Start by marking “Summer of Sundaes” as Want to Read:
Summer of Sundaes

Summer of Sundaes

After dropping out a semester short of college graduation, Bailey Madison inherits the management of her family's struggling ice cream shop in Seward, Alaska. When Kingsley Tours needs her prime location to expand their business into the Last Frontier, Bailey must use her wits and creative ice cream recipes to save her shop.

Usually carefree and self-centered Brahms Kingsle
Published September 11th 2020 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Summer of Sundaes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer of Sundaes

Start your review of Summer of Sundaes
N.N. Light
Sometimes one kiss is more than just one kiss. Like the perfect topping on a glorious sundae, the perfect kiss could be life changing. For Bailey, the kiss was a flavor she could never shake. For Brahms, life-changing the kiss was the flavor of a lifetime.

This story shows clearly that the wind from one door closing does open another. There is something else on the menu. Despite obstacles both real and imagined, love will win out. The author manages to provide a clear picture of the familiar iss
Cathy
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Amey Zeigler’s debut novel, The Swiss Mishap, last year. So I was really excited to see that she had another book for me to read. I devoured this one, pun intended. It was a perfect escape to Alaska!

I LOVED the main character Bailey. She works hard in her family’s ice cream shop in Seward, Alaska. She’s supporting herself and her grandma. Their relationship in this book was sweet. Bailey is the kind of person who will do almost anything for friends and family. She faced her bigge
BP34
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sweet romance between Bailey and Brahms. Based in the pretty town of Seward, Alaska. They dated in high school but went their separate ways before college. Fate brings them back together when his family needs her ice shop location to expand its Tour business. Brahms finds himself caught between what his father wants business-wise and his attraction to Bailey. Plenty of drama and emotion as he has to choose between either making his father happy or capturing the love of the woman who got away. ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Bailey’s ice cream shop might not make many sales since the Alaskan climate doesn’t lend itself to many hot and sunny days, but it’s been in her family for generations and she loves it. When Kingsley Tours – and Brahms Kingsley in particular is offered the chance to take over her store’s rental agreement Bailey and Brahms find themselves circling each other’s orbit once again.

I really enjoyed the complexity of both Bailey and Brahms characters, how they had a number of conflicting desires and fe
Amanda
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for some summer nostalgia or a feel-good romance, you’ve come to the right place! Bailey is managing the struggling ice cream shop that has been in the family for four generations and she is determined to keep it afloat, despite the odds being against her— namely that it’s located in Seward, Alaska. Brahms is the one that got away three years ago, but now he’s in Seward to sign the lease on Bailey’s shop on behalf of his father’s company.

I really enjoyed this story and Bailey
Shannon
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Summer of Sundaes by Amey Zeigler because it was such a great book about Bailey and Brahms. They had an awesome day together years ago and then Brahms up and left without a word. Bailey worked at the ice cream shop that was in her family and was wonderful at making up ice cream creations. I really loved all the names of her ice cream creations. Brahms worked for his father's tour company and was interested in the building where Bailey had set up her shop. To say when the ...more
Judy
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bailey is part of a college group going on an outing. When she sees them getting on a boat, she hesitates. Brahms, who is part of the group, has found her interesting and wants to get to know her better. He coaxes her to go but she refuses. He sends the boat on its way and comes back to Bailey. They spend a wonderful day together and make a date for the next day. Brahms cancels the date with no explanation and no follow up to explain what happened. When something happens in a small Alaskan town, ...more
Marta Aldrighetti
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sewan, Alaska.
Bailey runs alone a Ice Cream Shop, that her family has run for four generations, and takes care her ill Gran.
"Guys around here go to the bait shop, not the sweet shop. These man are testosterone-heavy, gun-slinging, grunting hunters and fishermen with big reels,
big boats, and eveng bigger egoes."
Modernity and big turist businness have plans to buy buildings in Sewan, troubles come for Bailey.
Easy and fast to read, realistic and sweet story, I recommend it for a pleasant time read
Samantha
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC from the author thru Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving my review. Bailey and Brahms story is sweet with some drama. When Bailey came back to help her gran with the ice cream shop, she never expected to have an old crush as an enemy. He is in a rough spot, stuck between pleasing his father and have a future with the woman who captured his heart. There are some road blocks in their way but they get to their happy ending. I enjoyed this story and the characters

I received a fre
Tammy
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bailey had only one semester left to graduate but instead went home to take care of her gran and the ice cream shop. She always thought of Brahm, the one to get away. To where she had no clue, but years later here he is standing in her ice cream shop. The one to be buying her shop so Jake can get a bigger boat and Kinglsley Tour main office here and resort location to be added. It was a war and she wanted to come out on the top. But it always doesn't work like that; however in the end they both ...more
Judy Gittleson Hendrickson
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bailey and Brahms meet at college, hit it off, then it gets messed up. A few years later they meet again in Seward Alaska at the ice cream store her family owns. His family wants the prime location for their boat tour business. He still has feelings for her and they rekindle their romance. The locales are wonderful and vivid. The suspense comes at them from multiple angles, trying to stop them. A goodhearted romance by the end... well worth the read.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksp
Kristi
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet book! I loved getting to explore the small Alaskan town of Seward.. and I REALLY want to go make some ice cream! Trying to sell ice cream in Alaska- I thought that was cute! Bailey and Brahms hadn’t spent a lot of time together ... even near the end so I was a bit surprised by the ending... but I loved it! A great, clean, feel good story with some drama, twists and turns, a sweet Gran, and mouthwatering ice creams! Seriously- this book me hungry!
I received this book for free in retu
SEng
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Bailey and Brahms. She’s just taken over the family ice cream shop in Alaska. Brahms has flown to Alaska to take over her shop so his family can expand their tour business. These two met in the town a few years back and the chemistry is still there. So who will win this one? I enjoyed this sweet entertaining romance. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.s book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Peggy
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers Only. This did not affect my review.
Summer of Sundaes (One Scoop or Two) was a sweet romance with touches of comedy. The readers will enjoy the story of Brahm and Bailey. I enjoyed Bailey's creative approach to the battle to save her ice cream shop as well as the towns people's reactions. Some made me laugh out loud. The story itself was a quick read and enjoyable. This a good story to read as a sweet escape for a
Tracey Parker
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The stunning descriptions of the landscape and scenery create a fabulous backdrop to this story, Alaska is now on my bucket list to visit! An engrossing and captivating story of family loyalty and love that remains strong Iver time and despite absence, this story kept my interest from the very beginning. Can't wait to read more of Amey Zeiglers work!
Jill
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a Summer of Sundaes to review from Voracious Readers Only and was not disappointed. This is a lovely, compelling, second chance romance that leaves the reader with a warm , cozy feeling due to Bailey and Brahms finding their "Happy ever after".
Ideal for curling up with on a lazy afternoon with a tub of your favorite ice cream .
Cyndy
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bailey won my heart. She is fierce and loyal to her Grandmother and dedicated to the ice cream shop her family has had for 4 generations. In walks Brahm, a love from her past and her world is turned upside down. He wants her shop space and he wants her. Can they mix business with pleasure? You'll have to read it to find out.
Tanya
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She has inherited ice cream shop but it is failing. She needs to come up with new recipes. He wants to increase his business and he needs her shop to extend it. Will she stop him? See if she will keeps her shop

K Huskić
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this book! Bailey manages a struggling ice-cream store in Alaska, one that has been in her family for generations, and is determined to make it work. Brahms is the man who got away, years earlier, without explanation.

Brahms was the last person Bailey expected to see in her store one day, and the reason he was there - to take over the rental of her store for his father's business - was certainly not the reunion she had wanted.

I loved how stubborn Bailey was, she was not willing to back d
Kimberly
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good sweet romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable sweet second chance romance read.

Juli Hall
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Clean, wholesome read with a bit of suspense. This one is a quick read too. I usually don’t gravitate towards clean romance but this look interesting so I gave it a chance. I liked it especially when Bailey and Brahms went to rescue Jack and Francis, talk about sitting on the edge of my seat.
Claudia Miller
I really enjoyed this story of a young woman dedicated to her family and making sacrifices in order to help her grandmother. I enjoyed the descriptions of part of Alaska.
A wonderfully cheerful love story with all of the right ingredients.
Rafaela Appleman
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute book! Made me want to read more Alaska romantic books. Easy reading can be easily read in a day. ✔️
Marianne
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a cute story! I’m always a sucker for a good clean romance and this one was very well written. Loved it!
SB
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bailey and Brahms are perfect together in the quick but cute read. I loved the chemistry between these two, even when they are fighting!
Kayleigh
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, quick read. This was a cute concept and I enjoyed reading Bailey and Brahms's romance.
lorraine newson
Oct 22, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a great book to read, nice story line. Enjoyed reading it
Amey Zeigler
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Such a special book in one of my favorite settings. The war is on. Bailey must save her ice cream shop in Seward, Alaska. Is she up to the challenge? With creative ice cream recipes and her flair for names, she takes on big business. Will ice cream turned these once-lovers into enemies?
Kristie Galindo
Sep 11, 2020
Lorna Murray
Oct 21, 2020

• Doctor Behind the Mask
  • Derelict
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • A Strict Hunger (Strict #2)
  • Tristan (Darlington Brothers #4)
  • Sunsets and Stables: A Pumpkins and Proposals Novel (The Harvest Ranch Romance Series Book 4)
  • Possession (Redemption #3)
  • Once Upon a Flarey Tale (A Marion Flarey Book, #1)
  • Tyler (Darlington Brothers #5)
  • Stolen (Primal Obsessions #5)
  • Tasting the Forbidden (Rogue Dragons #5)
  • Grateful for You: A Thanksgiving Small Town Romance Novella Kindle Edition
  • Joey (Darlington Brothers #6)
  • Logan (Darlington Brothers #3)
  • Tempting Fate (The Curse of Bearclaw Castle #1)
  • Dragonflies at Night
  • A Strict Discovery (Strict #6)
  • Like There's No Tomorrow

Amey Zeigler wrote her first mystery with her best friend in fourth grade. She wrote, the friend illustrated. It also had a cute boy in it with spiky hair (because that was the style back then). Not much has changed. She love s mysteries. She loves romance. She loves suspense. She loves action, adventure and comedy. But it must have a happy ending. Always sweet, always fun.

In her spare time, she a