruling class hundreds of years ago to ...more
Paperback, 1
Published September 30th 2020 by Infinity House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Vale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vale

Start your review of Vale
InD'tale Magazine
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-february
Rating: 3.5/5.0

“Vale” by Mia Michele is a carefully formed tale involving a dystopian society made up of Archontes- the immortal ruling class, Subalterns- the dangerous immortal middle class, and Humans- the mortal servants, slaves, and untouchables.

Read full review in the 2021 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Ada
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Immortals have their drama as well.

This is my first dystopian romance book, so I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I must say that this book surprised me in a good way.

This is the story of Alexander Vale an immortal high ranking Commissioner and Maire an Esne, a mortal girl. The plot is centered around these two and the problems in their world. I will not give away anything on it, I'll let you discover it.
I liked how Maire tried to make Alex see the things in a different way, and this
JLynn
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dystopian Vampire Romance

I am a chain reader and read a variety of genres. I'm not usually a dystopian fan and I don't usually read vampire books. I saw an interview with Mia Michele about this and decided to give it a chance because it would be the perfect Halloween read.

I'm so glad I did. It's beautifully written with enough detail to make you feel like you're there as the story unfolds but not so much you're bogged down in backstory. I love the character development and storyline. The plot
Danna González
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
The author sent me the book in exchange for an honest review. I started reading without knowing anything, I expected a dark romance, so imagine my surprise when the story opens up with a vampire. The term “Vampire” is not really used because there’s different classes of them, so the rulers of the government are known as Archonters which is what one of our main protagonists is, he’s minding his business until his path crosses with Maire, a human, after her, his life completely changed. My favorit ...more
Bookish_pops
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
K. L. Laettner
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story relished like a fine wine

I didn’t know what to expect with Vale and was pleasantly surprised to find an in depth story reminiscent of a Romeo and Juliet style, two different people from opposite sides of life. Maire and Alex’s love story is painstakingly beautiful and speckled with twists and turns, and ending on a bittersweet, yet understandable ending. Kudos to Mia on this exquisite story of love and sacrifice.
M L
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve never read any of this authors books but this one has left me with a book hangover! I absolutely could not put it down and when it ended I was mess of emotions. Loved it!!
Sabrina
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wow!
This is first book by this author and don't think it'll be my last!
I was pulled in right from the start and couldn't put it down.
Archonte(vampire) Commissioner Alexander Vale on leave the office one day is drawn in by the the singing voice of a woman esnes(human) Maire.
Their story is full of ups and downs and definitely worth taking the trip with them.
Natalie Ewing
Nov 19, 2020
Stephanie
Nov 18, 2020
Mia Michele
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lisa Martinez
Novella Bex
Oct 26, 2020
Cindy
Dec 09, 2020

• It's Always Been You (Woods Lake, #1)
  • A Woods Lake Christmas (Woods Lake, #3)
  • Dirty St. Nick
  • Kismet in the Sky
  • Burning for You (Burning for the Bravest #5)
  • Revved Up (Sonoma #3)
  • Grave (Royal Devils MC, #1)
  • Come Hard (Club Silken, #1)
  • Don't Kiss the Bride
  • Take The Shot (Philadelphia Bulldogs #1)
  • Puppy Love
  • Maverick (Kootenai Bear Clan)
  • Somethin' Kinda Wonderful
  • The Invitation
  • Felix Ever After
  • A ​Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes, #4)
  • When Snowflakes Fall (The Graysons, #1)
  • One Truth
Mia Michele is the pen name of a suburban housewife and stay-at-home mother. A Nashville native, her nonfiction work on yoga, religion, and alternative choices has been featured in the U.S. and Europe. An accomplished runner with several races under her belt including numerous 5Ks, a triathlon, a half-marathon, and 2 marathons, she trains other runners and coaches youth cross country.

In her spare

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...