Start by marking “Sweet Cruelty (Ruthless Obsession #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Cruelty (Ruthless Obsession #1)

Sweet Cruelty

(Ruthless Obsession #1)

It was an innocent mistake.
She knocked on the wrong door.
Mine.

If I were a better man, I would've just let her go.
But I'm not.
I'm a cruel bastard.

I ruthlessly claimed her virtue for my own.
It should have been enough.
But it wasn't.
I needed more.
Craved it.

She became my obsession.
Her sweetness and purity taunted my dark soul.
The need to possess her nearly drove me m
Published October 8th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Cruelty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Cruelty

Start your review of Sweet Cruelty (Ruthless Obsession #1)
 ⚔Irunía⚔
🤡*shadowbanned review and for what*🤡

Ridiculous. Imagine my surprise, I'm reading this book and all of a sudden (not really) I come across the hero's term of endearment for the heroine that showcases that he actually addresses her as a male. LOL. 🤡 What a way to start off a MF romance.

This happens when authors think that Google translator is their best friend, their daddy, their saviour, their cute little assistant. 💕

You see, in Russian the phrase "my little one" has different endings, which dep
Anovelqueen
***4 STARS***

I didn’t think I would enjoy it, but I did.....this quick, down and dirty smutty read. I loved all of it.

Emma, the librarian student gets more than she expected when she knocks on the door of who she thinks is her benefactor to help her with school tuition. Instead it is this huge, gorgeous, tattooed Russian who thinks she is from an escort agency. There is some dub con but it was overall written well and incredibly sexy.

Plenty of steam and possessive Alphaness from the Russian Dim
Micol
Jan 08, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
No can’t do it
Dnf at 15%

I really don’t like how this book completely skips over the fact that the main male character RAPED the main female character
I get that rape fantasy is a thing but this was not that. This was anything but consensual.
Dimitri rapes Emma, she ends up enjoying the sex towards the end and the she runs away. Goes home tells her roommate and her roommate calls her a slut. NO.
That is so far from okay.
The way they talked about her experience with Dimitri, they made it sound like E
Melanie A.
4 STARS!
In a lifetime of cruel and depraved acts this is probably my most cruel, but I am keeping this beautiful sweet creature for my own.
All kinds of dirty and inappropriate - I loved it!

Plot in a nutshell . . . to quote Isabella: A Russian arms dealer and a virgin librarian student, it shouldn't work for many reasons. [LOL, best line ever!]

But it really does work if you're looking for an OTT possessive alpha who unapologetically takes what (and who) he wants.

Be warned, there is
Irie❤Life
Dec 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
If you like rape, go for it.

Not much to say other than that. How the hell this has 4.5 stars, I don't get it?!! Only read about 20%. RAPE. Not reluctant, not questionable, just rape. Heroine shows up at H's house thinking it's a different place to request money for school. H thinks she's a prostitute he ordered putting on a fake school girl act. Proceeds to spank them rape her after she said No and Stop clearly. You could say, mistake because he thought she was acting. But after he entered heral
☘ Lily ☘
I am filled with self loathing right now for even thinking this book would get better.

It's not.
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Finale review!!! (Updated)
3.5 ⭐

Now heads up this is a dark-ish romance in my eyes there is some dub-con moments (most triggers are listed below if you wanna check out) and some drama and steamy moments. I had a hard time rating this so I'm leave it at the rating above for now It might change because I havent seen the cover (yes i add stars for covers to lol) I got this as an arc so thanks Zoe. And as of 10/10 I'm updating my reivew since Zoe changed chapter 1 and added a bonus Epilogue!!! And W
Vashti
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Arena♡
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
✧ 5 'my little one' stars ✧

tw: dub con

how have i never read books by this author before?? i picked this book up on a whim. i was in the mood for something dark and i'd recently bought this one, so as soon as i saw this one sitting on my kindle, i jumped right in without even reading the blurb! and needless to say, i loved it!

моя крошка.
My little one.
She was so small and vulnerable. I wanted to tie her to my bed and never let her leave to keep her safe by my side.

the start of the book was
Mahima
Nov 01, 2020 rated it liked it
For me it was a normal story of an extremely possessive underworld guy.
He is your typical mafia man with loads of tattoos, deals in arms, order the heroine around and literally never listens to her. I don't remember Dmitri ever listening or agreeing to whatever Emma has to say.

Emma is also our typical shy girl who's virgin (before meeting the hero), extremely shy, never been paid attention before and loves the H for his sexual appeal, dominance over her etc etc.

The story followed with some VERY
Aou
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: virgin-h
This one is quite sweet despite of the dub-con at first and the kinky staff. Thus for me, it was not a dark book and I may have been a little disappointed because of it. However, it was a very well written darkish erotica/romance. Certainly Ms. Blake has researched and studied for the book. Congrats Ms. Blake, you are one of my favorites in this genre.
CourtRocks (Villains Do It Better)
2.5 Stars

Close DNF

Not really a fan of the writing and it's pretty repetitive. The sex was also just okay. I was definitely over the spankings and threat of punishments, so it got boring.

Safety: safe

Kate V
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Monique
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Was in the mood for a steamy OTT jealous and possessive H and this delivered perfectly. Dimitri was a complete bulldozer who in book land is dreamy but in real life I'd probably brain. ...more
Set
Nov 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing
gbn
Typical mafia dom but I had to read it because it was BANNED and you know that I had to read the banned version. xD
JadeC
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

Sweet Cruelty.. the title says everything! I'm getting a little Beauty and the Beast vibe from here, aka kinky fairy tale. Sweet Emma meets Dimitri after a case of mistaken identity and has captured Dimitri's attention ever since. Being a Russian mobster, Dimitri is not used to prim and proper but something about Emma's innocence made him wanna keep her.

I truly enjoyed the D/s relationship between Dimitri and Emma. He's a dominating man for sure but with Emma, he showed some really
Paula
Nov 05, 2020 marked it as dnf
(view spoiler) ...more
Sonia
Aug 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: librarian
4.5 stars for this triggery, no owd, deliciousness

I love mafia romance with no owd and an ott protective J/P hero!

Emma is a graduate student working in a library who needs to ask for money from her benefactor in order to not be kicked out of college. The problem is that when she goes to the door of her “benefactor,” someone else opens the door- a huge, muscular, tattooed man with a shaved head, facial hair, and an intense penetrating look.

Dimitri ordered an escort/call girl; when he opens the
Mystix
I was so skeptical about this, I usually don't like dub-con but man... excuse me while I binge read all this authors books. I want my own Dimitri.

What I liked:

→ Dimitri.

→ How smitten Dimitri was with Emma

→ Apparently I have a thing for bulldozing Hs who wont take no for an answer from their love interests

→ Dimitri literally makes Emma's dreams come true

→ Shy h and bad boy H trope

What I didn't like:

→ How wishy washy Emma was

→ H had ordered an escort for the night he meets h but h shows up at hi
Slice Of Kate
I wasn’t really feeling this one, might be because I read it whilst on holiday and couldn’t really sink my teeth into it since I was having so much fun in the mean time.
The way the characters met was a bit hard to get over and whilst the sex scenes were hot, I just didn’t feel the connection between the two MC’s.

I also feel personally attacked by this statement…
“No guy wants a girlfriend who’s in her mid-twenties and still a freaking virgin. They’ll think you were raised in some cult in the mid
lily waheed
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Taking a tiny little break from Yvonne whittal I couldn't resist this book the H is Russian 😁 I love them 👇
1st time author
Emma is a 23 Virgin librarian runs into Dimitri a Russian arms dealer!!! Yes
She knock on his door thinking he is someone else and he .... thinks she is an escort!!!
Dimitri was an alpha dominant man who loves a little bit of kinky sex
I enjoyed this alot but I wanted a baby or a pregnancy 🤔
Enjoyed and loved it 👍
Gitanjali
Jul 12, 2021 marked it as did-not-finish
UGHH no!!!! How the hell did this book get so many good reviews?
20% in the book and I couldn't read it. The book begins with RAPE. How the hell is this supposed to be a romance?
The girl knocks on the man's door which turns out be the wrong one. He thinks she is from the escort agency and even though the girl says words like NO and STOP and tells him that there has been a mistake, he doesn't listen to her thinking she is inacting a role and kisses her. Then without an actual consent he tries to h
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-new-author
Dimitri, a Russian mobster, is my favorite type of hero. He is all alpha, all the time and when he sees what he wants he goes for it and what he wants is Emma, because she is HIS! I love his possessiveness. Emma is my favorite type of heroine; shy nerdy, virgin and a bookworm. Together they are hotter than hell, and complete opposites. I loved that there was action along with the heat. My only complaint, was that the ending was too rushed.4 1/2 stars!
Melissa Crump
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
10 Scorching hot stars!!! This story had me at the first word. No one weaves a story with wicked twists and curves like Zoe Blake! An incredibly strong, powerful, hot Russian who does not accept the word “no”. Spellbinding and captivating.
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books
how have i never read books by this author before?so as soon as i saw this one sitting on my kindle, i jumped right in without even reading the blurb! and needless to say, i loved it! The book was perfect and the pace was pretty good making me enjoy it a lot! This book was nothing like I have ever read before , and now it's definitely one of my top reads.

a case of mistaken identity lands Emma into Dmitri's bed, and the beautiful girl from that moment on, becomes his. his to keep. his to love. a
Sonia
4.5 stars for this triggery, no owd, deliciousness

I love mafia romance with no owd and an ott protective J/P hero!

Emma is a graduate student who needs to ask for money from her benefactor in order to not be kicked out of college. The problem is that when she goes to the door of her “benefactor,” someone else opens the door- a huge, muscular, tattooed man with a shaved head, facial hair, and an intense penetrating look.

Dimitri ordered an escort/call girl; when he opens the door, he’s greeted w
April Symes
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Woah! Such a dark, delicious, twisted, steamy, angsty, savage, obsessive, sizzling, Russian mafia, dominant hot read that brings all the readers definitely to this yard. Sweet Cruelty by Zoe Blake brings the Dominant Alpha male and the innocent young heroine and the mistaken identity that takes place and from that a fabulous age-gap/mafia romance. Dimitri is definitely a bad guy but Emma changed him and made him more human, alittle more relatable and definitely Alpha hot and obsessed when it com ...more
Lynn Thinking out loud
Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about. Sweet Cruelty was deliciously dark. ...more
Helen Power
Jun 19, 2021 rated it liked it
This book! This book could have been so amazing, as it had a great premise. I wish it had been a little longer, and I do wish that we’d gotten a bit more of a slow burn between Dimitri and Emma. They get together right in the beginning of the book. There’s no lead up, whatsoever.
I loved Emma as a character. I’m a librarian, and I often gravitate towards books with heroines that are librarians. She’s studying to be one, and there weren’t too many blatantly wrong assumptions about librarians, whic
Anne - Deliciously Dark (& Taboo) Romance
Y'all this book
This. Book.

I truly cannot stress it enough. This book ticks everything my dirty loving mind wanted in a book!

Hero
•OTT jealous and possessive hero.
•Hero who goes after the heroine to keep her as his.
•Hero who doesn't even look at another woman let alone think of them once he set his sights to the heroine.
•Hero who adores the heroine the way she is - shy and librarian outfits; not to mention romance and smut loving heroine.

Heroine
•Shy librarian student
•from classics to romance to

• Frost (Reapers MC, #15)
  • Luna’s Shadow (Devil’s Riot MC: Originals, #5)
  • Riggs' Ruin (Kings Reapers MC, #1)
  • El Diablo II
  • Breaker's Fuse (Inferno's Clutch MC, #2)
  • A Demon's Soul (Dark Lullabies, #3)
  • Unbalanced Omega (Alpha Elite #3)
  • Flawed (Omega Market #2)
  • El Diablo
  • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Diamond, #1)
  • Her Lovely Lies (Hastings Brothers, #2)
  • Kennedy & Tristan: Moretti Crime Family Novel
  • Reckless (Wild Irish, #0.5)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)
  • Bad Bad Bad
  • Taming Coyote (Devil's Riot MC: Originals, #4)
See top shelves…
USAT Bestselling author, Zoe Blake, delights in writing Dark Romance books filled with overly-possessive Billionaires, Taboo scenes and Unexpected twists.

She usually spends her ill-gotten gains on martinis, travel and red lipstick. Since she can barely boil water, she’s lucky enough to be married to a sexy Chef.

To keep in touch and score a few free books, check out her website at www.zblakebooks.

Ruthless Obsession (5 books)
  • Sweet Depravity (Ruthless Obsession #2)
  • Sweet Savagery (Ruthless Obsession, #3)
  • Sweet Brutality (Ruthless Obsession, #4)
  • Sweet Ferocity (Ruthless Obsession, #5)

News & Interviews

Here at Goodreads World Headquarters, we tend to read a lot of books. Like, a lot a lot. And every December, as we finish up our...
“God bless adorable little book nerds and the stupid boys who don’t know their worth.” 2 likes
“Ilove you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest. - William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing” 2 likes