Start by marking “Fighter's Heart (Crown MMA Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fighter's Heart (Crown MMA Romance, #1)

Fighter's Heart

(Crown MMA Romance #1)

Lena
I never meant to become the go-to P.R. girl for the biggest jerks in professional sports.
Unfortunately, I built a reputation for turning douchebags into superstars, and now I’m stuck.
When I’m assigned to work with a guy accused of hitting his girlfriend, enough is enough.
I know all about men like Jase ‘The Wrangler’ Rawlins, and I have the emotional scars to prove it.
M
Published December 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Fighter's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighter's Heart

Start your review of Fighter's Heart (Crown MMA Romance, #1)
Donna
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great debut

This was a fantastic read by new author A Rivers. Jase was such a sweetheart and I loved him instantly. First impressions were bot great, but as their friendship evolved so did the sexual tension and sparks flew! Loved this couple. A great MMA series. Will definitely be reading more when released.
Tanja OMGReads
OK 2020 we've done it again... Another new 2me author and I'm an instant fan.

I'm not sure who I liked more; Jase or Lena. The chemistry was undeniable and I loved the way their whole relationship played out.
I absolutely loved the whole MMA theme and Lena being the one who was saving the day. As this is the first book in the series I can not wait for the next book to come out because I'm invested to see how will the next couple find their HEA. Please don't make me wait to long 😁

***Review copy
Jos
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really like it a lot!!! Would have like a bit more substance as everything happened too fast. I am not one to ever say this but there was a few spelling errors and honestly I don’t usually ever mention in a review but a few misspelled words that shouldn’t have been was a little turn off, a good writer will go along way with good editing for sure and it makes it more professional too!
Definitely planning to read Gabe’s story for sure!!!
Sara
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He just looks like a Bad Boy - Jase is swoon worthy

I preordered this book months ago and forgot about it until it appeared on my kindle. MMA fighters and bad boys are a weakness of mine. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Jase and Lena’s story.

Jase isn’t just an alpha, badass fighter - he is an amazing man and overcame a childhood being shuttled from foster home to foster home. He found MMA fighting through one of his foster fathers and it gave him an outlet and a chance to make something of himself
Jackie Wright
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Fighter’s Heart ( Crown MMA Romance #1)
What a great start to this series, if you are looking for a fast paced romance look no further than Fighter’s Heart. This is Lena LaFontaine and Jace ‘ the wrangler’ Rawlin’s story and what a wonderful tale they have to tell.
Jace is a MMA fighter and he is living up to his bad boy reputation and that’s where Lena steps in, as a PR agent for professional sports superstars, her job is clearing up the mess bad boys get themselves into. She doesn’
Yasmin Gallo
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I always thought love was a distraction, but it turns out it’s the most powerful motivator of all.”

Lena is a P.R and she works for the worst men in the sports world, but she has a reputation of making these men look good in the public eyes, and that`s why Jason`s agent goes looking after her, when Jason`s ex-girfriend accuses him of hitting on her.

This book was such a nice surprise. When I received the ARC from the author, I was a little bit afraid, because I think we have to be really careful
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Lena LaFontaine‘s boss wants her to work her magic PR that cleans up bad-boy reputations on Jase who has been accused of beating up on a woman. Before she even meets Jase, she is angry and believes he is guilty, along with being arrogant and cocky like most of them are.

Jase Rawlins has the reputation of the bad-boy of the MMA world already and Lena has to clean up that perception. He already can feel that she wants to hate him. But he is truly not guilty of the accusation made against him. Will
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jase is an MMA fighter who is being accused of hitting his girlfriend so he really needs help with his image to fight this. This is where Lena comes in, she's in PR so Jase is her new assignment which is something she doesn't want to do as she has some serious emotional scars from her past. Lena is smart, sexy, and an all around great woman, who doesn't just fall for Jase, but actually investigates the claim which was very awesome since I'm over heroines who just fall for heroes from the jump. T ...more
Sherlock Hughes
This was my first time reading this author but it definitely won't be my last!! I knew I took a gamble with this book since I don't normally read MMA Romances but now I'm obsessed and craving all the MMA romances! I will say what won me over on this story was how the authored handled Jase's allegations from his girlfriend, this story could have gone sideways so fast but instead it was well written.

The chemistry between our leads felt natural and I loved how sassy Lena was, she was a perfect part
Evy Schiettecatte
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was my first book by A. Rivers and I’m so thrilled to know this is the start of a new series, yeaaaaaah!
It is a great read, you’re drawn into the story from the beginning. Jase is a MMA fighter who has been wrongfully accused of beating his ex. Lena is a PR lady who helps him built a good reputation again. They both have strong characters and they clash immediately. Once they get to know each other and work together, there is that undeniable attraction between them.
I don’t
Lynn Brooks
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could NOT put this book down! With FIGHTER'S HEART, the first book in her Crown MMA series A. Rivers delighted this sports romance fan with an intriguing plot, captivating characters and just the right amount of lust to set the pages on fire. I will definitely be waiting for the next book in this series!

Lena LaFontaine is a spitfire and quite the character. She's strong and empowered and uses the lessons she's learned to propel her into going after her dreams.

Jase Rawlins is pure gold. He's ki
Lucid Quill
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Right off the bat I was in love with Jase Rawlins, add Lena to the mix and I was a goner. The entire cast of characters really. Gabe, Seth and Devon were equally intriguing and and I can't wait to see how much of them we'll get! Even in the small glimpse of this ragtag family we got I was sucked in fully. I started the book and didn't stop.

I was rooting for these two beginning to end and it was so refreshing to see how the story progressed. There were ugly bits but it didn't sink into my stomach
mum.reader.dreamer.4life
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Fighter's Heart is a MMA Romance story that will grab your heart, steal your undivided attention, and have you rooting for these two characters from the very beginning.
The cocky, sexy, and oh so sweet Jase Rawlins is a professional fighter who has found himself caught up in a situation that requires a PR rep to save his reputation. Enter the beautiful, caring, and oh so sassy Lena who initially wa
Trish
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful debut to this series. Fighter’s Heart is the first book in the Crown MMA Romance Series by A. Rivers. This story had depth and heat and I’m giving it a strong 4.5 stars. And that cover is smoking hot.
Lena works for a P.R. company in Las Vegas and she is the go-to girl to clean up the bad boys in sports. A fierce, determined red head woman, she knows what she wants.
Jase Rawlins is an MMA fighter who’s been wrongfully accused of being a woman beater. Jase keeps his fists to hims
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new series and is Jace / The Wrangler and Lena’s story. Lena is a sassy, fierce and determined PR agent who is hired to clean up the image for Jace when he is falsely accused of hitting a woman. Jace is cocky, arrogant, bossy, and infuriating, and he lives up to his bad boy façade, but the chemistry between them is explosive. This is a well written tale which this talented author has done an outstanding job in weaving, and I was totally captivated throughout this riveting ...more
Jacqueline
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never judge a book by its cover is the theme of this adversary (not quite enemies) to lovers romance. Jase is a tough as nails MMA fighter dealing with a crazy ex dragging him through the tabloids and Lena is the PR person tasked with cleaning up this bad boys image. They judge each other upon meeting based on first impressions but due to circumstances they are forced to get to know each other and figure out that the other is not what they seem. Good character development, plenty of action, some ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Awesome start to the series!! This is a new author to me and it’s her debut novel. I definitely will be reading more from her! The characters were well developed and the storyline is intriguing. This is a fast paced well developed story of Jase and Lena’s romance. Lena‘s perception of Jase is not a good one, when she first meets him he is cocky and arrogant but she has to work with him because she’s with a sports PR firm. Jase is the bad boy of the MMA world and he needs his image overhauled. C ...more
Shelves: favorites, arcs, boxing
New fav. Lena & Jase are perfect together and I love their banter especially in the taxi. Jase is fight Karson for the belt but Karson is Lena ex who hit once, she left him after that. To make him ugly so he wouldn't get laid again. Jase was very excited to fight her ex after what he learnt what he did to his girl.

I wont tell you who won the match...

The bound with these two is funny and very hot. Jase knows how to push Lena buttons but she not afraid to stand her ground. I would love if these t
Helena Mendes
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story has great characters that make you fall in love with them right from the start. The main characters Lena and Jase are two fighting hearts, they are fighting what they are feeling for each other. This story is very well written and was a very good surprise since this is the first book I have read from A. Rivers and I loved it.

Maja
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read from this author. I loved the first person point of view of the story, which is always a deal breaker for me. I loved Lena, she was an amazing character and I liked her pep talks with herself about her boss.
A really good story, I read it in one sitting and I will read more from this author in the future.

Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story proves that there are good people as well as bad people, age, sex, nationality, rich, poor, famous, or even what type of job they have. You should never judge someone, every single person is their own person they make all their own decisions.

Lauren
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book by this new author I gotta say she knocked her debut out of the park. I loved both Lena and Jase... she definitely didn't take no crap from him and put him in his place. Her boss making her work with him was a douche move but I gotta say she was just what he needed to make him realize the seriousness of the issue. When she bails him out and he pushes her away I was shocked but honestly saw it coming good thing his buddy knows what he really needs. Really good ending ch ...more
J. Ockenhouse
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lena might have started by complaining about her assignment but life has a funny way of giving you what you need when you don't expect it.

Jase is a public relations nightmare on paper but once you get past the MMA status and his bleak outlook on love, he's the kind of guy who is going to win over a lot of book lovers hearts.

These two take the cake of how love and annoyance walk a fine line. Each have no idea their thoughts of the other isn't even close and that each needs the other for more than
Megb
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reads
Lena LaFontaine and Jase Rawlins are so sweet and just made me smile. I loved every bit of this book and the heat is great.

I love the connection between Lena and Jase and the ease of which their relationship evolved.
whatjtreads
4.5/5
I reallyyyy enjoyed Fighter's Heart by A. Rivers. It's the first in an MMA fighter series, and it totally got me interested in the scene and invested in the characters that are coming next in the series. Jase Rawlins is in need of a public image consultant after his ex girlfriend accused him of hitting her. Lena had enough of the bad boys of MMA, but takes on Jase's case with the hopes that she will get to choose her own clients later and truly work helping people in need, especially women
~lil maso~
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic start to this series. This was a fast-paced romance. From the first meeting to the last word that passes between Jase and Lena you knew that they were destined for great things. This book is a great fighter romance. It's one of my favorite troupes and I definitely wasn't disappointed. It contains the fighting, training, and of course the relationship.

Stefanie Kral
✯✯Jase & Lena Filled Stars!!!✯✯

Wow what a start to what’s going to be a great series!! I’ve never read or heard of this author before. But after I read the blurb I knew I had to read this and I’m glad I decided to give it a shot.

Lena LaFontaine is to go-to P.R. girl for the biggest jerks in professional sports. She can make the worst of the worst look like an absolutely saint.

When Lena’s boss comes to her with her next client Lena has had it. The last person she wants to represent and make
The Smutbrarians
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feels 0
Steam 2
Storyline 4
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Ladyballs

Jase "The Wrangler" Rawlins is a hot, cocky MMA fighter who is at the top of his game and has no shortage of women ready to jump in bed with him for a few rounds. He finds himself in hot water, however, when an ex accuses him of domestic abuse. This accusation comes right before one of the biggest fights of his life and he needs this to go away and fast.

Enter Lena. She's a top hotshot publicist who is kn
Kathy Wideman
This is the first book I have read by A. Rivers and I really enjoyed it. Lena has become the go to for bad boys for need PR. Jase is being accused of something he doesn’t do. If Lena doesn’t help him, he could wind up in jail for something he didn’t do. First impressions between them aren’t great. Jase isn’t willing to open up so that Lena can help him. They must find a way to work together. Once they do, they find they want more. There is an attraction between them that is hard to fight. Jase’s ...more
Donna
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic start to this series. This was a fast paced romance. From the first meeting to last word that passes between Jase and Lena you knew that they were destined for great things. This book is a great fighter romance. Its one of my favourite troupes and I definitely wasn't disappointed. It contains the fighting, training and of course the relationship.

The relationship that ensues is just a joy to read. It was quick to start and developed even quicker. Although it went against everythi
Goodreads Librari...: Separating books for a new pen name 3 20 May 13, 2020 12:42PM

• Playing for Keeps (#UofJ, #3)
  • Crimson Covenant: An Opposites Attract Vampire Romance (Onyx Assassins Book 1)
  • Knives (Ruthless Kings MC, #9)
  • Second Chances (Love on Set #1)
  • Mr. Heartbreaker (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Only One Touch (Only One #4)
  • Rebellious and Reckless (Campus Hotshots, #1)
  • Bloody Union (Made, #1)
  • Tattooed Troublemaker
  • Mafia Prince (Young Irish Rebels #1)
  • This Much is True
  • Beautiful Lies (Breaking Belles, #2)
  • Lunatic (Ruthless Asylum, #1)
  • Our Star-Crossed Kiss (The Rooftop Crew, #4)
  • With This Ring
  • My One and Only (Very Irresistible Bachelors, #5)
  • Sterling (Carolina Reapers, #6)
  • Villain of Secrets (Verona Legacy, #3)
A. Rivers writes romance with strong heroes and heroines who kick butt and take names. She loves MMA fighters, cops, military men, bodyguards, and the protective guy next door who isn’t afraid to fight the odds for love.

Crown MMA Romance (2 books)
  • Fighter's Best Friend (Crown MMA Romance, #2)

News & Interviews