Start by marking “Mr. D (Black Mountain Academy)” as Want to Read:
Mr. D (Black Mountain Academy)

(Black Mountain Academy)

Good girls do not go to the principal’s office.
Good girls do not lust for the principal.
Good girls do not obsess over the principal.
I am clearly not a good girl.

I can’t help myself.
I need him.
Mr. D
I need his guidance, his protection, his authority, and above all…
I need his touch.

I know it’s wrong and even forbidden.
But I have one consuming fantasy…

*Mr. D is part of th
Kindle Edition
Published October 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Mr. D, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. D

Start your review of Mr. D (Black Mountain Academy)
Catherine Russell
Book: Mr. D
Author: Alta Hensley
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Genre: Forbidden Romance
Rating: 3 Stars!

Age: Corrine - 19; Drew - ?

*Spoilers Ahead.*

So wrong. So twisted. So unhealthy. But we both didn’t give a fuck.

'Mr. D' is my first book from Alta Hensley and wow, does this book pack a punch! It's a forbidden (principle/student) story with some off-the-charts chemistry. This book is a twisted take on a student-teacher romance. The story will pull you in from the ve
myo 🍒 (myonna reads)
this one made me extremely uncomfortable
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

‘Mr. D’ is a standalone romance by Alta Hensley , which is also a part of the ‘Black Mountain Academy’ series. Told in dual perspectives , this book was the true definition of CRAZY!

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? I mean this book literally has me speechless!

What I thought this book would be when I saw the Blurb:

What it was for the starting 60% :

what I mean to say was the it was Tame , very Tame!! But then you can blame it on My twisted mind to al
Mariam Mohsen
Nov 02, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars..
The book was so good.
I loved the plot and the writing stile was interesting and really enjoyable.
I'm pretty sure this marvellous high school dark series has a lot more..
Loved it
Paula  Phillips
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it

I had been very excited to start this book as it had captured my attention from the simple three words "Black Mountain Academy". Anything that has been set in a boarding school or a high school scenario is one of my favorite book tropes. The other thing which drew me to this book was the author as I am a fan of Alta Hensley's dark romance writing. Mr. D started with our main female heroine Corrine moving to Black Mountain and attending Black Mountain Academy and we are presented with the fact th
We Like them Dark Book Blog
Shelves: 2020

"Mr D" is the standalone novel in dual perspective, part of the Black Mountain Academy.

Corrode is a student at Black Mountain Academy, who has encountered some unfortunate incident which left her unprotected to bad people. Mr D, the principal of the Academy sees her and his protective side for her took control.
And there begin the taboo relationship between a principal and his student.

I really like the concept behind this book...It wasn't all sex..sex..sex....there was a genuine story and love,
Reading with XY
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I never expected to enjoy this, but I did.
I have read student-teacher trope, but student-principle?
Fuck me, it felt like an even bigger recipe for disaster. So of course, I had to read it.
Surprisingly, that wasn't the big hurdle they had to overcome because the heroine was 19 and was technically an adult.
There was a bigger problem that they had to faced, namely the "stalker" of the heroine
I can't believe I never read the books from this author before, her sex scenes are seriously A-MAZ-ING
I did
Marcie
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is an insane ride!

This is my first read by Alta and I am thrown. What I thought was going to be a run of the mill damsel in distress story was anything but that. I really loved the twist that I didn’t see coming (and I can spot them usually). Alta escalated the plot perfectly and kept me engrossed (I finished this read in one day) until the ending.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
[image error]

* KU Read

You have to love Alta and the story she weaves around you with Mr. D. Mr. D is an unexpected story that dropped in my lap while reading the Black Mountain Academy collection and I am so glad it did.

This story is a twisted, misunderstood, secretive, student/principle love story, and everything you think you know while reading it, trust me you do not. I felt for these two characters right off the bat. Corrine is given such a bad rep that you feel for her right away. You wan
Vinessa
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh wow, never saw that coming.
She needed love
Her mother abandoned her for stardom
Never knew her father
She switched school like the days change
She is being stalked?
There is a crazy person in our mist.
Mr. D is her principal and he cares.
The plan changes with the pages.
Why did she leave L.A.
What is Kevins role in her life
Why is she always late to school
Is her OCD real?
Are the voices in her head real or is she going insane.
Did she really do that?
He is livid and confused
She crawled into his b
April Symes
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mr D" is the standalone novel part of the Black Mountain Academy. It's a taboo romance. Corrine and Mr. D will entice you with their sizzling taboo romance. He's her principal and she's the student at his academy. The story looks to be going one way and suddenly spins in another. OMG! You will love this hot, intense, twisted, steamy, angsty romance. Get ready for the ride!

My Rating: 4.5 stars ******
J. Ockenhouse
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you think this is going to be a standard taboo romance than you are in for a few shocks.

Corrine is a complex woman. I don't want to spill the beans but she is going to make your head spin.

Mr. D, the principal, who see a woman that's in fear and as his protective ways deepen so does his feelings for his "student". But like I said I thought okay that's it but nope...it's going to get twisty in there.

Revelations come to light and as I would expect nothing less from Alta we are in for a show. I
SBee Reviews
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
★ On his radar - twisty and engaging story ★

—>>> Corrine lands herself on Black Mountain Academy’s principal Mr. D’s radar when she misses too many classes, and he has to take action. One event leads to another, and Drew Dawson finds he is unable to look the other way and ot do all he can to help Corrine, especially when he discovers the reason behind her school absences. Twisty and engaging story!
Alicia
Nov 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Wow... totally didn’t see that one coming. I really enjoyed the end, I guess it’s more of a HFN situation but still good.

I didn’t like the whole Shelly situation. That whole scene really made my stomach drop, even though Mr. D and Corinne weren’t anything at the time. I just really hate OW situations and this felt like one of those.

I’d give this a 3.5⭐️
SheReads
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: forbidden, age-gap, dark
2.5 stars.

Honestly, I think this could have been an easy 4-5 stars if it weren't this short as the storyline was interesting but the novella aspect of it caused things a lot of things to be rushed and undeveloped. That said, this was my first read by this author and I did like it.
Christina
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Fast moving quick read that was well written. A taboo, age gap story line. Wish there was alittle more back story to Mr. D though. Corrine was just loco, interesting to see a female stalker, don't see that often.
Isabelle MBTL
Shelves: 4-stars

Young Adult/Adult, Contemporary, Taboo Romance, Age-Gap, High School, Psychological Thriller

First Person, Dual-POV

This is a standalone book that is part of the Black Mountain Academy series. “A multi-author series of standalone books filled with drama, angst, love, lust, and everything in-between. Light or dark, twisted or sweet, the Black Mountain Academy has something for every reader.”

Black Mountain Academy.

From the outside, it may look perfect and ideal—school

Sparklin
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was definitely unlike any other book. That I have read this year. You are just going to have to read it so you can get the full effect. Because Alta takes this book to another level with her twist.
Brianna
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it
It was what I thought it would be.. except for a twist that left me uncomfortable. Interesting enough read even if the last 25% is pretty slow.
Thea™
Sep 18, 2020 marked it as 2-to-read-now
Yoneidis Martín Martínez
The story of Corrine and Mr.D is more than a forbidden relationship between a student and the principal of the school. When I started the book and read that Corrine has a stalker, I thought it was bc she was the daughter of a famous actress, but as I keep reading I realize that is more than that. Get ready for the surprises!!
In addition to the obvious sexual attraction they feel for each other, there is also the fact that Mr.D feels very protective towards this young woman who has no one in her
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mr. D by Alta Hensley was a sexy and sinful taboo romance with some deeply flawed, twisted and yet intriguing characters. The story has twists and angsty emotions in spades.

Corrine lives under constant fear of a stalker. She is practically living alone in her family vacation home at Black Mountain and attending the Academy as her celebrity Hollywood actress mother doesn't care about her at all. The principal, Mr. D finds out about her unfortunate situation after a particularly dangerous situatio
Reading to Stay Awake
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read a few Alta Hensley books and this one was not as 'full on' as previous ones; that may be because it's part of a serious with other authors and in no way takes away from the quality of the book or story but it isn't Naughty Girl or even Elegant Sins. It feels as though there may have been a series plan for the book to have been written to though.

Saying that it is definitely an Alta Hensley book with all the star quality that we expect. Plenty of sexual chemistry between the characters,
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
There are many things happening in this story that make it not actually a forbidden relationship as the primary focus. There is protection going on, and a desire to help a young person who is ignored and left on their own to deal with some major dangerous issues. So it’s “different”.

Corrine Parker has transferred to the Black Mountain Academy recently and it doesn’t take long for her to gain the awareness of the principal, Drew Dawson (“Mr. D”), because of attendance problems. With her mother to
Late Night Reviews
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved so much about this book! I went into it thinking it was going to be a classic student/teacher one but it became so much more. Such a wicked twist that I didn't see coming at all, until it smacked me in the face. Good job, I mean really!

Corrine has a stalker and it has made her school life take a back seat. Since she is always late she has to be sent to the principals office. Once he finds out what is going on, Mr. D is so concerned for her and wants nothing more than to help her through
Jessica Roessler
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing

OH MAN. Mr.D and Corrine's story was ADDICTING.
It brought suspense, taboo/forbidden, along with forgiveness and trust.
&Just when you think you know what is going to happen, you get blindsided by something completely out of left field, and that made the story even more exciting for me!

Our main FMC Corrine is always feeling as if someone is watching her. Along with strange things happening in her home, she is certain that she has a stalker. Each day she stresses over who is watching her, and what
Lalaland
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t usually enjoy this genre, ie entitled teenagers with too much of everything most especially hormones and cruelty but I am a fan of Ms Hensley and this was focused on more adult characters so I decided to give it a go. It was a very quick read which surprisingly I couldn’t leave until I’d finished. Corinne is the 19 year old neglected daughter of a major movie star who is conspicuous by her absence in her daughter’s life. She has missed her final year of school for reasons unknown and has ...more
Hanan
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Going into this book I didn’t know what to expect.
But I most certainly did not expect what I read!
Holy forks it blew my mind because I certainly did not see that coming!
I really liked Corrine.
Being the daughter of a well known actress.
I thought she be bratty and spoiled,
She is far from that.
Corrine is almost a loner.
Hardly any friends.
She doesn’t go out and party.
She’s a homebody and quite.
She’s well traveled so she interesting and sophisticated for her age.
Mr. D is the principal of BMA.
He’s a d
Allyson
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
An intoxicating surprise of a story by Alta that had my jaw dropping by the epic spin of turn of events within the Black Mountain Academy.

"Get the straitjackets out, because I was going all in."

Corrine and Mr. D entices you with their secret lust fest and their taboo relationship of student and Principal. Their connection is real while in the moment but when D learns a secret about Corrine, will he stay present in her life and fight for her, or will he be another person who just ignores her
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is brilliant. It is unique and it is beyond forbidden, in so many ways. You will definitely find yourself questioning your own morals, and wondering whether it’s ok to like the book, but it is definitely written perfectly to be absolutely devoured in one sitting. You just won’t want to put it down, without finding out what’s round the corner. You are being lured in for something big.

The storyline is very unique and excellent to really give you something fresh to read. It flows we
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Taken at Midnight
  • Tyrant Twins
  • The Italian Obsession (The Italians #3)
  • The Devil's Vow
  • Elegant Sins
  • To Burn in Brutal Rapture
  • Violent Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #2)
  • Obsessed
  • Hypothetically
  • Daddy's Angel
  • Be My Babygirl
  • Savage Lover  (Brutal Birthright #3)
  • Taint Her (Rebels at Sterling Prep, #3)
  • Kings of Anarchy (Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep #3)
  • Always My Babygirl: A Billionaire Romance (Vegas Daddies)
  • No Love Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #5)
  • Kings of Lockdown (Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep, #2)
  • It's Never Easy (Boudreaux Universe)
Alta Hensley is a USA TODAY bestselling author of hot, dark and dirty romance. She is also an Amazon Top 100 bestselling author. Being a multi-published author in the romance genre, Alta is known for her dark, gritty alpha heroes, sometimes sweet love stories, taboo undertones, and engaging tales of the constant struggle between dominance and submission.

Alta also loves to connect with her readers

Black Mountain Academy (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Deviant (Black Mountain Academy)
  • She's Mine (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Ruthless (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Hate Me
  • The Pretender (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Charity (Black Mountain Academy)