Start by marking “The Stepsisters” as Want to Read:
The Stepsisters

The Stepsisters

#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery pens a love story of a different sort…a heartfelt tale of friendship between two women who used to be sisters.

Once upon a time, when her dad married Sage’s mom, Daisy was thrilled to get a bright and shiny new sister. But Sage was beautiful and popular, everything Daisy was not, and she made sure Daisy knew it.

Sage did
Published May 25th 2021 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Stepsisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stepsisters

Start your review of The Stepsisters
Jonetta
Daisy Bosarge is a nurse anesthesiologist whose been married for twelve years and is the mother of two young children. When she was eight years old, her widowed father remarried and she gained a stepsister. Daisy was excited at the prospect of having a sibling but nine year old Sage wanted nothing to do with her and became her tormenter. Later, they shared a half sister, Cassidy, who decided to ally with Sage when she got older and ostracized Daisy, too. The relationships were permanently fractu ...more
Lucy
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, 2021
I've enjoyed other books by this author, and this one is no exception. It's a family drama with a twist of romance ... a perfect beach read.

Daisy and Sage became stepsisters when their parents married. Their parents then had a daughter, Cassidy. The sisters went through some trying times, especially after their parents divorced. Now as grown-ups, they're estranged from each other. An unexpected event and facing their past is what it takes for them to become sisters again.

This is a story about f
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I’m conflicted on this one. Definitely a love-hate story. I wanted more of the good and less of the bad, but that’s life in a nutshell. 3.5 Stars!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mallery takes a chance and creates characters in the story with a lot of flaws. We all have flaws. We absolutely know that. In The Stepsisters, she seems to focus on big flaws that are tough to get over.

There is a lot happening in this book. Separation, unexpected guests, people pushing others together, bad decisions, and so much
Dash fan
4☆ An Entertaining and Engrossing Read.

Daisy and her step sister Sage have been estranged for a long time, after their parents divorced and the two never really got on! In fact Sage bullied Daisy!

So when Daisy is at the side of the road covered in her Daughter Krissa's sick, the last person she expects to drive by and save the day is Sage!

Daisy and her husband Jordan are having marital problems, when he leaves her and their two kids Ben and Krissa, to go stay in a hotel, without any explanati
Judy
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Susan Mallery casts characters so well and I fell into this book and for some reason, just wanted it to keep going - I was enjoying it so much. The books in about family, sisters, relationships, jealousy, and love. Families are complicated and this one is no different. There are hurts that run deep, that arise over and over to influence actions.

There are three stepsisters involved here: Daisy, Sage, and Cassidy, and the interactions are so interesting I was fascinated. How pain suffered in chil
Dallas Strawn
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Susan Mallery knows her lane...she sticks with it, and does it quite well in my opinion. Her books are very light reads, but there fun and quick and entertaining. Good beach books; and good to pass time.

I’m still a relatively new fan of hers, this is my 4th or 5th book of hers I’ve read? I’ve been reading all her new releases lately in ‘20 and ‘21; and I’ve quite enjoyed them all but I laugh when I think about how every bookstore pretty much classifies her books as romance, because they just ar
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Jun 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Stepsisters by Susan Mallery tells the story of Daisy, Sage and Cassidy. Sage and Daisy were stepsisters who despise each other. They have nothing in common except for their half sister Cassidy. Sage and Cassidy were close, leaving Daisy out in the cold. Their relationship was further affected when Daisy and Cassidy’s dad divorced Sage and Cassidy’s mom.

Eig
Sherri Thacker
Not my favorite Susan Mallery book. I’m definitely in the minority with my 2 star rating but this story fell flat for me and I could not connect with any of the characters. I didn’t care for any of the stepsisters nor their mother’s for that matter. Had a hard time finishing it so DNF at 50%. Just not for me. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this early release in exchange for my review.
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Wishlist | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Ko-fi

I am so excited to be part of the blog tour for The Stepsisters by Susan Mallery! Huge thank you to the team at Mills and Boon, for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis:

When Daisy’s dad married Sage’s mum, Daisy was thrilled to get a new sister. Except Sage was beautiful and popular, everything Daisy was not, and she made sure Daisy knew it.

As a young girl, Sage found herself living in a palatial home
Susan
Holy cow, THE STEPSISTERS is one crazy story! There are three stepsisters involved here: Daisy, Sage, and Cassidy, and the way they interact with eachother was so interesting I was instantly hooked. I have two sisters so I totally understood some of the feelings they had. These three sisters couldn’t be more different but they are about to find out just how strong their sister bond is. The three slowly put the past behind them and explore where it all went wrong and come out stronger than before ...more
Bookread2day
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review on my website www.bookread2day.wordpress.com
Twitter @bookread2day
I’m a huge fan of Susan Mallery she is my favourite authors that I can always rely on to give me a delicious unputdownable story. I adore every book multi-million copy selling author Susan Mallery writes.

Susan Mallery writes lovely romance, fiction Chick Lit.

I love the how Susan Mallery creates the stepsisters messy relationship tackling a stepsister who feels intimidated, upset hiding in the shadows of their stepsister’
Robyn
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it

Chic-lit is usually not my chosen genre, and when I do, it is always Southern chic-lit. However, I put this on my TBR list with a bunch of similar titles, 'The Wife upstairs', The Good Sister; The Downstairs Neighbor; The Mothers"... you get the picture of a group of family relation reads. Sort of a title grouping thing I do and then get surprised when the book is different than I think. So on to the review!

I wish I remembered what I thought when I first started the book, it was sure catchy, but
Kathryn
The Stepsisters by Susan Mallery is a book about sisters. Daisy and Sage are stepsisters, Daisy and Cassidy are half sisters as are Cassidy and Sage. A little complicated but not really. Their relationships with each other didn't get off to the best of starts.  All thanks really to a mother figure who wasn't that great at being a mother.

When Cassidy ends up at Daisy's house after a bad accident, the three sisters have a second chance to discover what being sisters could mean. It is a rather pitt
Peggy Jaeger
Apr 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Blended families come with their own sets of problems and drama. That’s more than evident in Mallery’s new book THE STEPSISTERS.

Daisy, Sage, and Cassidy.

Sage’s mom married Daisy’s dad and that new stepmom had Cassidy. Confusing? Not really. What was a tad confusing to me was the animosity Sage and Cassidy felt for Daisy while they were growing up.

Now all three are adults. They haven’t seen one another is almost 20 years. The old hurts, issues, and dramas unfold when they three of them are thrust
Robin Loves Reading
What happens when a blended family fails? That is what has happened in the case of Sage, Daisy and Cassidy. Sage and Daisy's parents married but Sage and Daisy did not grow especially close, especially when the parents divorced. Even though they were rather yong children, Daisy and Sage never got along, even though they eventually shared a half-sister named Cassidy. Interestingly, Sage and Cassidy were quite close, despite their age differnce and the fact that their parents divorced. Three siste ...more
Amy
May 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I’m a longtime fan of the author and have completely enjoyed reading her books in print, but a few months ago I decided to try the audio version of another book of hers and absolutely loved the narrator, Tanya Eby. When I got the chance to have an early listen of The Stepsisters it was a no brainer, Tanya is an incredible narrator and really brings the characters Susan creates to life. She has such an engaging quality in her voice, if you’re an audiobook listener this was fantastic!

I loved the p
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great story about three sister coming together, forgiving, hope , starting over. Nice
Julia Richardson
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story of family and working through adversity. Three women, Daisy, Cassidy, and Sage have strained relationship with each other. When they each face hardships, will they pull together or drift farther apart? This was a story of courage, love, and hope. I enjoyed watching how the women handled the circumstances that came their way.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads
Susan Mallery is back again with a new novel, The Stepsisters. It's a love story, but probably not the sort you're expecting – it's about the love between friends.

There was a time when Daisy was thrilled about the idea of getting a sister (stepsister, whatever). But then she actually met Sage. Sage was everything that Daisy was not, beautiful, popular, confident; you name it.

Meanwhile, Sage always knew that she was never going to be as bright as Daisy. She struck at Daisy however she could, a
Sarah R | BiblioBonorum
While The Stepsisters could have been a sweet story about sisterly love, it was packed with misogyny and selfish stepsisters.

At first, I didn't like either Cassidy or Sage. Just as Sage was finally starting to redeem herself, she did something despicable, especially to her stepsister. I'd never have been able to invite someone who had betrayed me so terribly to live in my house, but you do you I guess. Esmerelda perfectly sums it up: "You're a bad person. I thought you'd changed, but I was wron
Margaret Dombrowski
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book as an Uncorrected Proof.* Without going into detail, Sage Vitale is my maiden last name....this is very exciting for me!

This book was interesting with a "raise your eyebrows" take on mixed families. The sisters (One step; the other half) Daisy, Sage and Cassidy definitely have a complicated relationship that veered towards heartbreak and bittersweet. I was fascinated with the life style in Bel-Air. Who knew?!

The elephant in the room is Joanne. I would have liked to have see
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
May 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
FULL REVIEW WILL BE ON JUNE 18.

All it takes is a family emergency to bring people back together, right?

We follow three sisters as they try to reconnect with each other and realize they did miss a lot over the years.

A lot of family drama, but it was a pleasant read with likable characters.

Women’s fiction fans will enjoy this book along with anyone who needs to take a look at their family and personal relationships to see just how important they are.  4/5

This book was given to me by the publisher
Vickie
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Told with the signature wit of the author as well as her understanding of and sympathy for her characters, this book delved deeply into the broken family relationships that seem unable to be repaired. Daisy is a trust fund baby with a big home, the undying love of her father and a job that she enjoys. Sage is beautiful, well traveled and has already looked for love in all the wrong places so she has returned home. And Cassidy, the adventurer, returns home unexpectedly and reluctantly when she ha ...more
Laura Hill
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-womens
Thank you to Harlequin and NetGalley for providing an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. The book will be published on May 25th, 2021.

Another great Susan Mallery book — I like the way she mixes traditional romance tropes (hunky guys and happy endings) with messages about things that are frankly more important: the value of friendship, standing up for yourself, and recognizing that the happy ending you think your due isn’t actually the one you end up getting. While these
Susan
Terrific drama-filled story of love, family, choices, and second chances. I could not put the book down. Years ago, when Daisy was eight years old, her widowed father remarried. His new wife had a daughter, Sage, who was a year older than Daisy. While Daisy was excited about having a sister, Sage did not return the sentiment. Instead, she did everything possible to make Daisy's life miserable. Several years later, their parents added Cassidy to the family, a half-sister to both girls. Even then, ...more
Jenn
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, arc
First, where is the book cover here on GR? I had to get it from Edelweiss for my Bookstagram post. And where are the other reviews? This one's been out for a few weeks at Edelweiss.

Daisy's husband has, out if the blue, decided that they need some time apart. But he won't tell her why, just insisting that she knows. Meanwhile, her estranged half sister, Cassidy, has had a terrible accident and their father is insisting she move in with Daisy why she heals. And then, there's Sage. Sage is Daisy's
Kathy
Mar 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
This story drew me in from almost the beginning. It's a study of relationships, between step-sisters, half-sisters, and love interests. It's uplifting in that the 3 women can put the past behind them and become sisters and friends, even though they are bound to mess up, and do. It doesn't give off any warm fuzzies as some pretty awful stuff happens, but there is a lot of food for thought and satisfaction when they see their way through to a future. ...more
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
*clears throat*

*claps hands*

Can I have your attention please?

Don’t make me bring out the megaphone!!

*huffs*

Ready now?

Okay, do you adore stories that capture your heart? Stories all about the intricacies of family, love, and relationships? Well then, I have six words for you.

You. Need. To. Read. This. Book.

*sighs*

Susan Mallery has done it again! My emotions are still reeling from reading the sisters’ story. It was just the perfect read at the perfect time.

Blended families are hard to navigate
Yvonne
Jun 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Daisy had been so delighted when her widower father remarried. Her stepmother came with her own daughter, Sage, and Daisy had high hopes for this new family. When Daisy’s father and her stepmother had their own daughter, Cassidy, Daisy was even more excited about her new family. However, things did not work out for Daisy. Her stepmother and her new sisters became one unit and turned on Daisy out of jealousy.

Things got even worse when Daisy married Sage’s first love. The family totally fell apar
Susan Ballard
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Are you looking for a great book to read at the beach or poolside this summer? Then make sure to toss 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 into your bag!

Daisy is confused. Her husband Jordan has notified her he’s moving out via text. She wasn’t even aware they were having problems.

Now, her kids are sick and on top of that, she runs into Sage, her once step-sister. Daisy hasn’t seen Sage in years, actually since Sage made a scene at Daisy and Jordan’s wedding. Sage dated Jordan in high school, and at Daisy’s wedding

• When I Found You (Silver Springs, #8)
  • The Bookstore on the Beach
  • It's Better This Way
  • Right Behind Her (Bree Taggert, #4)
  • Legacy
  • The Sinful Lives of Trophy Wives
  • The Clover Girls
  • The One You're With
  • The Summer of Lost and Found (Beach House, #7)
  • Blush
  • The Bookshop of Second Chances
  • The Photographer
  • Dominicana
See top shelves…
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more