Start by marking “Familiar” as Want to Read:
Familiar

Familiar

For as long as she can remember, Arabella has communicated with those who exist only in memory.

Being the centre of attention growing up was uncomfortable, and now, as a renowned psychic medium, it is becoming more of a struggle. Arabella’s ability and reputation always made it impossible to hold onto lasting relationships, but with those who no longer walk this earth, that
Published August 18th 2020 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Familiar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Familiar

Start your review of Familiar
Karen
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book introduces you to Arabella who communicates with ghosts.

With "Familiar", T. J. Blake has created a page-turner, the story of a woman who is rarely lonely - yet pretty alone. A friend's cryptic message triggers her curiosity and she finds herself at Detective Barnes' centre of attention. It is a very captivating read, keeping you glued to Arabella's story. Arabella is believable, complex, and mysterious; the other characters are of sufficient depth for their respective impact. T. J. Bla
Jules
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Author T.J. Blake's latest novel, Familiar, is a paranormal thriller featuring a sincere, authentic medium who becomes embroiled in a murder mystery. Forget Ghost Hunters, in Familiar, the ghosts come looking for you.

Arabella has a unique gift that she uses to help lost souls find peace and distraught survivors find comfort. While that sounds nice, every encounter gave me chills. I definitely wouldn't remain sane if I was burdened with Arabella's ability to see and speak with the dead!

The story
Karen Andrew
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Arabella is a psychic medium. She doesn't get a minutes peace.

She is the host of the spiritual tour 'Familiar' where she connects with loved ones who have passed.

The house she lives in has a horrific history which comes to light when the previous owner shows himself.

On her fifteen year anniversary show she is alerted to something awful but can she work out the clues in time to save the victims and how can she get people to believe when they are not open to paranormal activity.

I felt every emoti
Rajiv
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing

[Blog]::[Youtube]::[Twitter]::[Instagram]::[Pinterest]::[Bloglovin]

I always love reading a good ghost story filled with suspense, crime and horror, and this book did not disappoint.

The author made the story so atmospheric and creepy. You know that feeling you get after reading a really good spooky story? Where you feel there is some presence in the room just in the corner of your eye? The after-effects of the tale messing with your mind? Familiar did that for me!

Moreover, I loved Arabel
Niamh Burnett (Mrsbookburney)
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Tour

Familiar by T.J. Blake @tjblake93 @freshly_press @lovebookstours #Familiar

This has been my first book tour with @lovebookstours and I have been so excited to be a part of this and read this book.
________________

For the living, it's closure. For the departed, it's the last chance to expose the truth.

Siobhan - she, her
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"It's happening again, I can't tell them... I can't..."

Woah, what a read this was!

The main character, Arabella can speak to the dead. She's a psychic medium. At one of her shows, a 'friend' presents himself and things begin to unfold. Arabella is wrapped up into an investigation for which she had no part in. Now she must use her ability to prove she's innocent...

Arabella is such an interesting character and I was keen to learn more about her abilities. What impacts do the 'friends' have on her l
Shiny  Jain
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
🌸 Written by T. J. Blake, “Familiar” is a very interesting story that gave me goosebumps multiple times. It starts dramatically with an interrogation for some sort of investigation, led by Detective Barnes. Main character Arabella is the suspect. Then we jump back in time.

🌸 Arabella is a psychic medium who can see and speak to the dead. Not only that, but she has a sixth sense where she can look at someone (who is alive) and see who is attached to them - usually a loved one, sometimes someone wh
Mru Natu
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
T.J.Blake’s writing is so engaging and yet so easy to follow. Although Arabella as a medium is transported into scenes of the past where the primary entity tries to show her how things happened, the scenes' distinction is clearly marked with the mention of the metallic blue and green sheen, every time for the readers. Also, I loved that the author provided a very satisfying ending. Everything concluded logically, and I loved the bit where Arabella spoke to her fans on stage and gave a complete a ...more
Jo Williams
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a perfect book to read in October: Spooky, creepy and believable. Arabella’s world sucked me in from the very start. I enjoyed the way the tension between her gift, her celebrity and the scepticism of the police was built up, and the jumping back in the time line added to this.

There's one particular scene in which a friend makes itself known starting only with it's eyeballs, then it's teeth, which still makes me a bit jumpy if I think of it in the dark in my creepy old attic bedroom. T
April Coleman
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great release from T. J. Blake with this paranormal thriller.

Arabella's unique talent made this book really stand out against others I've read and made for a really intriguing read. I often found myself thinking about the book when I'd put it down hours ago! I didn't see the twist coming either, which is always a bonus so I don't want to reveal too much about the plot.

What I will say, is that I was faced with lots of questions as I was reading, but thankfully they were all tied up nice
Tracy
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A really great read, one that keeps you guessing, asking yourself questions right to the end. All the elements are well developed and sometimes unexpected. The spiritualist side to the storyline makes for an intriguing aspect and a refreshing change to the usual mystery/thriller genre.
T. J. Blake's characters have a habit of staying with you long after you've finished reading, always the mark of a good book.
Celeste Cruz
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.5⭐️
I don’t know how to add the .5 but that is my rating. I enjoyed it. From the first page till the end. The development of the story was interesting and I enjoyed the suspense. It kept you wondering till the end. And it kind of makes sense. I’ll just leave it at that. I’m not a huge fan of mystery and suspense because I don’t like the guessing part but this book is worth the read. If you are into suspense and mystery this is a great read.
Ouija
Dec 27, 2020
Laura Coban
rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2020
SUSAN DENTON
Nov 22, 2020
Angela Dyer
rated it did not like it
Jun 09, 2021

• The Memories We Bury
  • Nine
  • Dalton Highway
  • Meet Me at Fir Tree Lodge
  • Wicked Night (A Warrior's Promise #1)
  • Unusual Night (A Warrior's Promise #2)
  • Unlocking The Lockdown Stories
  • The Devolution of Us
  • The Journey of Unexplored Love: Second Chance of Falling in Love for the First Time...
  • Past, Present, Alternative: Nightfall
  • The Man Who Defeated His Death
  • The Blameless
  • Safecracker
  • The Royal Treatment (Crown Jewels Romance, #1)
  • Summer's End (Summer Solstice #1)
Most known for his psychological thriller, suspense and mystery novels.

By day Blake is a content specialist and business owner. By night, he could be any one of his mysterious characters. He's currently posing as psychic medium, Arabella, from Familiar - available now.

Blake's most successful novel to date, DECEPTION: A Love of Lies hasn't let readers look at passing dog wa

News & Interviews