Start by marking “Truth or Dare” as Want to Read:
Truth or Dare

Truth or Dare

With all nine of my best friends reunited for a destination wedding, I was not surprised someone suggested we play Truth or Dare. The secret exposing truths and the harmlessly fun dares bonded our close-knit friend group in college and kept us close throughout the years. So, when Kingston Wright was dared to kiss me, I didn’t think anything of it. Harmless kisses were alwa ...more
Published August 27th 2020 by Danielle Allen (first published August 21st 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Truth or Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth or Dare

Start your review of Truth or Dare
Christy
4 stars

Well hello Danielle Allen! This was my first book by this author and I loved it! It was a bit on the short side, but the perfect steamy friends to lovers book.

Eight best friends from college are together for two of their best friends wedding. They’re all in their thirties now and in different places in life, but they’ve kept their bond and friendship intact. It all started with a game of Truth and Dare and a scorching kiss between Kingston and Simone.

Simone and Kingston have always been
Jessica
This was SO FREAKING CUTE and now I need to pick up everything Danielle Allen writes. I loved how we got a quick flashback to college when the group of friends played truth or dare and flashed forward to 10 years later when two people in the group are getting married and they're all together again. And play truth or dare. Simone has an unexpected spark with someone in the group that is ignited even more thanks to a drunken night of truth or dare before the wedding. I looooved Kingston and Simone ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ

I dare you to read this book and try to put it down.
I've read this one pretty much in one sitting, instantly pulled within by the main characters and the easy banter they had going on. Next up went the chemistry and I was literally glued to my kindle the whole time. Truth or Dare was equally fun and sexy. Nevermind that, it was freaking HOT.

Friends to lovers reunited at a destination wedding, playing their own version of truth or dare unbeknownst to the rest of the group. The secret trysts
Mira☁️
Jul 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was so good. I love me a good friend to lover’s and this was perfect♥️.

I loved the friend group dynamic and how each of them care about the other their relationship was beautiful.

I read the whole thing in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down, and I loved everything about this book It was quick and fast-paced. I’m so excited to read more from this author ♥️
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
This was a really fun friends to lovers romance. I loved the friend group and wouldn’t mind if we got more books about them!
Warda
The problem with novellas are that you always want them to be longer once you’re done with them. But, only if you enjoyed them, obviously.

This was a lot of fun! The steamy scenes were so intense and so good! The friendship group stood out as much as the romance and I was so on board with the relationship that developed.

I’m now in need of more Danielle Allen.
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Danielle Allen Fans, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
4.5 Exactly As Good As Advertised Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-A Quick Review
I bow down to Ms. Allen. She is a Goddess, wrote a fun, extremely sexy book and I enjoyed it from start to finish. My friends told me to read it, as I am a Dirty Talker lover. This hit all the right tones with a group of friends from college who stayed friends over the years.

The reason for these friends to come together was the wedding of friends who became a couple from this group. One of the games they usually do when
Morgan- Nothing Better Than a Book
This was such a cute friends to lovers romance!! Simone and her group of friends have been friends since college. They are all coming back together for Chloe and Dominick’s wedding weekend. We see a flashback from ten years ago in college when they played truth or dare. Then in the present, they decide to play truth or dare again for old times sake.

Simone and Kingston get dared to kiss and then dance, and things get very heated between them. Their friend group has always had rules that no fling
mina reads™️
Hot! But lacking in some areas for me, sadly.

More thoughts here: https://youtu.be/F7q1gzeY0DI
Adriana Locke
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm blushing while writing this review because this book—because KINGSTON—is FAN YOUR FACE HOT.

*gulps*

I want to talk about how Allen is an expert at writing banter. It seems like it would be a good idea to tell you how I felt like a member of this group of friends. I should probably go out of my way to describe how I felt like I was at the freaking wedding and a witness to this whole storyline playing out but ...

KINGSTON IS HOT. I keep going back to that. ;)

Can I just make him real and keep hi
Malene
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Danielle Allen is a new to me author and with Truth or Dare she’s gained a fan. I enjoyed this story so much. Around 170 some pages and I read it in one sitting. I had so much fun with Simone, Kingston and Latisha to name a few.
The truth or dare aspect was incorporated into the story flawlessly. Simone and Kingston now in their thirties had so much chemistry. Phew..... SMOKIN! And the dirty talk from both of them. Yes, please.
It’s a quick read but it hit all the right buttons for me. The perfe
nick (the infinite limits of love)

I read my first Danielle Allen book, Work Song, for the very first post of this feature, so I had full intentions of also picking up Truth or Dare. Also, look at the abs on this cover hunk ... 👀 What gave me the push was Sharonda's TikTok and bless her, because Truth or Dare was exactly the steamy read I needed in my life.

Danielle Allen writes fun books that transport you for the few hours that you get to spend with them. In Truth or Dare, nine friends head to a destination wedding and wind up p
Robin
Apr 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, novella
This was SO GOOD!!! This was my first Danielle Allen book and it definitely won't be my last. I really loved how this was laid out - you get little flashbacks to the friends in college and I loved getting this glimpses into their history. I also loved the friend group. They were absolutely ride or die and it's something I always love seeing in books. But the romance stole the show. While I wish we had gotten to see more of their emotional relationship develop, the physical chemistry between thes ...more
Diana
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
goodreads-pic

*read on KU. No need of sugar daddies called promo teams*

My first Danielle Allen book! What a hottie vacation/wedding LOL! Short story, fun, steamy! What else can you ask for?????

Instagram
Facebook
My Blog
Goodreads
Bookbub
Amazon
WhittyReads
Okay so 2020 is the year I discovered I like friends to lover romances! I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about Danielle Allen so I’m glad I finally got to read something by her. This was so fantastic and I cannot wait to read more of her books!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Richelle Robinson
“Kingston Wright has been walking around with all that d*ck this whole time?”

I wasn’t ready!!! 😩

This book right here!!

I had to fan myself while reading. I knew it was going to be hot, but holy smokes it was off the charts hot and combustible. The chemistry between Kingston and Simone was very intense and I felt all the emotions while reading.

Even though this book was on the shorter side it didn’t lack the character development, the connection between the couple wasn’t forced and the story didn’t
Chanel
Jan 19, 2021 rated it liked it
I debated how I was going to rate this but I have to go with a 3. The story started out real strong. A group of friends who were close in college getting together again for a wedding between two of their own. Guaranteed to be lit especially when they bring out their favorite game to play: Truth or Dare. Simone gets dared to kiss Kingston and what was supposed to be a fun kiss turned into a steamy kiss and two friends who thought that they were just best friends start to think maybe they need to ...more
Carla
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read
"Truth or Dare" by Danielle Allen was hot, hot, hot! I love a good friends to lovers story and this one definitely hit the mark. The characters were all very well developed. I loved the tight knit bond that that these longtime college friends had. It was so relatable. I've always loved the idea of a destination wedding so that was very enjoyable to read about.

There was just the right amount of drama sprinkled into this story and I loved the truth or dare elements. The cover definitely does the
Maha
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
smoking hot!!

this book was smoking hot and amazingly sexy!! i couldn't stop reading once i started. can't wait to read more of this author's works!
Dahyana
Oct 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Simone Ɛ Kingston

Truth Or Dare was soo sweet, so cute. These friends were everything. The laughter, the banter, the secrets. It was all so good. I loved each of these characters. Truth Or Dare was so well written. I loved that it was a feel good story about celebration and friendship. These girls go hard for one another. Then there's Kingston and Simone 😍🥰😍
And those sex scenes, especially the first one!?! With all that teasing....Speechless. Ms. Allen did an amazing job with this story, but she
babygyalreadit
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL THIS WAS SO GOOD?!?!? I had this on my TBR since January bro and I randomly decided to read it last night and damnit I’m in love!

Finding black authors is one of the best feelings ever. Reading their work and reading about people who look like me, talk like me and go through the same troubles as me is better than I can describe.

Getting to know this group or friends felt way too real, like I could be apart of their friend group in real life and they felt like family. God it was soo good
Debby*BabyDee
Danielle Allen is a new author to this reader and I had the opportunity to read her Truth or Dare novel compliments of KU. The story started out with college friends traveling to a destination wedding on one of the coupled friends. The friends over the years of meeting always played the game of truth or dare and this meet up was no different. Unfortunately, there is chemistry sparking between two of the friends who try their best to keep it under wraps so as to not hurt the bride who is bent on ...more
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Truth or Dare was a pretty quick and steamy read! I really enjoyed the premise and most of the execution, but I did wish this was a bit longer so we could see how the relationship between Simone and Kingston developed. I did have issues with the set up situation and the drama that came from that--I don't enjoy conflict that comes from people disregarding someone else's boundaries and/or making assumptions about others. ...more
☽ mira
3.5⭐️

"I dare you to let me show you how it’s different with you.”

its really a 4 star read but i can't believe that simone accepted the apology that fast. the friends are way too fucking dramatic for my liking.

but i did like this whole plot. even though it was cheesy at times.
Ari
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's been a hot minute since I read a book by Danielle Allen and after finishing Truth or Dare, I am yet again reminded of how very single I truly am.

description

If you're in the mood for a book that will have you both laughing out loud and blushing as red as a tomato, then Truth or Dare is the perfect read for you!
Annette Williams
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Is it possible to get pregnant after reading a book?!!! If it is, I need to file for child support neowwwww because Kingston is definitely the father! Lawd, Truth or Dare was hot! Simone and Kingston, along with their other college friends, meet up for a four day weekend of wedding festivities. While on a yacht, the group begins to play Truth or Dare which, is something they’ve done since college. Kingston, who apparently has transformed himself while living in Atlanta, is dared to kiss Simone f ...more
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Holy smokes but TRUTH OR DARE was one hot and sexy read! This was my first book by Danielle Allen but I'll definitely be checking out her other books. I read this in one sitting and I absolutely loved Simone and Kingston. They were fun, so flirty, and super sexy and their years of friendship was a great foundation for more. While they've lived in separate cities since graduating from college they (and their other friends) have all kept in touch and remained close. A fun getaway for Chloe and Dom ...more
Ghizlan
Aug 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Friends to lovers? Collage friends reunited after years in an exotic island for a wedding? Playing truth or dare? Yes yes and yes…
The chemistry was soo on point between the couple, the friendship was heart warming and cute. Loved the conversations between the friend group that was just so bubbly and funny.
Great love story and great ending with a little drama between the friends .
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.25 Stars

Wow! That was one HOT book! It was a short cute story of college friends grown up and a kiss done on a dare sparking emotions from two good friends. Simone and Kingston were such an awesome couple and their time between the sheets was smoking!

• Love Unexpected
  • Destructive (Haven Cove, #4)
  • Edible Arrangements
  • Hopelessly Devoted
  • Charmed
  • Maybe This Time (Vegas Nights, #2)
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • Stepbrother With Benefits (The Masons #2)
  • Strumming My Pain
  • Loving The Realest Of Them All 2
  • fast
  • Kiss The Throne 2
  • Heal My Heart
  • Release Some Tension
  • Maybe Next Time (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • Held Captive by a Criminal's Heart
  • #catfished
  • Uncovered Truths: A Novella
Diversity in Romance Advocate.
Life Coach.

XOXO

Articles featuring this book

Talia Hibbert is a USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. A lifelong bookworm, she’s known for haunting the local library,...