Start by marking “Where We Began” as Want to Read:
Where We Began

Where We Began

They were once-upon-a-time high school sweethearts, meant to be.
Until his dad skipped town with her mom.
End of story.

Ten years later Avery Robinson is back in tiny Austen, Oregon for her dad’s funeral, suddenly single and unemployed. The last thing she needs is for his beloved dog to develop an annoyingly heartfelt canine crush on Logan Wagner. Even if her former love does
Kindle Edition
Published October 8th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Where We Began, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where We Began

Start your review of Where We Began
Kristi
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Avery and Logan, two kids who grew up as friends in a small town and later became boyfriend and girlfriend. Then scandal in their small town tears them apart. Now they're both back in the same small town for Avery's dad's funeral. Will old feelings resurface? Will they be able to get past the scandal and secrets and have another chance at love?

A well written story line that pulls you in and grabs your attention. You can't help but keep turning the pages to find out what happens. Great characters
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great story that has drama, home town feel with some classics thrown into the bunch.
Two small town local were friends as kids then became boy/girl friend in high school but scandal forced these two young loves apart... his father with her married mother who left their kids behind while one left her husband also... small town gossip mean rumors and a strong dislike for family members involved with the scandal. Now 10 years later Avery’s father has pasted on and in his wake Logan is back for busin
KL Cassanello
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You can throw the connection away, or you can take a second chance at happiness.

Avery's mom skipped town with Logan's dad, destroying any chance that Avery and Logan had for love. She's back in Austen for her father's funeral. So is he. I love the small town feel from this book, and the fun, quirky characters. The connection between Avery and Logan never left, and they both feel it. She can't make up her mind about what she wants to do - he can't seem to tell the whole truth to her. So we get no
Tina Layner
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Avery Robinson and Logan Wagner were once an item as teenagers. However, Avery pushed Logan away so she could go to college so he left town with no looking back.
Ten years later she gets a upsetting phone call that makes her return home to Austen Oregon. She knew that there would be a chance she would see Logan again, but not for the reasons he returned home.
Her bad luck just kept coming as new developments were to occur soon. Will she be able to forgive Logan for everything that he keeps throwin
Angela
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this new release by Serena Clarke - set in Oregon with all the landscapes you could ever want! Fantastic main character Avery with a lovable canine, and the perfect opposing male characters for her personality. The hikes, the views, and the small town all charmed me into believing I too had a view of that lovely river. And the Darcy references and re-enactments... hilarious!

I want more of Austen, Oregon. Good thing the next book in the series comes out December 3.
Mayurika
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I read of this author. It will surely not be the last. Avery and Logan's story is a sweet, beautiful and page turning read. It is set in a small town where these two meet and fall in love. They drift apart and then meet again. I loved the way she sets her characters and does not make it slow and boring. If you like second chances, small towns , then this is for you.

Jeanne Richardson
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Serena Clarke; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Stephenee
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast fun read that left the reader feeling like all was right in the world. The plot, the characters and the overall feel of the book is something that the reader loves and doesn't mind jumping straight through the pages into.

This book is a must read - add it to your TBR list and move it to the top! It's a great read!
Ashleigh
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super Sweet Story!

The writing draws you in and keeps you involved throughout the whole story, I found myself in love with not only the characters but also the world that was created.

The descriptions of the characters and their feelings are so involved, you can truly picture it in your mind.

This review has been voluntarily submitted for your consideration.
Eileen Kindschy
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Through Voracious Readers, I read an advance copy of this book on Kindle. Loved it! Characters are my main interest in novels, and I enjoyed reading about Avery and Logan. The small town setting is a bonus. The plot engaged me with a lot of twists and turns. I pre-ordered the next book in the series. Thank you, Serena Clarke, for a relaxing escape.
Deb
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this second chance at love story. It had a complicated storyline with emotional scenes and understandable conflict. I wasn’t sure if he meant to be so awful to her but I had a hard time liking him because that was my impression.

Diane Richmond
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Avery and Logan had been childhood sweethearts, but when Avery’s mom and Logan’s dad had an affair and left town the love story was over and they both moved on. Now they are both back for her dad’s funeral and the spark is still there. Can they start again or is it too late?
Melissa
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Childhood sweethearts turned apart by their parent's sins.
Realistic characters, small-town affairs, twist and turns, romance, forgiveness, and more.

Kimberly
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Angela
Oct 20, 2020 added it
I absolutely loved this book. Avery and Logan's story was a delight to read. Couldn't put it down. Left me wanting more. A well written book that is a credit to the Author. ...more
Laurel Kristick
Mar 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance
I would like to thank the author and publisher for this Goodreads giveaway. A nice second chance romance set in a delightful small town in Oregon.
SyLvIa
[did not finish] read 11 chapters but felt really bored, didn't connect with the characters. ...more
Kendra Gibson
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Love this book. Great story about small town love that was lost then found again with ups and downs along the way!
 Northern Light
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, giveways, romance
Avery and Logan were childhood sweethearts till it all went wrong and they went their separate ways. Now that Avery's dad has died she's back for the funeral and who should turnup but Logan.

This was a very easy read and it was clear very early on how it would pan out.

The setting was beautiful and the situations they found themselves in often far fetched.

A light read that will appeal to readers of Mills and Boon.

I received this book for free and the views expressed are solely my own.
Caitlin
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I won an ARC of this in a Goodreads giveaway and I was excited to read the first in a new series and have a Kindle copy of my own. I'm a sucker for any modern retelling or Austen inspired story so I enjoyed reading this one based in fictional Austen, Oregon. Both main characters need to deal with their past before they can start the future they no longer deemed possible. Love takes hard work but it's worth it. ...more
ASHLEY (It Was AK)
Wanda Hadley
Nov 20, 2020
joyce L. Teeft
Nov 16, 2020

• Just One Kiss (Whisper Lake #4)
  • Once Dishonored (Rogues Redeemed, #5)
  • No Laughing Matter
  • Disarmed by Love (Changing Tides, #3)
  • Like a Wolf with a Bone (Pride #0.5)
  • The Loneliest Cottage (Alaskan Hearts #1)
  • Loves Billionaires and Corgis (Loves Billionaires, #2)
  • A Cursed All Hallows' Eve
  • Two of a Kind (Haven Bay, #2)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • Promises To You; Irresistible Alphas Book 3
  • Winning the Wedding War: An enemies to lovers romance (Tall, Dark and Driven, #2)
  • Evelyn's Pine Harbor Autumn (Pine Harbor Romance #2)
  • This Crazy Love (Swoon #1)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Forever Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #3)
  • Broken Wings (Broken Rebel Brotherhood Next Generation, #2)
Serena Clarke writes escapist romantic fiction set all over the world. Readers have described her books as engaging page-turners, with sigh-worthy happy endings that will leave you smiling.

Her own story? She's lived in thirty-nine houses, in seven cities, in four countries. She's been a riding instructor, edited a medical journal, worked at a London law firm, and taught English as a second languag