Start by marking “The Devil's Crown: Part 2” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Crown: Part 2

The Devil's Crown: Part 2

(The Devil's Crown #2)

All The Pretty Things Trilogy Spin-Off

With the enemy dead, my throne awaits my return. But the reason I’m still standing is being held captive by another foe.
Kindle Edition
Published September 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Crown

Start your review of The Devil's Crown: Part 2
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g
DC
THE DEVIL'S CROWN: is the second full length 'Mafia Romance,' book in the 'Devil Crown's' duet, by Monica James. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.' This is a continuation of Alek's and Ella's story.

After that cliffy and screaming at the author with how things left off in (Part: 1) I was highly anticipating this book!! I knew going by the hype that a lot of grit is going to reign down on us as he takes back the throne thats rightly been his..

This embodies exactly how a mafia duet should
Mira☁️
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
BLOG
This is the last book in this spin-off. In this book, we see what happens after the ending of the first book and how Alek tries to build his empire once again and get revenge on all the people that stand with his brother and we continue his story with Ella and what happens to her after she went to Santo.

This book makes me so anxious like every scene kept me at the edge of my seat because all the characters are unpredictable, I couldn’t predict their second move. I loved the bond between Ale
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200921_225409.png

I need a minute because that was one hell of a ride!! This was gritty, unforgivable, and shock worthy with revengeful lust that will have you bracing for impact. Aleksei Popov is back and badder than ever and he wants his kingdom. You know what they say about fallen kings, once they get up and adjust their crown, be ready for a more ruthless king.

c8c31e21e7c3cdaa92be4b23adfadc73.gif

I fell in love with the first book of this duet and after reading the cliffhanger, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on part two. Alek was thrown a curve
Jessica
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance
This is the second book to a duet, so you definitely have to read Part 1 first. I also recommend reading the All the Pretty Things trilogy before reading this because you get a lot of background on Alek, as well as Willow and Saint, who show up quite a bit in this duet.

When I say this is a dark romance, I mean it's DARK. Our characters go through dark things, including sexual assault, and there are quite a bit of gruesome death scenes. Monica James does not hold back when it comes to the reveng
Carla Bulian
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a book!
It was a huge ride! I loved every word and the characters... WOW.
It’s worth the reading.
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
project_20200716_1050443_0
4.5 STARS
Now this review was bitter sweet for me because I let a day pass for me to cool off and come back to this, and I still feel the same. My full review is LONG because I have a lot of emotions into this, that said, I didn't jump over joy LOVE IT but still in my heart being invested in these characters I enjoyed reading it very much. I've debated on revising my full review many times and decided to go with my gut and leave it as is FULL OF EMOTION as I was reading. For my FULL REVIEW ->
Meredith Wilson
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arcs
The Devil's Crown is the second book in this mafia romance duet by Monica James. The conclusion to Alek and Ella's story was emotional, angsty and suspenseful with plenty of twists and turns and deliciously hot encounters. Folks, this right here is dark romance at its finest, and I loved each and every second of it!

With his half-brother dead, it's time for Alek to reclaim his throne. But at the same time, he is determined to find the woman he loves. He is in agony over losing her and will do wha
Ana Manjić
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
9550-F7-C4-16-B5-4-CA9-951-E-537160-DA1569

"I can't live a simple life. I tried. I was born a leader, and deep down, I feel most at home in the darkness... I'll be callous and calculated because that's what the people expect of the kingpin of Russia, which is who I am now."

This is exactly how dark mafia romance should be written!
I love every single word Monica wrote.

Alek as the Devil himself, and Ella as his strength, his equal, his love for eternity.

Both sizzling and suspenseful, nothing in this duet is simple and easy. It's a dang
Lost in Book World
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“This is my world. My rules. I’m the motherfucking king, and it’s time to adjust my crown.”
Damn Alek.... for a soul shrouded in darkness, you sure do burn up the pages!! This book blew my socks off..... I couldn’t put it down!

James hooked me with the first book of this duet - there’s nothing I love more than a broken sexy ass hero who flirts with the line of good and bad and leaves you guessing about what he’s going to do next. Alek is cunning, he’s intelligent, he’s sexy as sin, he’s ruthless
hooked_on_books
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing

(𝑨𝑹𝑪 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘.)
𝑅𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒂𝒚. 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒕 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒌𝒔𝒆𝒊 𝑷𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒗 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌.

I don't know about y'all, but i keep reading one great book after another. And this one here is a fucking WINNER!!
I don'r really know what to say other that Monica James, YOU ROCK!! This was beyond epic, i enjoyed every minute reading this wonderful book. Aleksei Popov owns my heart and soul.

This book picks up
Sheena ☆ Book Sheenanigans

❝ Those who made the ones I love suffer are going to pay. I will inflict a lifetime of pain because Aleksei Popov is back...but unlike before, I have so much more worth fighting for.❞
Yes, it’s official.

‘The Devil’s Crown’ duology is Monica James' best work thus far.

From the get-go, this follow-up series to ‘All The Pretty Things Trilogy’ was an instant page turner and the author was able to deliver a near perfect conclusion to Alek and Ella’s journey. It had the pe
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 "Back to the Top" Stars ⭐️
The Devil's Crown Part 2 was a real page turner! Such a violent, yet emotional story I just couldn't put down! This conclusion to Alek and Ella’s journey was intoxicating and unpredictable with lots of devious surprises, sinfully hot encounters, beautifully tragic and unputdownable! This read was the perfect escape for my dark romance addiction!

As much as I enjoyed this novel, it gave me such a different vibe than the first one. The darkness is omnipresent and
Diana
goodreads-pic

I’d Give My All For You: An Adventurous Ending
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
This is the second part of the All The Pretty Things Trilogy Spin-Off Duet. To understand everything, it is required to read The Devil’s Crown Part One and the All The Pretty Things Trilogy.

First things first, this is hands down my favorite cover of the year! Monica ends this duet in an explosive
Karina
Shelves: age-gap, dark-romance
“I would have preferred more time , but he is merely an entrée” Alek , you beautiful human.

Monica James , you are a genius. It took me what feels like forever to finish the book , only because I didn’t want it to end.

This is such a bitter sweet feeling. I don’t want this to end , I want more but at the same time I’m also so happy. I can’t put it into words how much I LOVED this book.

The angst and pain in this book was everything. Alek’s lines were everything. Him putting everyone before him W
Kodie Mackay
We have reached the conclusion to Monica James's epic two part story of Alek and Ella.

To say this story exceeds all of my expectations would be a vast understatement. Monica just completely blew me out of the water with everything about this duo.

Alek was never going to be the hero because he is in fact the villain of his own story. To like a man like him? A man that in reality is very much a monster that makes you question your own sanity and yet there was so much to like, to love even. It's wa
Aundi Living That Book Life
5 New World Crowns

20200914-221314-0000

I bow to the Queen of darkness; this book is liquid fire licking across your skin in a decadent caress igniting your soul in flames. Monica has taken all notions you may have had and thrown them straight out the window delivering this EPIC and transcendent conclusion to Alek and Ella’s story. This book is guaranteed to bring you to your knees with each new twist and turn gripping you by the throat and holding you utterly captivated.

I thought I was in love with Alek in t
Books With
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“She is my future—in this lifetime and the next.”

I didn’t think I could love anyone more than Saint but then The Devil’s Crown pt 1 happened and Alek stole my dark heart lol, but this book? Part 2? Sheesh

It was like an action packed romance movie was playing in my head while I read.

This book broke my heart and healed it at the same time. The angst was crazy.

______________

My man Alek redeemed himself but stayed true to his character. He was no saint, seriously don’t ever expect this man to st
it.sgottabethebooks
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have no words for the phenomenal Ms. Monica James. She completely slayed me with Ella and Alek’s journey. My emotions were on overload. I didn’t know if I was angry, sad, turned-on, happy... it was all too much but I loved every minute of it. The author held my heart and soul captive with the way she concluded Alek and Ella’s story. It seems like ages ago I felt I was at a crossroad with my feelings toward Aleksei. There is no doubt in my mind how much this character has grown on me and has gr ...more
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor I’m a bad man. And I’m okay with that.
This is my world.My rules.
I’m the motherfucking king, and it’s time to adjust my crown.

I could Kidnap Alek. I am not even kidding. This author has literally created my dream man😂😍. And of course I would kidnap him with PURE intentions.. nothing bad… 😏

Anyways , talk about Dark Romance and this author definitely takes the Crown! This book was marvelous. After that punch-to-the-gut cliffhang
PP's Bookshelf
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Monica James gave me so many panic attacks and near cardiac arrests in The Devil's Crown : Part 2! This story was beyond twisted and dark. Be prepared to break in Monica James' hands because this deviant, adrenaline filled and intense romance conquered my heart so easily.

Aleksei Popov is ready to get back his crown as the king of Russia's crime world. But he has changed a lot and Ella is one of the main reasons. Who has sacrificed willingly and is now living with the monsters. The Italian mafia.
bookspaced
What a book!
I finished this book yesterday in not even 4h and I am still not 100% ready to move on. This story was a rollercoaster of epic proportions! Alek our anti-hero/devil has already been through so much in the previously book but he had to do one better and risk his life.. AGAIN!

This book is one of the darkest I have ever read. The themes throughout the book are really not on the lighter side. I had to pause a few times during some of these scenes but I also couldn‘t stop for to long beca
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2020-reads
** REVIEW TO COME**
OH FUCK.... I need a minute...
25 Readings Or More
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing ending 🤯🤩😍🖤
Monica James just gave me all the delicious darkness i crave 😈
It was an hell of ride...
One i enjoyed through and through, because what a sight is the mother*ucking king of Russia!!

To be honest Alek & Ella' road was not an easy one: it made me suffer, and it made me murderous. But it was worth it.

This book show you how thin and fragile is the line between right and wrong, good and bad.

Alek is not a common villian, far from it actually. He is smart and and Machiavellia
Bookish.Sh0rtys.Blog Reviews
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Monica James once again proves just why she is the Queen of dark romance. There are not enough words to accurately describe just how phenomenal this book was and how much I loved it. This is probably the most EPIC conclusion to any story I have ever read, Ms James is a literary genius. This entire story was one big intense adrenaline rush, my heart raced the entire time and at one point I thought my heart was going to beat right out of chest. Ms James takes you on a wild ride filled with delicio ...more
Trish (tiedupinbooks)
F7-E64306-21-B6-49-E5-A371-D3370-C14-A3-F6

I am so sad this duet is over. I read this book entirely too fast and honestly..

𝐈’𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐤 𝐠𝐨, 𝐲’𝐚𝐥𝐥.

I’ve been in love with this m’fer since reading the 𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 trilogy.

𝐇𝐞’𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐬.
𝐇𝐞’𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭.
𝐇𝐞’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞.
𝐇𝐄’𝐒 𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆.

My god is he addicting.

Ella is just as strong willed. Her love for Alek knows no bounds and she will do anything to keep him safe. She’s stubborn but loves whole-heartedly. They’re a match made in hell.

Monica James goes for the jugular, y’a
Bozena
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"This is my world. My rules. I’m the motherfucking king, and it’s time to adjust my crown."

"This is my world, and I only have one rule— kill anyone who stands in my way."

WOW! What a wild ride!
This second book in the Devil's Crown duet was an even more dark and brutal, but oh so unbelievable gripping and incredible exciting story.
It's definitely a must read for all mafia romances fans.
The story pick up where the last book ended. You are immediately middle in the action.
There's hardly any time
My Introvert Romance Blog
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Devil’s Crown part 2 by Monica James.

How dark is too dark?— I found myself tethering on the edge of my limits with this read... admittedly, not in a bad way.

It should be noted that the dark theme warning should be heeded, however for lovers of all things dark this duet is perfection.

Thrilling, intense, suspenseful, and gut-wrenching best describes the conclusion to Alek’s story in The Devil’s Crown part 2. I was sucked into a vortex of whirling emotions, insanity, and mind-blowing darknes
Farah
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh darkness my old friend how I've missed you!

Monica James you've out done yourself with this story. Diving into Part 2 of Alek and Ella's story was as exciting and thrilling as the first book.

The Devil's Crown Part II picks up from where Part I finished, I'm going to keep this review short and sweet because there will be no spoilers and truly if you need to know more about why this should be a series you devour keep reading.

Alek is still on his fight for his crown and with some unexpected twist
Katherine Bongo Bridge (Feistybbb)
“This is my world. My rules. I’m the motherf*cking king, and it’s time to adjust my crown.”

Bloody hell 😳

This is literally how I felt after reading this book.

Take a deep breath Kate....

Wow, just wow!

I’m literally still buzzing from this EPIC Tour de Force of a story!! How does Monica do it, she’s an amazing storyteller, who pushes ours and her characters boundaries to the limit! I really don’t know where to start lol

This book starts straight off from the ending of part one and I loved that fac
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you can’t handle dark, dark and twisted romance this is not for you. The warning at the beginning is real. Now if you love it, then you’ll want to pick up The Devil’s Crown.

Part two picks up right where things were left at the end of part one. It is hard to talk a lot about this book without spoiling it, but it is full of twists, turns, darkness, romance, some sweet moments (yes, even in a dark romance), action, drama, suspense. Part two has it all.

Alek started out as the enemy, but as his
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Exodus (The Ravenhood, #2)
  • The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)
  • Stone Princess (Clifton Forge, #3)
  • Twisted Fate (Watch Me Burn, #2)
  • Stay for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #4 )
  • Revved to the Maxx (Reynold's Restorations, #1)
  • Make Me Hate You
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Reforming Kent (The Kennedy Boys, #10)
  • Heartbreak You  (Heartbreak Duet, #2)
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • Pretend We're Over
  • Pretend I'm Yours (Pretend, #1)
  • Game Changer (#UofJ #2)
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • Fallen Heirs (Windsor Academy #3)
  • Take a Number (Wait With Me, #4)
  • Adoring Keaton (The Kennedy Boys, #9)
See top shelves…
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S.,

The Devil's Crown (2 books)
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 1