Start by marking “Christmas Wishes” as Want to Read:

Christmas Wishes

A sparkling Christmas read from the Sunday Times bestseller – perfect to snuggle up with this winter!

Hannah and Nico are meant to be together.

But fate is keeping them apart…

As soon as Hannah bumps into her brother Rob’s best friend Nico in Stockholm, the two rekindle a fast friendship. But Hannah has a boyfriend – and Nico has two children to look after.

When Hannah loses h
Published October 29th 2020 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Wishes

Start your review of Christmas Wishes
Irena BookDustMagic
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Christmas Wishes is the first novel by Sue Moorcroft that I've read. I wanted to give her work a try for some time now, as I've heard only good things about her books.

I really enjoyed her writing style, as she pulled me into the story from the very first pages, and also woke up my emotions more then few times.

Although this is a festive read, it covers serious topics, and was often more serious and sad than happy.

It really made me think about people in general, about good in them and other people
Berit Talks Books
A cozy and charming Christmas read. This is my first book by Sue Moorcroft but absolutely not my last! The story had everything I love in a cozy Romance: delightful relatable main characters, lovable colorful secondary characters, a cozy gorgeous setting, whimsy and charm. Hannah is working in Stockholm when she runs into her childhood friend Nico. It’s Nice to catch up and even though there is and attraction Hannah is in a relationship and Nico has loads of baggage. Fast forward a few months, H ...more
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this Christmas book. It had everything you could want from a novel set at such a magical, festive time, but simultaneously, Moorcroft has created a narrative that is realistic. By this I mean that there is family crisis, serious woes and enough sadness to make you realise that Christmas-time is not the “Hallmark” scenes that we have come to associate with this time of year.

Throughout the story, Sweden strongly features. Afterall, Nico was born there, and both him and Hannah have
Vanessa Menezes
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This is a cozy Christmas story which I truly enjoyed reading!

Hannah bumps into her brother Rob’s best friend Nico in Stockholm, the two rekindle a fast friendship. But both of them have their own problems to deal with.

Hannah has to deal with an inattentive boyfriend, Albin as well as the risk of losing her beloved shop while, Nico has two children to look after as well as deal with the constant troubles of his alcoholic ex-wife.

Coincidentally, when Hannah moves back to the little village of Mid
Skyesmum
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fabulous story!
Sue Moorcroft is such a fantastic author, she always manages to capture those really heart-breaking moments in life.
I was totally captivated by this story and went through all the emotions that I am sure other readers experienced too.
Absolutely brilliant, up there with one of the best Christmas books I have read.
Karen
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Wishes is partially set in the village of Middledip, where it was nice to see a few familiar characters from previous books re-appear, (don’t worry if you haven’t read previous ones, this is a standalone) and cold snowy Stockholm – having been to Stockholm during a snowy December I can vouch for how cold it is!

Hannah Goodbody is in her Stockholm shop, selling luxury goods, when Nico, an old friend of her brother suddenly appears. The two enjoy catching up but romance is not yet on the
Neil
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

This time of year makes it almost a requirement to read a Christmas story.
The Characters are engaging and the story has a real feel good factor about it.
Just what you need this time of the year.
I have to say this is one of the best I have read.
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Set between the familiar setting of Middledip and the less familiar of Stockholm, this is one really enjoyable story.

All the sections in Sweden really appealed to me, as we discover some of the traditions in Sweden of the festive season, and we are even treated to occasional phrases in Swedish, and their translations. It really added a wonderful foreign feeling to the book, and made me feel as though I was in Sweden.

And then there is the part of the book set in Middledip, Sue Moorcroft's regul
Fay Flude
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful book to read and much, much more than a seasonal romance.
There is a real story behind the snow and festivities involving Hannah Anna Goodbody and Nico Petterssen.
Set partly in Sweden and partly in Cambridgeshire, the writing enables the reader to inhabit both places. Whether it is with Nan Heather in the village of Middledip or in the streets of an icy Stockholm, one is transported to these locations to follow the trials of the couple destined to be together.
The book is inte
Shalini
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the book it was sweet and cute and filled with Christmas cheer. I loved both Nico and Hannnah. They had their own problems to deal with. Hannah had a failing business probably a failing relationship too. Nico had two children to look after along with his personal problems.

Set in the backdrop of festivities and warmth of Christmas, the book soothed the heart with its quiet demeanor. It was wonderful to see friendship emerge between them along with a growing sense of love. The story had it
Maddy
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sue Moorcroft takes a cozy love story and elevates it to a whole new level with her amazing characterisation, her beautiful descriptive locations, and her twists and turns - we know the path of true love never runs smooth - even at Christmas!

Hannah is in a dead end relationship in Stockholm, when her brother's best friend Nico (originally from Stockholm but living in the UK) walks in, sent by her brother to check up on her. He helps her re-arrange her window display and she is reminded why she h
M.W. Arnold
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Right, where do I start?

I have just had the honour of reading the latest novel by Amazon #1 author, Sue Moorcroft, 'Christmas Wishes'. I'm a strong believer that there comes a time in every author's career where they bring out 'That' story. 'Christmas Wishes' is 'That' story. I've been left, in particular order - breathless, doubled-over in laughter, in tears, seething with anger. I don't think I've ever 'seethed with anger' at a character? Wait until you meet Albin!

This story has a detectibly s
Alyssa
Dec 30, 2021 rated it liked it
One of those books that you have to read during the Christmas holiday— or at least the winter season. It was a fairly enjoyable read. I thought the setting was quite cosy, characters were enjoyable to read, and the romance was cute. There was also an air of whimsical charm sprinkled throughout the book which made the experience even more fitting for the joyous holiday.

3 stars.
Alison
A native of Middledip, Hannah is living her best life with her Swedish boyfriend and her shop in Stockholm. Her brother's friend Nico (who is Swedish) pops into the shop and the two of them get on famously, Nico even helps her to rearrange her store to show off her merchandise to its best.

Nico and Hannah meet again at Hannah's brother Rob's wedding in Middledip, sparks fly until Nico finds out that Hannah has a live-in boyfriend in Stockholm.

Nico has a high-powered job, splitting his time betwe
Jodie (That Happy Reader)
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hannah is a shopkeeper in Stockholm and lives with her boyfriend. She takes pride in the shop although it hasn’t been doing as well as she has hoped. When her brother Rob’s friend Nico stops by her shop, the two become reacquainted quickly. Nico is now a single father of eight year old Josie from his former marriage. Hannah enjoys Nico’s company and looks forward to seeing him again at Rob’s upcoming wedding in her hometown of Middledip.

Nico thoroughly enjoys his life as a single father, but bet
Susanne Baker
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it was a fabulous story, with characters that I found myself becoming emotionally attached to . Nico was so endearing, you couldn’t help but fall for his kind and gentle heart!
I loved the travelling between Stockholm and Middledip, seeing the different customs .
Hannah was inspiring too, and it was mesmerising watching her re connect with Nico.
Some very emotional themes, but written in such a thoughtful and honest way, it brought a very different dimension to the sto
Lucy C
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ah I enjoyed Christmas Wishes.

We meet Hannah who is living in Stockholm, Nate her brothers childhood friend comes into her store after Rob has asked him to check up in her.

Hannah has a boyfriend and Nate has a daughter and step daughter in tow, they both meet back up at Rob's wedding.

Can friendship develop into love?

A feel good read with a topping of sparkles.
Mark
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama
When Hannah Anna Goodbody is asked to leave by her nasty boyfriend, losing not only her home in Sweden but also the business she’s worked hard to build up, she returns to Middledip to look after her Nan who’s had a bad fall. At the same time, a friend from her teenage years, Nico, is having trouble with his ex-wife, whose addiction issues have landed him with looking after her two-year-old (in addition to the eight-year-old they share). As Nico and Hannah get closer, life gets in the way and the ...more
Rae
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Having enjoyed darker stories in November, I was ready to read some Christmas romance and Sue Moorcroft’s Christmas Wishes, set in Stockholm, promised some armchair travel too.

Hannah Goodbody is a luxury goods retailer who is thrilled when Nico Pettersson, an old schoolmate, visits her shop in historic Gamla Stan, the bustling medieval part of Stockholm. From the outset, Hannah and Nico get along well. However, Hannah is already in a relationship, whilst Nico is run ragged juggling work as a mar
Kim
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, net-galley
Set in Stockholm and Middledip in England, this is a lovely book about families, relationships, and new romances.
Hannah feels an attraction for her brothers friend, but circumstances are difficult until they find themselves living in the same place. She's recently lost both her business and her boyfriend. Nico is juggling life as a single dad and problems with his ex wife. The issues show what a wonderful man he is and I fell in love with him!
I loved the two settings and the lovely family Christ
Jeanie

Review by

jeanie m, Reviewer
Last updated on 4 Sep 2020
My Recommendation
With thanks to netgalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
This book is the best description of Christmas.
Fabulous characters scenery and plot kept me highly motivated from beginning to end.
Can highly recommend.
Don't forget! Come back to your Review on the pub date, 29 Oct 2020, to post to these retailers.
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
A quick, light and pleasant Christmas read, emotional and well written, great characters you connect with. Beautiful story and very Christmassy

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Sally
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you need a Christmas book and this is that. Lovely story set firstly in Sweden and then in an English village. It’s a will they or won’t they book. Well written and ticks all the Christmas story boxes. Never read any of Sue Moorcroft before but will read more.
Dec 14, 2021 rated it liked it
Surprisingly pleasant. I'm really not a fan of kids in romance novels, and while they weren't super obnoxious in this one there was a very heavy focus on them and the general family drama going on for Nico. ...more
Anne
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I was about to say “I love Sue Moorcroft’s Christmas books” but that’s not entirely true – I love ALL her books. But I know I’ve mentioned before that I’ve always had a particularly soft spot for the Christmas ones – I also know I’ve said before “this is her best book yet”, but I really do have to say it yet again. I loved every moment of this book, and it really reminded me why she’s unfailingly one of my favourite authors.

So, why did I love it so much? Well, just for a start, the locations are
Liberty
Sep 15, 2020 rated it liked it
First I have to give a big thank you to NetGalley and Avon books for the ARC of this one in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. In this sweet Christmas story, Hannah is crushed to find that her conniving boyfriend has ripped her upscale boutique out of her hands and ended their relationship in the process. Sad to return home, Hannah finds her spirits lifting when she sees her brother’s friend from high school has also returned to their little town. Full of real life problems ...more
Julie Williams
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A perfect cosy Christmas read that gets you ready for the festive season. Set in the locations of Middledip in UK and Sweden in wintertime we are treated to local traditions.
Hannah lives with her nasty boyfriend Albin in Stockholm, he really is a horrible person from the start and I was relieved when Hannah realised that their relationship was not what it should be as the way he treats her was appalling. Its at this time when her brother Robs friend Nico flies to Sweden on business and calls in
Rowan
Nov 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an e-arc of this book! My opinions are my own.

What better way to get into true Christmas spirit than by reading a Christmas romance novel? I was eager to start this one, especially with everything that's been happening this year. I could use a little bit of lights, hot chocolate and holiday cheer wrapped up into a nice book!

Hannah is an English woman living in Stockholm, Sweden. She owns her own boutique, but when she breaks up with he
Jaffareadstoo
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When a face from the past enters into Hannah Goodbody's shop in Stockholm she is taken back to the time when Nico Pettersson was her brother's best friend and she was the little sister that was distinctly 'out of bounds'. There's a delicious spark of attraction between them but both their lives are complicated and neither is in a position to start a new relationship, however, it would seem that fate has much more in store for these lovely characters.

Set partially in snowy Sweden and the fictiona
Jade Clarke
Dec 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Holiday romance isn’t always easy.
After an unexpected reconnection, Hannah Goodbody and Nico Pettersson are once again fast friends. Despite knowing each other in childhood, their fascination and reconnection is more unexpected but exciting. Both return to the cozy village of Middledip for Hannah’s brothers wedding but unexpected events back in Stockholm result in both of them returning to the cozy village for what may be a more permanent stay. Hannah, reeling from the loss of her boutique is d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• A Surprise Christmas Wedding
  • One Family Christmas
  • Finding Love at the Christmas Market
  • Christmas for Beginners
  • Second-Chance Cats: True Stories of the Cats We Rescue and the Cats Who Rescue Us
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Christmas (The Cornish Cream Tea Novels #3; The Cornish Cream Tea Christmas #1-4)
  • Underneath the Christmas Tree
  • Country Lines By Kerry Price: The 2nd part of the Donnelly family saga, a perfect read, for gangland life in london, family, love and honour, if you like Martina Cole, this is the book for you.
  • Avenues and Alleyways
  • The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)
  • The Forget-Me-Not Bakery
  • Barking Boy
  • A Winter's Dream
  • Payback
See top shelves…

Sue Moorcroft is a Sunday Times bestselling author and has held the coveted #1 spot in the Amazon Kindle chart. She's won the Goldsboro Books Contemporary Romantic Novel Award, the Readers Best Romantic Read Award and the Katie Fforde Bursary. She writes contemporary fiction of life and love.

She also writes short stories, serials, articles, columns, courses and writing 'how to'.

An army child, Sue