Start by marking “Ice Creams at Emerald Cove (Jewel Island #3)” as Want to Read:
Ice Creams at Emerald Cove (Jewel Island #3)

Ice Creams at Emerald Cove

(Jewel Island #3)

Escape to the Cornish coast this spring with a trip to the beautiful Emerald Cove, where the sea sparkles in the sunshine, the sand glitters like gold, and true love is in the air. From the bestselling author of Sunrise over Sapphire Bay comes this gorgeously romantic and uplifting tale.

Skye Philips and Jesse Hamilton have a complicated relationship. They’ve been neighbour
Published March 12th 2021 (first published January 10th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Ice Creams at Emerald Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Creams at Emerald Cove

Start your review of Ice Creams at Emerald Cove (Jewel Island #3)
Robin Loves Reading
In this delightful third book in the Jewel Island series, Skye Philips and Jesse Hamilton try to navigate their on and off romantic relationship. Friends with benefits, long distance at that - her in England and him in Canada, does not make sorting out their feelings for one another very easy. They do have a past that connects them however. They were married for a brief year several years ago. Meanwhile, Jesse has a 12-year-old daughter to consider as he struggles with his feelings for Skye.

Skye
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Before you start reading this, please make sure you are stocked up with sweet treats or ice-cream as this book will make you hungry.

After all this is the book where Cones at the Cove, and dessert masters Skye and Jesse take centre stage, and I was peckish throughout reading this (and I blame this book for my ordering Nandos chocolate cake alongside the chicken while I was reading - it was delicious!).

I was so eager to read this that I started it within 48 hours of it landing on my kindle, and I
Rachel
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to proof read this for Holly so had a sneak peek.

Another lovely, heartwarming book. Can Skye and Jesse move on from their friends with benefits arrangements?

Great to catch up with the other characters on Jewel Island too, I hope we have another trip in the pipeline in this series!
Joanne D'Arcy
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is our third visit to Jewel Island and this time we are spending some time fulfilling all of our ice cream dreams in Cones at the Cove. This is the concept of Skye one of the three sisters we were introduced to back in book one. She has a creative talent for ice cream flavours and toppings and loves to share it with everyone she loves.

The trouble is her love is complicated. Jesse, the man she loves and was briefly married to lives in Canada and has a daughter from a previous marriage. Their
Lisa
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A truly enchanting story of love and ice-cream! Skye married young, and holds secrets of her toxic relationship. Divorced a 2nd time from Jesse, the two remain close despite Jesse and his daughter living in Canada and maintain a 'friends with benefits' relationship when they meet. Jesse and Bea arrive at Cones at The Cove, Skye's ice-cream and dessert shop in the grounds of her family's hotel, to help Skye make a success of resurrecting an old island tradition, the Pudding Parade! Their relation ...more
Kel
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love a Holly Martin book and this book is my favourite so far from this series. I loves spending more time with Skye and her world of ice cream and sweet treats.

We have met Bea & Jesse in previous books but this story is focused around them and Skye, we get to read about how their lives have been shaped up until now and see them form new bonds.

Whilst reading this book it made me laugh and I felt the highs and lows of the characters as I continued to read. I am already so excited for the next b
Lorna
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Each time I read a Holly Martin book I think to myself ‘there must be at least one of her books I don’t enjoy, maybe this is the one’. But every single time I’m proved wrong and every book surpasses the rest.

This is a mesmerising story of hope and love between Skye and Jesse. A long burning love that neither of them exposes to the other and so they exist on the edge of will they/won’t they. While reading this I had a few chuckles, a few gasps and few wide eyed expressions and I can tell you for
Clare Perry
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Steph Lawrence
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
As my review copy came through I’d just finished another book, so I just had to read this one straight away. Holly’s books always hook me in instantly, and they are the perfect combination of emotional and funny.
I just adore the setting of Jewel Island, and I feel like I know it so well. The two other books set here are well worth a read, Sunrise Over Sapphire Bay and Autumn Skies Over Ruby Falls. The place names are absolutely beautiful.
The three Philips sisters Aria, Clover and Skye own the ho
Charlotte (Escapades of a Bookworm)
Reviews can also be found on my blog Escapades of a BookwormI received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.So Ice Cream at Emerald Bay was super delicious. Although it had me craving all things sweet! So if you could pass me the ice cream, that would be great!

Like every other Holly Martin book, this was an absolute joy to read. I loved reading Skyes' story and being back on Emerald Island with
Kathryn
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely light-hearted, feel-good book, that will have you whisked away to a beautiful costal village nestled in Emerald Cove.
We all want a picturesque escape at this time of the year when the weather is dull and there isn’t a lot to do compared to the glorious sunny days to come later in the year. This story will take you to a happy place!
If you love romance novels; this is perfect! I have read many books by Holly Martin previously but this is the most ‘steamy’ of her books that I’ve re
Roberta
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a Holly Martin fan for many years now, and I especially love the Jewel Island series. I enjoyed Sunrise Over Sapphire Bay and Autumn Skies Over Ruby Falls immensely, so I was thrilled to be given an ARC for Ice Creams at Emerald Cove.

I loved returning to Jewel Island, to Sapphire Bay Hotel, and to all the characters that I know and love. This book is Skye and Jesse’s (and Bea’s) story, and it also had a little bit about Sylvia too, which I particularly enjoyed. It was wonderful to see
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 03-march, 2021-reads
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free for a Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. I feel like I have been waiting for this book for ages. I could see Skye and Jesse's relationship bubbling in the background of the first two books in this series and I've been so excited to hear their story. This is the third book in the Jewel Island series but each book focuses on a dif ...more
Simona
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

We are finally back on Jewel Island again, yay!!!

This time the story is focused on Skye. We of course already know her and I was very excited for her story. Things are complicated between her and Jesse and we finally got to into more depth.

Their feelings for each other are obvious, but Jesse is in Canada with his daughter. When Skye decides to organise a Pudding parade, she asks him to come and help and there he is.

I really
Jane Woods
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ice Creams at Emerald Cove is book 3 in the Jewel Island series. It was everything I was hoping for and more.
This was Skye's and Jesse's story and is was truly enthralling story. This had so many feel good factors. Skye and Jesse's friends with benefits relationship needed to move forward and Holly did not disappoint.
Set on Jewel Island with Skye wanting to revive old traditions and put life back into the island, she set about organising the Pudding Parade with the help of Jesse and the Sapphir
Pam Robertson
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The third in this series of books centred on Jewel Island, this one truly feels like the dessert and I defy you to read it without savouring all the delicious ice creams and desserts which Skye and Jesse set about creating. It is a delightful read and one in which you get to find out a lot more about Skye and her 'friends -with-benefits' relationship with the Canadian Jesse. It has an intriguing mystery at its heart and one in which family ties are so important.
Both Skye and Jesse are wary of d
Melena Torretta
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There is just something about Holly Martin's writing I can't get enough of. Her characters feel like people you know and could be friends with and I love the charming small town settings.

Throughout the Jewel Island series, Skye has been a secondary character and there have been references here and there to her relationship with Jesse. It made me very curious to see how they might be able to have a second chance together, and this book did not disappoint!

Things are not easy or simple as they navi
Jane Hunt
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The third book in an engaging series about three sisters, set at a hotel complex in a picturesque cove, Skye's story is complete, but read the series, its too good to miss. With her past littered with failed relationships, her friendship with Jesse endures despite living in different countries. Physical compatibility isn't a problem, but both deny their emotional bond.

This story focuses on the Pudding parade, which brings Jesse and his daughter Bea back to the cove. This emotional story is full
Lucy Jade
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Once again holly martin has blown me away with her incredible way with words. This is the third book in the Emerald Cove series but can also be read as a stand alone. Skye and Jesse are a half couple half awkward friends with benefits pair with a not so storybook beginning or middle so far. Jesse has a daughter (who we meet properly in this book) so that’s something he has to consider.

Absolutely brilliant - I don’t want to go too much into the story as I am never one for spoilers but seriously
Tea Leaves and Reads
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it

This was a lovely read that transported me to sunnier and warmer climates and helped me imagine I could travel in a time when it’s not possible! This book will make you hungry and eager to try out some of the cre
Tracy
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this, the 3rd in the Jewel Island series.
Bought this direct from Holly with a dedication in the front. This is definately the jewel in the crown & sparkles as much as my engagement ring which is what the dedication was for.
It is just like going back to revist old friends, especially in a time when we are not allowed to travel.
The book goes along fairly steadily & then sunddenly the twists & turns made it impossible to put down.
I can't wait for the new book out in June.
I will always buy dir
June
Mar 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Skye has been Jesse’s next door neighbour, his wife and now his best friend with benefits. Problem is not only does Skye live in a different country to Jesse. She’s also been in love with him for years, but she doesn’t think he feels the same way. Jesse and his daughter Bea go to visit Skye and she’s determined to tell him the truth, whether she likes the answer or not.

Really enjoyed being back on Emerald Cove and hearing Skye and Jesse’s story. It’s so lovely seeing how Aria, Noah, Clover and
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Third time is the best

I absolutely loved the 3rd installment in this series. I've waited to see how the story of Skye & Jesse unfolds and boy was it worth the wait. I laughed and cried and stayed upto 3am to finish it. I've loved all 3 books but this one was my favourite. Roll on June for the next one 😁
Coral McCallum
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The latest Jewel Island tale was a breath of fresh air and probably as close to a beach holiday as I'll get this year. Having read the others in the series this felt like meeting up with old friends. No spoilers from me but love how the characters all skilfully intertwine...still not likely to develop a love of rhubarb though! Great read! Looking forward to the next one, Holly. ...more
Sophie Bristow Harris
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book of Holly Martin’s that I’ve read. I was drawn to it by the title and cover.
An absolutely delicious book which had me smiling and in tears - happy ones of course!
I screamed silently in my head at one of the characters many times but they redeemed themselves by the last few pages!
A wonderful book, I look forward to reading more by this author.
Cath Sharples
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
Not quite as advertised

A "heartwarming feel-good romantic comedy "? It wasn't heartwarming, romantic, feel good or a comedy! Might have made a good short story, but there are only so many pages I can read that just keep saying the same thing over and over. I didn't make it to the end, but I bet I can tell you the outcome!
Carla Jayne Rutherford
Mar 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful.

Yet another beautifully written book by Holly Martin. Read in one sitting. Her way of writing just transports you straight into the book. I feel I'm there on the island with the characters. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and can't wait for her next.
Dorothea Randazzo
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and was so sad when it finished.

You can really feel with Skye and Jesse and understand both their feelings and hesitations. It’s just a really sweet book to read when you curl up on the couch.
Emma Mcvittie
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oriana
Mar 17, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always really easy to read books. You get to know the characters in the series and they are always great books to read and get lost in. The build up to the plot got lost and only came back in the epilogue but I’m yet to read a bad book from holly.

• Sweet Pastries & Sourdough: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 15)
  • Tasty Treats at Seahorse Bites Café : An uplifting and heartwarming novel about family, friendship and looking for love in all the wrong places. (Seahorse Harbour Book 4)
  • Secret Places in Pretty Beach : A cosy, feel-good, uplifting romantic read to escape with in 2021. (Secrets in Pretty Beach Book 2)
  • Finding Hope at the Loch (Loch Lannick Book 7)
  • Spring Flowers and April Showers (Little Bamton, #2)
  • Secret Evenings in Pretty Beach : A cosy, feel-good, uplifting romantic read to escape with in 2021 - love, life, & secrets by the sea.
  • A Wedding on Sunflower Street
  • New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow
  • All You Need Is Love
  • The Villa of Dreams
  • Just for Christmas (Seahorse Harbour Book 3)
  • My Kind of Happy
  • The Village of Lost and Found (Riverside Lane #2)
  • The Lake House (Love Heart Lane #5)
  • Christmas Wishes on Sunflower Street (Sunflower Street #4)
  • Christmas at the Little Waffle Shack (Heritage Cove, Book 2)
  • Christmas Lights and Snowball Fights
  • A Brambleberry Manor Christmas (The Little Duck Pond Cafe #14)
Holly lives in a little white cottage by the sea. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years’ service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university ...more

Jewel Island (4 books)
  • Sunrise over Sapphire Bay (Jewel Island, #1)
  • Autumn Skies Over Ruby Falls (Jewel Island, #2)
  • Sunlight over Crystal Sands