Start by marking “Valhalla Steel” as Want to Read:
Valhalla Steel

Valhalla Steel

Step into the dark future where creatures of myth clash in the back alleys of an uncaring city run by all-powerful corporations. Will Valhalla Steel rise to prominence or will they join the untold millions in anonymity? This is a collection of short stories following the members of Valhalla Steel, a gun-running clan of Vikings guided by their leader, Angus Jarlson. Caught ...more
Published August 16th 2020 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Valhalla Steel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valhalla Steel

Start your review of Valhalla Steel
H.L.Tinsley Tinsley
Mar 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
You know those restaurants that offer a twelve-course sample menu designed to give you just a little taste of all the varied and marvellous flavours they have to offer? Well with Valhalla Steel, author Sean Crow has managed to create the literary equivalent of just that.

A wild, energetic story that mixes Norse fantasy, dystopian futures, sci-fi, action, folklore and just about everything else you can think of to create a melting pot of exciting characters in a vastly different and intriguing set
Simon Howard
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a unique read, several stories here come together through multiple points of view to tell one expertly crafted tale.

With a unique mix of Norse Mythology,  modern Vikings and Chem dealing gun toting old magic wielding Fae. The prose is  muscular but has a certain lyrical quality in the descriptions. It is fast paced, dropping the reader straight into the action, which is handled masterfully, bone crunching hardly does it justice. It takes a moment to engage with the characters, but soon
sayer bartlett
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Needed This

I was hooked from the beginning. It has a curious blend of genres and time eras that work very well together. Each chapter told a unique short story from different perspectives about a clan of Vikings. The Vikings still have a firm hold on their ancient ancestry, but they possess tech and weapons distant from our own time. The book is paced perfectly, which allows crucial time for world and character development, while still saving plenty of time for some seriously badass action, s

Emily
I was lucky enough to read this as an ARC and all I can say is wow, is this ever a unique read! It mixes vikings, advanced technology, and Fae, in a futuristic world. I really enjoyed it. The feud between the leader of the Vahalla Steel clan and the Fae has been long and bloody and the conflict is escalating. Is this a conflict the clan can survive?

It’s written kind of as a series of short stories from the POV of different characters in different settings and times and they come together to for
Petar P
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sean Crow shows that his talent knows hardly any limits. Valhalla Steel is absolutely different as a setting from the Godless lands, but where Sean excels is world building and character creation.

It's very hard to make a world of magic and technology feel real, but S.C. does this in a great way. Love the story, love the art!

Definitely recommend. Not only to sci-fi readers, but fantasy as well!
Mark
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Valhalla Steel is fast paced, action-packed, and wonderfully realised in both the sci-fi and fantasy camps.

It is a collection of stories that follow the characters of the Clan/gang ‘Valhalla Steel’ as they seek a new home in a dystopian-like setting of the future, where magic and technology walk hand in hand.

Drug-dealing fae, trolls, werewolves, ghosts-in-the wires, rune magic and the religion of the old gods, this world – and book – has it all.

I loved it!
Joe Peppard
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A brilliantly paced action packed novel.
Traditional viking clans with viking scruples raised in a cyberpunk world face off against the fae ruling class.
It's a perfect blend of old world and a look into the future, I couldn't put it down and I hope there's a second instalment.
10/10
Orange Mchaddad
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sean Crow does it again! In keeping with his style in Godless Lands, Valhalla Steel is grounded, focused on the real human stories of people surrounded and impacted by the fantastic. The world he has built feels all too possible and imminent, magic aside.
Kerry Smith
If you love vikings, fae, and other mystical beings mixed up with mythology, gang warfare, cybernetics, big guns all set in an urban environment then this book is for you.
Great art work as well. Hope we see more of the Valhalla Steel crew.
Jason Link
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those special instances where the author and I know each other. We’re friends who were in the same writing group. Sean has read my drafts, and I’ve read his. So I got to see a few chapters of Valhalla Steel long before it came out.

Now before you start thinking, “Well, this is going to be a biased review,” know that Sean and I are openly critical of each other’s work.

Just look at the description of our writers group on FaceBook:

People sharing what they wrote from the depths of thei
Ralph
Mar 29, 2021
Betty Lou
is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2020

• Black Stone Heart (The Obsidian Path, #1)
  • Pawn's Gambit (A Mortal Techniques novel)
  • Of Honey and Wildfires (Songs of Sefate, #1)
  • Dawn of the Exile (The Infernal Guardian, #2)
  • Spirit (The Cartographer #3)
  • Of Blood and Steel
  • The Woven Ring (Sol's Harvest, #1)
  • The Dirty South (Charlie Parker #18)
  • The Unbroken (Magic of the Lost, #1)
  • Fairhaven Rising (The Saga of Recluce #22)
  • The Book of Malachi
  • The Last Benediction in Steel (The Serpent Knight Saga, #2)
  • True Grit
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
  • Red Season Rising (Red Season, #1)
  • The Camaro Murders (The Driver Series #1)
  • Inspector of the Cross (Inspector of the Cross #1)

News & Interviews