Start by marking “Bloodfall Arena (Blood Magic #1)” as Want to Read:
Bloodfall Arena (Blood Magic #1)

Bloodfall Arena (Blood Magic #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Kindle Edition
Published August 18th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bloodfall Arena, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodfall Arena

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Bloodfall Arena (Blood Magic #1)
Isabella Tugman - Audiobook Narrator
This audiobook had me hooked from the beginning, and kept me engaged throughout. I already can't wait for the next book in the series!

Aya, the protagonist, is lovable and caring towards others. She is a magic user who can use her powers to heal others... little does she know, her powers are more special than she thinks.

Her village is attacked, and she's captured, enslaved, and sold to an arena that forces slaves to fight to the death.

This had me thinking a lot about the Colosseum, which I got to
Zura Johnson
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters are wonderful and complicated. By the end of the book you feel like you “know them”... and yet there’s so much more I want to know! I love books that present questions about the past, cuz making all those discoveries is so much more exciting when you are left hanging for a bit! I love the world the Ludwig has created. Magical and dark, and yet hopeful! I love the developing relationships amongst the main characters.

I can’t wait for Book 2!
Rick Ludwig
In her first published novel and the first novel in what promises to be an intriguing series, author J.A. Ludwig introduces a compelling character in Aya Flandeen. All her life she's been sheltered from the outside world by her parents and the Elders of her village. But the world intervenes and thrusts her into a terrible trek towards a worse destination, Bloodfall Arena. She can only survive if she learns to use her curative powers to defeat those committed to her destruction. Merging the quest ...more
Lillie
rated it did not like it
Nov 01, 2020
marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2020

• Maui Writers Ink Short Stories & Poems
  • World War II Day By Day
  • Ghosts of Guthrie (The Wantland Files Book 3)
  • What Writers Need to Know: Essential Topics (Red Sneaker Writers Book Series 9)
  • Twisted Justice (Daniel Pike #4)
  • Trial by Blood (Daniel Pike #3)
  • The Haunting of Crescent Hotel (The Wantland Files #2)
  • Judge and Jury (Daniel Pike #5)
  • The Complete Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Last Druid (The Fall of Shannara, #4)
  • The Odyssey of Homer
  • Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs,  and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers
  • One Loan Soul (Loan Soul, #1)
  • Alpha's Dirty Little Secret: A Werewolf Romance Novel
  • Seducing Hope (The Hope Legacy, #1)
  • Zero Day Threat (The Ungovernable #1)
  • Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse, #1)
  • Cibola Burn (The Expanse, #4)
The author of The Blood Magic Series, J. A. Ludwig has been writing stories since she was a child.

She went to college for Theater (Stage Management to be exact) and has worked with two wonderful theater companies in Southern California. She is far more comfortable behind the scenes, dressed in black than on stage.

Her two cats, a tabby named Lele and black kitten named Midna, have been very suppor

News & Interviews