Start by marking “Siren's Call” as Want to Read:
Siren's Call

Siren's Call

Troubled by PTSD and struggling to reintegrate into society, former Marine Evan Hunter is a haunted man. When a sailing trip ends in disaster, he's stranded in a secret ocean facility called the Dome. And now he's hallucinating. Mermaids don't exist...do they? Then his colleagues begin disappearing. Some show up strangely maimed.

Trapped deep below the waves, Evan isn't su
Published January 4th 2021 by The Wild Rose Press, inc

To ask other readers questions about Siren's Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siren's Call

Start your review of Siren's Call
Clementine Fraser
Dec 07, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Before I slip on outta here I wanted to say - I really hope you enjoy this book and thanks for taking the time to review :)

I also wanted to answer a couple of anticipated questions:

Is this a Romance?
No, it has a central, and important, love story, but it is a fantasy scifi adventure, not a romance.

Is it a standalone or will there be a sequel?
Although it can be read by itself, a sequel is planned! Hopefully the publisher will love it too.
R.Q. Woodward
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The mermaids in this book and mermaid society ARE EVERYTHING. Very creative and realistic mer culture, and the characters (human and mer) are well thought out and just fantastic. I basically want to be friends with half the cast and live as a mermaid in this world. Great stuff all around. But it’s poignant too! Fraser ripped my heart out a few times throughout this story—no spoilers—and I’m still not quite over it. I’d totally read the story again and again tho and am SERIOUSLY hoping for a book ...more
Shelley G
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
this was a new author for me in a bit of a different genre and i can say WOW this story is wonderfully written with rich detailed environment, characters, people and places. This story really took me away to an undersea adventure that really kept me guessing how the story would end with delicious plot twists and turns and character twists, dramatic happenings, betrayal, love and so much more. with a totally surprise ending I didn't expect the book really kept me involved right thru to the very e ...more
Rinou
C’est dommage que certaines situations ne soient pas mieux expliquées, et même s’il y a une petite histoire d’amour, il n’y a pas de HEA pour le couple (et vu le twist c’est normal !). Par contre ce roman m’a rappelé les livres de science-fiction que j’aimais quand j’étais ado.

Avis complet VO https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

VF https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/lesro...
Les Romantiques
Feb 18, 2021 rated it liked it
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

First I must warn that the publisher chose to present this book in the Romance section on Netgalley, but the author herself warns that it’s not a romance, in spite of a central love story. We meet here Evan when, after a shipwreck, he finds himself in a scientific base installed at the bottom of the ocean.

I
Tanja Glavnik
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing

This was a FANTASTIC book to start off 2021 with.

Yeah, okay, I got the copy way before 2020 ended - but with the holidays and all, I never got around to it before now, and I regret it. It's just so good!

The premise is fairly simple, really: if humanity knew about a different race sharing their planet - a race of humanoids, mind, with similar characteristics to ourselves - would we be willing to work with them, o
Suzanne
Feb 07, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2021-reads
Evan, an ex-military who struggles with PTSD, crashes in the ocean and is rescued by both mermaid and humans. Brought to this secret organisation in the depths of the sea, with no way to escape, he decides quickly to join these people. A new chance to do something good for the world.

I loved how this book explored the differences between the human society and the mer society, making them more than just these 'look-pretty' mermaids and merman. Their views and reasons to be against the humans are m
Cat
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Bookreviewgirl_xo
Sariana is a mermaid who's brother got killed by humans. Since then all she wanted was revenge. Evan is an ex-Marine who was saved by a mermaid when he was drowning when he was sailing with his friend, Dan. But ended up in the dome, the place underwater where secret experiments were going on by humans. He met Ana and they both fell in love despite their moral differences and trust issues. But then when it came to choosing between love and their believes, everything went downhill. Secrets were re ...more
Kim
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-sirens, scifi
**I received an ARC from Book Sirens and am leaving this review voluntarily.**
I really enjoyed this book. It was a unique and fresh viewpoint from an under-represented fantasy species. I can't quite seem to put my finger on why I won't give it five stars.
-Characters: well-developed, entertaining
-plot: Had a nice arc to it, sizzled in a couple of places, I got annoyed in a couple of places too, so that might be my hold up.
-pet peeves: The author didn't hit any of my peeves...this was a good leng
J.W. Ellenhall
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book is a fabulous twist on almost every mermaid trope you've ever heard of.🤩 It has impossible romance, mystery, & a good dose of suspense!

I loved:

*the premise with all its shadowy military cover-ups & fantastical undersea worlds
*the mermaid sex
*the damaged Evan wrestling his inner demons as he fights to save others
*ALL the mermaid characters
*the highlighting of the costs of all wars (above & below the sea)

I'm just sad that my "ship" sank, even though I should've known it would happen. A
Robin Perrtree
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Definitely NOT your typical mermaid story, or maybe it is? My young daughter would be appalled but some of the old sailor's stories were darker, I should have expected this to lean that direction with the "Siren" in the title, not to mention the description I read... This was a bit more violent that my usual reading selection, but this fantasy/sci-fi story was worth it. The plot twists kept me on the edge of my seat with e-reader in hand. The characters (both human and mer) were well written and ...more
Jasmine Alia
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I love mermaid stories and this one featured probably the most unique concept I've ever read. I won't spoil what happens(although my mind is still reeling from cetrain events that occur)but my favorite part of this read was how the Mers were portrayed. I am a strong advocate for the ocean and I loved how protective the Mers were of keeping it clean as well as the concern for their kind. I was offered an ARC of this book to review for free and overall enjoyed it! Check out my blog for a full leng ...more
Lucille
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
**I received an ARC from Book Sirens and am leaving this review voluntarily.**

Former Marine Evan Hunter and Sariana, a mermaid, are the two protagonists in this story where two species who inhabit the same planet are at opposites. Of course, the humans feel superior to the other humanoid species. It is a well thought-out story with an amazing twist at the end. It is action-packed, yet not without emotions.
The characters are well-rounded, believable, serious yet entertaining. I enjoyed this book
Sara
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-books

Siren's Call had me on the edge of my seat. I laughed. I was angry. I was sad. My heart broke plenty throughout the book. The story line is solid. The characters are likable and relatable. The author did great with the story telling, a different story for mermaids and I loved it. Minus a few errors, it was a solid book, I just don't give out five stars often. I'm planning to buy a copy once published to read the
Marion Craggs
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received a free advance copy of this book and wanted to leave a review. I was not expecting too much from a free book. But I really enjoyed reading it despite it being different to what I would usually read. It’s well written and held my attention. I felt I got to know the characters well throughout the book so was taken by surprise by the twist in the tale towards the end and that does not happen often. I won’t say more as I don’t want to spoil the story for anyone else.
Veronica Strachan
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darkly delightful fantasy

Mermaids and marines is an unexpected combination, but it works brilliantly. This is a clever and twisted tale with well-written characters and a page turning plot with a few surprises that I didn't see coming. It also carries an environmental thread that nudges your conscience to life. A great publishing debut from Fraser.
A great fantasy scifi genre bender.
Lori
Jan 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Received as a review copy, this is an honest review. Even Hunter's life goes upside down the moment that should have ended his life... only to be saved by a real mermaid and not his mind torn apart by PTSD. An unknown government facility conducting bizarre experiments that are leaving bodies and mermaids seeking vengeance against bringing them so much danger. Even finds himself caught in the middle that could cost everything. ...more
Suzy Ostapower
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As humans we are destroying our world. I see it everywhere. There’s suffering on land and sea. This book left an ache in my heart. I did enjoy the story and the characters are very well written. The author did an excellent job at their development.

Melissa
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So lucky to get to read an ARC of this! The characters were amazing - two side characters have stolen my heart (and I secretly ship them, though I've no reason to). The plot was fascinating and the climax knocked me on my butt. For real. Blindsided. This book ripped me to shreds in all the best ways and I cannot wait to see what amazing work Clemetine brings us next! ...more
Nadine
Feb 05, 2021 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this story. You don't often find stories with mermaids especially when there is also romance. I was really impressed with how the author was able to incorporate real life with the magic of mermaids and the mad science of the research station. I found the ending different and unexpected. I definitely recommend this book. I received a free copy of this book. ...more
L. Storms
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unique mermaid story! Not what I expected at all and not what I’d normally pick up. Clementine Fraser’s is a talented writer and I look forward to seeing future works from her...especially a sequel to Siren’s Call. Because omg, I wanted more!!!
Elvira
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a great time with the well written and smooth flowing Storyline. The characters are engaging and well developed with plenty of chemistry throughout the pages. The author did a great job.

I received an advance review copy, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Pamela Woodson
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love mermaids and this bool gave me my mermaid fix along with songs and a hot man. I would to continue to read more books like this one. I could not put it down......Awesome job......

Kay Mcleer
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, the characters were great and I really enjoyed the storyline. The writing style was great and I look forward to reading more from the author.

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
New to me author Ms. Fraser throws me into a whirlpool of scientific cruelty, magical merpeople and damaged war veterns. I picked up this book because I love reading about mermaids. As a water lover, I was interested to see another interpretation of a mermaid society. I am surprised and pleased by the coldness displayed by the merpeople in this book. Is this going to be a series? It would be interesting to see because I want to learn more about this underwater world.

To read the rest of my review
Phyllis
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.  From the first page, I  was hooked. I loved the characters and the storyline was great. I was given an Advanced Reader Copy and voluntarily reviewed it.
Amanda Evernden
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Absolutely loved reading this. Fantasy romance is my favourite kind of book and once i started reading this, I couldn't put it down! Filled with action and emotions it is a must read. From the first page its soo detailed throughout that you can almost picture yourself there and feel everything they feel, which I've not felt in some books i have read. I will definitely look out for more of her work.
Andrea Fraser
Apr 07, 2021
Jessica Mondy
Feb 25, 2021

• In a Holidaze
  • The SEAL’s Convenient Wife (Hartsville’s SEAL Heroes #1)
  • Deadly Retaliation (Twisted, Dark and Deadly #1)
  • A Trail of Pearls
  • The Duke is Wicked (League of Lords Book 3)
  • Wildest (Demon Hunter Romance #2)
  • To Kill a Fae (The Dragon Portal, #1)
  • The Lying, the Witch, and the Werewolf (Down & Dirty Supernatural Cleaning Services #4)
  • Facets of Power (The Dragon Portal, #3)
  • Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
  • By Blood and Magic (The Dragon Portal #2)
  • Court of Swans (The Dericott Tales, #1)
  • Cemetery Boys
  • A Farewell to Charms (Down & Dirty Supernatural Cleaning Services #3)
  • One to Watch
  • Mind Waves (Mind Hackers, #1)
  • Gentleman Jim
  • Caught by the Wolves (Alpha Claimed, #1)
Clementine Fraser lives in the City of Sails in the land of the hobbits with two boisterous sons and a giant doofus rescue dog. In her day job, she teaches teenagers to love history.
She graduated with a Masters Degree in History and worked as a professional historian before she started teaching. Her love of history and social justice influence many aspects of her life and filter into her writing.

News & Interviews