Start by marking “Mike Mignola: The Quarantine Sketchbook” as Want to Read:
Mike Mignola: The Quarantine Sketchbook

Mike Mignola: The Quarantine Sketchbook

(Hellboy: Artbooks)

During the coronavirus quarantine, legendary Hellboy creator Mike Mignola posted original pencil sketches online and auctioned off the art to raise money for José Andrés' World Central Kitchen. The sketches went viral and were the talk of the comics internet.

Now those sketches are published in print for the first time, with all profits going to the World Central Kitchen.

Th
Published March 16th 2021 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Mike Mignola, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mike Mignola

Start your review of Mike Mignola: The Quarantine Sketchbook
Chad
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was awesome. When the U.S. first shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Mike Mignola amused his fans by creating these sketches and posting them to social media.

Then he started auctioning them off for charity.

Raising over $325,000 so far for Jose Andres's World Central Kitchen.

It's a wonderful charity that not only helps those in need of food, but employs out of work food workers to make the food.

Now, Dark Horse is donating all the profits of this sketchbook to the World Central Kitchen as
Alexander Peterhans
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss
Generally I'm not a huge fan of sketchbooks added to the back of trade paperbacks - it sort of presumes the art is so fantastic I want to see more of it. That said, I always make an exception for Mike Mignola.

So Mike Mignola is semi-retired these days, but when presented with Covid-19s effect on life, which has generally meant some form of lockdown or quarantine (staying at home) for most people, he decided to make daily pencil drawings to amuse himself and his followers on social media, where h
Leander
Apr 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mike Mignola besloot er het beste van te maken toen hij net als ieder ander een jaar binnen moest zitten. Hij ging tekenen, die tekeningen delen op het internet en vervolgens de originelen veilen. De opbrengst ging naar World Central Kitchen. Een organisatie die in in moeilijke tijden heel wat mensen van eten voorziet.
Deze tekeningen zijn vervolgens gebundeld in een prachtig groot formaat hardcover schetsboek.
Het is Mignola on optima forma., Iedere pagina een potloodtekening van een karakter.
Sean Dolan
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A gorgeous book. I didn't see all the sketches when posted online, so having them collected in this book and on fantastic thick paper is amazing. The only thing I'd like is descriptions on the sketches (the idea behind each one, the process, etc). But still a great book for any Mignola fans. ...more
Matt Graupman
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The experience of coronavirus lockdown over the last year or so has been vastly different for everyone, obviously; there was really no right or wrong way to do it, of course, as long as you were being safe. That said, I developed a nice little quarantine belly while Hellboy creator Mike Mignola posted sketches on his social media and auctioned them off, donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to World Central Kitchen so - strike that - I guess there WAS a right and a wrong way to quarantine. T ...more
Joshua Mantilla
Apr 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading your book. I read enthusiastically and understood the story. ... If you have some great stories like this one, you can publish it on Novel Star, just submit your story to hardy@novelstar.top or joye@novelstar.top
Richard Shur
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great sketches for a great cause!
Charles Davis
These are the type of stories I love to read. I hope I can see your work in NovelStar. There are also a lot of talented writers in that platform. You may check their group on Facebook.
Justine Chen
Reading a good story like this one, I suggest you join NovelStar’s writing competition, you might be their next big star.
Ryan O'Laughlin
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Considering it's for charity, buy as many of them as you can afford! ...more
Iain Ross

• Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
  • Lead Poisoning: The Pencil Art of Geof Darrow
  • 19 Ways of Looking at Wang Wei
  • The Book Tour
  • The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)
  • Austerlitz
  • Hypnotwist / Scarlet By Starlight
  • Maison Ikkoku Collector's Edition, Vol. 2
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 4
  • Lucifer, Vol. 4: The Devil At Heart
  • Firefly: New Sheriff in the 'Verse Vol. 2
  • New Teen Titans Vol. 11
  • Madman Volume 1
  • The Unstoppable Wasp: A.I.M. Escape!
  • New Teen Titans Vol. 12
Mike Mignola was born September 16, 1960 in Berkeley, California and grew up in nearby Oakland. His fascination with ghosts and monsters began at an early age (he doesn't remember why) and reading Dracula at age 13 introduced him to Victorian literature and folklore from which he has never recovered.

In 1982, hoping to find a way to draw monsters for a living, he moved to New York City and began wo

Hellboy: Artbooks (10 books)
  • The Art of Hellboy