Start by marking “Late for Love (The Way Over the Hill Gang Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Late for Love (The Way Over the Hill Gang Book 5)

Late for Love

(The Way Over the Hill Gang #5)

Kindle Edition
Published December 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Late for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Late for Love

Start your review of Late for Love (The Way Over the Hill Gang Book 5)
Lisabet Sarai
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
When police detectives Marcy and Lance show up once again at the Greener Pastures Retirement Home, Jake and his fellow senior sleuths are more than eager to take on a new case. After all, aside from lasagna night and a cut-throat croquet tournament, there’s not much excitement at Greener Pastures. An investigative journalist has gone missing, with a pet parrot and a headless, water-logged, supposedly unidentifiable corpse the only clues. The police don’t have the resources to follow up the flims ...more
John Presler
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lance and Marcy have a new Cold Case for the Senior Sleuths. An investigative reporter, Lyre McCovey, is missing and presumed dead. Among the few clues in the case was a headless corpse that was not actually identified, but presumed to be Lyre. Following Lyre's disappearance, her sister agreed to take her pet parrot. Lyre was known for investigating high-level corruption and there was a rumor of a possible mob connection in her disappearance.

Many of the sleuths seem to be interested in, Hannah,
Merry Chapman
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book five in one of the funniest cozy mystery series you can find! While trying to untangle all the clues, red herrings and dead ends with the Way over the Hill Gang, a group of seniors who banded together and call themselves the Senior Sleuths! Marcy has finally recouperated and went back to work at the police station but is still friends with the senior sleuth group. When she and Lance come to the seniors with a cold case, they of course jump at the chance to solve it. It seems a young female ...more
Sharon
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jake is feeling sorry for himself. All the Senior Sleuths have paired up except for him. He is the only solo person in the group.
Marcy has left the retirement home and is back to work. She and Lance have come to visit the group and offer them an opportunity to try to solve a cold case on their own. They jump at the chance. Oh, there is a new person sitting with the group. Her name is Hannah and she is considering moving there. She's there to check out the home and meet some of the people. Jake
Carolyn Vandine West
Greener Pastures, a local retirement community has an undercover cold case group in their midst. They are preparing for a croquet match when a new case arrives fr them to crack. A new resident may be arriving as well, but Jae is not sure she is telling the truth about her background.
The book is well written and fast moving I only noticed 2 small grammar errors.
I loved following the antics of this senior crime solving group. First one I’ve read in the series it won’t be the last.

I received an
Terri
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Senior Sleuths at Greener Pastures are at it again looking into a cold case. This one involves a journalist who was presumed to have been killed. The investigation was apparently swept under the rug and was never definitely solved. The Sleuths are determined to find out what really happened and start looking into the case. Jake takes the lead since the other Sleuths are involved with other things, especially the love they have discovered at Greener Pastures. During this investigation has Jak ...more
JACKIE
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Senior Sleuths at Greener Pastures return with a new cold case to solve and possibly a new member. Jake is the only unattached male left in the group and when the other members decide to play a trick on him with Hannah, a possible new female resident, he feels more isolated than ever. Thankfully, a distraction arrives with a new cold case and Jake takes the lead. An investigative journalist is presumed dead, but there is reason to question that assumption. A talking parrot might have a clue ...more
Bernadette Cinkoske
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Late For Love. These senior sleuths are better than ever. The gang has a new case and a possible new sleuth. Hannah is an awesome addition to the sleuthing group. I am not about to recap the story or give any spoilers. I will say that as usual, there are many theories, suspects and motives. The story grabbed me at the beginning and did not let me accomplish anything else until I reached the end. This is a very entertaining mystery.
Joyce
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always fun reading about the five senior sleuths who work together to solve cold cases. Marcy and Lance, on the sly, bring cold case folders for this group of seniors to pick a case they want to work on. This one is about a disappearance, presumed dead investigative journalist. Can they solve this case when no one else could. Hopefully with the help of a Parrot and Hannah, who is planning to become the newest member to the retirement home, and the rest of the group it can be solved.
David Berg
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great senior sleuth book, I think this was the best one yet. Can't wait for the next one. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it.
Kathy
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy the books in this series and this one is no exception. All the members of the Senior Sleuths have paired up, except for Jake. Then a new lady (Hannah) makes an appearance at the centre. Jake is unsure if the tales she is spinning are true or not, so he tries to find out. In the meantime, the police detectives (Marcy and Lance) have given the group another cold case to look into. In spite of there being almost nothing to go on, the sleuths dig into the case with their normal gusto. ...more
Sandy
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A journalist is missing and the case has gone cold. Can the senior sleuths find out what happened to her? This series is just delightful! This fast paced cozy is filled with lively senior characters and the book is well written. I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next one. I received this book free and chose to make a voluntary, unbiased review.
Dwayne Keller
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun, clean, cozy mystery. The Way Over The Hill Gang are at it again. Another cold case has come there way. Along with the cold case, a new person might be joining the home. Is she going to join the gang or is there something suspicious about her? Read this fun mystery to solve both the cold case and the new person.
Barbara Hackel
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jake is starting to feel like a fifth wheel around his friends in the retirement home. Fortunately two things happen to help him move on. One is a widow named Hannah who is considering moving to the facility, and the other is a new cold case that Marcy and Lance have shared with the Silver Sleuths. (It sure isn't the croquet match that Eunice is bullying friends into playing!)

This delightful story unfolds as Jake sorts out fibs and truths, makes a new friend, tries new things, and learns a lot.
Kathy
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is not the first book I have read by M K Scott. I loved this one as much as the others in this series. Funny, clean, easy to read, and well-written. A nice combination.
These aren’t heavy deep books. They are light and fun cozies. The characters fit right in and boy are they neat. You can find me laughing out loud when I’m reading about each of their own unique personality traits. Sort of like real life. Having read more than one I can tell you these books can easily be read as stand-alones.
Mary
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So fun!
Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2020
Verified Purchase
The Senior Sleuths are at it again! Wonderful characters inhabit a story full of twists, turns, and red herrings! I recommend this to anyone and everyone looking for an escape read that is sure to please! I received an ARC and this is my honest opinion.
Susan
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Senior Sleuths are at it again. A missing witness cold case with possible mob connections and a headless body no one recognizes. And there is a new woman checking out the place to see if it would be a good fit for her. I found this book a bit of a slow starter, but it has an enjoyable finish.
Ellen White
Jake didn’t have a love interest and those he knew were couples. He was glad when Marcy and Lance brought a cold case for them to work on, would give him a mission to do. Lyre a journalist working on a high level corruption story with ties to the mob still missing. A sister took the parrot, maybe he knew the killer was. A good plot with a lot of humor with these senior sleuths
stephanie huntington
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining and engaging, looking forward to more
Ann
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant ❣️ as ever ❣️ As a septuagenarian, the ONLY way I would ever even consider living in a Seniors Home would be if I was a member of a Golden Sleuths gang 😏
Timothy P. Hench
Dec 27, 2020
Pam Toms
Jan 01, 2021
Christine O'Donnell
Dec 18, 2020
M.K.
Oct 23, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Bobbi
Michele Soyer
Cathy French
Kelly
Dec 14, 2020

• The Case of the Forsaken Child (Inspector David Graham Mysteries Book 7)
  • Dropping Like Pies (Apple Orchard Cozy Mystery Book 11)
  • Born in a Barn (Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries Book 4)
  • A Ghost of a Chance (Ghost Detective #4)
  • The Smoking Bun
  • Dittany and a Death: Mystery (The Witches of Wormwood Mysteries Book 6)
  • Illusive Storm
  • Dotty Defends a Detective (Dotty Drinkwater Mystery series Book 6)
  • Urchin Dishes and Deadly Wishes
  • Vampire's Ire: An Eastwind Witches Cozy Mystery (True & Bloom #3)
  • Live No Lies (Lawson & Abernathy #2)
  • Give No Chance (Lawson & Abernathy #1)
  • An Aero Island Christmas Mystery: A Danish Cozy Mystery (The Homeswappers Book 3)
  • Ropes, Riddles, & Robberies
  • Sorry Can't Save You
  • Revealed (Shadow Reapers, #3)
  • Lies and Pumpkin Pies (Mitzy Moon Mysteries #10)
  • For Better or Curse (Paranormal Party Planner #1)
M. K. Scott is the husband and wife writing team behind The Painted Lady Inn Mysteries, The Talking Dog Detective Agency, which is set In Indianapolis, and The Way Over the Hill Gang series.

Morgan K Wyatt is the general wordsmith, while her husband, Scott, is the grammar hammer and physics specialist. He uses his engineering skills to explain how fast a body falls when pushed over a cliff and va

The Way Over the Hill Gang (5 books)
  • Late for Dinner (Senior Sleuths, #1)
  • Late for Bingo (The Way Over The Hill Gang Book 2)
  • Late For Shuffleboard (The Way Over the Hill Gang Book 3)
  • Late for Square Dancing: Senior Sleuths Cozy Mystery (The Way Over The Hill Gang Book 4)

News & Interviews