Start by marking “Home at Summer's End” as Want to Read:
Home at Summer's End

Home at Summer's End

(Full Bloom Farm #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  40 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Rose Anderson is done with being known as “the nice one” in the small town in Northern California where she lives. She’s done with playing third, fifth, seventh wheel at loud gatherings on her family’s flower farm. And most of all, she is done with the pitying looks and well-meaning comments she gets about her single status from the way-too-interested townsfolk.

No one seem
Published October 15th 2020 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Home at Summer's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home at Summer's End

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Home at Summer's End
Berit☀️✨
Fun and flirty! Hopeful and heartwarming! This is the final book in Alice Murray’s delightful small town Romance Full Bloom Farm series. Rose has been reluctant when it comes to love, but now that everyone around her has coupled up she’s beginning to considerate. But that doesn’t mean she wants to deal with her mother and sister’s constant meddling. So when her BFF Annie, the biggest Meddler of them all, offers to set her up with someone who is in town to film a movie Rose thinks this is the per ...more
Carrie
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review coming soon.
Shalini
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very sweet read where Alys Murray's style of writing brought romance back to the pages. Two unlikeliest people were brought together. One date and a fake relationship to put off people slowly brought Rose and Cole together.

Some parts meandered but most of it brought out the happiness of emerging love. Overall, a sweet read
Lu
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Flower-shop-girl meets Hollywood Star

Home at Summer’s End is a story of loving people for what they really are, despite all misleading appearances.

Rose Anderson owned a flower shop in a small town selling the flowers produced on her family’s farm.

She loved the peaceful and quiet town and was content with her life choices. She wished her family and friends would understand that, instead of keeping matchmaking and worrying about her absent love life.

Their intentions were good, but they were quite
Susan Peterson
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet and tender love story. Rose is trying to get her family off her back about finding true love, Cole is trying to win back the woman who broke his heart. They decide to pretend-date, but as the days go by they start to have feelings for each other, but neither of them are brave enough to tell the other. I love books which feature characters who have closed off their hearts, and it always warms my own heart when they let themselves be vulnerable. This is the fourth book in this ...more
Kirsty Noah-whitlock
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Description:

Rose Anderson is done with being known as “the nice one” in the small town where she lives. She’s done with playing third, fifth, seventh wheel at loud gatherings on her family’s flower farm. And most of all, she is done with the pitying looks she gets about her single status from the way-too-interested townsfolk.

Busy with her flower-arranging business, Rose has no time for a man, thank you very much. And it has nothing to do with the scars she still nurses from her last breakup
Linda
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet, small town romance💕

3.5-4🌟stars
This story struck me as more women's fiction than romance though the male lead also does his share of soul searching and emotional growth. Heroine Rose is stuck in a rut, hiding from her emotions and afraid to stretch herself toward any of her lifetime goals, including a career as a perfumier, love and a family of her own. She's got issues with her family and hopes an outsider can help solve them without putting herself out there too much to risk bursting her
AizaSamsuri
Sep 23, 2020 rated it liked it
I want to thanks Bookouture and Netgalley for an ARC version of this book for me.

I struggled with this book a lot. First 150 page, is really interesting, makes me want to know what will happen next but when it past page 200, I started to feel boring to read. But Im glad that I manage to finish this book.

I literally don't know what to write for this review. I like Rose and Cole but sometimes, there are certain parts where their chemistry doesn't meet each other. Sometimes, I can feel that there i
Patty
Oct 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Home at Summer's End by Alys Murray is the 4th book in the Full Bloom Farm romantic series, and my first book by this author. This book made me relax visualizing sitting on the beach, listening to the water sounds. I found this book to be a quick and fun read, and look forward to reading more books by this author. I love the quirky people and situations in this book, and watching the characters grow. I recommend this book for people who enjoy pretend romances that become real.
I received a compl
Kat
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fake relationships never work out the way they’re supposed to, but local beauty Rose and actor Cole are determined to do it right and not fall in love.

Well, I did it again and didn’t start with the first book. Though, with a book series like this, it isn’t strictly necessary to read them in order; they’re more or less standalones, though it’s still nice to know the background on the surrounding characters. In this case, Home at Summer’s End is the last book of the Full Bloom Farm quartet. But I
Mirna Skuhan
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I want to thank Bookouture and NetGalley for an ARC version of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I am really struggling to find the words for this story. I honestly don't want to do any injustice to the author, but something was not quite right and it is hard to pin point what exactly and I am also confused because it had some great parts. So I am literally all over the place how to write this one. :)

To follow the story of Rose and Cole was at times so sweet, so lovely but then again i
Samadhee Ismail
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley and Bookouture for this ARC! This review is based completely on my honest opinion.

This book is the fourth and final book of the Full Bloom Farm Series. This is the second book I have read from this author, the first, Perfect Hideaway, which is book 3 of this series. This time, the book tells about Rose Anderson who is now the only single one in the family. She is happily running her flower shop and is creating perfumes with the flowers in her shack. Then meet Cole McKittrick,
Annarella
This is the last time I visit Hillsboro, California and have fun with the Anderson sisters and Annie.
We met the other sisters and Annie, rooted for them and had a lot of fun in reading this series but, as all good things, this is the end.
Rose is the “sweet” sister, the one who dreams about romance but never fell in love. She’s feeling “different” as she’s the one without a special one in her life.
And we meet Cole, the actor that hope that stardom is the next step in his career.
This is the start
Elaine
This series just got better with the fake it romance between movie/television star Cole McKittrick and the last of the unattached Anderson clan, Rose. Rose is supposedly the sweet one in the family, the oldest sibling who usually took care of her sisters. However, now they and their best friend (and matchmaker), Annie, have all found their true loves, they seem determined to make Rose’s life a misery by forever showing how much in love they are with their partners and trying to find Rose an equa ...more
Corinne Rodrigues
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
As I’ve read all the three books about the Anderson sisters and their friend Annie before this, I’ve grown to love the small town Hillsboro and all its characters. Through all the other books, Rose comes across as being the nice one who doesn’t get into scrapes, except in The Perfect Hideaway where she challenges Annie by calling her bluff! That’s when I realized that there was more to Rose than met the eye.

It was nice to discover a Rose who is fed up of playing second fiddle to her sisters and
Joanna Lambert
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I read The Magnolia Sisters I’ve been hooked on every one of Alys Murray’s stories about Hillsboro and the Anderson family – Rose, Harper and May and their best friend Annie who has moved to the town from LA. Home at Summer’s Cove features sister Rose. Rose is the romantic of the group. She runs the flower shop in the town. Despite her protests - as the story begins over dinner on her birthday evening with the other three - finding love is what she longs for. Sadly she has never foun ...more
J_Mc 251
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and have been hooked since Harper’s story in The Magnolia Sisters. I have been avidly waiting for Rose’s story. If you’ve read the rest of the series, you know what to expect – realistic characters in a bucolic setting with incidents, interactions, and events that all feel perfectly normal. The author has a talent for making the reader feel like they’re a townsperson of Hillsboro. Something is comforting in the familiarity of all of it. I really dig Rose’s character. I like ho ...more
Carolyn's
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to Rose's book after reading the previous book in this series. Rose is the one there for everyone, always the supporter, but that gives them the belief they can always give her their opinions, specifically on how she should be living her romantic life. Poor Rose is fed up and wants them all to back off. Scheming with the Hollywood hottie in town on a film shoot, Rose and Cole spend tons of time together to seem a "couple".

Now Cole is new in town and filming his movie, but
Penny Leidecker
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by Alys Murray and I’ve already purchased the previous books in this series, so I can read when time permits. This is the story of the last single Anderson sibling, Rose, and Cole, an up and coming actor. Cole left a television series and is going to star in a movie. He realizes he needs some help to pull off the non-existent chemistry with the female star. Enter Annie, a friend to both Cole and Rose, with the perfect solution. Rose has her own reasons for gettin ...more
Nancy
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley, Alys Murray and Bookouture for the ARC of Home At Summer’s End. This is my personal review for the ARC.
Home at Summer’s End is the fourth book in the Full Bloom Farm series.
It is about Rose the only sister in the Anderson family to not have found true love yet. She has her own thoughts on love and she knows when the right one comes along; she will be all in for life!
I loved this entire series and was so happy to get the copy to fulfill my dreams of knowing what happens wi
Vera Blaz
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2020, netgalley
Fake relationships don't ever really stay fake, do they? Rose wants to get her family off her back about finding love. Cole wants to win back his ex-girlfriend while learning how to find chemistry with his newest co-star. They had rules. They had boundaries. They weren't supposed to develop feelings. This book was more than a fake romance turned real. It was about self-discovery, and self-confidence, opening eyes to certain realities, and getting others to see the protagonists as themselves and ...more
Emma Watson
I was given this book through Netgalley.

I really enjoyed this book it was a very sweet love story.

It is about Rose who decides after getting asked if she wants set up on a date that she will go for it. She asks her friend Annie to set her up. This is where Cole comes in who is a friend of Annie's he is an actor who is filming in the town so Rose meets him and he wants to get back with his ex girlfriend so Rose and Cole decide to have a fake relationship.

There is chemistry between Rose and Cole w
Rachel Kennedy
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great read, the story of Rose and Cole.

They are set up by a mutual friend, and start on a fake relationship, both for their own reasons. It soon becomes anything but fake, but Cole is keeping a secret which could change everything, so what will happen when Rose finds out?

I hadn't read any of the other books in the series but don't think it mattered

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.
Julie
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

A lighthearted easy read. I liked Rose and Cole’s story, and enjoyed reading it. I did not read the earlier books and did not feel like I needed to for this story. I never fully connected with the characters but not enough to stop reading. I plan to go back and read the others in this series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the advanced copy for an honest review.
Claire Scott
Sep 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I really struggled with this book, I found it very whiny and really didn’t like any of the characters. Maybe because I hadn’t read any of the previous books but I found the family to be quite patronising towards Rose. Not for me this one
Barbara Tobey
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet romance suitable for Hallmark. Another fake romance fail. Lots of self examination and growth on the part of both individuals. No intimate details, just some sweet kisses. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
ines M
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
The story of Rose and Cole is sweet. A nice and easy read without being too deep or complicated.
I liked it very much.
Thank you Netgalley for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Chris gerst
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great series to read. I highly recommend this book and author
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Check out the full review at Kritters Ramblings

The fourth in a series and although each book's love story is self contained, I really recommend starting at book one as the stories build upon each other as the characters show up in each book.

This book focused on Rose Anderson, one of the sisters from this family in Northern California that owns and operates a flower farm. Rose owns a floral shop, but her true passion lies in making fragrance and it is where she would much rather spend her time.
Michele
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having not read the previous books in this series, I started reading Rose's story. I honestly didn't feel like I was missing anything except maybe some more family dynamic from the other stories.

Rose is guarding her heart from a past love mistake but also lives in a small town so new dating prospects are hard to come by. She is living out multiple romance book tropes when she agrees to fake date a movie star in town.

I loved the idea and the story was light hearted and sweet. It was about going t

• First Date
  • The Stolen Letter: A completely gripping and emotional World War 2 historical novel
  • My Husband's Daughter
  • Everybody Lies
  • If Every Day Was Christmas
  • The Bluebell Girls (Lake Summers #2)
  • One Family Christmas
  • Summer at Hope Haven
  • The Wife
  • The Faithfuls (The Sisterhood Series)
  • Alaska Spark
  • Salju Kyoto
  • Layakkah Aku?
  • Date Me
  • 1 Pengakuan 9 Luahan
  • Pelangi untuk Ara
  • I'm Not a Monster
  • Aku Lelakimu
Alys Murray is an author who writes for the romantic in all of us. Though she graduated with a degree in Drama from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts and a Master’s in Film Studies from King’s College London, her irrepressible love of romance led her to a career as an author, and she couldn’t be happier to write these stories!

Her debut novel, The Christmas Company, was the first original Christmas no

Full Bloom Farm (4 books)
  • The Magnolia Sisters