Start by marking “The Betrayal” as Want to Read:
The Betrayal

The Betrayal

(Olivia Sinclair #1)

Attorney Olivia Sinclair is shocked when she receives an anonymous video showing her husband Richard sleeping with someone else. After years of handling other people’s divorces, she thought she could recognise a marriage in trouble.

She angrily throws Richard out of the home they share. But days later she’s arrested—for the murder of his mistress.

Olivia knows she’s innocent
Kindle Edition
Published October 28th 2020 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Betrayal

Start your review of The Betrayal
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Olivia is sent a video of her husband having an affair. She throws him out, and shortly after, his mistress is murdered, and Olivia is named the suspect. The evidence begins to mount, and she has to prove her innocence.

Did her husband set her up?

The Betrayal is one of those guilty pleasure type mysteries filled with drama, tension, and unlikable characters. I was able to read this one super quickly which only added to its suspense. Olivia is a great character, and I look forward to watching the
Chloe
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
On her birthday Olivia Sinclair receives a video showing her husband Richard sleeping with his secretary . A few days later detectives show up at her door and arrest Olivia for her husband’s mistresses murder. With all the evidence pointing towards her Olivia knows she has to prove her innocence herself.

Overall The Betrayal is a well written psychological thriller with some twists and turns along the way and enough suspects to make it an entertaining read

I would like to thank the the author fo
Louise Wilson
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Attorney Olivia Sinclair is shocked when she recieves an anonymous video showing her husband Richard sleeping with someone else. She throws Richard out of the house they share. But days later she's arrested for the murder of his mistress. Olivia knows she's innocent, but with all the evidence pointing at her and an obvious motive, she must find the real killer to clear her name.

This is a well written, gripping, page turning and thought provoking read. I was pulled in from th first page. Olivia i
Louise Wilson
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She throws Richardout of the home they share. But days later she arrested for the murder of his mistress. Olivia knows she's innocent, but with all the evidence pointing at her and an obivous motive, she must find the real killer to clear her name.

This is a well written, gripping, page turning and and thought provoking read. I was pulled in from the first page. Olivia
Mark
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started this last week and like most of us ( here in the UK/, and especially in London and the new ‘Tier 4’ areas ) had a bad weekend and real life took over as more fiction than fiction, I didn’t feel like reading like I normally do nor reviewing tbh and I think a lot of books would have been discarded in the midst of what was announced and processing it all
Yet, when I did read, 10/15 mins here and there, middle of the night with anxiety high this book held its own and did keep me going back
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This fast-moving narrative grabs you from the beginning as you realise that Olivia is in a race against time to prove her innocence. What once was an idyllic and charming life, suddenly moves to suspicion and house arrest. Can she find out who murdered the mistress? Can she ever trust her husband again?

This was such an intriguing narrative that I finished this book very quickly. However, I did find that the ending dragged a little once the perpetrator had been captured. In addition, I correctly
Vintage
Entertaining mystery but not quite edge of my seat material. Mysteries were my go to for years, but since my HP/romance inundation I just haven’t read as many recently.

I would argue with the tagline, One of the most gripping psychological thriller books of 2020, the start of a new suspense series as the mystery murder isn’t all that psychological, but it’s good.

Olivia finds out that she’s been duped into thinking her husband is a good one when in fact he’s a self-centered, cheating rat bastard.
MissBecka Gee
3.5 ⭐ rounded up.
This is a pretty decent police procedural.
The characters are all highly likeable (even the detestable ones lol).
Interesting story and great flow to the writing make this easy to get through.
Thanks to NetGalley & HQ for my DRC.
Sue
THE BETRAYAL is book 1 in the Olivia Sinclair series, a psychological suspense crime thriller by USA bestselling author Terry Lynn Thomas. This is a gripping thriller about a divorce attorney who’s about to discover her own marriage is based on lies when she’s arrested for murder.

On Olivia Sinclair’s sixtieth birthday, her life changed completely.

Olivia and her husband Richard had been happily married for thirty-two years. Olivia, a family law attorney was in the process of selling her practice
Linda Strong
Happy Birthday, Olivia Sinclair! And what a birthday it is. She receives a text video showing her husband of many years with a much younger woman and it's obvious they are having an affair. It's all she can do to get through the surprise party given by her husband before advising him to pack his stuff and leave, her intent is to get a divorce. The young lady he is dallying with is his secretary.

It's only a few days later that detectives show up at her door and promptly arrest her for the murder
Jen
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a quick read, more of a mystery than a psychological thriller, in my opinion. It centers on Olivia, who thinks she has the perfect marriage and is planning on retiring and spending more time with her family, when she finds out her husband had an affair. To make matters worse, the mistress ends up being murdered and all signs point to Olivia. The story focuses on Olivia's relationships with her husband, family, and other characters within the book as well as trying to figure out who real ...more
ʚϊɞ Shelley's ʚϊɞ Book Nook
This book sounded right up my alley. Murder mystery, police procedural, cold case and a cheating husband to boot. The sad thing is it didn't live up to its potential. I figured out the murderer on page 52...that bummed me out.

The writing was okay and kept me turning pages and it is a quick read at 241 pages but when you guess the culprit at 22% in it just isn't worth your time.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Terry Lynn Thomas and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a
Kylie
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I'm so sorry to say this but I just couldn't get into this book. I just felt nothing towards any of the characters. A quick and easy read though

Thanks to netgalley for the free copy in exchange for an honest review
Christy
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was a quick fast paced read about attorney Olivia Sinclair and her quest to prove her innocence in this whodunnit mystery. The storyline grabs you right from the beginning with Olivia receiving a video of her husband with another women. Thus setting the stage for the ensuing drama. Betrayal, cheating & murder all in one with lots of twists and turns along the way.

I liked the character portrayals and the way the author makes them relatable. The characters all have their individual issues th
Melissa Borsey
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
A slow burn mystery about a woman, Olivia, who receives a video on her birthday which shows her husband and his mistress together. When the mistress is found murdered, Olivia is arrested and forced to find out who has framed her. This story has a very neatly wrapped up ending. I thank Netgalley and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Debbie
Oct 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I really loved the premise of this one and aside from a couple of minor issues, the plot was one I really enjoyed. I loved the outline of the characters but probably just needed more depth and the conversations felt too literal for me. Definitely an author I would try more by in the future.
Natalie "Curling up with a Coffee and a Kindle" Rampling
This was an enjoyable, fast paced read. I liked the characters and the plot was gripping the whole way through.
Whilst I don't think it is an exceptionally memorable book, it was good enough to get my attention back to reading, after struggling with concentration in the last few days.
I worked out the ending very early on, which I never do! I feel like more could have been done to give the reader more red herrings to make it more 'jaw-dropping'.
Bambi Rathman
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is almost no worse feeling than that of being betrayed unless you're betrayed by the one person you love with all your heart. Believing your love for each other is forever. This is what Olivia has believed her 32-year marriage to Richard has been. True love. "True love isn't about romance. True love, the kind of love that withstands the test of time, is what you have when the romance wears away. True love is knowing your spouse has your back no matter what. It's about devotion and family. ...more
Brenda Feinen
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
On her 62 birthday, Olivia learns the truth about her life. After a morning of lovemaking with her husband, Olivia goes to her family law office to finalize the sale of her practice. She has dreamed of this for years - finally able to travel with Richard, a very successful lawyer as well. Olivia opens an email, watches the attached video and her world collapses.
The body of Richard's secretary and lover is found. Olivia is charged with murder and placed on house arrest. With the help of her lawy
Ellie Midwood
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
“The Betrayal” is one of those psychological thrillers that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page is turned. When a video of her husband having sex with another woman emerges on Olivia’s screen, her entire life comes crashing down. And when the young woman from the video turns up dead and Olivia is charged with her murder, it becomes a veritable hell. The time is against her but thanks to loyal friends, Olivia does her utmost to uncover the truth and send the perpetrator beh ...more
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
There is nothing better then when you finish a book that you absolutely loved, to read in the acknowledgments, that it is the start of a new series. This is the case with The Betrayal.

For Divorce Attorney Olivia Sinclair life is good. She is about to retire from her job and has been happily married to Richard for 32 years. But on the day of her 62nd birthday, her whole world comes crashing down, when she is sent an email containing a video of her husband sleeping with another woman. But what’s w
Vanessa Menezes
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Attorney Olivia Sinclair believes herself to be happily married and is preparing for a relaxed retired life with her husband.

But then she receives an anonymous shocking video, showing her husband Richard sleeping with someone else. After years of handling other people’s divorces, she thought she could recognise a marriage in trouble.

She angrily throws Richard out of the home they share. But days later she’s arrested—for the murder of his mistress, Sandy.

Olivia knows she’s innocent but, with all
Janilyn Kocher
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Olivia has the perfect life until her world crashes around her in just a few weeks. Someone is trying to frame her for murder. Is it her sleazebag unfaithful husband? The evidence is mounting and she's running out of time. I was sucked into the story from the first sentence. There were so many different angles to the mystery and it flowed well. Halfway through I figured out who was behind all of it. I liked Brian and Sharon the best in the book. I wish Richard had suffered more for his transgres ...more
Melissa
Nov 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Holly Reynolds
Nov 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author, and the premise grabbed me when I was trying to pick my next read. I'm glad it did!

There are some well-written characters in the book, and I felt sorry for Olivia as she realised what kind of people she is surrounded by, and how naïve her outlook on things was.

I did manage to guess the who, but I had to read right the way to the gripping end to find out the why.

The book was an enjoyable, easy read, and I would look for more by this author
David Morgan
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Murder and intrigue, the perfect ingredients for a thrilling read.
Divorce attorney Olivia and her attorney husband are living a charmed life. Making plans for her retirement, Olivia, who prides herself with reading people and relationships, get the biggest birthday surprise of her life. She receives an anonymous email with a video attachment of her husband having sex with a much younger woman. That woman turns up dead and Olivia is arrested as all the evidence points to her guilt. Is she being f
Linda Zagon
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terry Lynn Thomas, author of “The Betrayal” has written an intense, captivating, and intriguing thriller. The genres for this novel are Psychological Thriller, Mystery and Suspense, and Fiction. The timeline for this story is set in the present and goes to the past when it pertains to the characters or events. The author describes her characters as manipulative, complex, and complicated. There are twists, turns, betrayals, threats, danger, and murder. Several of the characters are very suspiciou ...more
Kristen Longo
Nov 15, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5. Thanks @NetGalley for this read!
Julie
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley, the publisher, and the author for allowing me to read this ARC. I liked the book and am curious about what book 2 in the series is about. I liked that the book was set in California so locations were familiar. I thought it was odd that people were recorded without their knowledge - that is illegal in California. Anyway, the story was good. Olivia does a lot to try to save herself which I liked because strong women are awesome. She doesn't need a man to help her! ...more
Briana Cohen
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Received an eARC from NetGalley and HQ in exchange for an honest review. This was a quick, intense read that is perfect if you want a fast thriller. I figured it out fairly early on, but it still keeps you guessing. I liked the back and forth between all of the perspectives, and the overall mystery of who did it. The only thing I didn’t like was how quickly it was resolved and the anti climactic way that it ended. But it was a decent book, and I’d recommend it if you enjoy books like this.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Trust Me
  • The One Before
  • The Next Wife
  • Unfaithful
  • Christmas with the Conduit: A deadly game of cat and mouse with an old foe in this sinister sequel to Wes Markin's One Last Prayer for the Rays (A DCI YORKE THRILLER Book 6)
  • What My Husband Did
  • Body in the Woods (Carlos Jacobi Book 1)
  • A Frenzy of Sparks
Terry Lynn Thomas grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, which explains her love of foggy beaches, windy dunes, and Gothic mysteries. When her husband promised to buy Terry a horse and the time to write if she moved to Mississippi with him, she jumped at the chance. Although she had written several novels and screenplays prior to 2006, after she relocated to the South she set out to write in earne ...more

Olivia Sinclair (2 books)
  • The Witness: An utterly gripping psychological thriller book for 2021 for fans of mystery and suspense series (Olivia Sinclair series, Book 2)