Start by marking “My Lord” as Want to Read:
My Lord

My Lord

Tristanja, 1239 AD

Having lost her home and family in a raid, Meya flees east but is captured and abused by a slave trader before being sold to Lord Deminas, patron of the local lands. She’s forced to work as his chambermaid and discovers the Lord is as cruel as the rumours have made him out to be.

Yet, he’s rather protective of Meya and punishes anyone who dares hurt her. E
ebook
Published October 31st 2020 by Gurt Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about My Lord, please sign up.
L.B. Shimaira Abduction, off-page & non-graphic sexual abuse (rape is condemned), graphic sex (consent is emphasised), some kink play (wax play, knife & blood play,…moreAbduction, off-page & non-graphic sexual abuse (rape is condemned), graphic sex (consent is emphasised), some kink play (wax play, knife & blood play, bondage, and mention of spanking and breath play), graphic violence, gore, death, vampirism, cannibalism, and illness (pneumonia).
It deals with PTSD and features a queer, polyamorous relationship.

~You can always reach out to me on any platform if you wish to enquire more details ♥(less)

Start your review of My Lord
Althea
My Lord follows Meya, who is taken from her bedchambers and sold by slavers to work as the chambermaid for Lord Deminas. She has seen first hand his cruelty, and soon learns just how brutal he can really be to those who cross him. However, he is also strangely kind to, and protective of, her, going as far to punish those who hurt her. Even as he drinks her blood, he is always sure never to drink too much, and to quickly heal the cuts he makes. But as servants start going missing and a new guest ...more
Des Astor
This was definitely a different book than I'm used to reading, and I can definitely say it'd be a hit with some people! As for me, I didn't really attach to the characters at all, and I especially disliked Lord Deminas. I understand what the aim was here, of course, with his character, but I personally just didn't enjoy that aspect at all. Those who enjoy the darker aspects of BDSM might, and I'm into BDSM myself, but this was a personal miss for me.

The vampire lore in this work was interesting
Eli Gregory
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Claire
This book is unlike anything I've read before. It kept me up until 1 AM on two separate occasions and is compulsively readable. Meya, the main character, is extremely likable and sympathetic, as are the secondary characters - particularly Nina.

I loved the polyam romance with an emphasis on communication and consent, as well as the various sexualities of the main characters. Nothing is explicitly stated, but it seems like everybody is bi- or pansexual, and it isn't seen as subversive or unexpecte
Shane Blackheart
I want to start by saying I've spoken with L.B. Shimaira, and she's one of the sweetest, most supportive people in the writing community. I wanted to support her because I love darker books, and I'm really glad I did.

'My Lord' begins with Meya, a woman who had lost pretty much everything to war. She's captured and abused by slavers, and after getting sexually assaulted -- which Shimaira does not describe but fades to black -- Meya realizes her fate is inevitable. She is sold to Lord Deminas, who
Evelyn Silver
Nov 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
More of a 3.5, but rounding up since I did very much enjoy the kinky parts!

I would rate My Lord by L. B. Shimaira the following, with 5 being the max:
⭐⭐⭐ 3/5 for the writing style. It could have used a touch more editing, but no glaring typos. Just personal stylistic choices I would enjoy done a little differently.
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4/5 for the characters. Overall, I enjoyed the main characters a lot! However, it does seem odd that there were so many misbehaving slaves/servants when the consequences were so
Ashutosh Moru
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very, very grounded dark fiction, erotic novel that not only delves into varied aspects of queer and non-conventional sexual intimacies but through the characters lovingly explains it to anyone who might not have been exposed to these aspects.

As an overview, this book is a five out of five for many reasons. There is a story, lore, characters that have depth and are written with love. There is top-notch writing, and a narrative that moves at a brisk pace. If you are looking for something dark t
Emily Hurricane
Jan 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After reading In Sickness and in Hell, I was sure that I would be into anything Shimaira produced. I ordered a copy of My Lord in hardcover because it is gorgeous, and meant to leisurely read it over time, letting myself live and bask in the world for a while.

Yeah, I binged it. Every deep and dark sultry page.

I was hooked from the get go—I knew that Shimaira was good at horror, and given the time period and gothic feel, expected terror at every turn. But My Lord is much more subtle, an underlyin
Dee Rasha
Aug 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The perfect combination of mystery, horror, and romance.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys complex characters, a portion of eroticism, and a good mystery in their literature. So, if you are looking for a hot romance wrapped in dark secrets, spiced up with a pinch of horror, you've come to the right place.

My Lord takes you to the inhospitable times of middle age where the options for anybody are very limited. Where servants are to obey and the Lords hold the absolute pow
RACHEL REED
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an LGBTQ+ Ployamory gothic horror romance.
It revolves around Meya who is forced into a life of slavery against her will and made to be the chambermaid to a Lord Deminas. His reputation as being cold and ruthless preceeds him but he will brutally punish anyone who does her wrong.
As Meya is thrust into her new life and adopts her new role, she meets someone who makes her life more bearable.
But what she doesn't understand are Lord Demina's intentions and what he intends to do with her once
Jodie Anders
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a really interesting read.

I enjoyed the relationships as well as the general plot, but it did move a little slow. I did find myself reading faster towards the second half and really enjoyed the plot more in the second half.
The first half had a bit too much about the gossip, a bit much repetition of the main character's questions and feelings (I'd have preferred to work some of it out myself instead of being told over and over), and the dialog felt a bit flat or unrealistic.
There were
Rose Lovejoy
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
(I’ll try to leave spoilers out) There’s so many aspects to this book that I enjoyed! I loved how it wasn’t the typical romance story, there’s an interesting twist to it. Then it wasn’t the typical vampire story and wasn’t in your face like “fangs and blood oh my!” it was very subtle. I also liked how consent was kept between the main characters. The author really strived to keep that I could tell while at the same time maintaining the lord/servant dynamic. The Lord himself was very enchanting a ...more
Tiffany Tucker
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book will have you on the edge of your seat (in the most fantastic way possible). When I first read this book I was completely and utterly sucked into the world of “My Lord”. This work of art is by far the greatest thing that my eyes have seen. I’m so glad I read this. It’s 100% a true page turner!! To find out all of the mysteries, and to see the way that the author has put so much time into character develop is honestly just breathtaking!! Do yourself a favor, go get this book!! You’re ey ...more
Nyhterides
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the easiest five stars I've given a book. This dark tale was a pleasure to read, it's well-written with amazing details and characters you can't help but love (and hate... Commander Andreas, I'm looking at you.). This is a story I've read twice in a short while and I'm pretty sure I'll be reading it many more times. If you're a fan of dark works, then My Lord is going to make you very happy. L. B. Shimaira is an author your going to be seeing a lot of in the future. ...more
Jyvur Entropy
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I first read this book on wattpad, while this author was still querying. I was so ecstatic to hear she found a publisher for it! Woot! That wattpad to published pipeline!

This is such a unique and dark, twisty story. Part horror part romance. What other book has cannibalism and erotic bathtimes? The strange contrast was something I couldn't get enough of.

Shimaira is a truly talented author and deserves all of her success <3
Cassidy
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely phenomenal! My Lord is the perfect book for people who love Gothic themes, horror, romance, supernatural characters, erotica, and gore. The characters are well-made and well-rounded. The plot is both chilling and absolutely amazing, and the writing is beautiful! It's a great addition to your bookshelf! ...more
Dumitru Iuliana
Apr 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The book its amazing and very captivating. I LOVE allí Shimaira's books because they keep you hooked! ...more
Cynikal
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!! I enjoyed it all the way, definitely one of my favourites. The characters are portrayed so uniquely and brilliantly, I loved it.
Ezra Arndt
Apr 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Deliciously dark and full of characters with strength, this erotic gothic book with vampirism and cannibalism satisfied my kink craving.
Sophia
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
L.B Shimaira is a fantastic writer whose characters captivate from start to finish. Though the tale is dark, it is the relationship between the characters that show hope and love even in dire circumstances.
My Lord is a must read that will not disappoint.
Sure we will be hearing plenty of good things in the future from this infinitely talented writer.
Melissa Fengári
Jan 26, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
🔥I enjoyed this over all. The story was good, slow but good.

I didn't love the totally modern language. Like, ok I didn't want it to be Chaucer, but I'd expect something different for a book set in the 1200s. Idk. The words used didn't support the setting. Also the setting was generated by what I know of the time period basically. Not much world building. It was fine, but worth mentioning.

Overall I liked the characters except for the main one. Meya was way too passive. Everyone kept saying how s
April-Jane Rowan
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The perfect mix of romance, kink and horror. If that wasn't amazing enough it also has poly rep! ...more
Rachel Rouen
Nim
Sep 16, 2021
Trina
Nov 27, 2022

• A Crown of Talons (A Throne of Swans #2)
  • Twelve Caesars: Images of Power from the Ancient World to the Modern
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans #1)
  • Angela Carter's Book of Fairy Tales
  • The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)
  • Romeo & Julia
  • The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1)
  • City of Secrets (Stravaganza, #4)
  • This Poison Heart (This Poison Heart, #1)
  • City of Masks (Stravaganza, #1)
  • The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1)
  • Seraphina (Seraphina, #1)
  • A Love Story for Bewildered Girls
  • Love Is for Losers
  • Ariadne
  • Happy & You Know It
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
  • Legendborn (Legendborn, #1)
L.B. Shimaira is from the Netherlands, born in 1989, is married and has a daughter. She has a Bachelor of Applied Science degree and works as a research technician, where she helps develop vaccines.

She considers herself a horror addict, having been into the genre since she was a little kid. As she often finds horror too predictable, she enjoys trying to make her own works full of surprises—and avo