Start by marking “The Heir - Part One (The Kings & Queens of St Augustus #3)” as Want to Read:
The Heir - Part One (The Kings & Queens of St Augustus #3)

The Heir - Part One (The Kings & Queens of St Augustus #3)

Money makes the world go round, but it destroys lives just as easily.

A family shattered.

Twins torn apart by greed and jealousy.

But now the game has changed and every action has its consequences.

A dead man’s wishes shouldn’t have had the power to ruin both of our lives, I’ve picked a side and now it’s time to fight back.
Published September 30th 2020 by Hudson Indie Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Heir - Part One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir - Part One

Start your review of The Heir - Part One (The Kings & Queens of St Augustus #3)
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think that I could love a couple more than Tally and Arlo but Carrigan and Carson give them a run for their money!! I love getting to experience Carrigan’s side of events now. Carson is so sweet with her and let’s her grow into her own and become stronger. Finally Carrigan sees what their parents forced Tally to endure, she is so much more than the “evil twin.” I can’t wait to see how this author develops Carrigan and Carson’s relationship!
Joanne Mccorkell
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What the f**k Gemma????

I hated Carrigan for everything she did and helped her family do to Tally.

But with the Heir, I began to see that she has been abused and ill treated by her parents too. Im glad she grew a back bone of a sort too.
Carson has a similar attraction to Carrigan as Arlo had to Tally. He wants her but doesnt know why. Nor able to explain it.

They make a good couple, and he helps bridge a relationship between the sisters. But I desperately need to have part 2. Please please get it
Deborah Willborn
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh how the wicked will play..... Carrigan is finally seeing for herself just how manipulating her parents are when they attack Tally. She has come to the realization that something has to be done to not only stop her parents and her engagement to Rupert but to insure that Tally along with herself as safe and away from the clutches for that WILL. She has come to the realization of what she will have to do but needs the help of one of Arlo and Tally’s friends. Carson Windsor yes he is one of the f ...more
Tawni Steiger
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off, do not read this book if you have not read The Spare part 1 and 2. And don't start reading it unless you plan to finish it in one sitting! This book is PHENOMENAL!

This story went a whole other direction than I thought it was going too. I didn't pick up on the name (my silly overtired side is coming out) and I thought this was going to be a continuation of Tally and Arlo's story. I did not think that we were going to get Carrigan's story! But holy moly am I glad that we did.

This story
Ann Jones
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is not a standalone and you MUST read "The spare part 1 & 2" beforehand, otherwise, you will be dropped into the middle of the story and won't appreciate the genius of this story.

You will no doubt be at the stage where Gemma is arch enemy Number 1. I can honestly say I wanted to ring her up and scream down the phone, This story is pure talent.

Carrigan, the Heir of a fortune is a B****, or is she?
Carson is watching from the wings and doubting everything he knows about her.

I hated carrigan a
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Gemma Weir, so I'm always looking forward to her new releases, but I'm not going to lie, I wasn't quite sure about The Heir. See, I despised Carrigan because of the things she did to her twin sister, Tally, in previous books. I was absolutely certain that there was no way that I would ever forgive her, and that's where I went wrong. Gemma Weir is so very talented that I should have never doubted her writing chops as there's more than meets the eye with Carrigan, so her earning f ...more
Kelly Kemmerly
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All hail the antagonists point of view!!
Too many stories are one sided leaving you to wonder whatever happened to the bad guy. Gemma Weir loves her characters and did not let us down with Carrigan’s perspective in The Heir. The bad girl, in this case, shows us what it’s like being a bonafide b**** and co conspirator to the demise of her own twin. Cardigan is done! Time for a bold move that will change the future for her entire family. Tally has suffered enough and deserves to live her life witho
Tammy
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again Gemma has done it - this continuation was just as exciting as the previous books in this series - this is Carrigan and Carson's story. She has done it, broken the will and now she has to deal with the aftershock from her parents. Carrigan has known Carson from school, and he indeed helps her but they can't understand the unwanted feelings they now have for each other, and with each passing day, Carson is understanding more and more the evil depths Tallulah and Carrigan's parents were ...more
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Carson took me by surprise in
Ann
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Even though it's part one, it's best to read The Spare series first so you can get the whole experience of the story and understand everything more. I truly disliked Carrigan in the first books and when reading this story you truly come to understand more that there is just so much more to it all than you first thought. But what an ending! I need to have part 2 asap!

DrivenbyBooks
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
*4 stars*
Even though it's part one, it's best to read The Spare series first so you can get the whole experience and understand everything more. I truly disliked Carrigan in the first books and when reading this story you truly come to understand that there is just so much more to it all than you first thought. But what an ending! I need to have part 2 asap!

Carrigan is driven into a corner and with all that has happened with her sister, she decides to take action and will try to do everything i
Kari Hansen
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the time that she was a child Carrigan has always known what was expected of her and what the future would hold. She was determined to follow her parent’s edicts and follow through with the plans with little regard to those she would hurt along the way and that included her twin sister Tally.

When the situation reaches a climax, she has a choice to make and that choice will change everything
Carson is not only friends with Tally and Arlo, but he is also the missing piece that will help her a
Tracy W (Tracy&HelensRomanceBlog)
Just when I think I love this authors words, she writes another fabulous story.

The Heir is out of this world amazing to read. If you’ve read The Spare part one and two, then this follows on with the other twin sister.

I simply fell in love with Carrigans character massively. Just when you think you should hate her, you can’t help but fall in love with her. To want to stand by and simply be her friend. Carson is absolutely perfect for her and you can’t help but smile at how this couple become.

T
Dawn
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is part of a series and will do best if you read the first two books before reading this one. However, you can read this as a stand alone.
Carrigan needs to free herself from her parents and enlists the help of Carson. When he helps her break free, she suddenly has no direction and is lost. Slowly he convinces her to let him in as she begins to find herself.
Opinion
From reading the first two books, I thought I’d hate this story, mainly because I hated Carrigan. Nothing could be further from t
Tracy
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well I think Gemma Weir is going to be taking the crown as the queen of cliffhangers! This is Tally's twin sister, Carrigan's story and she was such a villain in the first book I honestly wasn't sure if I would like her as she was awful in the first two books. This shows the villans point of view and is she really evil or is she a victim too? She was so well written that I honestly felt quite sorry for her at times and it was interesting to see another side to her. Carson took me by surprise in ...more
Carmel's Addictive Nighttime Reads
Absolutely in love with the perspective of our so called 'evil' Carrigan. The twin that was ruthless through and through, money painted the way for her live in any means possible, or that was the image that she portrayed.

Gone with the masks and the games, Carrigan has a chance of retribution for Tally and Arlo after her mothers and father's evil plans fall, but it means breaking the will.

Will the bad girl change and finally free her sister from the clutches of her family or is this just another
Emma
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok to start with this is the heir part one however its book three of the series.
I'm this part of the series we hear from Carrigan and omg I love her more than her twin Tally.
Carrigan is broken and raw just as much if not more than her sister. A product of there parents greed and lack of love and respect for there kids.
Where Tally was ignored and abandoned Carrigan was forced into the lime light turned into a puppet. Carrigan sees the light finally and has to do what she can to help her sister an
Lisa Louise
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG when is part two out, need it now!
Absolutely fantastic.
Carrigan and Carson captivated me from the start of this book.

Carrigan is so much more than the Evil twin sister, she has more depth and pain behind her attitude. Carson was made for her, he brings out the goodness in her and strength. Their relationship goes from nothing to everything fast and OMG its hott, endearing and everlasting. Yep these pair are definitely my favourite.

So many more exciting things from these wonderful character's
Alex
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Somehow I missed that this was Carrigans book and not the 3rd installment of Tallys book...that being said it was such a pleasant surprise!! I was hoping to get Carrigans side of this and answer some questions I had on how she became the way she did. As usual Gemma did not disappoint! It was AMAZING! This story shows the relationship between Carrigan (Priss) and Carson and how together they break the terms and free them from the torture this will has caused. I'm so happy to see Carrigan find her ...more
Serena Worker
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We met Carrigan in The Spare and she was the heir to the fortune but there were conditions, conditions until recently that she agreed to meet.
Everything changed for her though, and now her only focus is to get out of the inheritance. Leaving her parents’ house with Tally, her only focus is making sure that she doesn’t get the inheritance and asks Carson for help. She knows he hates her but she has to try to right some of the wrongs that have been done by the will.
Carson knows he hates Carrigan
Kaye Springett
Really enjoying this series
This is Priss and carlton’s story. In the spare you think caragan is just a bitch of a little rich girl but in her story you see beneath the layers of abuse her parents inflicted on both the girls . Where Tally has some fight left in her Caragan only has her bitch front but underneath she has no clue what to do without being told . With the inheritance no longer on the table their parents have disowned them and left the country.
Can’t wait for the final part if this se
Leanne
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my days.
I didn't think I could love a couple more than Tally and Arlo but Carrigan and Carson are fire!! I want to be them when I grow up.
I came into this book thinking that maybe Carrigan was going to be a right cow and I was kind of looking forward to her getting her comeuppance but actually, the way Gemma has broken her and then had Carson put her back together in a more beautiful form is so much more satisfying.
I am really looking forward to part 2 of this book!
Tracy Hogan
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You should probably hate Carrigan after all she did to her twin but this book makes you feel different. You get a look at the real her and it makes you understand her and make you love her as much as her sister. You find herself cheering for her and wanting her with Carson(who would of thought that). This is another amazing book in this perfect series.
Natasha
Wow Wow Wow
This books is amazing.. i love how we see carrigans side now and how she starts to become stronger. I love how Carson is with her, he sees a side that carrigan does not show to others, i love them together. I werent sure if i was ever going to like carrigan but im definitly starting too.. i cant wait to read part two to see how this ends 😁
Amanda Li
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
When you think you dislike someone enough that nothing will change your opinion !

Then.... you are left wanting the second book to see what happens next !

Carrigan (Priss) really can into her own in this book and with the help of Carson ! Oh my !

Read it !

4 stars

Diz
4TLOR
Yvonne Eason
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gemma, Gemma, Gemma

What the hell woman! You always leave us wanting more and more.

I am so glad you have written Carringtons story. It's so good to see the otherside of the story. Carson acts like this really tough man but even he has issues.

So looking forward to book 2 in this set
Celeste
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For full review go to Beyond the Covers Blog here on Goodreads
Tracy
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Again this author has thrown a huge HUGE curve ball....
I really disliked Carrigan in the previous books, but holh cow.
And now Carson, Tally and Arlo, Olly and Watson can they become the family needed to help the twins heal and grow as they need to.
Bring on more.
Carrie
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
Fab continuation from The Spare. Really loved getting insight into Carrigan’s story...looking forward to the next book.

• Anagram
  • Resist You: Resist Duet (Unchained Attraction, #3)
  • I Promise You
  • Unconventional Love
  • Tame his Beast: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling, Part 2 (Devil's Highwaymen)
  • Bullied
  • Defy You  (Rebel Ink #3)
  • Inked (The Driven World)
  • My Lord
  • Take A Number
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
  • Touchdown (Quick Snap)
  • Safe With You (Winter's Rose #1)
  • Still The One (The Heartbreak Brothers, #2)
  • Headlines (Prime Time, #3)
  • Torture: A Halloween Anthology
  • Stripped Love
Gemma Weir is a half crazed stay at home mom to three kids, one man child and a hell hound. She has lived in the midlands, in the UK her whole life and has wanted to write a book since she was a child. Gemma has a ridiculously dirty mind and loves her book boyfriends to be big, tattooed alpha males. She's a reader first and foremost and she loves her romance to come with a happy ending and lots of ...more

News & Interviews