Start by marking “Marybeth, Hollister & Jane” as Want to Read:
Marybeth, Hollister & Jane

Marybeth, Hollister & Jane

Some secrets draw people closer.........after they tear them apart.

Marybeth and Hollister moved to rural New York to escape—both the city life and a checkered past. Their lives were unassuming, until they bought a grandfather clock. They just wanted something to fill the space under their stairs, but they got much more than they bargained for. What secrets could the clock
ebook
Published August 2020 by Smashwords Edition (first published March 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Marybeth, Hollister & Jane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marybeth, Hollister & Jane

Start your review of Marybeth, Hollister & Jane
Manasi Patil
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marybeth, Hollister and Jane is a fictional story, set in the rural area of Callicoon, New York. The book has a very realistic vibe to it and all the characters seem believable. It follows the journey of a handful of people trying to locate the Eagle Diamond, stolen in the 1960's. At the start, most of them were from the same organization, LVAJ, who's job was to locate stolen arts, artifacts, etc. and the pass them to someone else. But as the story unfolds, the head of the organization, Peter Re ...more
Samantha Turley
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
There was a lot going on in this book. There are 3 different main characters who each have their own backstory and issues. I think that the author does a great job of balancing those characters and their individual journeys.

It’s an up and down roller-coaster of a story when you are going back and forth, but in a good way. It keeps you flipping pages as you are trying to keep up.

I was pleasantly surprised by how invested I became in the mystery and plot and how quickly I was invested as well.

Grea
R.K. Emery
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This book will make you want to cuddle up for a while and get lost in the story and mystery that Vera Jane Cook has created.

It starts off with having such a great main characters. I loved the balance between them all.

Follow that up with a perfectly crafted mystery and a wonderful setting and you get a great Cozy Mystery.

Don't miss this one!
Gina Stamper
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Kudos to Vera Jane Cook, I wasn’t able to figure out the mystery before the end!

This book completely captivated me. I was in it from the beginning and hanging on every word along the way.

Such a great cast of characters with a wide range of personalities that made reading about them fun.

The book’s well-written with well-rounded characters, the story is quite intriguing and unique.
Jeanne Richardson
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I've read written by Vera Jane Cook; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Nicki
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title threw me off. The book ending reflects the title but the rest of the book is more about thieves and a diamond. The story was rather interesting because I have never given any thought to the black market for stolen goods. The characters were interesting in how they wove together. I liked the book.

I read the book on NetGalley
C. Gonzales
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I thoroughly enjoy the relatable characters, plot, action and settings in the book.

Vera Jane Cook managed to bring us developed characters and a solid plot line.

Overall this really had superb writing and a great attention to detail.
Jackie
Rebecca Joiner
Shelly Peterson
Jenn M

• Starfighter Rising
  • Better Sleep, Happier Life: Simple Natural Methods to Refresh Your Mind, Body, and Spirit
  • Newark Minutemen
  • Wasting Time
  • The Butterfly Blueprint: How to Renew Your Mind and Grow Your Faith
  • Swipe to The Altar: Your 10-Step Roadmap to Finding True Love Online
  • Conversations with the Past: How to Let Go of the Past, Redefine Your Present, and Create a Positive Future
  • Young, Broke, and Educated: A Discussion of Millennials, Finance, Economics and Poverty
  • The Mother Tree (sequel to Hungry Mother Creek)
  • Sleeping With Shadows (Of Courts and Desires, #1)
  • Crackle and Fire
  • Hell & Back (Outbreak Task Force #5)
  • The Cold War Begins
  • Healthy Habits for a Healthier You!: Simple, Yummy, Home-Made Smoothies to Enhance Your Gut Health and Boost Energy
  • The Perfect Revenge: The Dragonfly Rises (The Perfect Revenge, #1)
  • West of Tomorrow
  • Orange Blossoms-Love Blooms (California Hearts, #1)
  • I Love You Always: One Family's Alzheimer's/Dementia Journey and the Lessons Learned Along the Way
Librarian Note: Also writes as Olivia Hardy Ray ...more