Start by marking “The Betrayal” as Want to Read:
The Betrayal

The Betrayal

(Olivia Sinclair #1)

Attorney Olivia Sinclair is shocked when she receives an anonymous video showing her husband Richard sleeping with someone else. After years of handling other people’s divorces, she thought she could recognise a marriage in trouble.

She angrily throws Richard out of the home they share. But days later she’s arrested—for the murder of his mistress.

Olivia knows she’s innocent
Kindle Edition
Published October 28th 2020 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Betrayal

Start your review of The Betrayal
Jayme
Feb 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Excerpt …Prologue

“She saw the card on the doormat just as she poured her first cup of coffee.

I’ve rented a beach house for us tonight. I’ll send a key and the address by messenger. Meet you there around 10?

Leaning back against the counter, the woman closed her eyes, anticipating their rendezvous. Dear, God, she craved him. She did not know she had less than fifteen hours to live. “

This seemed like it would be just my kind of book-based on the Prologue.

A glimpse into the last hours in the life
Joey R.
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
2.0 stars— I usually avoid Kindle books who have subtitles such as “One of the most gripping psychological thriller books of 2020”. But when it became available at the library, I decided to give it a try ... big mistake. Although “The Betrayal” has a good premise: a woman, Olivia, charged with murder of her husband’s lover, who claims she was framed by someone else. That is about all this book has going for it. The dialogue is stilted and seems to get worse the further I got into the novel. The ...more
DeAnn
Feb 17, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021
3 coincidental stars

This one is billed as “one of the most gripping psychological thriller books of 2021” on Amazon. My suggested correction is “one of the most coincidental thriller books of 2021.”

This one started out with a strong first half. We have the main character Olivia, a divorce attorney who in her early 60s is ready to sell her business and retire, giving her time to travel with her husband. That plan is thrown out the window when she discovers her husband is cheating on her and she’s
Luvtoread
Olivia is an attorney and planning to retire so she can spend more time with her husband and daughter and also to enjoy some overdue vacations and do some travelling that has been put off for many years due to both her and her husband's (also lawyer) careers. An anonymous email comes through on her phone and has a video attachment of her husband having sex with a young beautiful woman. Suddenly Olivia's world falls apart and she kicks her husband of twenty-five years out and then finds two detec ...more
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Olivia is sent a video of her husband having an affair. She throws him out, and shortly after, his mistress is murdered, and Olivia is named the suspect. The evidence begins to mount, and she has to prove her innocence.

Did her husband set her up?

The Betrayal is one of those guilty pleasure type mysteries filled with drama, tension, and unlikable characters. I was able to read this one super quickly which only added to its suspense. Olivia is a great character, and I look forward to watching the
Christina
“The Betrayal” is a well-written classic mystery about a retirement-age divorce lawyer who learns her husband is cheating...and then finds herself enmeshed in an even more serious (and dangerous) situation.

I found this book entertaining and liked the setup of the mystery, and the writer is able. However, I found the writing somewhat formal, leaning towards old-fashioned. This is probably just a personal quirk, and those who like more classic mysteries or cozies will still be entertained. This bo
Chloe
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
On her birthday Olivia Sinclair receives a video showing her husband Richard sleeping with his secretary . A few days later detectives show up at her door and arrest Olivia for her husband’s mistresses murder. With all the evidence pointing towards her Olivia knows she has to prove her innocence herself.

Overall The Betrayal is a well written psychological thriller with some twists and turns along the way and enough suspects to make it an entertaining read

I would like to thank the the author fo
Louise Wilson
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Attorney Olivia Sinclair is shocked when she recieves an anonymous video showing her husband Richard sleeping with someone else. She throws Richard out of the house they share. But days later she's arrested for the murder of his mistress. Olivia knows she's innocent, but with all the evidence pointing at her and an obvious motive, she must find the real killer to clear her name.

This is a well written, gripping, page turning and thought provoking read. I was pulled in from th first page. Olivia i
MissBecka Gee
3.5 ⭐ rounded up.
This is a pretty decent police procedural.
The characters are all highly likeable (even the detestable ones lol).
Interesting story and great flow to the writing make this easy to get through.
Thanks to NetGalley & HQ for my DRC.
Sue
THE BETRAYAL is book 1 in the Olivia Sinclair series, a psychological suspense crime thriller by USA bestselling author Terry Lynn Thomas. This is a gripping thriller about a divorce attorney who’s about to discover her own marriage is based on lies when she’s arrested for murder.

On Olivia Sinclair’s sixtieth birthday, her life changed completely.

Olivia and her husband Richard had been happily married for thirty-two years. Olivia, a family law attorney was in the process of selling her practice
Shirin Tondkar
The first book of Olivia Sinclair series by Terry Lynn Thomas. I am looking forward to the next in this series.

Olivia Sinclair is an almost retired divorce lawyer, her birthday gift is a video of her husband having an affair with a very young lady. She happily married, and had a beautiful and calm life with her trusted husband, now feels awful and betrayed, everything fall apart. But this is not the worst that happens, she arrests, her stupid daughter has a psycho husband and the story goes on.
Tonya
Feb 07, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you NetGalley and HQ Digital for my ARC. Olivia is a women who appears to have it all. She is an accomplished lawyer in a happy marriage with a loving husband and daughter. On her birthday, Olivia receives a video showing her husband having sex with another woman. In that moment her dream life is shattered into a million pieces. Not only is her marriage over, but soon she is fighting for her life when she is arrested for the murder of her husband’s mistress. Loyalties are tested and friend ...more
Mark
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started this last week and like most of us ( here in the UK/, and especially in London and the new ‘Tier 4’ areas ) had a bad weekend and real life took over as more fiction than fiction, I didn’t feel like reading like I normally do nor reviewing tbh and I think a lot of books would have been discarded in the midst of what was announced and processing it all
Yet, when I did read, 10/15 mins here and there, middle of the night with anxiety high this book held its own and did keep me going back
Vintage
Entertaining mystery but not quite edge of my seat material. Mysteries were my go to for years, but since my HP/romance inundation I just haven’t read as many recently.

I would argue with the tagline, One of the most gripping psychological thriller books of 2020, the start of a new suspense series as the mystery murder isn’t all that psychological, but it’s good.

Olivia finds out that she’s been duped into thinking her husband is a good one when in fact he’s a self-centered, cheating rat bastard.
Louise Wilson
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She throws Richardout of the home they share. But days later she arrested for the murder of his mistress. Olivia knows she's innocent, but with all the evidence pointing at her and an obivous motive, she must find the real killer to clear her name.

This is a well written, gripping, page turning and and thought provoking read. I was pulled in from the first page. Olivia
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This fast-moving narrative grabs you from the beginning as you realise that Olivia is in a race against time to prove her innocence. What once was an idyllic and charming life, suddenly moves to suspicion and house arrest. Can she find out who murdered the mistress? Can she ever trust her husband again?

This was such an intriguing narrative that I finished this book very quickly. However, I did find that the ending dragged a little once the perpetrator had been captured. In addition, I correctly
Linda Strong
Happy Birthday, Olivia Sinclair! And what a birthday it is. She receives a text video showing her husband of many years with a much younger woman and it's obvious they are having an affair. It's all she can do to get through the surprise party given by her husband before advising him to pack his stuff and leave, her intent is to get a divorce. The young lady he is dallying with is his secretary.

It's only a few days later that detectives show up at her door and promptly arrest her for the murder
Lovemybooks2020 Cindy Ward
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booktour, own
A gripping and unputdownable thriller for fans of Gillian McAllister and Alafair Burke, 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙡 is a backlist must. It was described as one of the most gripping psychological thriller books of 2020, and is the start of a new suspense series (Olivia Sinclair series), which author Terry Lynn Thomas will be adding to later this year.⁣

𝗦𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘆:⁣
From the USA Today bestselling author Terry Lynn Thomas comes a gripping thriller about a divorce attorney who’s about to discover her own marriage is b
debbicat *made of stardust*
Olivia (Liv), has a neat life...until she gets texted a video of her husband doing the nasty with a young woman who later ends up being murdered. Liv becomes the prime suspect.

I really enjoyed the first half. Was rooting for Liv all the way. I did want to see her solve the murder (became murders) and save herself. The second half left me very disappointed. Some events were not believable and it got wrapped up too neatly for me.

I did enjoy doing this as a buddy read with friends Jayme and DeAnn
Jen
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a quick read, more of a mystery than a psychological thriller, in my opinion. It centers on Olivia, who thinks she has the perfect marriage and is planning on retiring and spending more time with her family, when she finds out her husband had an affair. To make matters worse, the mistress ends up being murdered and all signs point to Olivia. The story focuses on Olivia's relationships with her husband, family, and other characters within the book as well as trying to figure out who real ...more
ʚϊɞ Shelley's ʚϊɞ Book Nook
This book sounded right up my alley. Murder mystery, police procedural, cold case and a cheating husband to boot. The sad thing is it didn't live up to its potential. I figured out the murderer on page 52...that bummed me out.

The writing was okay and kept me turning pages and it is a quick read at 241 pages but when you guess the culprit at 22% in it just isn't worth your time.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Terry Lynn Thomas and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a
oohlalabooks
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
The book delved right into Olivia and Richard Sinclair’s joyous occasion, Olivia’s birthday and retirement. Olivia’s life is changed in an instant, she receives a video of her husband in a compromising position with one of his young lovers then is arrested for the girl’s murder. She’s being framed, but luckily she has people on her side supporting her. Her attorney, Stephen, and Brian, an investigator, work tirelessly in proving her innocence and it pays off. This is fast paced, suspenseful, and ...more
Kylie
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I'm so sorry to say this but I just couldn't get into this book. I just felt nothing towards any of the characters. A quick and easy read though

Thanks to netgalley for the free copy in exchange for an honest review
Christy
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was a quick fast paced read about attorney Olivia Sinclair and her quest to prove her innocence in this whodunnit mystery. The storyline grabs you right from the beginning with Olivia receiving a video of her husband with another women. Thus setting the stage for the ensuing drama. Betrayal, cheating & murder all in one with lots of twists and turns along the way.

I liked the character portrayals and the way the author makes them relatable. The characters all have their individual issues th
Melissa Borsey
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
A slow burn mystery about a woman, Olivia, who receives a video on her birthday which shows her husband and his mistress together. When the mistress is found murdered, Olivia is arrested and forced to find out who has framed her. This story has a very neatly wrapped up ending. I thank Netgalley and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Debbie
Oct 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I really loved the premise of this one and aside from a couple of minor issues, the plot was one I really enjoyed. I loved the outline of the characters but probably just needed more depth and the conversations felt too literal for me. Definitely an author I would try more by in the future.
Natalie "Curling up with a Coffee and a Kindle" Rampling
This was an enjoyable, fast paced read. I liked the characters and the plot was gripping the whole way through.
Whilst I don't think it is an exceptionally memorable book, it was good enough to get my attention back to reading, after struggling with concentration in the last few days.
I worked out the ending very early on, which I never do! I feel like more could have been done to give the reader more red herrings to make it more 'jaw-dropping'.
Bambi Rathman
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is almost no worse feeling than that of being betrayed unless you're betrayed by the one person you love with all your heart. Believing your love for each other is forever. This is what Olivia has believed her 32-year marriage to Richard has been. True love. "True love isn't about romance. True love, the kind of love that withstands the test of time, is what you have when the romance wears away. True love is knowing your spouse has your back no matter what. It's about devotion and family. ...more
Donna Hines
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, arc
What does every wife whose ever been cheated on wish to say- Terry Lynn Thomas - help us out here:
"Find yourself a nice young wife who will stroke your ego and put up with your relentless bullshit."
Alrighty Then- Enter sarcasm- Olivia has just been charged for the murder of her husband Richard's mistress- Sandy.
Are you kidding me?? What? How?
Surely, she has the video of them in the sheets but why would she kill a woman she's never met?
Why not just divorce his pitiful self?
Clearly, she's being s
Brenda Feinen
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
On her 62 birthday, Olivia learns the truth about her life. After a morning of lovemaking with her husband, Olivia goes to her family law office to finalize the sale of her practice. She has dreamed of this for years - finally able to travel with Richard, a very successful lawyer as well. Olivia opens an email, watches the attached video and her world collapses.
The body of Richard's secretary and lover is found. Olivia is charged with murder and placed on house arrest. With the help of her lawy
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Betray Her
  • Unfaithful
  • The Silent Friend
  • Trust Me
Terry Lynn Thomas grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, which explains her love of foggy beaches, windy dunes, and Gothic mysteries. When her husband promised to buy Terry a horse and the time to write if she moved to Mississippi with him, she jumped at the chance. Although she had written several novels and screenplays prior to 2006, after she relocated to the South she set out to write in earne ...more

Olivia Sinclair (2 books)
  • The Witness: An utterly gripping psychological thriller book for 2021 for fans of mystery and suspense series (Olivia Sinclair series, Book 2)