Start by marking “Barbarian King's Bride (Supernova Escapes)” as Want to Read:
Barbarian King's Bride (Supernova Escapes)

Barbarian King's Bride (Supernova Escapes)

Buy a female. Produce an heir. Send the female back. What could possibly go wrong?

A king needs an heir. That’s what everyone keeps telling King Dagar, anyway. But the ruler of Ramanth isn’t interested in taking a wife—and ruining his chances of someday finding his true mate—just to satisfy that duty.

Hiring an off-planet surrogate should have been an easy solution. No strin
Published August 27th 2020 by Starr Huntress

To ask other readers questions about Barbarian King's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barbarian King's Bride

Start your review of Barbarian King's Bride (Supernova Escapes)
Ivy Deluca
Sep 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Quick(ish) Review

I wanted to like this but the conflict was nonsensical, the worldbuilding was flat and I didn’t really feel any chemistry between the leads at all. Not my fave.
Kristy Mills
(view spoiler) ...more
Olya Dimitrova
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this title as an ARC, which will not influence my review. Beware what you wish for when you go to strange agencies for vacations as our heroine Rose. I liked the mix up of barbarian society with tech and loved the planet they were on and the monster in the book. The only thing that makes me give less stars is the too rushed relationship.

Aug 25, 2020 rated it liked it
The writing and editing of the ARC version of the manuscript was fairly clean, with occasional typos but not enough to really detract from the reading experience. The world building was minimal, which was somewhat disappointing. I did not get a vibrant impression of the hero's home world and culture beyond the fact that the culture was VERY patriarchal. The characterization was okay, with the heroine especially being sympathetic if not complex or nuanced. The development of the romantic relation ...more
Barbara Hanson
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dagar is King of his village and when he is injured fighting the Formor, a shadow beast that landed on his planet long ago, he is pressured about getting an Heir. He wants to wait for his fated mate so he decides to hire a female to produce his Heir and then to leave.
Rose is having a bad day, she loses her job and then is given ten days to pay late rent or leave! But then she wins a vacation, it’s strange they wanted a DNA test to enter, but she eagerly enters the craft and is on her way. She la
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Shelves: finished-reading
This entertaining Sci-fi romance is set sometime in the future where interstellar travel is the accepted mode of travel. The plot is well-written with some devious undertones & unexpected situations, it has detailed descriptive scenes. The characters have well-defined personalities & each of these characters is quite unique in their individuality & display extreme defiance and/or determination.
It is about: a feisty human female (Rose) was under the impression that she was going on a free vacatio
Leanne Bryson
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Dagar, the King of his village, has a close brush with death, he decides it's time he has an heir. But he isn't ready for the burden of a mate, unless she is his 'sinra" or forever mate. He decides on a mail order womb. Rose, a human, is always one step ahead of another problem. Not able to find her way on Earth, she heads out to another planet only to find its not any better. When she is contacted that she may have won a free vacation and only needs to supply her DNA, she jumps at the chan ...more
Kristine L.
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rose is always in one jam after another. She just never can get a break. She goes from one disaster to another one. No end in sight. Now she's going on an all expense vacation just by giving someone her DNA. She gets dropped on an island with a Clan Chief who needs an Heir. This is just a ton of emotions, action, adventure and plenty of steam. I really liked the storyline and Rose and Dagar has great Chemistry and interaction. I really liked that. I received a copy of this book via Booksprout an ...more
Sydney M Neblett
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything will be all right
What an exciting and emotional story. I love how it starts with a dramatic exit and a dream of escape, and morphs into a new reality and a HEA. I especially enjoy the bad guy since I am pron to jump at things that go bump in the dark and it got my blood pumping. I would love for the author to write more books about this village, I would love to see how the king's best friend fairs when it comes to finding his one true love, not to mention the princess needs a man of h
Melody Hillier
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
she was a human working in a horrid job looking for a way out when she found a add for DNA matched vacations, signing up thinking she would never get picked.
He is a Clan Chief who needs an Heir, but has yet to find his fated one, and not wanting to cause strife in his own clan with the females by picking one of them to just breed his baby and then possibly have to set her aside when he finds his fated mate.
He places an add for a female.
This story has tons of emotion, some action and adventure,
Lynall
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is great, Rose enters a competition to win a vacation but she gets a very different experience, Dagar doesn’t know what is going on! Dagar is an excellent character with lots of layers and depth. The two characters want to find their one and only, but there cultural differences and misunderstandings The story is interesting and very entertaining.The ending is happy, so all is good.

Sherry Westendorf
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She ends up in a situation she didn't count on when she signed up. She was thinking she would get out of it. But ends up as a mail order bride. He is a king looking for his fated mate. He needs to have an heir to keep his people happy but doesn't want to get involved and then have to break up with them if his mate comes. She is feisty and he is hot and sexy. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it. ...more
Donna
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
For a chance to win a vacation that asked for a DNA sample. WINNER, now you are the mail-ordered bride of a king that needs to produce an heir. Not the best start for a relationship but it all works out in the end.

Lisa Bing
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun fast paced story that showcases Rose, a gal who ends up as an alien mail order bride - what a day she's been having! - and Dagar, a king who's in need of an heir. There's a sweet romance for these two, in and around the misunderstandings, danger and action, and it was entertaining to see how things would unfold. ...more
Juanita E. Arp
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book, it has a good storyline. This book is filled with action, adventure and intrigue. The chemistry and interaction between the characters of Rose and Dagar is great. I can't wait for more from this author. I received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review. ...more
Marianne
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun sci-fi romance! I loved it! There is danger, drama and misunderstandings.. The romance is adorably sweet!

🅙𝔲𝔩𝔷
Sweet but author not for me
Karen Fisher
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: karen-fisher
This is a fast fun read with a unique monster. The "Formor" is really creepy. Loved the new world and their customs. I received an advanced copy of this book and freely leave this honest review. ...more
Goddess of Chaos
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Which is worse, lies or genuine misunderstandings?

Rose is suspicious of things that sound too good to be true, but there's a difference between being prepared to be disappointed because they implied the Ritz and delivered a pup tent in a forest and out and out being lied to.

Dagar requested not just what he wanted, but what he needed, and when Rose arrives she seems to be more than he could have hoped for... the only problem is she wasn't expecting him, or any of his expectations.

This done in one
Debbie Kilburn
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Upset and confused

Rose was pissed! It was supposed to be a vacation of a lifetime. Dagar thought she was a mail-order bride. She needed some where to recop from a disaster in her life. Dagar needed an heir with no complications. Rose wants No part of Dagar! They lock horns from the get go, even her kicking him out of his own hut. But instead of her sleeping, she tosses and turns all night. And Dagar isn't much better thinking about her. She finally convinced him that she has no interest in being
Spinneretta
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dagar and Rose

Rose’s life on an outer planet wasn’t working out as she had hoped, so when she entered a competition to win an all expenses paid vacation, she was ecstatic. She was far less ecstatic when she arrived on the planet only to find she was a mail order bride!
Dagar is a tribal king, unmated and looking to get an heir, he orders a mail order bride, only to find the bride matched to him had no knowledge of the agreement!
Getting to know each other, and dealing with the dangers present on t
Katherine Ziebold
Oct 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Coasting not rollercoasting

A few instances had me cringing at their cliche-ness and the build up wasn’t as smooth as I liked. I didn’t really feel like I rode an emotional rollercoaster which seemed what the authors may have intended. There was love and sex but the story was kinda meh. For this intelligent beast that threatens all the tribes, the resolution seemed very deus ex machina.
The romance part was sweet and hit some good notes, but I do like a bit more story with the sexy times. I didn’
Jane
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rose is already barely making ends meet at her dead end job when she gets fired. She is frantically trying to find a way to survive when she is notified that she has won a trip to an exotic vacation planet. However , she is actually being sent to produce a child for Dagar who is the king for his people. Naturally, she is not down for that, and misunderstandings are the watchword. Adding to the chaos is a mysterious force called the Formor that they struggle to keep out of their land. This is a s ...more
Angela
Aug 27, 2020 rated it liked it
**3.5 stars
Down on her luck Rose just can't seem to catch a break. From one disaster to another, her trials seem to be endless. But then, JACKPOT! An all expense paid vacation based on her DNA. From there, her new experiences call into question her honesty, her fortitude and her gumption. Will she persevere when it seems like her bad luck has followed her? Will she give her vacation a chance to become all she wanted? Will Dagar convince her that he can be all she desires?
Maria Macias
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet romantic story

This was a nice read and in the best way. The King was thoughtful. Even other Kong’s were understanding. It was quite the change of pace. Rose is not having a good time in life and is in a rut. Her boss is a jerk and ditto for her landlord. She barely makes enough money to survive. Rose is a fierce female with opinions that she may let out at not the best time. Go on this journey with Rose. Read On!
Erin Ramsey
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rose is a human far from home who just lost her job and is now being evicted, but HEY she won a free vacation...which turns out to be anything but. Dagar almost died and left his people without an heir and knows he must do his duty but he wants to find his "sinra". So he decides to hire a surrogate, only problem is this surrogate has no idea what's going on. This was an okay read, will check out book 2 hopefully it will call to me more then book 1. ...more
Trixie
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Geez! Rose and Dakar were looking for the same thing all along and they both found it in the end. It’s sweet actually. The beginning of their love story might have been rough, her leaving him but couldn’t. Fate won’t let her and then the reveal.

Would like an epilogue though. Please

Angela
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rose signs up for a vacation based on her DNA but things do not go as planned. These are strong characters that are from different cultures so they have a lot of work to understand each other. The story is very good and I really liked the ending.

Indie
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
fast paced story. lot's of action and fun . love the star huntress series !!! Rose is down on her luck...always has been...now more than ever... King Dagar needs an heir...but he really wants his sinar...it's insta - something...love Rose and Dagar... a great read !!!

Anne-Marie
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When the author imagined Rose, she must have been thinking of the expression: If it wasn’t for bad luck, she’d have no luck at all! There’s a lot going on in this book, like “winning” a vacation, but ending up a bride instead. There’s also life threatening danger and a lot of misunderstandings. It’s a book you’ll enjoy reading.

• Claimed By The Savage Alien Orxlon (Supernova Escapes)
  • Rescued by Her Alien Mate (Warriors of the D'tali, #1)
  • Mated To The Alien Beast (Fated Mates of Adonia, #1)
  • Chosen by the Rakian Commander (Rakian Warrior Mates #1)
  • Alien Freak (Alien Abductors #2)
  • Vork (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair, #1)
  • Taken by the Alien Savage (Warriors of the Oasis, #1)
  • Bryk (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair, #2)
  • Tarik (Alien Gladiators of Sikoda, #1)
  • Rogue (Alien Warrior Academy, #1)
  • Possessed (Raider Warlords of the Vandar, #1)
  • Raath (Alien Gladiators of Sikoda #2)
  • Untamed Alien (Barbarian Clans of Xavren, #1)
  • Nanny For The Alien King (Intergalactic Fated Mates, #1)
  • Alien Seed (Warriors of the Oasis, #2)
  • Kral (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair, #4)
  • Jorg (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair, #3)
  • Desert Warlord's Prize (Conquered Brides)
Sonia Nova is an author of Science Fiction Romance. She loves to write about sexy, dominant alien men and the women who melt their hearts. When she is not writing, she can be found watching sci-fi movies, reading, and dreaming of her very own alien hunk!

Sign up for Sonia Nova’s Newsletter at:

News & Interviews

When it comes to whiling away the dog days of summer, nothing is better than a good book. Or two. Or three. Let’s say ten! We’re getting...