Start by marking “Sweet Cruelty” as Want to Read:
Sweet Cruelty

Sweet Cruelty

It was an innocent mistake.
She knocked on the wrong door.
Mine.

If I were a better man, I would've just let her go.
But I'm not.
I'm a cruel bastard.

I ruthlessly claimed her virtue for my own.
It should have been enough.
But it wasn't.
I needed more.
Craved it.

She became my obsession.
Her sweetness and purity taunted my dark soul.
The need to possess her nearly drove me m
Kindle Edition
Published October 8th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Cruelty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Cruelty

Start your review of Sweet Cruelty
K
5 +++ “моя крошка” STARS!!!!!

‘No one ever wanted me before… not like this.’

I feel like such a fragile little flower after this Sweet Cruelty that Zoe Blake has subjected me to. I simply couldn’t deny my masochistic self a heavy dose of this dark, sweet, depravity by not reading this newest release, only my second read of hers, now my favourite. I honestly wouldn’t have wished this any other way. One, because of how all up in my feelings this had me and, in all frankness, still has me days later.
Aou
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: virgin-h
This one is quite sweet despite of the dub-con at first and the kinky staff. Thus for me, it was not a dark book and I may have been a little disappointed because of it. However, it was a very well written darkish erotica/romance. Certainly Ms. Blake has researched and studied for the book. Congrats Ms. Blake, you are one of my favorites in this genre.
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Finale review!!! (Updated)
3.5 ⭐

Now heads up this is a dark-ish romance in my eyes there is some dub-con moments (most triggers are listed below if you wanna check out) and some drama and steamy moments. I had a hard time rating this so I'm leave it at the rating above for now It might change because I havent seen the cover (yes i add stars for covers to lol) I got this as an arc so thanks Zoe. And as of 10/10 I'm updating my reivew since Zoe changed chapter 1 and added a bonus Epilogue!!! And W
Melissa Crump
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
10 Scorching hot stars!!! This story had me at the first word. No one weaves a story with wicked twists and curves like Zoe Blake! An incredibly strong, powerful, hot Russian who does not accept the word “no”. Spellbinding and captivating.
lily waheed
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Taking a tiny little break from Yvonne whittal I couldn't resist this book the H is Russian 😁 I love them 👇
1st time author
Emma is a 23 Virgin librarian runs into Dimitri a Russian arms dealer!!! Yes
She knock on his door thinking he is someone else and he .... thinks she is an escort!!!
Dimitri was an alpha dominant man who loves a little bit of kinky sex
I enjoyed this alot but I wanted a baby or a pregnancy 🤔
Enjoyed and loved it 👍
Lynn Thinking out loud
Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about. Sweet Cruelty was deliciously dark.
R Rais
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Emma is just a librarian student, a book lover, a nerdy who live precariously through out all her books. The only time she's brave, sassy and sexy is when she's in her pages of books.
Until a seriously dominant, Alpha, super hot man who happen to specialists in weapon (as in selling them 😁), Dimitri Antonovich Kosgov, mistaken her as an escort and take her as his.

This book seriously my deepest secret as romance books lover. To meet a man so over the world opposite than you, chemistry flow out o
Megan
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Russian Mafia instant attraction! It goes by fast while reading it. Next thing I knew I was at ‘The End’ and was angry because it was over! I didn’t want it to end.

We don’t get to know much about Dimitri since he’s a very secretive and protective man. We do however know lots about Emma. I loved her character! She may have been unknowledgeable about men/relationships, but she wasn’t weak or stupid. I enjoyed that Zoe didn’t make her a “damsel in distress” type of character. She was very consisten
Valentina
A dark and twisty hero straight out of a romance novel

Reminiscent of Beauty and the Beast and with a nod to the classics, Sweet Cruelty feels like a kinky fairy tale retelling with the sedateness of a darker themed romance. This enjoyable story features a darling, innocent heroine and a brutish but thoughtfully loving Russian mobster, who upon a chance meeting, embark on a love adventure for the ages. But make no mistake, this is a steamy, adult experience.

The first scene grabbed my attention. E
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
Pretty insta - at least on the Hero’s part.

Would have been nice if the heroine had abit of a back bone and this is coming from someone who likes shy, doormat-ish heroines. She would fight him on things but once he demanded her to strip she’d get horny and game over he’d win.
Ähmsry
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark, fast and romantic with a heavy kink - very entertaining moments - such a dominant bad guy.
Ana Elena
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I honestly confess that I forced myself to not finish this book in one sitting because I wanted to carefully savour, page by page, every decadent word and every sensual detail until I was sure I had it imprinted on my heart forever.
Simply sinfully alluring and in true Zoe Blake style, this book will be sure to leave you begging for more of its delicious naughtiness even before you're reached the end.
Jill Hull
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If hot Russian arms dealers weren’t your jam, they will be now. I know I’m biased because at this point I’d buy Zoe Blake’s retelling of the phone book; but she’s a talented wordsmith who grabs your attention early and doesn’t let it go, without it feeling forced. She shows us the soft underbelly of Dimitri so we just want to curl up with him and hand feed him jellybeans. Our sweet heroine Emma may be shy and virginal, but she’s by no means weak. Her love of tequila and her feisty bestie Mary ma ...more
Kai White
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC Copy.

I cannot begin to explain how much I loved this but I will. This book had just the right amount of possessiveness and sweetness which are two of my absolute favorite combinations. Of course Dimitri is a bad guy, but there is a side of him that is unbelievably sweet and protective when he's with Emma.

And Emma is the right amount of shy and spirited. Even though she can be timid and insecure at times, that's what makes her character relatable and likeable. Some people might se
Helen
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMGAAHHHHHH this book! I don't know how I found this author, but I loved her other books and this was no exception! This book had the right amount of dark and sweet romance to keep it interesting. Dimitri is so delicious and he is a perfect H with jealousy, possessiveness and sweetness to Emma. Emma is a college librarian who mistakenly goes to see Dimitri and they have a bit of insta-love from the beginning. I love how Dimitri takes care of her and watches out for Emma when she needs it. You do ...more
Autumn Lee
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Romance For All Romance Lovers!

This is truly a romance written for romance readers! Zoe Blake has written an incredibly eclectic range of books from darkly disturbed to light-hearted and fun. But this one is now my favorite of them all. It's a perfect mix of both the light and the dark. Every time I got to a place where, as an avid romance reader, I assumed that I knew what was gonna happen next, but thought to myself "I wish it would go this way this time, instead" it totally went the way
Leah
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely the book for those who love a good dark romance. After all, what's not to love about a Russian arms dealer being possessive over an innocent, librarian student?

You are mine, my little one.

Emma and Dimitri's relationship started with an unconventional twist. A case of mistaken identity leads Emma to Dimitri's house where she has no choice but to give in to their mutual attraction. Dimitri refuses to let her escape after their encounter, ruthlessly tracking her down and showi
Cheryl
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yowza!!!! What a freaking GREAT story Zoe Blake has written with Sweet Cruelty!!! Decadent, richly romantic, heated, intense, dominant!! OMG….EVERYTHING about this story was absolutely PERFECT!!! It’s the dark, delectable, innocent story of Emma and Dimitri. She’s about to lose her grant money for tuition and needs to ask her benefactor’s son for assistance. But, when she gets there….there’s a HUGE mistake….misunderstanding….accident…and she’s thrust into the dark work of a criminal underlord…Di ...more
Darkreads
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet Cruelty is a steamy story featuring a case of mistaken identity between Russian arms dealer Dimitry and naive and innocent librarian Emma. Emma shows up on Dimitry's doorstep and he mistakes her for an escort. Form there the story develops just as you would imagine. Dimitry claims the little librarian and that's that. Emma sort of goes along with it though not entirely willingly at times. I enjoyed Dimitry's growly antics and "mine" mentality. I would have loved a bit more push back from E ...more
Bree🤓
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
100% worth the read for this criminal & innocent librarian student. Ok #1 HOT... but also we love Russian words of affection. Great storyline, though my one critique is that I wish we got to know about Dimitri’s background and his feelings a bit more.. focused a lot on the heroine... who annoyed me by always tried to tell people she was being kidnapped 😂 girl we allll know u wanna be there. other than that this is a must read!! ...more
Jo
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where can I get my own Dimitri!?!?!?!? Dude is sexy trouble on a stick and I'm hungry!!!!

Emma just really wants to finish her master's degree, but she can't do that when her grant was canceled. She has her plan all laid out to get that money but when she knocks on that door, she sure wasn't expecting a Russian hunk to answer.

Dimitri is the definition of a bad boy Russian hottie! He takes what he wants and hurts anyone in his way. The things he does to Emma and for Emma...I'd forgive him for all
Lisa Roberts
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my what a story we have a possesive sweet obsessive Russian Dimitri and a sweet innocent Librarian Emma who ends up at the wrong place at the wrong time and her life is about to change.
She is a very strong character and I loved that about her and her big brute Mafia guy which I loved just the right amount of sweet and possevive that I love and will melt you into a big old puddle of goo.
This is romance right here and I would love to have more of these two desperately.
Stacie Mcelrath
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dominant alpha Russian for the win!

Every nerdy girl needs a bad boy to come corrupt...ahem...save her. Emma hit the jackpot with Dimitri. Dimitri needed some light in the darkness of his life and Emma was that and more. Together, the shy librarian and the Russian gangster made no sense, but were actually perfect for each other. This one is sweet but also smoking hot!
Jesi Siscoe
Oct 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Loved this book! It was the perfect amount of bad boy and good girl. Emma was good, but not too good and Dimitri was perfectly bad. They brought out the best in each other. You can't help, but love these two together.
Siddhi
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC received
I loved this book. I love it when Zoe Blake writes such books about a possessive jealous hero. The heroine was was sweet and sassy always poked the bear. The spanking scenes were sooooo good.

I'm loving this book. Please kepp writing such books.
Vivian
Oct 08, 2020 rated it liked it
vxhexn_reads
I have never read a book blurb that was as succinct as the one for this book.

Heed the warning. From the first chapter you will be exposed to a dark, potentially upsetting event. Personally I absolutely loved it but I enjoy the dark side.

I will note that Cyrillic Russian is used sometimes without translations - but Kindle's translate function works perfectly. My favorite of all is Dimitri's endearment for Emma - моя крошка. My little one.

I will admit a mousy heroine quoting Jane Austen and Charlo
Celeste
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emma Doyle is a nerdy bookworm who is working on her Master’s in Library and Information Science at Loyola University, and only has one semester left before graduation. The cardigan, pleated skirt, Doc Marten Mary Jane wearing student smells less like perfume and more like the beloved ancient tomes she works with in her part-time job at the Newberry Library. Her small income barely supplements the funds her benefactor, Mr. Fitzgerald, contributes toward her tuition. After receiving a letter info ...more
Rose Howse
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The only mistake Emma made was to knock on the door of a bad man who decides she will be his and his only. Emma was an innocent librarian on her last year of college and she suddenly needs the tuition that her benefactor couldn't pay anymore, he died. Dimitri was in the place she didn't expect and she was
the woman he wasn't expecting but what an explosive match they ended up making. Dimitri was the hero every erotic romance reader dreams of. Dominant, possessive and filthy, kinky in the bedroom.
ANNE but not Hathaway
Y'all this book
This. Book.

I truly cannot stress it enough. This book ticks everything my dirty loving mind wanted in a book!

Hero
•OTT jealous and possessive hero.
•Hero who goes after the heroine to keep her as his.
•Hero who doesn't even look at another woman let alone think of them once he set his sights to the heroine.
•Hero who adores the heroine the way she is - shy and librarian outfits; not to mention romance and smut loving heroine.

Heroine
•Shy librarian student
•from classics to romance to
« previous 1 3 next »

• My Husband, My Stalker
  • Unholy Union
  • Little Dove
  • Tarnished Empire
  • Unholy Intent (Unholy Union Duet #2)
  • Santiago's Conquest
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
  • Gold Mine (Diamond, #2)
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • King Sized
  • Faked  (Sinners of Boston, #3)
  • Lachlan (Dangerous Doms #5)
  • Stories of September
  • The War (Bratva Blood #2)
  • Stolen Heir (Brutal Birthright #2)
  • Frost (Reapers MC #15)
  • The Novice
  • Luna’s Shadow (Devil’s Riot MC: Originals #5)
USAT Bestselling author, Zoe Blake, delights in writing Dark Romance books filled with overly-possessive Billionaires, Taboo scenes and Unexpected twists.

She usually spends her ill-gotten gains on martinis, travel and red lipstick. Since she can barely boil water, she’s lucky enough to be married to a sexy Chef.

To keep in touch and score a few free books, check out her website at www.zblakebooks.