Start by marking “The Legacy: James (The Legacy Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Legacy: James (The Legacy Series Book 1)

The Legacy: James (The Legacy Series Book 1)

Kindle Edition
Published October 16th 2020

Start your review of The Legacy: James (The Legacy Series Book 1)
Raquel
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tricia sent me a copy of this book, for review.

The Legacy: James is a great follow-up to her debut series, The Culling.

Legacy: James takes place 21+ years after the events of the end of the Culling series. The main character is James, the first born son of Reagan (née Scott) and Lyncoln Reed, and twin to his sister Kennedy. They have a younger brother named Elijah. Also we get to meet the daughter of Henry Maxwell, who was also a main character in the original series. They are the Heirs.

It has b
Andrea Payne
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You won't put it down once you pick it up!!

Welcome to the next generation of the blow out series, The Culling. I was so impressed by the "first generation" that I reached out to the author and she sent me the book ahead of time. I don't write reviews about the book content. I write about my impressions and reactions. I LOVE Tricia Wentworth's work.

I am THOROUGHLY impressed by the quality of the writing and editing. I wish all author's were as accurate and consistent with the storyline and minu
Kevin Staley
Nov 25, 2020 rated it liked it
A well-written novel. The development of the main characters was good, but for someone who enjoys a fairly fast, suspenseful, action oriented story, I found it moved rather slowly.

I do realize this is the first in a series, and so the author is likely establishing a better picture of the main characters. And, possibly setting up the underlying storyline for easier, faster use in subsequent novels without belaboring the details when the story has picked up speed. In support of that thought, I di
Nicole Hale
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The heirs!!!!

I fell in love with Tricia Wentworth’s writing in The Culling Series and I flew through those so quick so when she released the announcement for The Legacy James I was so excited to get a front row seat to the next culling! If you haven’t read the Culling Series I would definitely recommend that first since this book is a spinoff of that series!!

This one follows James Reed and his journey to the culling! I will not post spoilers but this book was absolutely fantastic!!

Of course no
Rory
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tricia Wentworth is my all time favorite writer. Her writing gives detail, but not to the point where it bores the reader. I have easily read her series, The Culling, at least 3 times all the way through. When I first received this book via mail from my grandma, who lives in the same small town as Mrs. Wentworth, I was beyond excited to see it was signed. Once I began reading this book, I finished it in two days because I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!! This book brought action, surprise, romance, and e ...more
Stevie Williams
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another phenomenal book!

I love this author and the Culling Series more than any words could express. Every time I read one, I feel as if I’ve been transported there and am viewing it all from first Reagan’s point of view and now that of James. I cannot wait for the next book, as I can already tell Kennedy may be my favorite of the heirs!
Christine Cazeneuve
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Loved it

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is a continuation of the Culling series which takes place about twenty years after the final book. It's the story of the previous stories three children and their turn at the Culling. So much better and I love all the characters and found it so hard to put down. Looking forward to more.
Zara
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this book after I read The Culling, and although I liked The Culling better, this was a good book. I liked the characters and the relationships they had, but I did not feel as immersed in this book as I did in her earlier series, maybe because it was in third person point of view. I will continue the series though because it was still a good book.
Jean Couto
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, as expected!

Nothing short of amazing. James and Ember are a powerhouse couple. They are what the country needs following Lyncoln and Reagan. If you haven't read the intial series The Culling you really should.
Mimi
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
a great start to the sequel series. i felt the love triangle was a little too predictable but other then that i really enjoyed it. looking forward to starting the next book in the morning. Interested in seeing how the perspectives change the narrative and story line as the next few books continue
Katie Ginster
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great first part of the legacy series! Trying to be wait for the rest!
Vic Leigh
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this book.
Kenza Ashworth
Gemma
Mar 08, 2021
Marianna
Apr 07, 2021

• Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12)
  • Jack of Spades (Vegas Underground, #2)
  • King of Diamonds (Vegas Underground, #1)
  • Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • Ace of Hearts (Vegas Underground, #3)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 3
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 2
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)
  • The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)
  • The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
  • The Bone Houses
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • Alpha's Temptation (Bad Boy Alphas, #1)
  • Possession (Steel Brothers Saga #3)
Tricia Wentworth is the award-winning author of The Culling series. Though she began writing at a young age, she didn’t realize her love of writing would take over until after she graduated college with her teaching degree. She currently resides in Nebraska with her husband, three sons, and English bulldog. She hoards notebooks, pretty pens, books, and tea. When not reading, writing, or momming, s ...more

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...