Start by marking “Saving Reli” as Want to Read:
Saving Reli

Saving Reli

Reli

My life isn’t a fairytale. It’s raw, painful, and battered.
Losing my father was the start of my downfall.
The nightmare I lived for two years shaped me.
The scars I have run deep.
I was broken.
Until him.

John

The moment I saw her, I knew she was mine.
I was thirty-one and she was fifteen.
I bided my time, waiting.
Then I saw her and there was no way I was staying awa
Published (first published October 30th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Reli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Reli

Start your review of Saving Reli
Jac K
2.5-3 Cinderella Stars
This is another one I struggle to rate. I do love a re-telling, (this is Cinderella-ish) and if you’re just looking for a painful, forbidden, dark tale… it’s ok. …BUT… the entire premise is VERY improbable, so if you need things to make sense, you might be disappointed. For example, (view spoiler)
Lilith  Seven
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK: SAVING RELI.

GENRE:CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE.
AUTHOR: BROOKE SUMMERS.
TYPE:STANDALONE.
POV: DUAL PROSPECTIVE.
MY RATING: 5+++ STARS.

Another amazing Cinderella Retelling to indulge in...
We all have read or watched an innocent tale of a girl who dreams for freedom even for just one night and in that place she finds true love.
This book is based on the same story but it has been twisted beautifully to check all the boxes for a 5 Star read which also sates my cravings for dark them
Puss'N'Books
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
pussnbooks logo
Reviewed by PussnBooks.net

Review by Puss’n’Books. Reviewing the darkest, most erotic and taboo books we can find. Click HERE for your next disturbingly sexy read.

Ugh, this one was just not my cup of tea...or coffee, or juice...or water lol.
Which was a huge surprise because I love all things dark, non-consent and fairytale retellings.

The characters felt awkward and uninteresting and I found the heroine irritated me to no end.
I get that in the original Cinderella story the Cin was a gentle and kin
Krista Webster
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a standalone, age-gap romance. Told in dual POV by Yoreli ‘Reli’ Maine and John Princeton. Based on the fairy tale Cinderella, this is a very dark version. There are lots of triggers so do take the authors advice and proceed with caution.

It starts with the funeral of Reli’s dad and John seeing her for the first time in years. Their attraction and connection to each other is ignited but she too young. Fast forward two years and the fairy tale characters of the evil stepmother and the awf
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage

Readyourbooks
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝑰’𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖,” 𝑰 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓.

I'm just...speechless? Yup.

This age-gap, dark romance gave me red puffy eyes, raw emotions, anger on all the unworthy pieces of meat breathing in the world & the harsh reality of such things happening to people out there with no one to help them.

We've all read & watch Cinderella, but this is a darker, more f*cked up & more abused from every single way version which will make your blood boil.
There are tri
Jessica Roessler
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say is, WOW.
I have never read a Brooke Summers book before, and I have to say that I was more than pleasantly surprised.

Saving Reli is a tragic and painful read, but, carries the sweetest and most caring romance along with it. Yoreli & John are just two puzzle pieces that fit perfectly right next to one another, and with John by Reli's side, you knew that there would be no harm to come to her.

Saving Reli VERY much reminds me of Cinderella. Except, the evil stepmother in this one i
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is a no holds barred tale with Reli who has suffered some horrific torture and abuse in her young life, and John is a man who will go to any lengths to save and protect her. This is a well written story which is an emotional roller coaster, and is dark, intense, twisted, raw, gritty, and powerful story which is a look at the harsh reality of life and what some people have to endure in their lives. This author has done a remarkable job in penning about some tough and real issues with s ...more
TINA WILLIAMS
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a very unique retelling of the fairy tale Cinderella with a very dark twist. Poor Reli has suffered daily abuse for years and she has given up hope of ever escaping her living hell. John is a figure from her past that finds her again and is determined to save her. This is a very dark, twisted book with an underlying story of love, acceptance and healing. It was a great read by this new to me author but it definitely won’t be the last.
Daisy Sauceda
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**If you have triggers please proceed with caution.**

Brooke Summers, You NAILED it with this book. I freaking loved it. I don't think I have read a book that you have written that I have not cried. This one will turn your insides out and make your blood boil with what Reli goes through. Dang Reli is one tough chick to endure all that she has. She is still hoping for her Prince Charming. Well John steps up to the plate. Can Reli get past her nightmares and realize that she is not broken. Will he
Christine Stephens
Dark and Delicious

This is a dark retelling of Cinderella. There are trigger warnings so please proceed with caution, but you should definitely read this book. I love Reli and John's romance. It was sweet. Reli has been through a lot and I really wanted to jump through the book and rip into her step mother. Brooke did a wonderful job with this retelling of a fairytale.
Cherry Lips
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Modern version of cinderella story but with more hideous and psycho step mom. No party in palace but grocery shopping in supermarket. She didnt leave a glass shoes but bracelet in bright morning.
The plot and characters are make sense and sensible plus role of psy councelar for the abused victim are make everything sense. Just put more bite of romance and smexyness then its will be wow
Sophie Ruthven
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this retelling so much.
Devoured this book in one sitting as I just couldn't put down. The characters and plot will tug at your heartstrings and refuse to let go.
The author has tackled a real life issue with the dignity and grace it deserves, no matter how hard it may be reading for some.
Definitely a must click.
Jessica Feeney
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brooke Summers Saving Reli is not for the fainted heart. Right from the first page I fell in love with this book and Reli’s journey to find her own happiness and forever after. It’s emotionally packed with enough drama to leave you raw and wanting more. It’s a must read
PAD.My.Bookshelf Blog
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
RELEASING OCTOBER 30TH, 2020

This Cinderella retelling has a dark edge to an old story. Not everything is meant to be a storytale and this book is not for the faint of heart.

After Reli’s father died she was in the sole custody of her step-mother, but as she soon comes to know her step-mother could care less about her and starts to shape her into someone used to being battered. Reli doesn't see any way out of her personal hell and accepts that this is her life.

John was stuck by the sight of her
Tammy
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great short read this was, a play on Cinderella, which happens to be my all time favorite. Altho this turned into a bit of a darker read than the original Cinderella, I loved the strength Yureli had to keep going. Yureli and John are so cute and so perfect for eachother, John is exactly what she needs!
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazeballs

A great twist to the cinderella tale. It has twists and turns that will make you not want to put it down!
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reli's life took a very dark turn after her father died leaving her with a truly evil stepfamily. John has always had his eye on her, but she's been too young, which I totally could appreciate, to make her his yet. He does come back into her life again, but things are such that he's going to have to rescue her because she's too beaten down to do it for herself, and after you read what she went through, you'll completely understand. And this is the point that I want to give a serious warning, the ...more
Ashley Harper
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book. WOW. It is a dark retelling of a modern day Cinderella story. Filled with pain, angst, hate and love. The trigger warnings are there for a reason, this book goes to some dark places, including non consensual sexual abuse, emotional and physical abuse.

I was drawn in by Reli’s brokenness and stayed for the whole story waiting for her to break free and realize how truly strong she really is, and she did! I loved the relationship between Reli and John. I am a fan of Age Gap romances and
Amy Mccann
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Saving Reli was such a bitter-sweet book, bitter in the abuse that surrounded Yoreli and sweet that she funds her saviour in John who is a blast from the past.

Loved very much by her father who sadly passed away and was supposed to have a secure guardianship with her step-mother and her step-sisters it sadly didn't work out that way she was a slave in many ways for them in a more sinister Cinderella style fairytale.

Broken, battered, used and abused Yoreli can't seem to find an escape until John r
2OCC Reviews
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: jessica
This is my first book by this author and I loved the idea of it. The cinderella retelling was good. We got the evilness and then the Prince Charming. My heart broke for Reil and everything she went through. She was so strong though. John was so sweet. I loved that right from the start it was Reil for him. He helped her in so many ways and I’m glad they got their happy ending.

I did struggle with this book. It seemed a little too fast paced for the type of themes that it had. I didn’t feel the em
Becca
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novella but be warned it is a really messed up retelling of Cinderella. The blurb gives the warning and its nothing that I couldn’t handle and not at the hands of John (the hero and savior) but its really messed up in a sick way if you fixate on that.
I liked the characters and don’t know if the brothers will get books but I would be interested to read those if they do. I couldn’t take it too seriously even though it got very serious at times which could be due to the length or th
Rhonda Broman
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy for an honest and voluntary review

This was an extremely well written raw read by Brooke Summers!! It’s very dark and romantic at the same time ♥️🖤 I couldn’t put this book down!! ****Trigger Warning, so proceed with caution**** This story will break your heart, but there is a silver lining named, John ♥️ Your heart really goes out to Reli and what she suffers, in this story!! She is such a strong, fantastic and likable character. She finds salvation in the han
Kellane Ayanna Mitchener
Saved truly!!!

As soon as this book was available I downloaded through Kindle unlimited and though its been out since October 30 I didn't download it until November4th and just finished it earlier today on 11/18 due to real life intruding on my reading. I loved this story of Reli living through what she did and still being the kind of person she is. Then you add in John what a great H is was. They made sense together.
Hearts And Tea Cups
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
Well that was a seriously twisted retailing of Cinderella... The trigger warnings should not be taken lightly.

The book was great, the story sucks you in, the romance was kinda instalove but with a slow burn when it comes to sex.
Lori Hammons
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an intense and suspensful modern twist on a classic fairytale. I could feel Reli burrowing in, and then clawing her way out of her shell. John is the perfect prince for her. I kind of wondered what happened to Anna and Zella, regardless, I did thoroughly enjoy this book.
Paula Hunter
Selena Michaels
Nov 23, 2020

• Stroke of Midnight
  • Daddy's Angel
  • The Italian Obsession (The Italians #3)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • This Love Hurts
  • Ruin: The Reprise (Black Hearts Still Beat, #4)
  • Hypothetically
  • Detonation (Darkness Rising, #2)
  • Mafia Princess (Valenti Family Ties 1)
  • Bound Together (Torn and Bound Duet, #2)
  • Shallow River
  • Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
  • Lost Boy
  • Doc (Ruthless Kings MC, #7)
  • Devious
  • Harbinger of Death
  • A Bridge Between Us
  • Van Helsing Rising (Immortal Hunters MC #1)

News & Interviews